HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What Do You Think That MacT Can Get In Return For Hemsky And Horcoff?

Old
06-16-2013, 09:56 PM
Hemsky4PM

vCash: 500
Hemsky for Columbus' first round pick from LA would be great. Oilers keep 1M in salary.

Horcoff...he only moves if he's flexible and expands beyond 10 teams. I can see Washington having mild interest if they can dump a contract back.

Hemsky4PM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 10:48 PM
Moneypuck

Could be in for a surprise this summer with these two. I see them dragging themselves back to town in the fall again. Way too many bodies available in the coming weeks with buyouts and free agency. With both being so overpaid, they're not high on anyones list i'm sure.

Moneypuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 11:00 PM
Mcnofool6110
Best @ tanking ainec

Hemsky and a conditional 2nd 2015 for Zack Smith, JOB, 3rd rounder

That's the type of trade this team should make.

Mcnofool6110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 12:36 AM
candyman82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky4PM View Post
Hemsky for Columbus' first round pick from LA would be great. Oilers keep 1M in salary.

Horcoff...he only moves if he's flexible and expands beyond 10 teams. I can see Washington having mild interest if they can dump a contract back.
Do not want Hemsky

candyman82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 01:07 AM
Hemsky4PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyman82 View Post
Do not want Hemsky
That's fair. He's a risk for sure.

Thankfully, without a non-trade and with the ability to retain salary, Hemsky will be an easy player to deal. The return will be interesting to see.

Hemsky4PM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 01:53 AM
Oilwings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky4PM View Post

Horcoff for Jeff Schultz.

Oilwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 08:17 AM
Jimmi McJenkins
Sometimes Miracles

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilwings View Post
Horcoff for Jeff Schultz.
Maybe Horcoff and Peckham for Jeff Schultz and Brooks Laich.

Jimmi McJenkins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 01:22 AM
thinlizzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
I don't know why they'd want him to be honest.

They have like 6 centers already. Unless they want to dump Umberger because of the length of his deal.
Traded for James W. I have a magic crystal ball.

thinlizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 10:43 AM
HeavyMcHitter97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
Maybe Horcoff and Peckham for Jeff Schultz and Brooks Laich.
As much as I don't want Jeff Schultz, I take this deal. Laich would be a very good 3rd liner, lots of money but he can chip in with a fair amount of offense. Plus Jeff Schultz would help us collect all the Schultz's!

HeavyMcHitter97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 11:05 AM
Beerfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyHitter99 View Post
As much as I don't want Jeff Schultz, I take this deal. Laich would be a very good 3rd liner, lots of money but he can chip in with a fair amount of offense. Plus Jeff Schultz would help us collect all the Schultz's!
John Banner is on our neg list.

Beerfish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 02:41 PM
HeavyMcHitter97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
John Banner is on our neg list.
Haha well played. Took me a second to remember what show that was

HeavyMcHitter97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 05:10 PM
Seedling
Tier 7 fan (ballcap)

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneypuck View Post
Could be in for a surprise this summer with these two. I see them dragging themselves back to town in the fall again. Way too many bodies available in the coming weeks with buyouts and free agency. With both being so overpaid, they're not high on anyones list i'm sure.
Stop it.

Seedling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 07:21 PM
fuswald
I'd Be Fired

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyHitter99 View Post
There's Ian Schultz who did quite good when playing for the Hitmen. Not especially with his new team. Alberta boy of size as well.

If we were collecting Smiths and Smyths and Smithsons we would have 3 full lines including goal!

fuswald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 08:03 PM
stratedge
I rigged the lotto.

vCash: 785
Quote:
Originally Posted by AM View Post
A bag of pucks. Why would anyone give him any good return when you know they are being traded? They'll just wait him out, unless of course they want to dump a salary.
LOL what? What kind of logic is this? You think GMs don't know from other GMs who is available? How do you think trades happen? "I'll give you what I've written on this piece of paper, for whatever you've got written on that piece of paper and a 2nd round draft pick."?

"They'll just wait him out"... and then what? Wait out what? You know what'll happen if nobody offers a decent return for either player? They'll both return next year, just like they did last year, as have many other players whose teams tried to trade them but couldn't find a suitor. It's also the most likely outcome that at least 1 of them doesn't actually get traded despite the GMs intentions, but at least they'll know that their GM tried.

stratedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 12:52 AM
Oi'll say!
Go Flames

I could see Hemsky having some trade value on a team that's not expected to make the playoffs - he can provide some entertainment for the fans, take some offensive pressure off of some developing players, help the team make the cap floor, and if he gets injured maybe it saves them a bit of money in the end.

I don't think a playoff team is taking his cap hit along with the chances that he won't be healthy at the end of the season. Look for a solid, veteran defense-first player with a high-end salary for a non-scorer if he does get moved is my guess. Kind of like what Todd Marchant was when he left here but more of a 4th line version.

TBH, as a 2nd line rw I think he has a lot more value here than as trade bait. The Oilers are not winning the cup next year, Yak and Eberle have a shload of trade value and neither one is a 2nd line rw. Moving one of those two would take some serious stones tho, it's easily the kind of thing that can end a gm's career in a hurry.

Oi'll say! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 01:05 AM
Oilwings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oi'll say! View Post
I could see Hemsky having some trade value on a team that's not expected to make the playoffs - he can provide some entertainment for the fans, take some offensive pressure off of some developing players, help the team make the cap floor, and if he gets injured maybe it saves them a bit of money in the end.

I don't think a playoff team is taking his cap hit along with the chances that he won't be healthy at the end of the season. Look for a solid, veteran defense-first player with a high-end salary for a non-scorer if he does get moved is my guess. Kind of like what Todd Marchant was when he left here but more of a 4th line version.

TBH, as a 2nd line rw I think he has a lot more value here than as trade bait. The Oilers are not winning the cup next year, Yak and Eberle have a shload of trade value and neither one is a 2nd line rw. Moving one of those two would take some serious stones tho, it's easily the kind of thing that can end a gm's career in a hurry.

WTF? You're saying every team should only have 1 elite RW? I so disagree.

Old
06-19-2013, 01:41 AM
The Perfect Human*
Bow Down to Lidas

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilwings View Post
WTF? You're saying every team should only have 1 elite RW? I so disagree.
I'd rather have a #1C, #2C, #1RW, and #1LW in place than #1C, #1RWx2, #1LW.

Good teams win with balance and getting the most out of people playing in their proper roles.

That's the Boston model (Lucic-Krejci-Horton, Bergeron) against the ANA model (Getzlaf, Perry+Selanne, Ryan).

A #2C is arguably more valuable than a #1W in my mind to a team's success. A good #1C is the most paramount forward, of course.

eg) to me Richards was more valuable than Williams/Brown for LAK. Bergeron more important than Lucic/Horton. Malkin more important than Kunitz/Guerin, Datsyuk more valuable then Franzen/Hudler. Getzlaf more important than Kunitz/Selanne. Brindamour more important than Stillman-Whitney.

The Perfect Human* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 03:46 AM
thinlizzy

Greiger on the radio talking with Calgary radio station said that no owner is going to give any prospect, pick etc and they are waiting until either Hemsky or Horcoff is bought out Mac T should have kept his cards hidden.

Old
06-19-2013, 04:21 AM
Bryanbryoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinlizzy View Post
Greiger on the radio talking with Calgary radio station said that no owner is going to give any prospect, pick etc and they are waiting until either Hemsky or Horcoff is bought out Mac T should have kept his cards hidden.
Why would we buy out Hemsky? That would be stupid IMO so they can keep on waiting.

06-19-2013, 04:27 AM
Oilwings

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Perfect Human View Post
I'd rather have a #1C, #2C, #1RW, and #1LW in place than #1C, #1RWx2, #1LW.

Good teams win with balance and getting the most out of people playing in their proper roles.

That's the Boston model (Lucic-Krejci-Horton, Bergeron) against the ANA model (Getzlaf, Perry+Selanne, Ryan).

A #2C is arguably more valuable than a #1W in my mind to a team's success. A good #1C is the most paramount forward, of course.

eg) to me Richards was more valuable than Williams/Brown for LAK. Bergeron more important than Lucic/Horton. Malkin more important than Kunitz/Guerin, Datsyuk more valuable then Franzen/Hudler. Getzlaf more important than Kunitz/Selanne. Brindamour more important than Stillman-Whitney.
What I want or wish is 2 LW, 2 RW #1C #2C so in other words 6 elite level top 6 forwards. I know there is a salary cap but it's going to go back up to over 70M. As long as the cap hit for the top 2 line is under 33-35M then the Oilers are fine. Like I said in other threads the Oilers won a bunch of useless wins down the stretch. They would've had a top 3 pick which would guarantee them MacK or Barkov. You need elite secondary scoring to win in this league.

Hall RNH Eberle
XX MacK/Barkov Yakupov

Having an elite #2C with no elite finisher (#2LW or #2RW) makes no sense.

Old
06-19-2013, 04:29 AM
Oilwings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Why would we buy out Hemsky? That would be stupid IMO so they can keep on waiting.
After the buyout period ends there will be lots of teams looking for offense.

Old
06-19-2013, 02:00 PM
thinlizzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Mac T has made it pretty evident that SH and AH won't be with the team in Sept so there is not a lot of options available.

Old
06-19-2013, 02:30 PM
Highlander23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oi'll say! View Post

I swear, i thought you were talking about the oilers

Highlander23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 02:55 PM
The Nuge
5-14-6-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinlizzy View Post
Mac T has made it pretty evident that SH and AH won't be with the team in Sept so there is not a lot of options available.
Of course their is. You bring Hemsky back and trade him during the season. Buying out Hemsky is one of the worst ideas I've heard

06-19-2013, 02:57 PM
Paralyzer
The Oilers Awaken

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
Of course their is. You bring Hemsky back and trade him during the season. Buying out Hemsky is one of the worst ideas I've heard
Hence why Gregor mentioned it. Not too bright....

Paralyzer is online now   Reply With Quote