HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Chi-Phi trade involving Esche

Closed Thread

Old
05-31-2005, 11:08 AM
GaryU

vCash: 500
WOW! What a p!$$!^% contest!!!! What was the original subject??????

Old
05-31-2005, 12:07 PM
mercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryU
WOW! What a p!$$!^% contest!!!! What was the original subject??????
It's partly my fault, since I tried to figure out a deal with Chicago involving Handzus for a LW and/or defenseman. Then all hell broke loose, and some old grudges seemed to have spilled out. Sorry, trade rumors and free agent talk denizens!

P.S. My original deal was Handzus, Radivojevic, and Seidenberg for Calder and Babchuk, but Babchuk got suspended and subsequently sued for throwing a water bottle into the stands and hitting a kid. I doubt he is coming here now. I'd still love to have Kyle Calder as our 2nd line LW, though. gardebut pointed out (probably rightly) that Zeus would be more attractive to a team on the cusp of making the playoffs than to the Chicagos and Pittsburghs of the world. Looks like it Edmonton for Zeus once again. . .

Last edited by mercury: 05-31-2005 at 12:15 PM.
Old
05-31-2005, 01:21 PM
Darth Milbury

Mecury - the "pissiness" of this thread has nothing to do with you. As always, you are polite and informed. I won't comment on the other posters here, but let's just say that we see the same boring and tired themes over and over again (i.e., "Conspiracy against all Leaf fans," "All Flyers are great", etc).

If nothing else, some of your posts have helped to convince me that Esche is an underrated guy on this forum. I agree with you that he is on his way to top 10 status.

Old
05-31-2005, 01:32 PM
mercury

Thank you, Darth. I do tease a little every once in a while (as Rangers and Leafs fans have noticed), but this is crazy. And Robert Esche is the man. The only thing that scares me about him is that he seems super-intense about his game, and I hope that doesn't lead to him getting down on himself when he faces adversity. That and the occasional bad rebound. Compared to some of the basket cases and flat-out stiffs we've had in net for us the last ten years or so, Esche looks like an All-Star.

Old
05-31-2005, 10:25 PM
GaryU

As a Blackhawk fan, I gotta think anybody Calder's age or younger is likely unavailable. If they could get something for Daze, or perhaps trade T-bo, I think that's more the direction they'd go. I'd like Esche, but I'd really like to see what Leighton/Anderson/Crawford look like now.

Old
06-01-2005, 12:46 PM
salzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleduc
...Cechmanek in the playoffs who you touted as a good pressure goalie
Quote:
Originally Posted by salzy
However:
"Roman Cechmanek is a good pressure goalie" - nope, I never said it.
Quote:
And I never quoted you saying that.

Cleduc: "you touted Cechmanek as a good pressure goalie"
Salzy: "no I didn't"
Cleduc: "I never said you did!"

Old
06-01-2005, 12:51 PM
mercury

Can we get back on topic (even though Esche is going nowhere)? Take it to PM, please.

Old
06-01-2005, 12:52 PM
salzy

Quote:
None here that I am aware of or can recall and I've posted here for many, many years.
Uh huh. None that I recall. Nice answer, Colonel North.

Quote:
After votes by posters that I received for poster of the year
LMAO!!! PRICELESS! Can anyone honestly say Leaf fans are not adorable?

Quote:
[b]Iím quite confident that the quality of my posts on that site didnít present a big problem for them in terms of editing or deleting them. Can you say the same ?
lol! Of course they didn't have a problem with you - you have the kneepads on for the Leafs and Juicer and I don't. That a problem over there and obviously has played a large role in driving traffic away from the site. I think hockey fans prefer a forum where the moderation is reasonably fair and balanced and people aren't censored and threatened based on the team they cheer for (or don't cheer for, as it were).

Old
06-01-2005, 12:53 PM
Volcanologist
Habitual User

Quote:
lol! Of course they didn't have a problem with you - you have the kneepads on for the Leafs and Juicer and I don't. That a problem over there and obviously has played a large role in driving traffic away from the site. I think hockey fans prefer a forum where the moderation is reasonably fair and balanced and people aren't censored and threatened based on the team they cheer for (or don't cheer for, as it were).
I think they prefer one without trolls over there, actually.

Old
06-01-2005, 12:56 PM
salzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseOAK
The site has been slower because of the lockout
Uh huh. I'm sure all hockey sites have slowed down some, but it doesn't look like these boards have ground to a halt. Jeez, it seems to me there are more 'former' penaltybox posters here now than there are left over there.

Quote:
the Leafs and everything that has to with them, suck.
Your words, not mine.

Old
06-01-2005, 12:57 PM
salzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepNCheese
I think they prefer one without trolls over there, actually.
I guess that explains why you're frequenting these boards now.

Old
06-01-2005, 12:59 PM
salzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury
Can we get back on topic (even though Esche is going nowhere)? Take it to PM, please.
Very sorry Merc, that guy always seems to bring out the worst in Juicer and myself. At any rate, if we MUST trade Esche, how about for Mark Bell?

Old
06-01-2005, 01:09 PM
cleduc

Quote:

Cleduc: "you touted Cechmanek as a good pressure goalie"
Salzy: "no I didn't"
Cleduc: "I never said you did!"
Salzy : "reading and remembering or acknowledging what was posted in threads has always been a problem for me ..." :

Quote:
April '03
"As for falling apart under pressure, nope. I already covered that in a post a couple days ago. You cannot get in this guy's head."

"i think he's put that "Chokemanic" thing to bed, don't you? It didn't make any sense to begin with and it makes even less now. "

Old
06-01-2005, 01:14 PM
mooseOAK*

Quote:
Your words, not mine.
So, when's your last day of school?

Old
06-01-2005, 01:18 PM
cleduc

Quote:
Uh huh. None that I recall. Nice answer, Colonel North.

LMAO!!! PRICELESS! Can anyone honestly say Leaf fans are not adorable?

The reason for your departure and Juicer's is threads like this. Since your departure, they don't happen anymore. And the site you departed has done better than most during the lockout in number of posts, threads, hits and new members so that disappearance of locking threads is not because of a lack of activity. But I note that we have seen threads locked up at HF without my involvement but with you in the middle of it.

Old
06-01-2005, 01:18 PM
salzy

Quote:
Salzy : "reading and remembering or acknowledging what was posted in threads has always been a problem for me ..." :
I'd come up with a clever reply, but you'll just deny claiming I said that 5 minutes from now.

Old
06-01-2005, 01:20 PM
salzy

Quote:
So, when's your last day of school?
When cw graduates, I will be finished the arduous task of educating him.

Old
06-01-2005, 01:21 PM
salzy

Quote:
The reason for your departure and Juicer's is threads like this. Since your departure, they don't happen anymore. And the site you departed has done better than most during the lockout in number of posts, threads, hits and new members so that disappearance of locking threads is not because of a lack of activity. But I note that we have seen threads locked up at HF without my involvement but with you in the middle of it.
Rest assured, you're well on your way to getting this one closed.

Old
06-01-2005, 01:26 PM
mercury

When I said "back on topic" and "Take it to PM" I didn't mean turn the pissing contest into a pissing six-man-tag match. I was never at this other board you guys are talking about, and I don't care.

And I'd love to have Mark Bell, but not at the cost of our starting goaltender. I know Nitty looks great, but we've got to stop the revolving door at net sometime. Why not now with a nice American boy who, despite some problematic music tastes, has proven that he is a legit starter who will not implode at the most inopportune of times?

Old
06-01-2005, 01:30 PM
ACC1224
Burke was right.

Quote:
When I said "back on topic" and "Take it to PM" I didn't mean turn the pissing contest into a pissing six-man-tag match. I was never at this other board you guys are talking about, and I don't care.

And I'd love to have Mark Bell, but not at the cost of our starting goaltender. I know Nitty looks great, but we've got to stop the revolving door at net sometime. Why not now with a nice American boy who, despite some problematic music tastes, has proven that he is a legit starter who will not implode at the most inopportune of times?
you wouldn't want to go to that board, one of the more idiotic ones out there....like the lounge here only every forum is like that.

Keep Esche, he's the real thing.

Old
06-01-2005, 01:39 PM
salzy

Quote:
I agree with you, I want to stick with Esche, which is why I said IF WE MUST trade him. Hopefully, we mustn't.

Old
06-01-2005, 01:40 PM
salzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACC1224
you wouldn't want to go to that board, one of the more idiotic ones out there....like the lounge here only every forum is like that.

Old
06-01-2005, 02:54 PM
Gee Wally
Retired

vCash: 50
Awards:
closed...I'll leave it to the Mods to clean up.

BOSTON STRONG !!!
Closed Thread