HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013-2014 Roster Discussion

Closed Thread

Old
06-21-2013, 09:29 PM
McSorley 33

vCash: 500
I like Nolan a lot and hope that's not true although you're rarely wrong, so that sucks. Kings better replace Nolan's toughness.

I still like Matt Martin and the 15th overall.

Old
06-21-2013, 09:59 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
I'm not sure but wasn't he the only roster player that could go down without clearing waiviers last year?
King went down during the lockout this year too, so I could be wrong.

Old
06-21-2013, 10:13 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post
King went down during the lockout this year too, so I could be wrong.
I could be wrong but didn't Clifford also go down during the lock out ?

Old
06-21-2013, 10:15 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
I could be wrong but didn't Clifford also go down during the lock out ?
No, he actually played for the Reign of the ECHL. I assume by personal choice.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=106802

Old
06-21-2013, 10:24 PM
Fishhead

Not surprising about Nolan being a target of other teams. Young, big, strong, with potential. We are used to tough rosters, but other teams usually lack that kind of player. He could be added with Bernier to give others incentive to give DL what he wants.

Old
06-21-2013, 11:05 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Unfortunately it seems that it is possible that Nolan may be a casualty of space/need. At this point I would say it is 60/40 and I hope that it ends up being the 40 as I am a fan of his but it is a little better than possible that Nolan could move.

It is getting around.

Old
06-21-2013, 11:32 PM
Kingspiracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
Unfortunately it seems that it is possible that Nolan may be a casualty of space/need. At this point I would say it is 60/40 and I hope that it ends up being the 40 as I am a fan of his but it is a little better than possible that Nolan could move.

It is getting around.
That would be a shame

Old
06-21-2013, 11:50 PM
CNS
A World Alone

I absolutely love Nolan. Would be very sad to see him go.

Old
06-22-2013, 02:24 AM
FrozenKing18
Goongala.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
This.

Old
06-22-2013, 08:49 AM
kinghock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post

It is getting around.
I think it will be big mistake. Nolan and Clifford are the only two guys on the team who can fight and Clifford has concussion history.

Old
06-22-2013, 10:34 AM
Fishhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinghock View Post
I think it will be big mistake. Nolan and Clifford are the only two guys on the team who can fight and Clifford has concussion history.
I always thought Cliffy was more of a punching bag, he leads with his face like Buchberger. I think Greene is a better fighter than him, but Nolan is our best for sure.

Old
06-22-2013, 11:35 AM
KBA4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinghock View Post
Yeah, but double Andy could probably replace Nolan's pugilistic skills and hopefully not be so much of a liability. I hope Nolan stays, there were a few times in his rookie year that he looked like a Lucic clone. This past year, not so much

Old
06-22-2013, 11:56 AM
Raccoon Jesus
\_(ツ)_/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishhead View Post
I always thought Cliffy was more of a punching bag, he leads with his face like Buchberger. I think Greene is a better fighter than him, but Nolan is our best for sure.

I don't think I've ever seen Greene land a punch. Willingness to fight and fighting ability are two completely different things. Clifford is a great fighter due to fearlessness...when that's gone, he's not that amazing. Nolan is terrific too.

I'd be sad to see Nolan go. In fact, it may be an unpopular opinion, I think it would be a real shame to lose any of King, Nolan, Clifford, (the younger guys) etc. without a real training camp with Sutter. I know I keep coming back to that, but let that sink in--our Kings have not yet had a freaking training camp with this coach and already have a cup and a conf. finals appearance!

Old
06-22-2013, 12:08 PM
kings11

heres the most likely thing to happen

Dean trades Bernier for the highest 1st rd possibly top 15 and a 2nd in 2014 which frees up money for scuds and holloway and possibly mitchell.

yes King will play more minutes and produce
King-Stoll-Toffoli is a damn good looking line
clifford-andreoff-lewis can be our shutdown 4th line

we need more speed on this team but most important we need a healthy D

Old
06-22-2013, 12:18 PM
Winger23

Quote:
Originally Posted by kings11 View Post
heres the most likely thing to happen

Dean trades Bernier for the highest 1st rd possibly top 15 and a 2nd in 2014 which frees up money for scuds and holloway and possibly mitchell.

yes King will play more minutes and produce
King-Stoll-Toffoli is a damn good looking line
clifford-andreoff-lewis can be our shutdown 4th line

we need more speed on this team but most important we need a healthy D
Im not sure why you expect king to start producing. Imo he by far has the worst hands on the team.

Old
06-22-2013, 12:35 PM
Omni Owl
FUBAR

We saw shades of how great Nolan can be during our cup run. But what the **** happened to him this past year? That's gotta be one of the more terrible sophomore slumps I've seen. I say give him more time and trade King instead.

Old
06-22-2013, 12:36 PM
Raccoon Jesus
\_(ツ)_/

You know whose name I haven't heard in a long time? Marc-Andre Cliche. I know 4C got shored up with Fraser and now Andreoff looks to be in the mix, but he used to be a sure-thing 4C with all-around ability rather than just a banger, right? Think he gets a long look at camp? He's 26 now iirc, has a good deal of experience and leadership...if not now, have to think he doesn't have much a future with the org...

Old
06-22-2013, 12:57 PM
northernKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN14 View Post
You know whose name I haven't heard in a long time? Marc-Andre Cliche. I know 4C got shored up with Fraser and now Andreoff looks to be in the mix, but he used to be a sure-thing 4C with all-around ability rather than just a banger, right? Think he gets a long look at camp? He's 26 now iirc, has a good deal of experience and leadership...if not now, have to think he doesn't have much a future with the org...
Was just thinking the same thing! Looking over the Kings roster depth it appears we have too many bottom 6 players. It will be interesting to see who Lombardi trades. Clifford has the most value of the younger guys followed by King and then Nolan. With a guy like Andreoff and Cliche in the system maybe Lombardi would be wiser to move Clifford with his value being the highest and his concussion history. Personally I'd move King but he'd likely only get back a 3rd rd pick unless packaged with Bernier

Old
06-22-2013, 12:59 PM
McSorley 33

Why can't Andy Andreoff replace Fraser and Nolan replace King.

I see more value in Nolan than King; Andy over Fraser is easy.

Old
06-22-2013, 01:08 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
Seriously. I love Clifford, but I'd take Nolan over him. Just see far more potential with him. Clifford and Bernier is an attractive package.

And why do people want to dump Fraser? He's a cheap 4th line center with 2 Cup rings.

Old
06-22-2013, 01:10 PM
kinghock

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSorley 33 View Post

I agree with you 100%.

Old
06-22-2013, 01:32 PM
KingLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSorley 33 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Seriously. I love Clifford, but I'd take Nolan over him. Just see far more potential with him. Clifford and Bernier is an attractive package.

And why do people want to dump Fraser? He's a cheap 4th line center with 2 Cup rings.
You guys are joking right?

Nolan's upside is a 5g5a player...he is a nice 4th liner because of what he brings. But to replace Clifford is almost laughable and the continued underrating of King baffles me. Nolan couldn't come close to replacing either.

Oh but he can fight!! (that was for Utah....)

Old
06-22-2013, 01:36 PM
Peter James Bond

Brown Kopitar Williams
Pearson Richards Carter
Martin Stoll Toffoli
Clifford Andreoff Lewis
King

Doughty Regehr
Voynov Muzzin
Greene Ellerby

Quick
Jones

This lineup not really better than last year, except 3rd line improved. Can actually, maybe, possibly score a goal or 2! Pearson: at least he goes to the net and has good hands and playmaking ability. King doesn't go to the net
and wasn't making plays with Richards and Carter, so there is hope that Pearson could step in and do well there. (wish Toffoli could play LW, but apparently he can't) I think this bottom 6 can score 10 more goals over the course of the season, than what we had. Those 10 goals could make a few losses turn into wins, alone. The Kings bottom 6 is one of the worst offensive, producing bottom 6's in the league. Yes, the Kings system is unlike others in the league, but players who can play the Kings system and actually possess some scoring skills, could go a long way. This team is also tougher, with Martin and Andreoff.

Bernier dealt for Matt Martin + #1. Martinez and Nolan dealt somewhere for
pick or prospect. Scuderi: cap casualty. Fraser and Richardson, thanks for your contributions.

Of course, Iginla could be signed, but will have to clear cap space and that means Stoll or Williams dealt?

Last edited by Peter James Bond: 06-22-2013 at 01:59 PM.
Old
06-22-2013, 02:00 PM
Fishhead

After pondering many, many lineups in this thread, I have come to the realization that our defense, without Scuderi, is good but not on a contender level. Took me long enough. He's either going to have to be re-signed or replaced, and that's going to be a priority. I was all for packaging a defender with Bernier to get more value, but that would leave us one injury away from a sub-par blueline.

If Scuderi doesn't stay, what other options are there for a SAH defender? I think we have a better chance to fill that LW spot from within rather than a SAH guy.

Old
06-22-2013, 02:07 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishhead View Post
After pondering many, many lineups in this thread, I have come to the realization that our defense, without Scuderi, is good but not on a contender level. Took me long enough. He's either going to have to be re-signed or replaced, and that's going to be a priority. I was all for packaging a defender with Bernier to get more value, but that would leave us one injury away from a sub-par blueline.

If Scuderi doesn't stay, what other options are there for a SAH defender? I think we have a better chance to fill that LW spot from within rather than a SAH guy.
Andrew Ference will be a free agent on 7/5. Coming off a deal with a $2.25M cap hit, Boston almost certainly can't afford to re-sign him with Rask being an RFA.

Closed Thread