HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

(xbox league)

Closed Thread

Old
06-11-2013, 05:07 PM
skacore

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garden Mystique View Post
I can only play till 630 got a game real game at 7
You on after?

Old
06-11-2013, 05:08 PM
Darcy Tucker

Quote:
Oh stop.... I was on the penalty kill gg
I did this against minny only I was on the PP with a minute left and i cycled in his own zone till time ran out and he still barraged me with messages saying im classless lol

if you cant retrieve the puck in a minute of offensive cycling u deserve to lose 2-1 to me

I think time wasting is fine but ya it makes me mad too when opponents do it to me but hey you need to learn how to forecheck sometime haha

Old
06-11-2013, 05:10 PM
Garden Mystique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy Tucker View Post
I did this against minny only I was on the PP with a minute left and i cycled in his own zone till time ran out and he still barraged me with messages saying im classless lol

if you cant retrieve the puck in a minute of offensive cycling u deserve to lose 2-1 to me

I think time wasting is fine but ya it makes me mad too when opponents do it to me but hey you need to learn how to forecheck sometime haha
Yea it is annoying I wouldn't have done it at all if it was even strength but down a man and only up one goal it's smart hockey

Happens all the time in real NHL

Old
06-11-2013, 05:11 PM
Garden Mystique

Quote:
Originally Posted by skacore View Post
You on after?
Ill be on later on tonight like 1030 maybe a little earlier

Old
06-11-2013, 05:14 PM
Muston Atthews
Bunch of Bangerz

Quote:

if he was time wasting in my zone i would have no problem, thats playing the game. pass it all you want in my zone but he just kept coming into my zone and then backtracking out back to his zone and repeat so i just put down my controller until my computer stripped him. especially when youre on the pk you can ice it and **** don't just play "catch me if you can" its annoying but if thats how you want to win then ill let you win that way because... congrats you can play keep away. thats why i respect and even more now because they were up in the third and still kept going for more goals which in turn created opportunities at both ends of the ice. but whatever like i said, if thats what it takes to win

edit: just letting you know there is (or was) people that would leave the game if you did stuff like that to them, just saying. but maybe i should use that strategy against everyone now

Old
06-11-2013, 05:21 PM
Garden Mystique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop The Mits View Post
if he was time wasting in my zone i would have no problem, thats playing the game. pass it all you want in my zone but he just kept coming into my zone and then backtracking out back to his zone and repeat so i just put down my controller until my computer stripped him. especially when youre on the pk you can ice it and **** don't just play "catch me if you can" its annoying but if thats how you want to win then ill let you win that way because... congrats you can play keep away. thats why i respect and even more now because they were up in the third and still kept going for more goals which in turn created opportunities at both ends of the ice. but whatever like i said, if thats what it takes to win

edit: just letting you know there is (or was) people that would leave the game if you did stuff like that to them, just saying. but maybe i should use that strategy against everyone now
So you want me with a man down up by one goal to go full on attack in your zone?

No one would quit for me getting pinned by boards and instead of turning it over skating back in my zone passing it to my defender then dumping it into your zone.... Get over yourself

Watch hockey that play happens all the time

Old
06-11-2013, 05:26 PM
skacore

Quote:

Personally I think going back into your end for more than a couple seconds is pretty lame, yeah it happens sometimes in real hockey but I mean if someone really wanted to it's very possible to kill off a 2 minute penalty holding the puck with 1 player the whole time... but cycling in the offensive zone is fair game in my books. Funny you mention our beloved Minny, in our playoffs series I was up by 1 in a game and killed the final 10 seconds in HIS end by cycling/board play and he had something to say about that too

Quote:
Ill be on later on tonight like 1030 maybe a little earlier
I'll be on then... if not just post and I'll go on

Old
06-11-2013, 05:27 PM
skacore

Anyone play lately? If anyone is still having problems finding him let me know... I PMed him, no reply

Old
06-11-2013, 05:28 PM
Darcy Tucker

Quote:

psst, i am

and ive seen that strat backfire many times. poke check forehand backhand a bit more and they might not dance around in their zone at the end which i agree is lame. but its legit, u cant ban that type of play.

Old
06-11-2013, 05:31 PM
Muston Atthews
Bunch of Bangerz

Quote:
So you want me with a man down up by one goal to go full on attack in your zone?

No one would quit for me getting pinned by boards and instead of turning it over skating back in my zone passing it to my defender then dumping it into your zone.... Get over yourself

Watch hockey that play happens all the time
I never said go full on attack. cycle the puck shoot some pucks play some defense, youre pretty capable with your poke check so i dont know what the problem is. you never dumped it into my zone you would come over the line maybe make it to the circles and then pass it back out to centre ice and skate it just over your line and wheel it back again. ya it happens all the time in hockey but going for the "behind the net pass out front" everytime isnt. we're not playing "real hockey" here. im just playing to have fun and its not fun playing like that at all.

Old
06-11-2013, 05:32 PM
Darcy Tucker

Quote:
Personally I think going back into your end for more than a couple seconds is pretty lame, yeah it happens sometimes in real hockey but I mean if someone really wanted to it's very possible to kill off a 2 minute penalty holding the puck with 1 player the whole time... but cycling in the offensive zone is fair game in my books. Funny you mention our beloved Minny, in our playoffs series I was up by 1 in a game and killed the final 10 seconds in HIS end by cycling/board play and he had something to say about that too
kids these days

Old
06-11-2013, 05:36 PM
Garden Mystique

Quote:
I never said go full on attack. cycle the puck shoot some pucks play some defense, youre pretty capable with your poke check so i dont know what the problem is. you never dumped it into my zone you would come over the line maybe make it to the circles and then pass it back out to centre ice and skate it just over your line and wheel it back again. ya it happens all the time in hockey but going for the "behind the net pass out front" everytime isnt. we're not playing "real hockey" here. im just playing to have fun and its not fun playing like that at all.
Well I apologize I didn't know that kind of penalty killing is frowned upon.. But I did dump it down I took the penalty with 40 seconds left and you had a couple good chaces..

I wasn't trying to make the game boring I was trying to kill the penalty giving up the fewest amount of chances for you to tie it... Ill just dump it next time

Doesn't help that the previous gm of this team traded Crosby for a bag of pucks this team sucks

Old
06-11-2013, 05:39 PM
Darcy Tucker

see thats the point tho, where is the line crossed? do i always have to deke wildly into your zone when im up late in the game? if i circle behind my own net late and wait for a proper break out is that time wasting? and if we do make set guidelines, a shot clock if you will for your own zone... how could we ever enforce it? theres no video replays and its just word vs word and would lead to endless arguments...

pretty much if youre going to be a ****** and do things like that you will be noted and you will be called out on it... then you cant say much if it happens to you.

Old
06-11-2013, 05:49 PM
Leafs For Life*

10 seconds And I guess skating around is allowed now. If you've played drop in with me I'm pretty good with keep away..

Old
06-11-2013, 06:18 PM
DogsFan*

You guys should learn to play hockey.. Didn't your mother ever teach you to share?

Old
06-11-2013, 06:43 PM
Muston Atthews
Bunch of Bangerz

Quote:
see thats the point tho, where is the line crossed? do i always have to deke wildly into your zone when im up late in the game? if i circle behind my own net late and wait for a proper break out is that time wasting? and if we do make set guidelines, a shot clock if you will for your own zone... how could we ever enforce it? theres no video replays and its just word vs word and would lead to endless arguments...

pretty much if youre going to be a ****** and do things like that you will be noted and you will be called out on it... then you cant say much if it happens to you.
I'm not saying making a rule for it by any means I'm just saying have some respect for the person you're playing against lol. I've probably brought a couple games into overtime (when I'm up late in the third) because I'm constantly attacking, I don't like sitting on a lead, I'm always pressing but I guess that's my fault haha. Now ill just have a late game strategy. It's kinda like stopping your player on a really slow icing call when you could easily get it. That I don't mind as much but still, it's just wasting time. It's funny, ill let people get icings if there's like 5 seconds left in the period and people will still try to take advantage of that and try and score on me even though it would've been in there zone if I had to chose to ice it but I'm just trying to speed things up lol.

I'm only a little pissed cause in season one I was called out for time wasting and the person left because I was up by one and sat behind my net cause the person wouldn't come behind the net to pressure me out

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogsFan View Post
You guys should learn to play hockey.. Didn't your mother ever teach you to share?
Not sure who you're talking about.

Old
06-11-2013, 07:27 PM
camwise

are online and have a ton of games...

Lets Play!!

Last edited by camwise: 06-11-2013 at 09:13 PM.
Old
06-11-2013, 09:13 PM
will13

are online

Old
06-11-2013, 09:14 PM
will13

Quote:
Originally Posted by camwise View Post
are online and have a ton of games...

Lets Play!!
You on right now?

Old
06-11-2013, 09:27 PM
DogsFan*

are on.. Winnipeg lets play, I can play Fla as well.

Old
06-11-2013, 09:27 PM
Garden Mystique

Quote:
You on after?
can play you on?

Old
06-11-2013, 09:31 PM
korndog81

Need Oilers and Isles (anyone see or hear from him yet?)

Also playing keep away with under a min left is so cheese (Unless it's in the attack zone).
I would never do it, and never played anyone in this league that has done it. It's pretty much an unwritten rule (common sense).

Old
06-11-2013, 09:38 PM
camwise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebombers View Post
You on right now?
was in a game.. sent invite

Old
06-11-2013, 10:19 PM
Garden Mystique