HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread XX: Horcoff/Hemsky/7th overall Edition

Closed Thread

Old
06-09-2013, 03:39 AM
not quite yoda

vCash: 500
Does Markov + or Diaz ++ for the 7th make any sense?

Old
06-09-2013, 03:44 AM
Auguste McEscoffier

Not quite, Yoda.

Old
06-09-2013, 03:52 AM
Hemsky4PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puritania View Post
I still think a swap of Hemsky for Umberger would be beneficial. I've always been a fan of his, and I think he could get back to being an effective player with this club.
Not a huge fan. Umberger's contract is pretty terrible. Maybe Horcoff for Umberger...
although...Umberger had 4 consecutive 20+ goal seasons. He has size...you might be on to something.

CBJ actually need Umberger though, unless they get Bozak or a similar player this summer. They have him and Dubinsky at their top 2 Cs. Next is Johansen, who was a healthy scratch in the AHL playoffs...not promising.

Old
06-09-2013, 04:00 AM
oilers2k10
Yak Don't Back Down

Going by what MacT has said about Krueger prior to the termination and what he's said about Hemsky and Horcoff being gone..his unclear answers regarding Sam Gagner lead me to believe that he will be gone as well when the season starts..I'm sure he loves the player, the character..but I think he see's that he's not what this team needs as a second line center..doesn't seem like MacT want to sit around to wait and see with anyone on this roster outside of Devan Dubnyk.
I think he won't touch any one of Hall, Ebs, Nuge, Yak, J.Schultz, or Klefbom..and for now Dubnyk..but outside of that nobody is safe.

Old
06-09-2013, 04:28 AM
Joey Moss
5-14-6-1

vCash: 50
Mac has stated he'd like to sign Gagner long term.

Old
06-09-2013, 04:40 AM
Tarus
FireChia#

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers2k10 View Post
Going by what MacT has said about Krueger prior to the termination and what he's said about Hemsky and Horcoff being gone..his unclear answers regarding Sam Gagner lead me to believe that he will be gone as well when the season starts..I'm sure he loves the player, the character..but I think he see's that he's not what this team needs as a second line center..doesn't seem like MacT want to sit around to wait and see with anyone on this roster outside of Devan Dubnyk.
I think he won't touch any one of Hall, Ebs, Nuge, Yak, J.Schultz, or Klefbom..and for now Dubnyk..but outside of that nobody is safe.
I suspect some wishful thinking going on, Mact was quite clear about wanting to resign Gagner long term.

Old
06-09-2013, 08:05 AM
Mcnotloilersfan
I'm here, I'm bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
Mac has stated he'd like to sign Gagner long term.
He also said it would be short-sighted of him to fire the coach. I believe he will do whatever it takes to make the team that he wants. This fan says thank ****! We'll see if he makes the right choices or not, but I love having a GM who goes out and does what he feels he needs to do.

He signed Belov right away, and stole Eakins before others teams had a chance to do more interviews.

Old
06-09-2013, 09:14 AM
OilerFan4Life

vCash: 1991
Game 7 if needed is the 26th.

Gonna be a wild 10 days after that between the draft, buyouts, and free agency.

Buckle the seatbelts folks.

Old
06-09-2013, 09:23 AM
Jimmi McJenkins
Sometimes Miracles

So I was just thinking that this coaching change is a godsend for Theo Peckham. Now I don't expect him to be here, however he lost the faith of the Old coaching staff, and now he gets a bit of a clean slate, perhaps he ends up as #7/8 to start

Old
06-09-2013, 09:58 AM
McFuhryous

Friedman talked about Horcoff last night on Hot Stove, apparently he has told Mactavish he will only accept a trade to a contender, not a team rebuilding or bubble playoff team. He can submit a list of up to 10 teams on July 1st as per his modified NTC.

Old
06-09-2013, 10:00 AM
Jimmi McJenkins
Sometimes Miracles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuhryous View Post
Friedman talked about Horcoff last night on Hot Stove, apparently he has told Mactavish he will only accept a trade to a contender, not a team rebuilding or bubble playoff team. He can submit a list of up to 10 teams on July 1st as per his modified NTC.
I missed that last night, I guess it's all but a given that he's bought out.

Old
06-09-2013, 10:08 AM
Soli
Supervision Required

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
So I was just thinking that this coaching change is a godsend for Theo Peckham. Now I don't expect him to be here, however he lost the faith of the Old coaching staff, and now he gets a bit of a clean slate, perhaps he ends up as #7/8 to start
I think the situation with Theo is too far gone.

Along a similar vein, I made my way down to HFLeafs and asked if Eakins had any favorites down on the farm. Two names so far. Ben Scrivens and Ryan Hamilton.

I know the Oilers liked Scrivens from his Cornell days. Edmonton boy and a goaltender making his way in the league. I'd imagine Toronto still would like to find a veteran backup for Reimer and move Scrivens perhaps.

Ryan Hamilton is a 6'2 LW that is a UFA. If he sticks in the NHL, it'll be as a 4th liner. Apparently Eakins loves the guy and took great pride in working with him. Hamilton is a career AHL type that got 10 games this year with the Leafs and 2 games last year. I think he was Captain of the Marlies. He did put up some solid number this year (56GP: 30G-18A-48PTS with the Marlies, 10GP: 0G-2A-2PTS, +1, 22 hits, buck and change on the PK).

Old
06-09-2013, 10:16 AM
Hemsky4PM

I think there is a good spot for Hemsky. Ottawa. They need offense and have space. Murray even took a washed up Kovalev. Hemsky played junior in
Hull, across the river.

Old
06-09-2013, 10:40 AM
NAF
Beauty Fakes

I've got a feeling the Wings might be interested in Horcoff. Renney loves him and he'd fit well on their third or fourth line. i think he'd excel on a team as well coached and full of vets as that club. No idea on return, but maybe there's a deal there. Hemsky I could see in Ottawa or New Jersey, maybe?

Old
06-09-2013, 11:04 AM
Jimmi McJenkins
Sometimes Miracles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soli View Post
I think the situation with Theo is too far gone.

Along a similar vein, I made my way down to HFLeafs and asked if Eakins had any favorites down on the farm. Two names so far. Ben Scrivens and Ryan Hamilton.

I know the Oilers liked Scrivens from his Cornell days. Edmonton boy and a goaltender making his way in the league. I'd imagine Toronto still would like to find a veteran backup for Reimer and move Scrivens perhaps.

Ryan Hamilton is a 6'2 LW that is a UFA. If he sticks in the NHL, it'll be as a 4th liner. Apparently Eakins loves the guy and took great pride in working with him. Hamilton is a career AHL type that got 10 games this year with the Leafs and 2 games last year. I think he was Captain of the Marlies. He did put up some solid number this year (56GP: 30G-18A-48PTS with the Marlies, 10GP: 0G-2A-2PTS, +1, 22 hits, buck and change on the PK).
I wouldn't mind either of those players, I wonder if Hamilton can skate well enough to fill that role at the NHL level?

Old
06-09-2013, 11:05 AM
Mcnofool6110
#bringbacktheTeddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAF View Post
I've got a feeling the Wings might be interested in Horcoff. Renney loves him and he'd fit well on their third or fourth line. i think he'd excel on a team as well coached and full of vets as that club. No idea on return, but maybe there's a deal there. Hemsky I could see in Ottawa or New Jersey, maybe?
DeKeyser or bust

If we packaged Horcoff with another asset, we should attempt to poach someone off Detroit's depth in the back-end. Or mayber Valteri Filpulla.

I'm always apprehensive when making trades with the "good" organizations: first, their players are products of systems and great team play, often not related to the talent they may or may not possess; secondly, they have the habit of "winning" trades. Then again, since we're talking about a win by subtraction trade, anything can happen here.

EDIT:
Quote:
Mark Spector @SportsnetSpec
Horcoff has sold his EDM home. Does not submit 10-team list til July 1. Participating in trade process with MacTavish from Michigan home.
Dunno if this has been posted.

Old
06-09-2013, 11:12 AM
McSuper
5-14-6-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleshemsky83 View Post
I imagine well have to retain 3-4 million of Horcoffs cap hit to dead him, same with Hemsky, doesn't make a ton of sense, I'd rather buy them out then set that ridiculous a precedent.
We can not retain 3 to 4 million . only can retain 50% . His cap hit is 5.5 million salary is is less . So i would think it would be retain 1/2 the cap hit = 1/2 his salary . Horcoff is well worth a cap hit of 2.75 million and less salary ( 2 million ) if my memory is right

Old
06-09-2013, 11:38 AM
McJadeddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
I missed that last night, I guess it's all but a given that he's bought out.
yeah horcoffs chances of being traded were always pretty low... if he actually uses his NMC to limit the teams he goes to (which i would also do if i were in his position btw), it all but guarantees he is either: A) bought out B) back with the oilers next year if macT doesn't want to buy him out

Old
06-09-2013, 11:57 AM
OilDrop37

vCash: 17909
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAF View Post
Only way Detroit takes Horcoff in a trade is if they have a brutal contract they need to unload....

Old
06-09-2013, 11:58 AM
40oz

Sounds like the Avs might buy out David Jones, wouldn't mind giving him a short term deal.

Old
06-09-2013, 11:59 AM
McOilbleeder
We are all Kloppites

I wonder if Barrett Jackman could be had from the Blues. It's well known they have 2 key RFAs to sign, and with Bouwmeester and Polak, Jackman's abilities aren't completely lost. Shattenkirk, Bouw, Pie, Polak, Cole and Russell is a fairly decent D still. Especially if Pie and Shattenkirk can continue to develop.

He makes 3.75 for 2 more years I believe. By trading him and Halak, they could help their situation a fair bit.

For us, he gives us a veteran defensive D-man who brings leadership. If we get him and a young puck mover (for presumably the #7), it would make our D look better imo.

06-09-2013, 12:18 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:

Oh, Horcoff.

Old
06-09-2013, 12:21 PM
stoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky4PM View Post
Not a huge fan. Umberger's contract is pretty terrible. Maybe Horcoff for Umberger...
although...Umberger had 4 consecutive 20+ goal seasons. He has size...you might be on to something.

CBJ actually need Umberger though, unless they get Bozak or a similar player this summer. They have him and Dubinsky at their top 2 Cs. Next is Johansen, who was a healthy scratch in the AHL playoffs...not promising.
They also have amnisimov (sp?) and Jenner should make team next year. So amnisimov, Dubinsky, Jenner, Mackenzie, RJ.

Old
06-09-2013, 12:28 PM
stoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilDrop37 View Post
Only way Detroit takes Horcoff in a trade is if they have a brutal contract they need to unload....
They have a ton of cap space so they wouldn't have to unload anyone.

Also I hope people aren't disappointed when we lose these trades. I'm not saying this as wavering confidence of Mact, it's just the situation. Both players are at their lowest value, were on a sinking club, lost all motivation to play hard and thus didn't play well. Both are still very good players tho and I bet wherever they get traded both of them have a hell of a year.

Old
06-09-2013, 12:32 PM
JoeCool16

Quote:

And couldn't he just submit the list now, to make life a little bit easier for everyone involved? He's probably just going to get bought out, why not get it over with so MacT can quickly sift through the 10 teams, see if anything is there and then start working on finding a replacement?

Closed Thread