HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > QMJHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* Saint John Sea Dogs 2013-2014 Thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-08-2013, 04:52 PM
  #1
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,928
vCash: 500
*OFFICIAL* Saint John Sea Dogs 2013-2014 Thread

Thought's on the coming season ?

This is my shot at the team:

Highmore-Cuomo-Noel
Cooper-Euro-Zilbert
Richard-McFalls-Smallman
Joseph-Brown-Dares
Sarault

Leblanc-Abbott
Thompson-Repe
Chabot-Kelly
McQuaid

Auger
Fournier
Smith


I see a really young team, using a lot of our picks, our lack of depth and experience will be a factor throughout the year.

Eichel reporting would be massive.

Bottom to lower mid pack finish in my mind.


Last edited by IHaveNoCreativity: 06-08-2013 at 07:16 PM.
IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2013, 07:50 PM
  #2
welcometothebigshow2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 397
vCash: 500
Loved the Dogs draft today, but of note, I wouldn't of taken Thompson that early.

welcometothebigshow2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2013, 07:57 PM
  #3
WildcatMapleLeafs28
Registered User
 
WildcatMapleLeafs28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,452
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by welcometothebigshow2 View Post
Loved the Dogs draft today, but of note, I wouldn't of taken Thompson that early.
I agree. I predicted them taking him or Deschenes with that pick but don't think he deserved to go that high strictly on talent.

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2013, 08:00 PM
  #4
welcometothebigshow2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 397
vCash: 500
Frederic Allard would've been a better choice. I had a feeling Deschenes would fall, but I didn't want to say anything in case one team loved him and took him early. His skating and effort level just aren't good enough.

welcometothebigshow2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2013, 08:10 PM
  #5
WildcatMapleLeafs28
Registered User
 
WildcatMapleLeafs28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,452
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by welcometothebigshow2 View Post
Frederic Allard would've been a better choice. I had a feeling Deschenes would fall, but I didn't want to say anything in case one team loved him and took him early. His skating and effort level just aren't good enough.
I totally expected him to fall. Someone laughed when I said he wouldn't be a top 50 pick cause of where he was ranked. His play has plateaued the past season and a half. Hasn't improved much since Bantam.

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2013, 08:15 PM
  #6
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,928
vCash: 500
I really wanted Deschenes, Booth and Leblanc.. Could of had all 3.. Would of felt better with them.

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2013, 01:44 AM
  #7
JohnnyB11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Saint John, NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,423
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
Thought's on the coming season ?

This is my shot at the team:

Highmore-Cuomo-Noel
Cooper-Euro-Zilbert
Richard-McFalls-Smallman
Joseph-Brown-Dares
Sarault

Leblanc-Abbott
Thompson-Repe
Chabot-Kelly
McQuaid

Auger
Fournier
Smith


I see a really young team, using a lot of our picks, our lack of depth and experience will be a factor throughout the year.

Eichel reporting would be massive.

Bottom to lower mid pack finish in my mind.
Cooper - Euro - Anderson
Highmore - Noel - Zilbert
Smalllman - Cameron - Brown
Dickinson - Cuomo - Malone
McFalls

Leblanc - Weckworth
Thompson - Repe
Abbott - Doucet
Duda

Auger
Fournier

JohnnyB11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2013, 01:53 AM
  #8
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,928
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyB11 View Post
Cooper - Euro - Anderson
Highmore - Noel - Zilbert
Smalllman - Cameron - Brown
Dickinson - Cuomo - Malone
McFalls

Leblanc - Weckworth
Thompson - Repe
Abbott - Doucet
Duda

Auger
Fournier
Your team is more realistic, I don't think we will see all the rookies, I also didn't include any OA's.

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 06:48 PM
  #9
Q7scout
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 99
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
Your team is more realistic, I don't think we will see all the rookies, I also didn't include any OA's.
Wow….just looked at SJ’s roster for OA’s. Here is the question of the month….who the hell are they going to keep? (if any) And who has OA’s to trade for picks?

Izacky, Tsogkas, Weckworth, Cameron are only options. Izacky would be best but can’t see them using a Euro as an OA with his stats.

Tsogkas GP 57 – G3 – A8 – PTS 11 probably shouldn’t be.
Cameron GP 63 – G3 – A0 – PTS 3 Won’t be for sure with a plus minus of -42.
Honestly Weckworth is only one that might have a chance. GP 43 – G0 – A5 – PTS 5.

Q7scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 08:57 PM
  #10
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,928
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q7scout View Post
Wow….just looked at SJ’s roster for OA’s. Here is the question of the month….who the hell are they going to keep? (if any) And who has OA’s to trade for picks?

Izacky, Tsogkas, Weckworth, Cameron are only options. Izacky would be best but can’t see them using a Euro as an OA with his stats.

Tsogkas GP 57 – G3 – A8 – PTS 11 probably shouldn’t be.
Cameron GP 63 – G3 – A0 – PTS 3 Won’t be for sure with a plus minus of -42.
Honestly Weckworth is only one that might have a chance. GP 43 – G0 – A5 – PTS 5.
Could always go without them..

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 09:44 PM
  #11
ZombieRegDunlop
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 92
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
Could always go without them..
You wouldn't have to go "without".....you need some veterans with a young group. I'm sure they can find some guys and it wouldn't be that expensive if you don't like your own. We paid a 3rd for Bryce Milson, but we won't get a 6th for him now that he's 20.

ZombieRegDunlop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 03:10 PM
  #12
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,928
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieRegDunlop View Post
You wouldn't have to go "without".....you need some veterans with a young group. I'm sure they can find some guys and it wouldn't be that expensive if you don't like your own. We paid a 3rd for Bryce Milson, but we won't get a 6th for him now that he's 20.
True there might be a few cheap guys.

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 08:35 PM
  #13
JohnnyB11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Saint John, NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,423
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
True there might be a few cheap guys.
I expect Weckworth and Cameron to be back. Unless the coaches saw something in Tsogkas I didn't see, I'd rather see his spot taken by a younger player. I'm fine if the Dogs want to roll with 2 20s to be honest. Maybe the Armada could send a decent 20 for no compensation, as a thank you for the 3rd round pick they got from the Dogs for free.

JohnnyB11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 08:36 PM
  #14
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,928
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyB11 View Post
I expect Weckworth and Cameron to be back. Unless the coaches saw something in Tsogkas I didn't see, I'd rather see his spot taken by a younger player. I'm fine if the Dogs want to roll with 2 20s to be honest. Maybe the Armada could send a decent 20 for no compensation, as a thank you for the 3rd round pick they got from the Dogs for free.
Doubt that will happen..

I still can't believe the league pulled this crap.

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 11:15 AM
  #15
#57
Registered User
 
#57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,081
vCash: 500
Last year there were a couple of good overragers that were moved for basically nothing. Like Alexandre Lavoie. I can see SJ getting three new 20 yrs old. If they can find a solid euro forward and perhaps a good free agent or two (like I expect them to) they should be pretty interesting to watch next season. But as it stands their roster is quite weak...

#57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 12:38 PM
  #16
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,928
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by #57 View Post
Last year there were a couple of good overragers that were moved for basically nothing. Like Alexandre Lavoie. I can see SJ getting three new 20 yrs old. If they can find a solid euro forward and perhaps a good free agent or two (like I expect them to) they should be pretty interesting to watch next season. But as it stands their roster is quite weak...
We will be really young, I think we can get a good young Euro.

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2013, 02:51 PM
  #17
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,928
vCash: 500
Anyone hear anything about camp invites ?

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2013, 05:02 PM
  #18
jfb392
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,121
vCash: 500
2013 8th rounder Chris Sarault has signed with Colorado Thunderbirds U16 for the upcoming season.

jfb392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2013, 07:27 AM
  #19
zeropotentate
Registered User
 
zeropotentate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 387
vCash: 500
I'm pretty excited to see how Noel does, and Highmore as well. Though, truthfully, I'm not big on Cooper. Been following the dogs since their first season.

Oh, and Leblanc on defense, I like that guy. Won't be a great year, but fun to keep track of methinks.

zeropotentate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2013, 10:38 AM
  #20
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,928
vCash: 500
It's a transition year, we aren't going to be strong. Next year things will really shape up.

We have more to build with though.

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2013, 05:22 PM
  #21
scotian1
Registered User
 
scotian1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Kingston, N.S.
Country: Canada
Posts: 395
vCash: 500
Here is the training camp roster announced by the Sea Dogs today.
http://saintjohnseadogs.com/article/...ng-camp/146696

scotian1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2013, 02:06 PM
  #22
WildcatMapleLeafs28
Registered User
 
WildcatMapleLeafs28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,452
vCash: 500
Gatineau send Kelly Bent to SJ in exchange and 8th round draft pick 2014.

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2013, 04:31 PM
  #23
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,928
vCash: 500
How old is he ?

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2013, 06:09 PM
  #24
WildcatMapleLeafs28
Registered User
 
WildcatMapleLeafs28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,452
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
How old is he ?
He's a 95 born, so 18 years old.

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2013, 10:06 PM
  #25
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,928
vCash: 500
What can we expect from him ?

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:01 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.