HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Jarome Iginla

Old
06-08-2013, 12:43 AM
flameaholic
#neverquit

vCash: 500
Jarome Iginla

His quest for a Stanley Cup continues. Where does he end up next season? He's already put his Calgary house up for sale, and with the Flames in a clear cut rebuild, a return to Calgary is unlikely. I'm wondering what Pens fans thought of him. Was he worth the price (2 prospects and a 1st) they gave up? Would they like to see him return for another season?

Other possible destinations include: New York, Boston, Detroit, Chicago, and LA.

Prediction: Joins Darryl and Reggie in LA. 2 years - $10 million.

flameaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2013, 12:44 AM
Vankiller Whale
Fire Benning

vCash: 1800
Maybe Vancouver? We were allegedly on his "list", Maybe not now that we got swept, though.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2013, 12:46 AM
flameaholic
#neverquit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Maybe Vancouver? We were allegedly on his "list", Maybe not now that we got swept, though.

Old
06-08-2013, 12:46 AM
FormerBruinsFan

maybe he will take a huge paycut and sign with the Bruins...and then the Bruins will lose to the Pens in the conference finals! haha wouldn't that be something

FormerBruinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2013, 12:48 AM
Petes2424

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameaholic View Post
His quest for a Stanley Cup continues. Where does he end up next season? He's already put his Calgary house up for sale, and with the Flames in a clear cut rebuild, a return to Calgary is unlikely. I'm wondering what Pens fans thought of him. Was he worth the price (2 prospects and a 1st) they gave up? Would they like to see him return for another season?

Other possible destinations include: New York, Boston, Detroit, Chicago, and LA.

Prediction: Joins Darryl and Reggie in LA. 2 years - $10 million.
I'll guess Boston tells him to look elsewhere. Anaheim might be a good landing spot for him. Detroit doesnt have the room, NY is NY, Chicago maybe on the cheap, LA maybe I guess... How about Edmonton??? That'd be great

Petes2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2013, 12:48 AM
Disgruntled Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbeard7737 View Post
maybe he will take a huge paycut and sign with the Bruins...and then the Bruins will lose to the Pens in the conference finals! haha wouldn't that be something
Hossa Part Two

Disgruntled Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2013, 12:57 AM
funky

Honestly I loved what Iggy has done in his career but wouldn't want him in L.A at 5 mil a year. Present is not the past.

funky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2013, 01:00 AM
superhenderson13

as a pens fan, it would have to be 3 million or less and a new coach for us to want iggy back. he cant keep up in dan b's system.

luckily we gave up nothing exciting so I was still a pleasure to have him on the penguins. great human being.

superhenderson13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2013, 01:00 AM
Numbah4

Quote:
I believe with the new alignment next year. The Bruins and Pens could actually meet for the Cup.

Numbah4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2013, 01:01 AM
DBU
Tapu Debe

vCash: 464
Quote:
Originally Posted by superhenderson13 View Post
as a pens fan, it would have to be 3 million or less and a new coach for us to want iggy back. he cant keep up in dan b's system.

luckily we gave up nothing exciting so I was still a pleasure to have him on the penguins. great human being.
A) Would probably be around 5 mil.

B) Looked to me like Bylsma's "system" involved using Iginla incorrectly. So yes, a new coach, but not for the reason you stated.

DBU is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Little Potatoes

vCash: 2563
Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbah4 View Post
I believe with the new alignment next year. The Bruins and Pens could actually meet for the Cup.
No...conferences still exist.

The Pens & Bruins very well could have a re-match next year...and that would be hilarious.

I expect Iginla to re-sign in Pittsburgh...I really don't think I want him back, though. I'd be intrigued to see how he works with a coach that would actually use him properly (note to Bylsma: career right wingers shouldn't be shoe-horned onto the left wing when you have two guys who can play both wings in the top six), but his effort level was just sad.

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick

Last edited by Big McLargehuge: 06-08-2013 at 01:13 AM. Reason: typo
Big McLargehuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

Quote:
Originally Posted by funky View Post
Honestly I loved what Iggy has done in his career but wouldn't want him in L.A at 5 mil a year. Present is not the past.
Smart. Having watched all his games with the Pens, I think someone will regret giving him 5 million or more per/year. I certainly wouldn't want him back with the Pens at that number.

Captain Hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2013, 01:02 AM
roflstomper
I don't row.

Gonna be funny to watch him the last couple years chase a championship jumping from one team to another. Odds are his best chance would be to stay in Pitt but I don't think they'd even want him.

roflstomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2013, 01:06 AM
flameaholic
#neverquit

Quote:
He should have accepted the trade to Boston to begin with. That's the style of game he plays. I'm not sure why he chose Pittsburgh, so he can play with that **** Crosby?

I'd like to see him win a Stanley Cup. He's not the power forward he once was, but he's still capable of scoring 25-30 goals. My guess is Darryl will get in his ear.

Last edited by flameaholic: 06-08-2013 at 01:16 AM.
Old
06-08-2013, 01:07 AM
domaug*

Quote:
Originally Posted by roflstomper View Post
Gonna be funny to watch him the last couple years chase a championship jumping from one team to another. Odds are his best chance would be to stay in Pitt but I don't think they'd even want him.
not for $5M. his lackluster performance (especially in part from being used incorrectly by Bylsma on the off-wing on which he was never comfortable) isn't worth that kind of money. however, he is still one superb human being and deserves his respect. i hope the Pens give him another look (with Bylsma far, far away from this team) but not at that price.

domaug* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2013, 01:13 AM
Dado

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Maybe Vancouver?
NO!

He fits on a mid-tempo team, at best. If he comes to the Canucks he'll be lucky to be playing in the same postal code as the likes of Kesler.

Old
06-08-2013, 01:14 AM
CaptPantalones

re-signs with the Pens

CaptPantalones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2013, 01:17 AM
superhenderson13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBU View Post
A) Would probably be around 5 mil.

B) Looked to me like Bylsma's "system" involved using Iginla incorrectly. So yes, a new coach, but not for the reason you stated.
5 mil wont happen from our end.

he was misused in the sense that he cant go north-south with malkin like bylsma expected him to. should have been with Crosby

superhenderson13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2013, 01:19 AM
StrictlyCommercial

vCash: 766
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dado View Post
NO!

He fits on a mid-tempo team, at best. If he comes to the Canucks he'll be lucky to be playing in the same postal code as the likes of Kesler.
Sedins?

StrictlyCommercial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2013, 01:20 AM
LarmerSavardSecord

Chicago is out unless he wants to take $4m max per on a one- or two-year deal. They just don't have the cap space flexibility to take on anything more.

It's an interesting question: Would Bowman would rather sign Igilna to a short, (I-want-a-cup) value deal and let Bickell go, or keep Bickell with a longer deal at @ ~$3.5 per. Similar guys like Ladd and Buff have "left" to become hugely impactful players, and even Brouwer is doing OK in his larger role in DC.

LarmerSavardSecord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2013, 01:22 AM
swaggerjack

Nothing more than 1 or 2 years at $2 million a year max.

swaggerjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2013, 01:22 AM
Bourne Endeavor

vCash: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dado View Post
NO!

He's better than Raymond, Booth, Higgins and Hansen. Care to guess who were Kesler's linemates at some point last year?

If we could get him under five million, it is definitely something to look into. Hard to say what tempo we are, seeing the whole no coach thing.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2013, 01:25 AM
Trottier
Very Random

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameaholic View Post
Was he worth the price (2 prospects and a 1st) they gave up?
Absolutely.

It was a deal you make...if you intend to win the Cup.

The Pens didn't win the Cup, obviously, and Iginla looked slow as molasses this series in particular.

That does not change the point: if you are the Pens and you have a chance to get a proven veteran for shiny futures (that is, not altering your NHL roster), you go all in.

Trottier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2013, 01:28 AM
Reclamation Project
It's So Easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes2424 View Post
I'll guess Boston tells him to look elsewhere. Anaheim might be a good landing spot for him. Detroit doesnt have the room, NY is NY, Chicago maybe on the cheap, LA maybe I guess... How about Edmonton??? That'd be great
Edmonton? No chance in hell.

Reclamation Project is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2013, 01:29 AM
Jester9881

He'd be a near perfect fit on the right side of John Tavares..... not likely he'd sign here though.

Jester9881 is offline   Reply With Quote