HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 Offseason Thread Part IV: Streit's rights to PHI for 2014 4th Rounder

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-11-2013, 03:41 AM
  #776
SupersonicMonkey*
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,231
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Lucic is an excellent forward and all, but I'd prefer if the Rangers emulate the Bruins stress on organizational center depth rather than spending a large portion of their cap on wingers.
Agree.

One of the reasons I now hope for a Del Zotto - (Brayden) Schenn trade.

Stepan
Brassard
Schenn
Boyle

That's depth down the middle. Schenn has true #1 potential in the form of Mike Richards. And if the Rangers hire Stevens, Schenn could blossom as Richards did under Stevens.

Add Lindberg to the mix, now Miller would be a winger. That kind of addition to the organization (Schenn) would create depth all over the forward corp.

And I like Schenn's edge and speed as well. He will be better then Couturier.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline  
Old
06-11-2013, 05:22 AM
  #777
Mats Zuccarelli
NY Hockey Rangers
 
Mats Zuccarelli's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New York City!
Country: Israel
Posts: 2,423
vCash: 500
#BringByfuglientoBroadway

Mats Zuccarelli is offline  
Old
06-11-2013, 07:42 AM
  #778
KreidertheGlider
MDZ for NYR Blueline
 
KreidertheGlider's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 473
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by billyhauntswizards View Post
might be alone here but I hope Brandon Mashinter really impresses at camp! He's kinda slow but he forechecks well, kills penalties, has a big body, fights really well, hits a lot, and even discovered some scoring touch with the Whale. He'd fit right in with Boyle and Dorsett
I was excited for Mash but the games he played in Blue were a disappointment to me.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticky Fingers View Post
I'm quite sure that MDZ won't be the center piece in a trade for any of those players.
He would be more of a Bi- piece. Maybe (MDZ, Kreider, 2014 1st, small +) would get it done?

KreidertheGlider is offline  
Old
06-11-2013, 07:48 AM
  #779
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 31,844
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KreidertheGlider View Post
I was excited for Mash but the games he played in Blue were a disappointment to me.
That's because he can't skate.

__________________
SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline  
Old
06-11-2013, 08:15 AM
  #780
KreidertheGlider
MDZ for NYR Blueline
 
KreidertheGlider's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 473
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
That's because he can't skate.
Right, he was very hyped up before his debut. I hope he puts it together but I don't have my hopes up

KreidertheGlider is offline  
Old
06-11-2013, 08:18 AM
  #781
nsvoyageurs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 638
vCash: 500
I would say no to resigning Clowe (concussion issues, slow, and declining stats, have to give San Jose a 2nd rd pick if they resign him, which was one of the reasons why I didn't like that trade to begin with) at any cost; no to Horton of Boston (same reasons). With the free agent pool kind of weak, the Rangers should stay away from free agency.

If they can get into the top 7 of the Entry Draft, they should do that; seeing that Howson likes MDZ, something could be worked out. The best case for including Paarjarvi would be he needs a change of scenery and maybe getting out of Edmonton gives him a new lease on his career and he breaks out. If Staal has no intention of resigning with the Rangers, they should send Staal him to Carolina for the number #5 overall pick (he's likely going there, so get something for him), I'd be fine with that. Of course, if you're trading defencemen, you'd have to get one back for depth reasons. With these trades, other pieces would have to be added, perhaps from both sides.

If Lundqvist's contract demands get unreasonable (anything over 8M per), I trade him. You'd probably have to get a young goalie in return, or there may be a glut of goalies on the market, so finding a replacement for him would not be overly expensive. Plus, even with a good goalie, or the young goalie you bring in for Lundqvist can step in and play right away, the Rangers are still a playoff team (with some other adjustments). Of course, whoever you get won't be Lundqvist, but you're still a competitive team with the team around him and you need the space to put a competitive team on the ice. If he wants something like 8 years 10m per, I say see you later, good luck to you. Giving him that would be bad cap management. You can add youth with picks and prospects, and you need to think of the long term.

I think we all know the Rangers need high end skill forwards, especially with size; also, youth with size, a Lucic type, and the draft is the most likely avenue to acquire those. Not having 1st and 2nd rd draft picks, especially in what should be one of the best drafts in recent memory makes adding high end talent difficult. Giving up the 1st rd pick was the only part of the Nash trade I didn't like; despite his playoff non-productivity. Giving up the 2nd rd pick for keeping Clowe would be stupid. I'm a draft guy, and I don't like giving up early picks unless in special players.

Trading Lundqvist, Staal, and MDZ in one offseason would be quite a transformation. If they bring in a veteran coach, that vet coach may not be thrilled seeing those guys traded away; if they bring in a young coach, those changes would be more palatable to him as they'd have a team that would be growing together for the long term and hopefully, for a long successful run. That young coach will want to win also, but he'd be with the transformation plan and there are still pieces here he can work with until the youth finds its place. The team, as is, is still below the top Cup contenders, and with the cap issues down the road, tough/unpopular decisions have to be made.

nsvoyageurs is offline  
Old
06-11-2013, 08:18 AM
  #782
Amazing Kreiderman
@StatBoy_Steven
 
Amazing Kreiderman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Netherlands
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 14,715
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by puckrush View Post
Agree.

One of the reasons I now hope for a Del Zotto - (Brayden) Schenn trade.

Stepan
Brassard
Schenn
Boyle

That's depth down the middle. Schenn has true #1 potential in the form of Mike Richards. And if the Rangers hire Stevens, Schenn could blossom as Richards did under Stevens.

Add Lindberg to the mix, now Miller would be a winger. That kind of addition to the organization (Schenn) would create depth all over the forward corp.

And I like Schenn's edge and speed as well. He will be better then Couturier.
We can also try to sign Burmistrov, or as one of our Swedish friends called him "Burmisimov", since he might not re-sign with WPG. That way, we can trade DZ for a desperate needed LW

__________________
3 most memorable goals in New York Rangers history:
- Stephane Matteau in game 7 of the Eastern Conference Finals in 1994
- Brad Richards in game 5 of the Eastern Conference Semi Finals in 2012
- Tanner Glass in game 84 of the Tanner Glass goalless streak in 2015
Amazing Kreiderman is offline  
Old
06-11-2013, 08:27 AM
  #783
KreidertheGlider
MDZ for NYR Blueline
 
KreidertheGlider's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 473
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsvoyageurs View Post
I would say no to resigning Clowe (concussion issues, slow, and declining stats, have to give San Jose a 2nd rd pick if they resign him, which was one of the reasons why I didn't like that trade to begin with) at any cost; no to Horton of Boston (same reasons). With the free agent pool kind of weak, the Rangers should stay away from free agency.

If they can get into the top 7 of the Entry Draft, they should do that; seeing that Howson likes MDZ, something could be worked out. The best case for including Paarjarvi would be he needs a change of scenery and maybe getting out of Edmonton gives him a new lease on his career and he breaks out. If Staal has no intention of resigning with the Rangers, they should send Staal him to Carolina for the number #5 overall pick (he's likely going there, so get something for him), I'd be fine with that. Of course, if you're trading defencemen, you'd have to get one back for depth reasons. With these trades, other pieces would have to be added, perhaps from both sides.

If Lundqvist's contract demands get unreasonable (anything over 8M per), I trade him. You'd probably have to get a young goalie in return, or there may be a glut of goalies on the market, so finding a replacement for him would not be overly expensive. Plus, even with a good goalie, or the young goalie you bring in for Lundqvist can step in and play right away, the Rangers are still a playoff team (with some other adjustments). Of course, whoever you get won't be Lundqvist, but you're still a competitive team with the team around him and you need the space to put a competitive team on the ice. If he wants something like 8 years 10m per, I say see you later, good luck to you. Giving him that would be bad cap management. You can add youth with picks and prospects, and you need to think of the long term.

I think we all know the Rangers need high end skill forwards, especially with size; also, youth with size, a Lucic type, and the draft is the most likely avenue to acquire those. Not having 1st and 2nd rd draft picks, especially in what should be one of the best drafts in recent memory makes adding high end talent difficult. Giving up the 1st rd pick was the only part of the Nash trade I didn't like; despite his playoff non-productivity. Giving up the 2nd rd pick for keeping Clowe would be stupid. I'm a draft guy, and I don't like giving up early picks unless in special players.

Trading Lundqvist, Staal, and MDZ in one offseason would be quite a transformation. If they bring in a veteran coach, that vet coach may not be thrilled seeing those guys traded away; if they bring in a young coach, those changes would be more palatable to him as they'd have a team that would be growing together for the long term and hopefully, for a long successful run. That young coach will want to win also, but he'd be with the transformation plan and there are still pieces here he can work with until the youth finds its place. The team, as is, is still below the top Cup contenders, and with the cap issues down the road, tough/unpopular decisions have to be made.
MDZ to EDM for a draft pick and underperforming forward and then trade Staal to CAR for a draft pick?


We destroy our LHD depth for picks. We are a contender why would we go into rebuild?

Lundqvist is not leaving unless we hire Messier/ Gretsky and if that happens idc because I won't be a NYR.fan anymore.

It's not like Staal and MDZ are 30... They are both pretty young why would we trade them??? This entire post makes no sense. We have made the playoffs 4 out of the last 5 years.

We don't need to blow the team up! We need to tweak it.

KreidertheGlider is offline  
Old
06-11-2013, 08:30 AM
  #784
KreidertheGlider
MDZ for NYR Blueline
 
KreidertheGlider's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 473
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pass art by Brassard View Post
We can also try to sign Burmistrov, or as one of our Swedish friends called him "Burmisimov", since he might not re-sign with WPG. That way, we can trade DZ for a desperate needed LW
I wouldn't mind that. He has great vision. That would make our center depth very young and they all have tremendous upside. And that frees up MDZ to be traded to whereever for some more offensive firepower.

Is he a UFA this year or next?

KreidertheGlider is offline  
Old
06-11-2013, 08:50 AM
  #785
Amazing Kreiderman
@StatBoy_Steven
 
Amazing Kreiderman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Netherlands
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 14,715
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KreidertheGlider View Post
I wouldn't mind that. He has great vision. That would make our center depth very young and they all have tremendous upside. And that frees up MDZ to be traded to whereever for some more offensive firepower.

Is he a UFA this year or next?
Burmistrov is RFA this off-season. His qualifying offer would be less than 1m, but I am not up-to-date on the whole signing a RFA-procedure. Could someone point me in the right direction where to find the rules to this, or could someone explain this to me?

It would be the best way to stock up on center depth without giving up roster players

Amazing Kreiderman is offline  
Old
06-11-2013, 08:58 AM
  #786
NYR Viper
Registered User
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 32,790
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
That's because he can't skate.
I disagree. For a guy who can handle himself against heavyweights, I thought he looked more than fine. He just looked tentative which is just a matter of confidence. He cycled the puck well and seemed to know what to do with the puck offensively.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pass art by Brassard View Post
Burmistrov is RFA this off-season. His qualifying offer would be less than 1m, but I am not up-to-date on the whole signing a RFA-procedure. Could someone point me in the right direction where to find the rules to this, or could someone explain this to me?

It would be the best way to stock up on center depth without giving up roster players
They aren't just going to give the Rangers Burmistrov for nothing.

NYR Viper is online now  
Old
06-11-2013, 09:05 AM
  #787
KreidertheGlider
MDZ for NYR Blueline
 
KreidertheGlider's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 473
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pass art by Brassard View Post
Burmistrov is RFA this off-season. His qualifying offer would be less than 1m, but I am not up-to-date on the whole signing a RFA-procedure. Could someone point me in the right direction where to find the rules to this, or could someone explain this to me?

It would be the best way to stock up on center depth without giving up roster players
Yeah sorry I meant RFA. I'm not very informed on RFA signings either but I believe we would either have to give him an offer sheet or he he files for arbitration.

So I think we will need to trade for him... And there are better things to trade for

KreidertheGlider is offline  
Old
06-11-2013, 09:06 AM
  #788
iamitter
Thornton's Hen
 
iamitter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,529
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Viper View Post
I disagree. For a guy who can handle himself against heavyweights, I thought he looked more than fine. He just looked tentative which is just a matter of confidence. He cycled the puck well and seemed to know what to do with the puck offensively.



They aren't just going to give the Rangers Burmistrov for nothing.
I recall you being extremely disappointed when you saw him play for the first time in the NHL. You have a little more of a rosy outlook on him now, no?

iamitter is offline  
Old
06-11-2013, 09:08 AM
  #789
NYR Viper
Registered User
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 32,790
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitter View Post
I recall you being extremely disappointed when you saw him play for the first time in the NHL. You have a little more of a rosy outlook on him now, no?
I had the same outlook then. I was hoping he would grab the opportunity by the horns and run with it but he, like Kreider, looked tentative and he lost his shot.

I think he is on the same level as Haley, but Haley has a bit more NHL experience which shows in the way he plays.

In saying that, I doubt he makes the team out of camp. I am hopeful because he is a tough guy and this team needs more of them.

NYR Viper is online now  
Old
06-11-2013, 09:22 AM
  #790
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 31,844
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Viper View Post
I disagree. For a guy who can handle himself against heavyweights, I thought he looked more than fine. He just looked tentative which is just a matter of confidence. He cycled the puck well and seemed to know what to do with the puck offensively.
1) Did he even fight a heavyweight? If so, I imagine it wasn't a great showing as it's pretty forgettable.

2) There are issues bigger than fighting. He isn't fast enough to get in on the forecheck and use his body. Isn't that a bigger issue when it comes to team toughness?

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline  
Old
06-11-2013, 09:25 AM
  #791
NYR Viper
Registered User
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 32,790
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
1) Did he even fight a heavyweight? If so, I imagine it wasn't a great showing as it's pretty forgettable.

2) There are issues bigger than fighting. He isn't fast enough to get in on the forecheck and use his body. Isn't that a bigger issue when it comes to team toughness?
He didn't have a fight at all. He has fought Reaves and Parros in the past. He can handle himself well.

That's part of the reason why I thought he was playing tentative.

I agree, but his skating isn't that bad. He was getting to where he needed to be, but he wasn't finishing checks like he needs to. That's the difference. He would get there, and then turn away like he was afraid to take himself out of position.

For a guy like him, in the role he has to play, I say **** it, go for the hit.

NYR Viper is online now  
Old
06-11-2013, 09:29 AM
  #792
GAGLine
Registered User
 
GAGLine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 11,521
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pass art by Brassard View Post
Burmistrov is RFA this off-season. His qualifying offer would be less than 1m, but I am not up-to-date on the whole signing a RFA-procedure. Could someone point me in the right direction where to find the rules to this, or could someone explain this to me?

It would be the best way to stock up on center depth without giving up roster players
Any team can offer any RFA a contract once free agency starts on July 5th, provided the RFA or the team have not elected arbitration. Burmistrov is not eligible for arbitration.

If someone gives him an offer sheet and he signs it, the jets would have 7 days to decide whether they want to match. If they do not match, the jets would get compensated with draft picks based on the yearly average of the deal. Burmistrov isn't likely to get a lot of money, so the compensation would be minimal and the jets would likely match. In that case, they wouldn't be able to trade him for 1 year.

This is the compensation for offer sheets in 2012-13 (may be different for 13-14):

$1,110,249 or below - No Compensation
Over $1,110,249 to $1,682,194 - 3rd round pick
Over $1,682,194 to $3,364,391 - 2nd round pick
Over $3,364,391 to $5,046,585 - 1st round pick, 3rd
Over $5,046,585 to $6,728,781 - 1st round pick, 2nd, 3rd
Over $6,728,781 To $8,410,976 - Two 1st Round Picks, 2nd, 3rd
Over $8,410,976 - Four 1st Round Picks

At most, the jets would get a 2nd round pick for Burmistrov. Is that enough for them to not match? I doubt they'd let him go for a 3rd. Then again, would Burmistrov even sign an offer sheet, knowing he is giving the jets a chance to match and locking him into playing there for another year?

IMO, an offer sheet is very unlikely. If we want him, we'll have to trade for him. We won't have a 2nd round pick in 2014 anyway if we re-sign Clowe.

If you want more information, you can download a copy of the CBA here:

http://www.nhlpa.com/inside-nhlpa/co...ning-agreement

GAGLine is online now  
Old
06-11-2013, 09:30 AM
  #793
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 31,844
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Viper View Post
I agree, but his skating isn't that bad. He was getting to where he needed to be, but he wasn't finishing checks like he needs to. That's the difference. He would get there, and then turn away like he was afraid to take himself out of position.
I have to disagree. He didn't get to where he needed to be. He was late.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Viper View Post
For a guy like him, in the role he has to play, I say **** it, go for the hit.
This I completely agree with. Here's your chance, why be tentative?

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline  
Old
06-11-2013, 09:34 AM
  #794
NYR Viper
Registered User
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 32,790
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
I have to disagree. He didn't get to where he needed to be. He was late.



This I completely agree with. Here's your chance, why be tentative?
Eh, I am not saying he is a good skater, but I thought he was moving around a bit better than Rupp did when he was still a Rangers. Obviously that's not fantastic, but if he can bring some toughness, I would be okay with him as an extra forward.

That always kills me. If anything, be over aggressive. I would rather him plant someone through the boards than the opposite, but it's possible Torts wanted those guys to keep it very simple and held them back a bit.

I remember Haley was finally getting comfortable on the 4th line and then he took a bad penalty in Buffalo. Immediately sent down.

I get it, bad penalties are, well, bad. But you have to let these guys who play on the edge, play on the edge and then try and reel them in slowly. It's part of the reason I like Dorsett. I would rather them be over aggressive out of passion and caring then the other way around.

NYR Viper is online now  
Old
06-11-2013, 09:35 AM
  #795
Trxjw
Retired.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 20,587
vCash: 500
Yeah, Mash isn't going to see significant NHL time until he learns how to skate. Give him some time with Barb Underhill and see if it helps.

Trxjw is offline  
Old
06-11-2013, 10:16 AM
  #796
PlamsUnlimited
PUMP IT UP PUEMPEL
 
PlamsUnlimited's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 23,223
vCash: 919
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Viper View Post
Eh, I am not saying he is a good skater, but I thought he was moving around a bit better than Rupp did when he was still a Rangers. Obviously that's not fantastic, but if he can bring some toughness, I would be okay with him as an extra forward.

That always kills me. If anything, be over aggressive. I would rather him plant someone through the boards than the opposite, but it's possible Torts wanted those guys to keep it very simple and held them back a bit.

I remember Haley was finally getting comfortable on the 4th line and then he took a bad penalty in Buffalo. Immediately sent down.

I get it, bad penalties are, well, bad. But you have to let these guys who play on the edge, play on the edge and then try and reel them in slowly. It's part of the reason I like Dorsett. I would rather them be over aggressive out of passion and caring then the other way around.
Something that pissed me off. The extremely short leash players like that were kept on. Every player takes crappy penalties. When you do what happened to Haley or Ferriero you get soft players because they're terrified of playing aggressive because they're scared of being called... rendering them less effective

PlamsUnlimited is offline  
Old
06-11-2013, 10:34 AM
  #797
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NYC
Country: Greece
Posts: 7,735
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Viper View Post
Welcome back, Viper

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline  
Old
06-11-2013, 10:37 AM
  #798
NYR Viper
Registered User
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 32,790
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
Welcome back, Viper
The name change was just for you

You used it the other day and I decided I missed the old name. I know Inferno was pissed when I originally changed.

NYR Viper is online now  
Old
06-11-2013, 11:21 AM
  #799
NYR Viper
Registered User
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 32,790
vCash: 500
Quote:
Chris Nichols: Contract extension talks with the Penguins and Kris Letang should begin this month. He is looking for a 5 to 8 year deal with a full no-movement clause. The Penguins believe he’s for $7-$8 million per year.
That's about right. That team is going to have cap problems very soon.

Quote:
The Fourth Period: The Maple Leafs appear to be trying to re-sign UFAs Tyler Bozak, Colton Orr and Mike Kostka. It’s likely that Clarke MacArthur and Ryan O’Bryne won’t be brought back. Leo Komarov is expected to head back to the KHL. Bozak is reportedly looking for a long-term deal worth $5.5 million a season, so it’s possible that he may not be back. One team source the Leafs won’t go over $4 million a year.
5.5 for Bozak? Ugh

Quote:
Rob Rossi of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review: Contract negotiations between GM Ray Shero and Evgeni Malkin’s agent, J.P. Barry, will start this week. A Malkin deal wouldn’t be able to be official until after July 5th as he has one year left on his deal. Malkin currently makes $8.7 million and his full no-movement clause kicks in for the final year. The maximum that Malkin could sign for is $102.88 million over 8 years. GM Shero told Sidney Crosby when they were working on his extension, that Malkin would likely end up with a higher salary cap number. Talks between Shero and Kris Letang’s camp should begin this month. Letang doesn’t have a no-movement in his deal, so if they can’t agree on a new deal, they could look to move him. The Penguins hope to keep both Malkin and Letang, along with UFA Pascal Dupuis, who could get at least $4 million on the open market. The Penguins hope to keep him at a little less than $4 million and on a 3 year deal.
Dupuis for 4 million? What will Clowe be looking for?


Quote:
Kevin Paul Dupont: Dupont thinks that Tuukka Rask will get a 4 or 5 year contract at about $6.5 million.
This will effect Hank's next deal.

Quote:
Adrian Dater via sulia: Dater thinks the Avalanche could make Jarome Iginla a free agent offer if/when he hits the open market. The Avs could buy out David Jones. Iginla’s offer wouldn’t be crazy, and word is Joe Sakic is intrigued with idea of adding Iginla.
David Jones as a UFA? LWer

Quote:
Bruce Garrioch of the Ottawa Sun: Mario Lemieux and the Penguins ownership aren’t that impressed with how the season ended and Dan Bylsma may be on the hotseat. A league executive thinks that the Penguins may move Chris Kunitz or James Neal with the cap going down, giving them more room to keep Evgeni Malkin. Pascal Dupuis and Matt Cooke are both UFAs. UFA Douglas Murray will walk. The Pens want to keep Kris Letang. The Pens could look to trade Marc-Andre Fleury to the Wild, Avalanche or Panthers, or they could buy him out. They could make a pitch for Ryan Miller.
Kunitz or Neal on the move? Would be dumb to do that and re-sign Dupuis.

Whjy would Colorado want Fleury? They have Varlamov


Quote:
The Oilers will be looking for a big centerman this summer.

“Absolutely, and we’ll be trying to acquire that piece.”
Boyle to Edmonton?


http://www.mynhltraderumors.com/tag/jarome-iginla/

NYR Viper is online now  
Old
06-11-2013, 11:30 AM
  #800
RangerBoy
HOPE & CHANGE
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 36,349
vCash: 500
Dean Lombardi tried to land Iginla a few years before he made the trade for Mike Richards. Darryl Sutter knows Iginla from Calgary. LA looked at Iginla at the deadline. They already have another Sutter favorite in Regher. Iginla will need to take less money if he wants to play in LA.

RangerBoy is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:25 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2017 All Rights Reserved.