You would care.

IHaveNoCreativity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2013, 05:29 PM
ClemQ

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chsb View Post
The only reason your team won last night was AUGER....first star by a landslide.
The Titan Threw 45 shots at him of which 25 dangerous shots.

The other funny thing is that the 3 stars were Dogs....
why do you make posts like this it never fails when someone does something like this, soon after - your team gets blasted!!

7-2 against moncton!!!

ClemQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2013, 06:16 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemQ View Post
why do you make posts like this it never fails when someone does something like this, soon after - your team gets blasted!!

7-2 against moncton!!!
All-star Jacob Brennan played great ! Don't know why they didn't change goalies as it wasn't his night. I was looking forward to seeing MacDonald play. I thought he was going to come out for the third period.

Also Grundy was a dirty pylon. He looked like a complete fool. Getting beat along the boards , beat to the outside, beat in front of the net. He's also a liability since he takes pointless and stupid penalties. Had to laugh when the crowd went nuts when Penny nailed him, Grundy had such a complex and flung his stick trying to hit anyone possible with it then skated to the bench and complained as if the hit was illegal or something. I didn't mind him last season , probably because I only watched him play a few times but lost all respect after seeing he's such a whiner and crybaby. If you're going to dish it out , you have to be able to take it.

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 08:47 AM
chsb

Quote:

7-2 against moncton!!!
Because one game it was MacDonald in net and the next Brennan.
Check this out:
Mason McDonald 2 119:08 3 0 1.51 1 1 0 0 64 61 0.953
Jacob Brennan 2 120:00 8 0 4.00 1 1 0 0 71 63 0.887

And it was still a worst difference in preseason.

This is a stalemate of two starting goaltenders which should not be.

chsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 12:04 PM
jolly roger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurksDogs17 View Post
Done deal....Fournier has been release. Landry has made the team and deservingly so.
The team made the correct decision here. Releasing Fournier was the right move. Adding Landry as the backup is the right move for all concerned.

jolly roger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 12:43 PM
ClemQ

Quote:
Because one game it was MacDonald in net and the next Brennan.
Check this out:
Mason McDonald 2 119:08 3 0 1.51 1 1 0 0 64 61 0.953
Jacob Brennan 2 120:00 8 0 4.00 1 1 0 0 71 63 0.887

And it was still a worst difference in preseason.

This is a stalemate of two starting goaltenders which should not be.
BLA< BLA< BLA....
Brennan was ok during the season opener. The team stunk against moncton....your coach even said so.
Just do yourself a favor, stop posting about how great your team is and bad everyone else is It will help you look better....

Old
09-23-2013, 01:58 PM
TurksDogs17

Great effort by the boys last night. This team is showing lots of promise for the future.

Shootout lost to Ch'town who looks to have a very good team. Big and physical.

Can't say enough about the young kids. Scouts give yourselves a pat on the back. LeBlanc, Highmore, Smallman, Cuomo (nice goal last night) and this year with Noel, Chabot, Dove-MacFalls and Thompson the future is bright.

Anderson is really growing on me....guy was on a mission last night especially in 1st and 2nd period...guy should have a letter on his jersey, played like a leader.

Sorry forgot Landry....steal in later rounds this year.

TurksDogs17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 02:34 PM
chsb

Quote:
BLA< BLA< BLA....
Brennan was ok during the season opener. The team stunk against moncton....your coach even said so.
Just do yourself a favor, stop posting about how great your team is and bad everyone else is It will help you look better....
Well, according to the webcast I saw, Brennan stunk in Moncton and it was easy to see for a lot of Titan fans....weak on at least 2 goals and should have been removed after 4 goals.

That being said, your fellow scouts really like MacDonald:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=6...etails=2-29342

Guess who was waiting on the bench to take over from Brennan

Old
09-23-2013, 04:48 PM
ClemQ

Quote:
Well, according to the webcast I saw, Brennan stunk in Moncton and it was easy to see for a lot of Titan fans....weak on at least 2 goals and should have been removed after 4 goals.

That being said, your fellow scouts really like MacDonald:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=6...etails=2-29342

Guess who was waiting on the bench to take over from Brennan
did i ever say i didnt like macdonald?

Old
09-24-2013, 03:31 PM
chsb

[QUOTE=WildcatMapleLeafs28;71420165]All-star Jacob Brennan played great ! Don't know why they didn't change goalies as it wasn't his night. I was looking forward to seeing MacDonald play. I thought he was going to come out for the third period.

QUOTE]

I concur!

Even the Titan commentator was betting a $2.00 we would not see Brennan back after the 2nd period.

And I happened to view the whole game on webcast and I allow myself to criticize Brennan as more and more will in the near future if he does not straighten up his play.

Old
09-24-2013, 03:33 PM
chsb

Quote:
did i ever say i didnt like macdonald?
I never said you didn't, but you are the one saying I should not comment on Brennan and I am the one who actually saw the game.
Obviously you did not.

Old
09-24-2013, 05:47 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

[QUOTE=chsb;71512991]
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
All-star Jacob Brennan played great ! Don't know why they didn't change goalies as it wasn't his night. I was looking forward to seeing MacDonald play. I thought he was going to come out for the third period.

QUOTE]

I concur!

Even the Titan commentator was betting a $2.00 we would not see Brennan back after the 2nd period.

And I happened to view the whole game on webcast and I allow myself to criticize Brennan as more and more will in the near future if he does not straighten up his play.
At that point in the game it could have made a difference. Bad move on Dupont's behalf for not trying to get something going. Had the Titan switch goalies after the fourth goal , the Wildcats probably wouldn't three more goals and it might have put some jump in the Titan's game. As a coach , I would have definitely made the change.

Old
09-24-2013, 06:28 PM
TurksDogs17

Anyone know when our 96 born Euro forward will be playing?

Old
09-24-2013, 07:19 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurksDogs17 View Post
Anyone know when our 96 born Euro forward will be playing?
We don't have one. Tkachev is a 95' , same age as Barbashev. It's still up in the air wether he's coming or not. I'd lean towards he isn't but there's some news that he's coming if he gets sent to the MHL again. I know he's re-applied for his visa and the Wildcats are hoping to learn his fate in the next couple of days.

Edit: sorry wrong thread.

Old
09-24-2013, 08:12 PM
ClemQ

Quote:
I never said you didn't, but you are the one saying I should not comment on Brennan and I am the one who actually saw the game.
Obviously you did not.
OMG....i never said that either. we will stop now, because it's obvious i'm not getting anywheres.

Old
09-25-2013, 09:50 AM
chsb

Quote:
OMG....i never said that either. we will stop now, because it's obvious i'm not getting anywheres.
Easy to pack your luggage and leave the discussion.

You relied on a newspaper to come at me on my comment.

Old
09-25-2013, 11:21 AM
ClemQ

Quote:
Easy to pack your luggage and leave the discussion.

You relied on a newspaper to come at me on my comment.

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT ? Newspapers...coming after you....

WOW.... Does anyone know what he's talking about?

Lets replay the story - I mention that it's never a good idea to say how lucky a team is to have beat your boys....making excuses for a loss, etc. The next game your team gets blasted by moncton.

Next thing i know your referencing Scouting articles and now newspapers......WTF ?

Old
09-25-2013, 03:00 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

I thought this was a Sea Dogs thread ?

Old
09-29-2013, 11:43 AM
TurksDogs17

Not the best weekend for the boys. I know we got the win against Sherbrooke but I actually thought that we should of handled them easier that we did. They don't look like a very good team....going to be a long season for them.

LeBlanc had a great night with a goal and two assist and was first star and I thought he was even better in Ch'town the night before. He dominated on the PP.

Speaking of PP I don't think Highmore could turn the puck over anymore that he does already. To many bad passes that end up in our end of the rink. With that being said he finally scored (on PP) which was nice to see. Can't ever say anything bad about his skating....guys got wheels.

I think it is time to shake up our special teams. Before the Sherbrooke game we were close to bottom in both PP and PK. Now we sit 10 in both after Sherbrooke game but again Sherbrooke looks terrible.

But what do I know.....without Auger we would probably be in basement too instead of 9th. Overall we have to be happy being in 9th at this point.

Old
10-29-2013, 04:15 PM
TurksDogs17

The Saint John Sea Dogs have announced that they have parted ways with Mike Kelly.
Kelly had been the head coach and general manager of the Sea Dogs since the summer of 2012. Before that, he was the team's associate coach and director of hockey operations for three seasons beginning in 2009.
"Mike Kelly is a man of integrity, and decisions like these are never easy," said Sea Dogs' President Wayne Long. "It is our duty to do what we feel is in the best interest of our team. We will always be grateful and appreciative of what Mike has done for the Sea Dogs' organization."
The Sea Dogs expect to name a new head coach in the coming days.

Old
10-29-2013, 05:05 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Not sure how I feel about this, doesn't seem like the right move.

Old
10-29-2013, 06:40 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
Not sure how I feel about this, doesn't seem like the right move.
A young team doesn't always jive well with a tough coach. His strength was the GM role and he's made some questionable choices that didn't really pan out.

The most surprising thing for me is the timing. Maybe it was a mutual agreement.

Old
11-14-2013, 08:31 PM
St John Dogness

I see not much interest in the Sea Dogs lately.. over 2 weeks no postings...not much to talk about ..lol Had to watch for sure, since Mike Kelly's departure, the first couple games looked like coach Yates mixing thingsu but 2 gmes later same oldstory.. same line same forwards being played, top line, pk, pp then by the rd period they have nothing left.. why keep the rest of the players on the bench?? spread the wealth coaches...keep cameron, brown,zilbert,cuomo as pk unit not cooper, highmore, noel, smallman, etc.. not sure a player with a minus 14 should be on pp?? can anyone tell me why walter in every game??? he is a deficit everytime he is on the ice... getting way too many shifts... unreal .. hard to watch... thought with new coacing the young kids play more?? When Abbott not in line up please put Anderson on the blue line... Majority of the D can not for the life of them keep the puck in the attack zone..can they not call up Mosher?? or any other D??? Doucet, McQuaid are strongly big time... then the others are young... shouldn't our 20's be top players?? not by a long shot.... another tough road loss... more to come with no changes...

St John Dogness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2013, 09:21 AM
TurksDogs17

Quote:
Originally Posted by St John Dogness View Post
I see not much interest in the Sea Dogs lately.. over 2 weeks no postings...not much to talk about ..lol Had to watch for sure, since Mike Kelly's departure, the first couple games looked like coach Yates mixing thingsu but 2 gmes later same oldstory.. same line same forwards being played, top line, pk, pp then by the rd period they have nothing left.. why keep the rest of the players on the bench?? spread the wealth coaches...keep cameron, brown,zilbert,cuomo as pk unit not cooper, highmore, noel, smallman, etc.. not sure a player with a minus 14 should be on pp?? can anyone tell me why walter in every game??? he is a deficit everytime he is on the ice... getting way too many shifts... unreal .. hard to watch... thought with new coacing the young kids play more?? When Abbott not in line up please put Anderson on the blue line... Majority of the D can not for the life of them keep the puck in the attack zone..can they not call up Mosher?? or any other D??? Doucet, McQuaid are strongly big time... then the others are young... shouldn't our 20's be top players?? not by a long shot.... another tough road loss... more to come with no changes...
I agree with some of what you are saying but honestly am just pissed at how this team has been managed lately.....if we don't make some serious moves to help our talented young players at the xmas trade deadline I'm taking the rest of the year off.....to hard to watch.

All that has been happening the past year is we are teaching our young players how to except losing.......not a great recipe if your plan is to build for the future. We need to win more games PERIOD. Teach the kids how to win!

But like I said I'll wait until after the xmas trade deadline to decide whether or not I keep spending my money at harbour station.

Old
03-18-2014, 11:49 AM
4thlineGrind
Rookie User

This years draft should be a dandy for SJ. Would be nice to land the 1st overall pick. We have had some luck with those in the past!

Some changes gotta be made though. Cooper has to go. That guy is the laziest player on the team. He looks like he does not care when he is out there. Yes he puts up some points but he could double is numbers if he tried. His laziness seems to rub off on some of the young guys..

Also no idea why they resigned Yates. That guy looks lost behind the bench. 0 communication with the players. This guy is half the problem. How are you supposed to develop players when your coach is completely lost and has no idea what's going on!!

4thlineGrind is offline   Reply With Quote