Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What lineups would you like next year

Closed Thread

Old
07-06-2013, 08:56 PM
Paul4587

vCash: 500
I say the roster as it stands is probably still an unfinished product but I'll give my opinion anyway.

Silfverberg - Getzlaf - Perry
Palmieri - Bonino - Etem
Winnik - Koivu - Cogs
Beleskey - Holland - Maroon
Staubitz

Fowler - Beauch
Souray - Sbisa
Allen - Vatanen/Lovejoy

Hiller
Fasth

You can also switch Maroon and Etem with Palmieri moving to the 2RW spot if need be.

Old
07-06-2013, 08:58 PM
DaDucks

Kp Getz pears
Silf bonino Etem
Winnik Saku cogs
Maroon rakell Noesen

Old
07-06-2013, 09:08 PM
Theridion

Palm Getz Perry
Silf Bonino Etem
DSP Saku Cogs
Blesky Rakell Selanne

Mia:
Holland?
Winnick?
Staubitz?
Soesan?

Old
07-06-2013, 09:16 PM
Ducks Nation*
#ReleaseTheDucklings

Palms Getzy Perry
Silf Bonino Etem
Winnik Koivu Cogs
Beleskey Holland/Rakell Noeson

Beauchemin Souray
Fowler Allen
Sbisa Lovejoy
Vataten

Hiller
Fasth

Old
07-06-2013, 09:17 PM
rollingdux

KP-Getzy-Perry
Silfver-Bones-Etem
Cogs-Koivu-Winnik
Beleskey-Holland-Maroon
Staubitz

Beauchemin - Souray
Fowler -Lovejoy
Sbisa - Vatanen
Allen

Hiller
Fasth

If Selanne returns he'll be on the 3rd line with Winnik moving down to the 4th. So Maroon/Beleskey will alternate.

IMO Palms and Silfver will battle it out for top line duty. Belsekey and Maroon for 4th line. Bonino, Holland, and Rakell for the remaining center spots.

I don't know about that blueline.... gotta think a move might be made.

Old
07-06-2013, 09:18 PM
DuckTech
In vino veritas

vCash: 400
I am going to go off the reservation here :

Silf-Getz-Perry
Etem-Bonino-Palms
Winnik-Koivu-Cogliano
Maroon-Rakell-Selanne
Beleskey-Staubitz

No clue on D, I hope it changes...

If it stays the same :

Beuach-Souray
Fowler-Lovejoy
Allen-Vatanen
Sbisa

Old
07-06-2013, 09:23 PM
Paul4587

I think Sbisa's ability to bounce back next season will be huge for us. I think his hockey IQ will always hold him back but can still see him becoming a good #3-4 if he learns to keep it simple on a consistent basis.

If he plays like he did just after BB arrived over a whole season then we should be able to use him in a second pairing role. He can also play the right side which is huge.

Old
07-06-2013, 09:27 PM
LVDucks238

What I predict it will be if no other moves are made:

Silf-Getz-Perry
Maroon-Bonino-Palms
Winnik-Koivu-Cogs
Beleskey-Holland-Etem

Souray-Beauch
Fowler-Sbisa
Allen-Vatanen
Lovejoy

Last edited by LVDucks238: 07-06-2013 at 09:42 PM.
Old
07-06-2013, 10:32 PM
Selanne138

Right now

Silfverberg-Getzlaf-Perry
Etem-Bonino-Palmieri
Cogliano-Koivu-Winnik
Beleskey-Someone-Maroon

Beauch-Souray
Fowler-Sbisa
Lovejoy-Allen

Hiller
Fasth

Going in with 2 Top 6 forwards and hoping four prospects make the jump is a good strategy right?

I also think (hope) Sbisa bounces back and could be a solid partner for Fowler. He just needs to chance

Old
07-06-2013, 10:58 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

God that 2nd line is brutal. Way too many young players. Neither Palmieri or Etem could consistently stay in top six last year and now it seems they will be essential to success. Murray better not be content with two proven top six forwards.

Old
07-06-2013, 11:30 PM
Eddie Shack
Bamboo Harvester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
I think Sbisa's ability to bounce back next season will be huge for us. I think his hockey IQ will always hold him back but can still see him becoming a good #3-4 if he learns to keep it simple on a consistent basis.

If he plays like he did just after BB arrived over a whole season then we should be able to use him in a second pairing role. He can also play the right side which is huge.
I'd like to think Sbisa can improve his game. There is no doubt he had a bad year but we have seen him play very well at times. We need the coaches to bring that out in him on a regular basis. He has already proved he can do it, he just needs to be more consistent. He doesn't have to become a top pairing guy (but that would be nice ) His ability to become a solid top 4 would be a huge step for us and save us making any deals for another D.

I can't predict the future but it amazes me that so many here are convinced that at 23 he has peaked and will never get better.

Old
07-06-2013, 11:38 PM
Gibson Les Palms

vCash: 814
That is an incredibly young top 6. I think we'll see a trade at some point (hopefully for a centre)

Old
07-07-2013, 12:03 AM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckstudd269 View Post
God that 2nd line is brutal. Way too many young players. Neither Palmieri or Etem could consistently stay in top six last year and now it seems they will be essential to success. Murray better not be content with two proven top six forwards.
I know many can be against penciling young guys in for spots, but I think a lot of those people forgot about 2007. Exact same thing happened, Getzlaf and Perry couldn't get off the fourth line(whereas Penner and Marchant were the second line), and we entered camp in 2007 with the PPG line as the second. Sometimes you just gotta give the kids a shot and let them grow into the position. I think they showed enough last year to do just that.

Old
07-07-2013, 12:25 AM
Paul4587

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Ryan Getzlaf View Post
I know many can be against penciling young guys in for spots, but I think a lot of those people forgot about 2007. Exact same thing happened, Getzlaf and Perry couldn't get off the fourth line(whereas Penner and Marchant were the second line), and we entered camp in 2007 with the PPG line as the second. Sometimes you just gotta give the kids a shot and let them grow into the position. I think they showed enough last year to do just that.
Getzlaf and Perry were on another level to any of the guys we have right now. They absolutely tore up the AHL when they were down there and proved themselves as being nearly ready for top 6 time in the 05-06 season as only 20 year olds.

I agree you have to ease the kids in but to have 4 of our top 6 spots taken up by unproven guys is risky. That being said I'm ok with running with that top 6 if Murray can significantly upgrade the defense.

Old
07-07-2013, 12:32 AM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

Quote:
Getzlaf and Perry were on another level to any of the guys we have right now. They absolutely tore up the AHL when they were down there and proved themselves as being nearly ready for top 6 time in the 05-06 season as only 20 year olds.

I agree you have to ease the kids in but to have 4 of our top 6 spots taken up by unproven guys is risky. That being said I'm ok with running with that top 6 if Murray can significantly upgrade the defense.
The thing is, while Getzlaf had a nice year, getting some PP time and whatnot, Perry really didn't do anything special. In his rookie year he scored at a lesser pace to Palmieri this year(I'm counting this as Palmieri's rookie year, and it more or less should be) and did little in the playoffs. Yeah, they dominated the AHL, but the bigs was another story. I agree that you can't go off the deep end with it, I'm not comfortable penciling in Holland, who hasn't done much in limited viewings, as second line center. But for Palmieri and Etem, they had decent first years, a very nice playoff round, and IMO showed they deserve the spot.

Old
07-07-2013, 01:03 AM
duxfan8

How about something a little different (I still think we'll add a top 6 forward though):
Etem-Getz-Perry
Winnick-Bonino-Silf
Palmieri-Koivu-Cogliano
Beleskey-Rakell/FA/Wagner?-DSP

At least that would balance out the experience, and add offense to the third line. Koivu produced well, so why not put Palmieri there and try him like a young Cal Clutterbuck? Score goals, play well defensively. That could be a good niche for him.

Old
07-07-2013, 01:04 AM
Paul4587

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Ryan Getzlaf View Post
The thing is, while Getzlaf had a nice year, getting some PP time and whatnot, Perry really didn't do anything special. In his rookie year he scored at a lesser pace to Palmieri this year(I'm counting this as Palmieri's rookie year, and it more or less should be) and did little in the playoffs. Yeah, they dominated the AHL, but the bigs was another story. I agree that you can't go off the deep end with it, I'm not comfortable penciling in Holland, who hasn't done much in limited viewings, as second line center. But for Palmieri and Etem, they had decent first years, a very nice playoff round, and IMO showed they deserve the spot.
Agree on Palmieri. Etem is more of a question mark - he had a great playoff round but at the end of the day he scored 6 goals in 43 games last season. I think he looked much better when he was on the right side - he seemed more at ease attacking from his off wing as opposed to trying to make plays from the LW so maybe a full year on the right will help his goal totals. BB was quoted saying he prefers Etem on the right side so it was something I took notice of down the stretch and he does look much better playing the off wing from an offensive standpoint.

Old
07-07-2013, 01:10 AM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaDucks View Post
Kp Getz pears
Silf bonino Etem
Winnik Saku cogs
Maroon rakell Noesen
Would LOVE that 2nd line. Silf with Etem is downright nasty

Old
07-07-2013, 01:10 AM
heusy_79
9 - 20 - 8

Holland - Getzlaf - Perry
Silfverberg - Koivu - Etem
Cogliano - Bonino - Palmieri
Beleskey - Rakell- Winnik
Maroon

Beauchemin - Souray
Fowler - Sbisa
Allen - Vatanen
Lovejoy

Hiller
Fasth

Need a 2nd line center to bump Koivu/Bonino down a line and Rakell down to the AHL to gain pro experience. However, if we're going with what we have, I think Koivu has to be in the top six or else the second line will have hardly any experience.

Old
07-07-2013, 01:13 AM
duxfan8

Quote:
Originally Posted by heusy_79 View Post
Maroon

Beauchemin - Souray
Fowler - Sbisa
Allen - Vatanen
Lovejoy

Hiller
Fasth
If we go in that direction, I like it. We could still add someone on a one year deal to be insurance for Etem or Holland. I like the idea of that third line though. You could also add DSP as a fill in on the 4th line.

Old
07-07-2013, 01:18 AM
Ducks Nation*
#ReleaseTheDucklings

Quote:
Originally Posted by heusy_79 View Post
Maroon

Beauchemin - Souray
Fowler - Sbisa
Allen - Vatanen
Lovejoy

Hiller
Fasth

Need a 2nd line center to bump Koivu/Bonino down a line and Rakell down to the AHL to gain pro experience. However, if we're going with what we have, I think Koivu has to be in the top six or else the second line will have hardly any experience.
Switch Holland and Palms and I think that's okay.

Old
07-07-2013, 01:22 AM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

Quote:
Agree on Palmieri. Etem is more of a question mark - he had a great playoff round but at the end of the day he scored 6 goals in 43 games last season. I think he looked much better when he was on the right side - he seemed more at ease attacking from his off wing as opposed to trying to make plays from the LW so maybe a full year on the right will help his goal totals. BB was quoted saying he prefers Etem on the right side so it was something I took notice of down the stretch and he does look much better playing the off wing from an offensive standpoint.
I definitely agree about Etem. On the other hand, the thing with him is, even if he's not ready for a top six role as a legitimate scoring threat, he could probably still be effective on such a unit just because of his speed and forechecking abilities(not unlike a guy like Beleskey, who's slid into the top six from time to time). IMO that'd be fine, as he could learn on the fly, and the line would still be in OK shape. But this is coming from a guy who's always liked having a line with two main threats and a third guy to just compliment them.

And yeah, I'd say Etem needs to be on the right side. I know it's Palmieri's natural wing, but I liked him on the left side last year, so that's probably the way to go about it.

Old
07-07-2013, 01:23 AM
Ducks Nation*
#ReleaseTheDucklings

Seriously we have too much depth, if someone doesn't perform/skate hard they will be moved down or out of the rotation so fast.

Old
07-07-2013, 01:35 AM
ShadowDuck
Captain Anaheim

Silfverberg-Getzlaf-Perry
Palmieri-FA-Etem
Winnik-Koivu-Cogliano
Maroon-Bonino-Beleskey
Holland/Rakell/Selanne

We've been linked to Bozak, Vinny L, Grabo, and Roy, I don't think we've ever been linked to that many players by reporters during Free Agency under Bob Murray's reign. The fact that they're all 2nd line centers on this team is telling. Murray has been looking, he traded Bobby which freed up enough space to make another move, I think we'll sign someone.

We will not sign someone to anything more than a two year deal, which may make us losers on Grabo(maybe he's looking for a short term deal though?). I'm not sure who else is out there but Grabo would be perfect for this team on a 1-2 year deal for roughly 4 million.

Old
07-07-2013, 04:15 PM
Adam Banks

Quote:

To be fair to some of the younger guys, IIRC Palmieri pretty well tore up the AHL in all of his recent stints there and he and Etem both showed flashes of great things to come in their recent time with the big club. That having been said, I agree that it's not the greatest thing to have so many unproven players in the top 6. I think that another reason for the confidence shown in Penner/Getz/Perry in 06 was the fact that our defense was much stronger than it is now and the coaching staff probably felt a bit more comfortable throwing kids out there knowing that they had such a strong defense and goalkeeping tandem behind them.

As for next years lineup, I'd go with something like this:

Palmieri-Getz-Perry
Silfverberg-Bonino-Cogliano
Etem-Koivu-Winnik
Beleskey-Holland/Rakell-Maroon
DSP

Beauch-Souray
Fowler-Sbisa
Allen/Lovejoy-Vatanen
Allen/Lovejoy/Vatanen (basically whoever is out that night)

Hiller
Fasth

Cogliano/Etem/Beleskey I figure could all move up or down the lineup as needed. That certainly isn't the strongest team in the West, and that defense probably won't win us anything, but I think that it's somewhat competitive. If Selanne decides on another year I imagine that he will need to take 20-25 games off, but when he's in I might use him in Coglianos spot, bump Etem to the 4th line and sit Maroon or Beleskey.

Closed Thread