HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Jarome Iginla

Old
06-08-2013, 12:04 PM
MarleauApologist
fun must be alwalys

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKQ View Post
I could see him signing in SJ if they get rid of Havlat's contract. They need another top-six winger, he's played with Marleau, Thornton and Boyle before, and they should be contenders next season.
Free agents don't sign in San Jose. It'd have to be a 1-year deal for me to even want him as well.

MarleauApologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2013, 12:13 PM
FakeKidPoker*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Daddy View Post
I still don't get why everyone rules out a return to Calgary? I think it makes way more sense for both parties. The Flames need some veteran leadership as they enter the rebuild, who better than Iggy? Also, what better way to ensure you get a legit shot with a contender than to get traded on deadline day? In the end, the Flames would have a great mentor in the locker room and gain assets at the trade deadline. For Iginla, he opens up more options by waiting until the trade deadline (many cup contenders this off-season will be cap crunched and Iginla won't be their first priority), and in doing so gains more assets for a team he will likely have a front office job with in 3-5 years (when they might be good again).
Iginla doesn't really provide any leadership thats the problem though

FakeKidPoker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2013, 12:22 PM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

Pittsburgh or Philadelphia

Mystlyfe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2013, 12:26 PM
Reclamation Project
I Not Much Like LA

vCash: 592
We need native left wingers and we're tight on cap space. Iginla won't be coming to LA.

Reclamation Project is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2013, 12:28 PM
GetThePuckOut

vCash: 1081
Iginla's a streaky player. Just because he didn't look great in one series doesn't mean he's done. There were a lot of playoff series' in Calgary where he didn't look great either. That's just the way he is.

That said, I imagine he'll sign with a contender on a multi-year deal. He has a family; I can't imagine him uprooting them every year just to chase a Stanley Cup.

GetThePuckOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2013, 12:30 PM
AlowlyOilersfan
Comrade

vCash: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBlazer View Post
Iginla's a streaky player. Just because he didn't look great in one series doesn't mean he's done. There were a lot of playoff series' in Calgary where he didn't look great either. That's just the way he is.
Also gotta think Pitt was guilty of "we have so many great players, I'm sure someone else will score"

AlowlyOilersfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2013, 12:33 PM
FakeKidPoker*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBlazer View Post

That said, I imagine he'll sign with a contender on a multi-year deal. He has a family; I can't imagine him uprooting them every year just to chase a Stanley Cup.
That's why i'm confused as to why teams would really want him.. he never has really been a playoff player..

FakeKidPoker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2013, 12:38 PM
flameaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Daddy View Post
I still don't get why everyone rules out a return to Calgary? I think it makes way more sense for both parties. The Flames need some veteran leadership as they enter the rebuild, who better than Iggy? Also, what better way to ensure you get a legit shot with a contender than to get traded on deadline day? In the end, the Flames would have a great mentor in the locker room and gain assets at the trade deadline. For Iginla, he opens up more options by waiting until the trade deadline (many cup contenders this off-season will be cap crunched and Iginla won't be their first priority), and in doing so gains more assets for a team he will likely have a front office job with in 3-5 years (when they might be good again).
He sold his Calgary house the minute he was traded from Calgary. He's not returning to the Flames, as a player or in a front office capacity.

flameaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2013, 12:44 PM
Finlandia WOAT
Do U Like Quebec?

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameaholic View Post
He sold his Calgary house the minute he was traded from Calgary. He's not returning to the Flames, as a player or in a front office capacity.
As a player, I can see it. He wants to win the Cup, so he will spend the next couple of years signing 1 year deals with whatever wunderteam will take him.

As a front office guy? Why not?

Finlandia WOAT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2013, 12:58 PM
KingsFan7824

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number1RedWingsFan52 View Post
Let's be honest according to Capgeek LA has about $11.9m to spend on 9 players for the 23 player limit. If Iginla gets $5.0m that leaves about $7.0m for 8 more players not enough money there this is why the Kings did'nt go after Iginla already because they did'nt have the cap space for him.
Iginla wasn't going anywhere but Pittsburgh at the deadline.

There's no way Iginla is a King for that amount of money. It might be tough for him to get that money from any contender. Just like teams have to make choices in terms of the cap, especially this summer, Iginla will probably have to choose between money or a chance at the Cup. If he can find a team that gives him both, more power to him.

If the Kings were to move Carter to C full time, then there could be room for Iginla on RW. The Kings need a LW, but if there's nobody at that position out there for the Kings, and if Iginla were willing to take less money, perfect can't be the enemy of the good.

It might take a moving part or two for Iginla to end up on the Kings. Voynov is priority #1, and Scuderi would still need to be signed if the Kings want him back. If Carter was moved to C, would they go with Kopitar/Carter/Richards as the top 3 centers, and can you afford a $3+ million dollar 4th line center in Stoll if that's the case?

KingsFan7824 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2013, 01:00 PM
eXile59
Shirts on.

If he is willing to sign around the 2-3 mill a year range he can come back to the Pens as a depth player.

At this point in his career though it might be better to start thinking retirement. He just doesn't have the legs or compete level anymore. If he's not on a top PP unit he's not scoring & most teams at the cup level already have a number 1 unit in place.

eXile59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2013, 01:03 PM
mhstudios

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbeard7737 View Post
maybe he will take a huge paycut and sign with the Bruins...and then the Bruins will lose to the Pens in the conference finals! haha wouldn't that be something
that did happen to hossa when hossa was with pens and then the red wings the next year

mhstudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2013, 01:20 PM
ScottyBowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXile59 View Post
If he is willing to sign around the 2-3 mill a year range he can come back to the Pens as a depth player.

At this point in his career though it might be better to start thinking retirement. He just doesn't have the legs or compete level anymore. If he's not on a top PP unit he's not scoring & most teams at the cup level already have a number 1 unit in place.
Totally agree. I don't think he will have any suitors at $5 mil a year unless its a team that needs to reach the salary cap floor. He is on a steep decline and looks old as hell and it this point in his career is just a 3rd line player. He's too slow to be a top line player on a contending team.

ScottyBowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2013, 01:26 PM
Dr Danglefest
Vindication

I could see 2 years at 4mil wherever he lands

And my guess would be LA, back out west, on a Cup Contender that might benefit from his skill set

Dr Danglefest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2013, 01:31 PM
shinchanyo

he'll sign with the rangers 5 years 7 mil per year lol

shinchanyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2013, 01:45 PM
Domino11

Mtl offer him 4 year at 4million per

Can't get better then that

Domino11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2013, 01:47 PM
Sparksrus3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlowlyOilersfan View Post
Also gotta think Pitt was guilty of "we have so many great players, I'm sure someone else will score"
Like the New York Yankees. On paper virtually an All star at every position.both teams are great
On video games
Also please no to the islanders, jarome you are a hall of fame hockey ,used to be star player, unless
You find the fountain of youth with all respect due, I watched you against us and the others in the
Playoffs,probably saw you more in the last month than in 15 years combined, and in my conclusion
We had Guerin and Weight in recent years and I don't want this team to take any more steps backward. These kids are ready to go ,and I don't think you can keep up anymore.lots of luck
In Tampa (my guess) enjoy the weather.

Sparksrus3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2013, 01:48 PM
PoutineSp00nZ
Beat that $%^& Bryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FakeKidPoker View Post
Iginla doesn't really provide any leadership thats the problem though
How does anyone outside the locker rooms know this?

PoutineSp00nZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2013, 02:04 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by poutineplato View Post
How does anyone outside the locker rooms know this?
FKP is an expert on all things Iginla he loves to bash him.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2013, 02:06 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Canucks could offer him 5-6m on a one year deal provided we let Booth go.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2013, 02:10 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Canucks could offer him 5-6m on a one year deal provided we let Booth go.
I know most Flames fans will hate me for it I think he would be a good fit.

D.Sedin - H.Sedin - Kassian
Burrows - Kesler - Iginla

I also think he would be a huge boost to the pp

D.Sedin - Kesler - H.Sedin
Iginla - Edler

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2013, 02:12 PM
Random Bruins Fan
Certified Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway to Cap Hell View Post
As a player, I can see it. He wants to win the Cup, so he will spend the next couple of years signing 1 year deals with whatever wunderteam will take him.

As a front office guy? Why not?
Well he thought Pittsburgh was better than Boston so maybe assessment isn't his strong suit.

Random Bruins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2013, 02:15 PM
lolwut

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXile59 View Post

He's obviously not an elite player any more, but he's far from washed up. Some of you guys make it out like he is struggling to just crack the lineup.

lolwut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2013, 02:24 PM
Flat Stanley

He chose Pittsburgh for more reasons than just the Stanley Cup everybody. He didn't say "I'm choosing Pittsburgh because they're winning the Stanley Cup this year" he chose Pittsburgh because he wanted to play with an elite center, and the Penguins are a very player friendly organization.

A report during the season said his #1 option is to stay in Pittsburgh, but L.A. would be a fall back option. The only way he isn't a Penguin next year is if Shero doesn't want him and when you hear Shero speak about him, the kind of player and person he is on and off the ice, you can tell that's not the case.

Nothing guaranteed but I think he stays in Pittsburgh.

Flat Stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2013, 02:43 PM
SvenBartschi27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
Do you have a source? Or did you just make that up?
made up, although im making an educated guess

SvenBartschi27 is offline   Reply With Quote