HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kris Letang

Closed Thread

Old
06-14-2013, 08:40 AM
BumFortyOne

vCash: 500
Kris Letang

Seems like there's a lot of discussion about Letang in various threads here so I figured it might be a good idea to have one specifically for that.

My opinion is that you keep Letang assuming you get him up to somewhere around $7 mil/year. He's still a young guy and defensemen typically don't hit their prime until later.

He's had flashes of being an outstanding all around defenseman and if he cuts out a few of the more egregious boneheaded plays he's sometimes prone to I think he provides great value. I can see the arguments for trading him as he would return a nice package but unless his contract demands are ridiculous I think he stays.

Old
06-14-2013, 08:47 AM
Al Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by BumFortyOne View Post
Seems like there's a lot of discussion about Letang in various threads here so I figured it might be a good idea to have one specifically for that.

My opinion is that you keep Letang assuming you get him up to somewhere around $7 mil/year. He's still a young guy and defensemen typically don't hit their prime until later.

He's had flashes of being an outstanding all around defenseman and if he cuts out a few of the more egregious boneheaded plays he's sometimes prone to I think he provides great value. I can see the arguments for trading him as he would return a nice package but unless his contract demands are ridiculous I think he stays.
Would agree and add that when he has been out the past few years, the Pens aren't much better than a .500 team. But I'm sure someone has the stats on that out there.

Old
06-14-2013, 08:50 AM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Iron Proficient

Quote:
Originally Posted by BumFortyOne View Post

Totally agree.

Old
06-14-2013, 08:52 AM
Darth Vitale
Dark Matter

Sorry, but it's not a good idea. Imagine if every player we talk about in those threads got his own thread... we'd be having the same conversation for every player in two places. No offense but closing this.

The Summer Shake-up trade thread (sticky) is going to be primarily Letang talk for the next few weeks so use that.

Closed Thread