Bell-Nickerson
x-Lalonde

Lagace-Bureau

jboyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2013, 08:29 PM
ccgg

vCash: 500
Matej Beran will be back as a 20 years old player for Charlottetown.

ccgg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2013, 08:30 PM
Raimu

Quote:
Originally Posted by jboyz View Post
My Eagles lineup prediction:

Carrier-Farrell-Lazarev
Beaton-Bishop-Clarke
Corriveau-Moody-Legare
Simard-Lyle-Marois
x-Pelletier

Hache-Woodworth
Leduc-Nicholson
Bell-Nickerson
x-Lalonde

Lagace-Bureau
That has the potential to look a little more solid with the addition of Roy or assets from a trade involving Roy. Nice to see the CBSE have a good import draft.

Raimu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2013, 07:33 PM
chsb

Quote:
Originally Posted by #57 View Post
Very hard to predict the maritimes right now. It depends on Drouin/MacKinnon, Roy/Lazarev/Sevchikov and all the americans Moncton drafted.

#1 Halifax (93) - Drouin and Mac don't come back
#2 Moncton (83) - Tkachev and Barbashev will kill
#3 Charlottetown (78) - Solid team all-around
#4 Bathurst (77) - Solid team all-around
#5 Cape Breton (67) - Lots of question marks, changes to be made
#6 Saint John (54) - Little improvement...
I concur!

As much as I thought Halifax would dominate this Division, they lost Abeltshauser/Fournier/MacAuley/Frk/Boudreau/Drouin/MacKinnon and some.....

Any team can uprise and surprise as far as I am concerned.

The Islanders trading Oligny was a big surprise to me and seems to indicate that they are heading into a rebuild year although I don't see the logic of keeping Beran as an OA.

Moncton and SJ should not be part of any surprise but I could see CB/Charlottetown/Bathurst in the mix all season.

chsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2013, 07:58 AM
ClemQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by #57 View Post
Very hard to predict the maritimes right now. It depends on Drouin/MacKinnon, Roy/Lazarev/Sevchikov and all the americans Moncton drafted.

#1 Halifax (93) - Drouin and Mac don't come back
#2 Moncton (83) - Tkachev and Barbashev will kill
#3 Charlottetown (78) - Solid team all-around
#4 Bathurst (77) - Solid team all-around
#5 Cape Breton (67) - Lots of question marks, changes to be made
#6 Saint John (54) - Little improvement...
if moncton finishes 2nd....this will be the worst division in the history of the league...seriously. What do they have to indicate they would finish that high? Their leaky goalie from last year? Their 8 americans, that only 1 draftee has committed to staying longer than 48hrs (they had to guarantee him a spot on the team for him to commit) ? Or maybe it's their collection of Junior A players...Pugsley, Mann, Caissy, belliveau...

If everything would line up perfectly perhaps 70pts is realistic, but, for that to happen they need Dubeau to play lights out every night and their two russians to carry to load EVERY night. Could it all happen? Yes... Are their any indicators it will happen? No... Unrealistic expectations

ClemQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2013, 11:57 PM
RJQuack

Well it's been said before, but with more and more developing in the slow summer months, this division looks to be ...... Awful.

Halifax IMO will win, but it doesn't mean they're the 3rd best team in the league lol. Out of what I see returning for each team, Halifax has the best core. What will we do in the playoffs? Who knows, maybe they get a favorable matchup and go into the Final 4 again.

Charlottetown trading Oligny surprised me, but still have a roster that could challenge fro one of the top positions in the division... YP Laplante and Pepin could break-out.

Bathurst look like a team that could surprise and challenge for #1-2. What will be done with the goalies though? Will they keep both McDonald and Brennan again?

Moncton got a good euro player, but they don't have the depth that could support them even if they were on, on all nights. Dubeau doesn't scream consistent either...\

CB and SJ still in the basement, but CB could surprise.

There's no point in looking at what every team loses to form opinions on this year because it's too much, moreso than other years I find... But for fun...
Halifax loses the 6 players who went beast in the playoffs, and were the best players all-around anyways (Nate, Jo, Frk, Konrad, Stef Fournier and MacAulay) ... Not to mention Boudreau, Duke and Beauchemin who added depth.
Moncton loses their MVP Jaskin, Danault, Veilleux, and the twins... almost all their top-6... Their top D-man in Narbonne, plus the home-run king Johnston... errr, nevermind
PEI loses their top two forwards in Duffy and Currie, who both could have been MVP last season, Oligny their top D and Micallef was pretty good. Nevins and McGrath provided grit, and Pavelka and Lagace leave too.
Bathurst lose Z-O'B, Beaudry, Biss, Lalancette and Brouillard, along with Houle/Godin, whoever they trade.
Seed, Saab and Villemaire for the Dogs too.

The Maritimes division loses roughly 33 players to graduation, promotion or trade. Possible 4 players to the NHL, 6 in the AHL and Narbonne/Villemaire have gotten lower league looks... Plus one of the best pure scorers in the league in O'Brien and Currie...

Wow, who's going to score the goals this year, lol.

RJQuack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2013, 02:38 PM
chsb

ter we check the Euro draft, very little upvalue has been added as FAs to the Maritimes teams so far.

There is definitely a lack of skills and a lot of parity in these teams; however I do expect teams like SJ/Moncton to be on the down side this season.

chsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2013, 04:40 PM
welcometothebigshow2

Quote:
Originally Posted by welcometothebigshow2 View Post
I was told by a player agent, which was NOT Darcy's, that he is strongly considering coming to Cape Breton. I know it's not 100%, but the way my source told me, he'll at least be at camp. Don't quote me for this though, as it may not be true
Called it!

welcometothebigshow2 is offline   Reply With Quote