HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Jarome Iginla

Old
06-08-2013, 06:52 AM
BROOKLYnKNIGHTS

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarmerSavardSecord View Post
Chicago is out unless he wants to take $4m max per on a one- or two-year deal. They just don't have the cap space flexibility to take on anything more.

It's an interesting question: Would Bowman would rather sign Igilna to a short, (I-want-a-cup) value deal and let Bickell go, or keep Bickell with a longer deal at @ ~$3.5 per. Similar guys like Ladd and Buff have "left" to become hugely impactful players, and even Brouwer is doing OK in his larger role in DC.
I see Bickell getting an offer of $4 mill per.
Iginla gets 5 on the open market maybe a tad less

BROOKLYnKNIGHTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2013, 06:54 AM
JayQueensNY88*

Quote:
Originally Posted by superhenderson13 View Post
as a pens fan, it would have to be 3 million or less and a new coach for us to want iggy back. he cant keep up in dan b's system.

luckily we gave up nothing exciting so I was still a pleasure to have him on the penguins. great human being.
Because of one bad playoff series u fire a coach. If this happens its absolutely ridiculous if your right it's absolutely ridiculous. If you are wrong,you r o diff than 90% of the posters round here,which isn't shocking

JayQueensNY88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2013, 08:55 AM
DPyro

Leafs have cap space...

DPyro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2013, 08:59 AM
Prongo
Beer

I actually wouldn't mind the Flyers trying to get him. If he comes in at an affordable cap hit, he would help the youth of our core grow as well contribute 60 points a year playing on the first/second line with Giroux or Schenn.

I think people are putting too much into the Bruins series. Yes, he didn't play well, but really nobody on the Pens did. He still has some left I believe.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2013, 09:00 AM
domaug*
Flahr Pahr

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayQueensNY88 View Post
Because of one bad playoff series u fire a coach. If this happens its absolutely ridiculous if your right it's absolutely ridiculous. If you are wrong,you r o diff than 90% of the posters round here,which isn't shocking
i don't understand this post. are you saying that it's ridiculous to fire the coach after one bad series? if so, i'll say this: this series was the worst since Minnesota/Anaheim in 2003. also, this wasn't their only bad series under Bylsma, it was their fourth bad series under Bylsma.

domaug* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2013, 09:18 AM
Roof Daddy

I still don't get why everyone rules out a return to Calgary? I think it makes way more sense for both parties. The Flames need some veteran leadership as they enter the rebuild, who better than Iggy? Also, what better way to ensure you get a legit shot with a contender than to get traded on deadline day? In the end, the Flames would have a great mentor in the locker room and gain assets at the trade deadline. For Iginla, he opens up more options by waiting until the trade deadline (many cup contenders this off-season will be cap crunched and Iginla won't be their first priority), and in doing so gains more assets for a team he will likely have a front office job with in 3-5 years (when they might be good again).

Roof Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2013, 09:18 AM
Mr Sakich

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurassicTunga View Post
I can see Iggy going to the Kings.

Flames 2004+ redux. Iginla, Regehr, Sutter.
ding ding ding, we have a winner

This move is so obvious that it would be surprising if it did not happen. The Kings were on Iggy's 3-4 team short list with the bruins and penguins. He wanted to go there but a deal could not be made.

Now that he is ufa and the kings are looking for more offence, this is so predicatble that the thread should have been over after tunga's post.

Mr Sakich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2013, 09:22 AM
Rob Brown
Way She Goes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbah4 View Post
I believe with the new alignment next year. The Bruins and Pens could actually meet for the Cup.
False.

Rob Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2013, 09:53 AM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

vCash: 50
If he gets anything more than $3m then we're overpaying.

Shrimper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2013, 09:58 AM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 354
I love all the people saying he will get 3 million. He had a poor playoffs and got 12 points in 15 games. His points dried up when Byslma decided Iginla wasn't a good fit on the Pens first pp unit (which then fell apart without him nice one Dan) and Iginla then struggled from that point on (I believe he lost confidence in himself). He wasn't great these playoffs but if he is getting 3 million so is Letang for those amazing attempts at "defense". The entire team looked like **** this series but no way Iginla becomes a reclamation project.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2013, 10:09 AM
Karate Johnson
Zemgus is my Copilot

35 year old Jarome Iginla who has been an all everything player for his entire stories career "lost confidence" because he wasn't on a top PP?

That's ridiculous.

Karate Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2013, 10:25 AM
Ricky Bobby

I predict he ends up in Detroit.

They proved this year they're still a contender, have a history of bringing in vets and get the most out of them, have the cap room (especially if they buyout Samuelsson) and a reputation for treating players exceptionally well.

Ricky Bobby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2013, 10:26 AM
Ricky Bobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
I love all the people saying he will get 3 million. He had a poor playoffs and got 12 points in 15 games. His points dried up when Byslma decided Iginla wasn't a good fit on the Pens first pp unit (which then fell apart without him nice one Dan) and Iginla then struggled from that point on (I believe he lost confidence in himself). He wasn't great these playoffs but if he is getting 3 million so is Letang for those amazing attempts at "defense". The entire team looked like **** this series but no way Iginla becomes a reclamation project.
We heard the same sort of talk with Semin last year then he signs a 1 year 7 million deal last off-season with Carolina.

Ricky Bobby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2013, 10:28 AM
SvenBartschi27

Hes basically already bought his house in L.A.

SvenBartschi27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2013, 10:32 AM
Stewie Griffin
Benevolent Overlord

vCash: 1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by SvenBartschi27 View Post
Hes basically already bought his house in L.A.

Do you have a source? Or did you just make that up?

Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2013, 11:17 AM
Stats01

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPyro View Post
Leafs have cap space...
No thanks, rather go after Clarkson.

Stats01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2013, 11:20 AM
Stats01

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
Being paid 3 million dollars is considered being a "reclamation project"?

If he gets 3 million or more that team overpaid. He should sign for 2 million bucks on a 1-2 year deal on a contender and be happy with it. His elite days are long gone, he was invisible against Boston, I get that Bylsma didn't use him properly but he can't keep up anymore. He either stays in Pitt, or goes to LA/Chicago/or any other contender for cheap. It's not about being paid big bucks anymore.

With the cap going down 6 million bucks it's going to be hard for contenders to just throw 3 million or more at a guy who's better days are behind him. I just hope this doesn't become a Jagr situation where he's changing teams every year.

Stats01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2013, 11:31 AM
Number1RedWingsFan52

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameaholic View Post
His quest for a Stanley Cup continues. Where does he end up next season? He's already put his Calgary house up for sale, and with the Flames in a clear cut rebuild, a return to Calgary is unlikely. I'm wondering what Pens fans thought of him. Was he worth the price (2 prospects and a 1st) they gave up? Would they like to see him return for another season?

Other possible destinations include: New York, Boston, Detroit, Chicago, and LA.

Prediction: Joins Darryl and Reggie in LA. 2 years - $10 million.
Let's be honest according to Capgeek LA has about $11.9m to spend on 9 players for the 23 player limit. If Iginla gets $5.0m that leaves about $7.0m for 8 more players not enough money there this is why the Kings did'nt go after Iginla already because they did'nt have the cap space for him.

Number1RedWingsFan52 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2013, 11:32 AM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stats01 View Post

If he gets 3 million or more that team overpaid. He should sign for 2 million bucks on a 1-2 year deal on a contender and be happy with it. His elite days are long gone, he was invisible against Boston, I get that Bylsma didn't use him properly but he can't keep up anymore. He either stays in Pitt, or goes to LA/Chicago/or any other contender for cheap. It's not about being paid big bucks anymore.

With the cap going down 6 million bucks it's going to be hard for contenders to just throw 3 million or more at a guy who's better days are behind him. I just hope this doesn't become a Jagr situation where he's changing teams every year.
This is what I am talking about, overpaid at 3 million

Old
06-08-2013, 11:33 AM
Adirondack Flames

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stats01 View Post

The entire Penguins team was invisible against the Bruins. Perhaps that speaks more about the Penguins and Bruins as teams than Iginla.

Is Iginla what he was? No. But he is still a legitimate top 6 forward and likely still 1st line talent not just some has been that is hanging onto his career by a thread. What apparently no one knew about Iginla is he has never produced on the rush except for when he used his wrist shot from the circle, he has always produced by knowing where to be once there is offensive pressure and he is still more than capable of doing that.

Adirondack Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2013, 11:36 AM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sakich View Post
ding ding ding, we have a winner

This move is so obvious that it would be surprising if it did not happen. The Kings were on Iggy's 3-4 team short list with the bruins and penguins. He wanted to go there but a deal could not be made.

Now that he is ufa and the kings are looking for more offence, this is so predicatble that the thread should have been over after tunga's post.
The kings have alot of people to resign.The only way iggy signs with the kings is if hes willing to play for around 2 million at most 2.5 Therefore i really dont see him on the kings but would be happy to be wrong.

KingCanadain1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2013, 11:36 AM
camwise

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameaholic View Post
His quest for a Stanley Cup continues. Where does he end up next season? He's already put his Calgary house up for sale, and with the Flames in a clear cut rebuild, a return to Calgary is unlikely. I'm wondering what Pens fans thought of him. Was he worth the price (2 prospects and a 1st) they gave up? Would they like to see him return for another season?

Other possible destinations include: New York, Boston, Detroit, Chicago, and LA.

Prediction: Joins Darryl and Reggie in LA. 2 years - $10 million.
his house sold one the first day it was on the market, it was in the paper, thats what they call news in Calgary..

camwise is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2013, 11:54 AM
AlowlyOilersfan
Comrade

vCash: 177
We'll take him for league minimum.

AlowlyOilersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2013, 11:57 AM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by camwise View Post
his house sold one the first day it was on the market, it was in the paper, thats what they call news in Calgary..
Just like Luo's house being for sale was news for Vancouver. Of course its news its a star player leaving the city.

Old
06-08-2013, 12:03 PM
le_sean

He fits LA's style of play and the connection with Sutter helps too. But they already have Brown and Carter on the RW there, so where would he fit?

St. Louis could be a great fit since they need help scoring. But they need to re-sign Pietrangelo, Shattenkirk, Berglund and Stewart. It might not be in their budget to bring in Iggy.

le_sean is online now   Reply With Quote