HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 Offseason Thread Part IV: Streit's rights to PHI for 2014 4th Rounder

Closed Thread

Old
06-10-2013, 10:35 AM
NYR Viper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cacchioli22 View Post
do you really think dz gets us that pick because thats what everyone is thinking remember he was picked in the 20's. i highly doubt he gets us the pick but would love to get it in a great draft. dont think nichushkin is there at 7 though
Yes. MDZ is easily worth that pick +. A top-4 22 year old puck mover is FAR more valuable than a possible good player. Young players take time to develop. MDZ is still young AND he has 3 years of NHL experience and plays in all situations.

Old
06-10-2013, 10:41 AM
cacchioli22

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Viper View Post
Yes. MDZ is easily worth that pick +. A top-4 22 year old puck mover is FAR more valuable than a possible good player. Young players take time to develop. MDZ is still young AND he has 3 years of NHL experience and plays in all situations.
i agree he is valuable and would love that deal but edmonton values there picks high as they are a young team plus i question mdz's consistency although he is still young

Old
06-10-2013, 10:44 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
do you really think dz gets us that pick because thats what everyone is thinking remember he was picked in the 20's. i highly doubt he gets us the pick but would love to get it in a great draft. dont think nichushkin is there at 7 though
I think he could get us that pick, yes. The real appeal for Edmonton is they get a 23 year old defender who has experience already. He can step in right away and play an important role. Where he was picked before is irrelevant. Nikita Filatov was picked at #6 in 2008. What would he get now? Nothing remotely close to that.

People on this site tend to overvalue draft picks. That's not a shot at you in particular, just an observation. Thankfully GM's see the benefit of getting a sure thing in a trade as opposed to the mystery box that is a draft pick.

If Nichushkin isn't there, I'd be disappointed, but we could still get a good player there. One of Lindholm, Monahan, or Ristolainen for sure.

Old
06-10-2013, 10:49 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
I think he could get us that pick, yes. The real appeal for Edmonton is they get a 23 year old defender who has experience already. He can step in right away and play an important role. Where he was picked before is irrelevant. Nikita Filatov was picked at #6 in 2008. What would he get now? Nothing remotely close to that.

People on this site tend to overvalue draft picks. That's not a shot at you in particular, just an observation. Thankfully GM's see the benefit of getting a sure thing in a trade as opposed to the mystery box that is a draft pick.

If Nichushkin isn't there, I'd be disappointed, but we could still get a good player there. One of Lindholm, Monahan, or Ristolainen for sure.
Sometimes picks are overvalued here, but often 1st and 2nd rounders are thrown into trade proposals like the period at the en of a sentence. Depends on the circumstances. As soon as you put a number on the pick it becomes much more valuable here.

Old
06-10-2013, 10:50 AM
cacchioli22

Quote:

okay np i see what you guys are saying, i agree it is a deep and talented draft and its unfortunate that we dont have many picks

Old
06-10-2013, 10:52 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:

I think Nichuskin will be there

Either way, I would love Monahan or Lindholm as well.

Old
06-10-2013, 10:53 AM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

The deal that Viper proposed is fair. Edmonton gets three players, counting Clowe, that can step in and play right away. The Rangers get a good, young 3rd liner with 2nd line potential in Paajarvi, as well as Nichuschkin, Monahan, or Lindholm. The Russian would be a home run. For some reason though, I have a feeling Carolina will take him at 5 to give 7 million dollar man Alex Semin a Russian friend.

I see a more offensive Mike Richards in Monahan. Lindholm is a slick Swede with a lot of skill. It's a big gamble, but one I'd be willing to take.

Old
06-10-2013, 10:53 AM
cacchioli22

Quote:
I think Nichuskin will be there

Either way, I would love Monahan or Lindholm as well.
Nichuskin is rated in top 5 everywhere, dont see him going past nashville or carolina

Old
06-10-2013, 10:55 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Nichuskin is rated in top 5 everywhere, dont see him going past nashville or carolina
The Russian factor will scare off teams. Hell, if the Rangers were at 7, they may be scared off too after what happened to Cheraponov.

Old
06-10-2013, 10:55 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
Sometimes picks are overvalued here, but often 1st and 2nd rounders are thrown into trade proposals like the period at the en of a sentence. Depends on the circumstances. As soon as you put a number on the pick it becomes much more valuable here.
It certainly goes both ways, but Edmonton is under pressure to get better immediately. Del Zotto makes them better immediately.

Old
06-10-2013, 10:57 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
It certainly goes both ways, but Edmonton is under pressure to get better immediately. Del Zotto makes them better immediately.
As does Boyle and Clowe. Also, Boyle and Clowe immediately make them bigger and tougher to play against up front which they lack.

MDZ adds a puck-mover who can grow with their core and play 20+ minutes a night in all situations. He is a physical player as well.

I think it makes sense. I would hope for a conditional 2nd, condition being if Clowe signs.

Old
06-10-2013, 10:58 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

I'm not keen on throwing Boyle into any deal right now. We do't presently have a third line center, if you assume Broadway Brad has skated his last backcheck here.

I'd be more interested in seeing what we'd have to add to get Yakupov than the 7th or Paajarvi.

Old
06-10-2013, 11:00 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
So was Cam Fowler. Sometimes players slide. I think the teams you need to worry about with Nichuskin are Tampa Bay and Carolina. Neither team shys away from Russians. Good news for Carolina is that if they miss on Nichushkin, I think that means Drouin falls right into their laps. Nashville couldn't find a better fit than Barkov, and Florida needs that #1C in MacKinnon.

Old
NYR Viper

Quote:
I'm not keen on throwing Boyle into any deal right now. We do't presently have a third line center, if you assume Broadway Brad has skated his last backcheck here.

I'd be more interested in seeing what we'd have to add to get Yakupov than the 7th or Paajarvi.
Another RWer though. I like Yakupov, but where does he play?

I like the idea of Dominic Moore if he is indeed going to play this year. If Vigneault becomes the coach, will he bring over Lapierre who he liked in Vancouver?

Boyd Gordon is another name.

Old
cacchioli22

Quote:
As does Boyle and Clowe. Also, Boyle and Clowe immediately make them bigger and tougher to play against up front which they lack.

MDZ adds a puck-mover who can grow with their core and play 20+ minutes a night in all situations. He is a physical player as well.

I think it makes sense. I would hope for a conditional 2nd, condition being if Clowe signs.
would be a nce deal to make. i dont think he qualifies for the russian factor as much because he stated h wants to play in the nhl right away, love his size and speed rangers should jump on him or a nice center

Old
06-10-2013, 11:02 AM
cacchioli22

Quote:
So was Cam Fowler. Sometimes players slide. I think the teams you need to worry about with Nichuskin are Tampa Bay and Carolina. Neither team shys away from Russians. Good news for Carolina is that if they miss on Nichushkin, I think that means Drouin falls right into their laps. Nashville couldn't find a better fit than Barkov, and Florida needs that #1C in MacKinnon.
i would think tampa takes drouin and carolina ends up with nicuskin but hope not

Old
NYR Viper

Quote:
would be a nce deal to make. i dont think he qualifies for the russian factor as much because he stated h wants to play in the nhl right away, love his size and speed rangers should jump on him or a nice center
He said he will play in the NHL or the KHL.

Old
Kwayry
Take the damn deal

Quote:
I agree with you. I am not high on draft picks as everyone is. I don't see any generational talent in any of these prospects.

Old
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Another RWer though. I like Yakupov, but where does he play?

I like the idea of Dominic Moore if he is indeed going to play this year. If Vigneault becomes the coach, will he bring over Lapierre who he liked in Vancouver?
Move Cally to the "3rd" line. I don't think this team is set up to go heavy on a top line, or top two lines. Spread out the attack. Cally will still get his minutes on the PP and on the PK. Might help him over the long run.

Old
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

Quote:

So would I. Yakopov is the next big franchise talent of this league. Trading him would be the biggest blunder Edmonton committed since trading Ryan Smyth.

On the other hand, there were times in my viewings of the WJC when I was more impressed with Nichushkin than Yakupov. If you can get Nichushkin and a good young piece, you really have to think about it rather than going the Yakupov route, which would end up being a lot more expensive in assets to give up.

Old
06-10-2013, 11:03 AM
Harold86

Quote:
SJ automatically gets this years 2nd rounder and FLA's 3rd this year from the Rangers.

If the Rangers do not re-sign him, SJ gets the Rangers 5th '14. If the Rangers do re-sign him, SJ gets the Rangers 2nd '14.
wow... brutal trade IMO considering this draft is deep. GJ sather

Old
06-10-2013, 11:04 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Move Cally to the "3rd" line. I don't think this team is set up to go heavy on a top line, or top two lines. Spread out the attack. Cally will still get his minutes on the PP and on the PK. Might help him over the long run.
I am totally opposed to it, but for me, it seems like a lot of future cap space on the right side. Seems like a bad way to distribute the money, no? Nash and Callahan will easily be 12-13 million. Yakupov will be another 6~7. That's ~20 million on just RWers.

Old
06-10-2013, 11:06 AM
cacchioli22

Quote:
He said he will play in the NHL or the KHL.
his choice is nhl, said if he didnt make the nhl team then he woud go back to khl

Old
06-10-2013, 11:07 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Eat Crow View Post
So would I. Yakopov is the next big franchise talent of this league. Trading him would be the biggest blunder Edmonton committed since trading Ryan Smyth.

On the other hand, there were times in my viewings of the WJC when I was more impressed with Nichushkin than Yakupov. If you can get Nichushkin and a good young piece, you really have to think about it rather than going the Yakupov route, which would end up being a lot more expensive in assets to give up.
I think I would lean towards the #7 + over Yakupov.

If they can grab Paajarvi as well, there wingers would be HUGE moving forward. Nichuskin, Nash, Kreider, Pajaarvi. Hard to contain that many good skating big men.

Add to them Fast, Hagelin and Callahan who are all very good skaters as well and this team could easily turn up the speed of their game quickly.

Old
06-10-2013, 11:08 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
his choice is nhl, said if he didnt make the nhl team then he woud go back to khl
Correct. Not all teams want to deal with that on EVERY contract that he signs from now until the end of his career. It also means that he will not come over and play in the AHL to learn the system. Not all teams are willing to take that risk.

Closed Thread