Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Islanders Leadership

Old
08-04-2013, 07:26 PM
tomahawk

vCash: 500
Islanders Leadership

Just wanted to give a big shout out to Grant Sonier and the awesome job he's done since taking over the reins with the Charlottetown Islanders. I'm not a troll and I have never met Mr. Sonier - but it does feel like the grown ups are finally behind the wheel of this team. Keeping Coach Gordie, the draft and the great off season trades he's pulled off give us Islander fans a great deal of hope for the future of this franchise in Charlottetown. Well done to him and his team. Now we have to do our part as fans and fill the rink.

Can't wait for this season.

tomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2013, 09:48 PM
wingmanpei

I like the job that Sonier has done so far.

For me as a fan I find the biggest change since the sale is the attitude of optimism and building rather than the one of defeatist. For the longest time it seems like the mantra of this team was "we are a small market team and can't compete with the "big" teams", I don't get that feeling and impression anymore. Which is a reason why I bought season tickets after a two years of not getting them.

It would be very cool and very nice to see the rink filled but I think that will take some time and take some patience on everyone's part. I think the team is headed in the right direction but IMO the full turn around for the attendance won't happen overnight. It took a few years to turn people off the team, I think it will take more than an off-season to get them back.

wingmanpei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2013, 05:19 PM
welcometothebigshow2

Apparently Gordie wasn't a fan of the Oligny move, losing your best, and one of the best d-men in the league always hurts a coach. I think it was a smart hockey move though, and they'll benefit from it as they weren't ready to contend this year.

welcometothebigshow2 is offline   Reply With Quote