HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

I'm getting tired of no news. Predict when the Jets have their first RFA/UFA signing

View Poll Results: When do the Jets sign their first RFA/UFA this off-season?
This week 2 5.41%
After the Playoffs are done 18 48.65%
After the draft 10 27.03%
After Free Agent Frenzy opens 7 18.92%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-08-2013, 03:14 PM
  #1
DespoticNewt
Registered User
 
DespoticNewt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,340
vCash: 50
I'm getting tired of no news. Predict when the Jets have their first RFA/UFA signing

Summer sucks when your team isn't involved.

Edit: And yes, Austen Brassard technically counts, but I'm not counting him because of ELC restrictions.

DespoticNewt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2013, 04:04 PM
  #2
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!
 
King Woodballs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Your Mind
Posts: 34,119
vCash: 375
You are being impatient
Everything will happen in due time

And bogo will sign in a week or two I guess. Since they have started negotiating

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2013, 04:41 PM
  #3
DespoticNewt
Registered User
 
DespoticNewt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,340
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManOnASilverMountain View Post
You are being impatient
Everything will happen in due time

And bogo will sign in a week or two I guess. Since they have started negotiating
Oh? Has there been info released? I hope it proves favourably for the club.

DespoticNewt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2013, 05:47 PM
  #4
KingBogo
Admitted Homer
 
KingBogo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 7,398
vCash: 777
My prediction is Bogo after the playoffs and before the draft.

KingBogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2013, 06:50 PM
  #5
Sweech
Kane & The Dane
 
Sweech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,376
vCash: 5239
I think all the major ones: Wheeler, Bogo, Little, etc. all get done post draft.

Sweech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2013, 07:10 PM
  #6
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!
 
King Woodballs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Your Mind
Posts: 34,119
vCash: 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by DespoticNewt View Post
Oh? Has there been info released? I hope it proves favourably for the club.
Lawless and Weibe both said the other day that negotiations just started and are very preliminary

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2013, 08:04 PM
  #7
Jets
All hat, no cattle.
 
Jets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,614
vCash: 500
I predict Tony Peluso after the playoffs before the draft. 2 more seasons at 600k per.

Jets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2013, 11:21 PM
  #8
rguy56
Registered User
 
rguy56's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 563
vCash: 50
Organizations will often defer until the end of their relative sport's finals before making any news that detracts from their showcase. I personally believe that it's an appropriate show of respect.

Big splashes, like what the Oilers are doing this week, are really a sign of weakness. You can defend them by saying it gives their organization more time to work their changes, but I'm not buying it. Everything being done in public can be better accomplished in private, and the drama just degrades an organization.

In a heartfelt sense, I'm really with you, though. I want into the back room. I want to know what's going on everywhere in hockey, and the Cup run just makes that desire more acute. I want in on the negotiations, the signings, the draft, the rankings, the ufa's the rfa's, the disgruntled, and so on.

Thank God the Jets are back and they've given us the gift of truly caring about the NHL again.

In the meantime, a "class" organization does not drag everything out in public, and I appreciate that. It leaves me salivating for anything real, though. Properly, the meaningful stuff waits until the Bruins and Blackhawks have their very deserved time in the sun.

rguy56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2013, 07:07 AM
  #9
DespoticNewt
Registered User
 
DespoticNewt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,340
vCash: 50
To be fair, a few teams were interviewing Eakins for the job.

DespoticNewt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2013, 02:41 PM
  #10
Channelcat
Registered User
 
Channelcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,510
vCash: 1417
Quote:
Originally Posted by rguy56 View Post
Organizations will often defer until the end of their relative sport's finals before making any news that detracts from their showcase. I personally believe that it's an appropriate show of respect.

Big splashes, like what the Oilers are doing this week, are really a sign of weakness. You can defend them by saying it gives their organization more time to work their changes, but I'm not buying it. Everything being done in public can be better accomplished in private, and the drama just degrades an organization.

In a heartfelt sense, I'm really with you, though. I want into the back room. I want to know what's going on everywhere in hockey, and the Cup run just makes that desire more acute. I want in on the negotiations, the signings, the draft, the rankings, the ufa's the rfa's, the disgruntled, and so on.

Thank God the Jets are back and they've given us the gift of truly caring about the NHL again.

In the meantime, a "class" organization does not drag everything out in public, and I appreciate that. It leaves me salivating for anything real, though. Properly, the meaningful stuff waits until the Bruins and Blackhawks have their very deserved time in the sun.
I would suspect that we'll have one or two of the big names signed before the draft. In any case I am very grateful for the ownership/mngmnt group here. I would literally not be able to follow this team if we had guys like Katz, Lowe, Mact running the show.

Channelcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2013, 03:21 PM
  #11
SCP Guy
Registered User
 
SCP Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The Peg
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,673
vCash: 50
This organization runs a tight ship.....any time you hear any leaks out by the media I bet it was a strategic decision to do so by the team, or an agent . We should get accustomed to hearing news a day or few hours before it is made public, thats the way TNSE works and while it may be a bit frustrating it is the right way to do it!

Go Jets Go!

SCP Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2013, 03:24 PM
  #12
mzappa
Jets fans in space
 
mzappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,216
vCash: 50
@ManOnASilverMountain

Ritchie Blackmore's RAINBOW - amazing. the beginning of power metal

mzappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2013, 03:25 PM
  #13
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!
 
King Woodballs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Your Mind
Posts: 34,119
vCash: 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzappa View Post
@ManOnASilverMountain

Ritchie Blackmore's RAINBOW - amazing. the beginning of power metal
You got that right brother!

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:32 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.