HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013-2014 Roster Discussion

Closed Thread

Old
06-25-2013, 12:42 AM
damacles1156

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black1963 View Post
Moving Stoll would not only open up more options, but would greatly upgrade our offense.
How ?

You have to replace him, Vey has never played an NHL game(and is not as good on draws).

Stoll was on pace this year to score the league average for Third line Center's.

What type of offense do you people think Third line Centers bring ?

Cause the league average is right around 25 to 35 points in 82 games...

No one is going to trade an equal Center that cheaper or younger than Stoll for Stoll.

Dave Bolland has scored over 45 points ONCE in his entire career.

I think people would consider Bolland the bench mark for third line Centers.

Old
06-25-2013, 12:46 AM
HYORI 1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
How ?

You have to replace him, Vey has never played an NHL game.

Stoll was on pace this year to score the league average for Third line Center's.

Cause the league average is right around 20 to 30 points in 82 games...
Which looks better?

Kopi
Richards
Stoll

or

Kopi
Carter
Richards?

I know you don't think Carter will be moved to his natural position of being a center, but by moving him to 2C and Richards to 3C, not only do you upgrade offensively, cut salary, but you also now create a 2RW open for Toffoli.

Old
06-25-2013, 12:47 AM
Winger23

Quote:
How ?

You have to replace him, Vey has never played an NHL game(and is not as good on draws).

Cause the league average is right around 25 to 35 points in 82 games...

No one is going to trade an equal Center that cheaper or younger than Stoll for Stoll.
Not that I'm saying to move stoll, but this opens up a RW spot for toffoli by moving Richards to the 3rd and carter to center on the 2nd.

Edit...black beat me to it

Old
06-25-2013, 12:49 AM
damacles1156

Quote:
Which looks better?

Kopi
Richards
Stoll

or

Kopi
Carter
Richards?

I know you don't think Carter will be moved to his natural position of being a center, but by moving him to 2C and Richards to 3C, not only do you upgrade offensively, cut salary, but you also now create a 2RW open for Toffoli.
Too weak on the Wings, again you don't move Richards to a third line roll cause you want a Rookie to play his natural position.

Richards/Carter will remain and Frattin will be put on their line.

If Bud Holloway signs....Then that is more feasible.

That will allow the Kings to have quality Wingers on Richards line.

Old
06-25-2013, 12:53 AM
HYORI 1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Too weak on the Wings, again you don't move Richards to a third line roll cause you want a Rookie to play his natural position.

Not weak at all. We are a better team with Richards as our 3C and that's all that matters.

Old
06-25-2013, 12:54 AM
Fishhead

I don't know if I would move Carter to center after how he filled the net up last year. When's the last time any King has even been close to the Richard trophy?

Stoll can always be moved to the 4th if they want to spread offense around. He gets a lot of his ice time on the PK anyways.

Old
damacles1156

Everyone is always talking about how bad the Kings bottom six Wingers suck....

Now everyone wants to saddle Richards with them.....Why ?

Old
Winger23

Quote:

I'm not so sure about this. Why is it more feasable with holloway over toffoli? Toffoli has already shown he belongs which is more than holloway at this point.

Old
markisonfire

I don't get it. Who are the best third line centers in the league, in everyone's opinion? Stoll chips in offensively, is good defensively, and is money on faceoffs. He was 77th amongst centers according to NHL.com, which notoriously mislabels player positions, so odds are some wingers are on that list (like Jeff Carter). He's also a leader on this team at a reasonable cap hit. What more do people want from him?

Old
06-25-2013, 12:56 AM
markisonfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger23 View Post
I'm not so sure about this. Why is it more feasable with holloway over toffoli? Toffoli has already shown he belongs which is more than holloway at this point.
Who plays left wing with Carter and Toffoli, then? Frattin?

Old
06-25-2013, 12:57 AM
damacles1156

Quote:
Holloway gives the Kings more depth on the Wings.....

There fore you won't saddle Richards with Crappy wingers.

You can do

Brown/Kopitar/Williams
Frattin/Carter/Toffoli
Holloway/Richards/Lewis

Something like that.

You people really want to give Richards terrible Wingers and call it a day.

Then the whole season when Richards isn't scoring and no one on his line does. You all are going to be pissed off.

Richards is not going to turn a line with Crappy wingers into a good one. Just cause people say so.

People complain all the time how much Lewis/King/Clifford/Nolan Suck

Then you guys want them to play with arguable the Kings Best Center come crunch time.

Old
06-25-2013, 12:59 AM
Winger23

Quote:
Everyone is always talking about how bad the Kings bottom six Wingers suck....

Now everyone wants to saddle Richards with them.....Why ?
Imo its not that, its trying to improve them. It's finding a way to upgrade. If it means being able to keep scuderi I think you have to seriously consider it.

Old
CNS
A World Alone

Stoll isn't moving. And Carter isn't playing center. Anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional.

Also, the cup is over? Why haven't the mods updated the forums for the new divisions?!?!?!?!!?!?!?

Old
HYORI 1963
Grit & Character

Brown-Kopi-Williams
2LW-Carter-Toffoli
Frattin-Richards-Lewis
Clifford-Fraser-Nolan

Our best line could be our 3rd line. A whole lot of speed there.

Old
06-25-2013, 01:00 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by markisonfire View Post
I don't get it. Who are the best third line centers in the league, in everyone's opinion? Stoll chips in offensively, is good defensively, and is money on faceoffs. He was 77th amongst centers according to NHL.com, which notoriously mislabels player positions, so odds are some wingers are on that list (like Jeff Carter). He's also a leader on this team at a reasonable cap hit. What more do people want from him?
It really is puzzling to me that so many want to easily and readily get rid of him. Look at a player like Bolland and how he pulled through for the Hawks, and him and Stoll are very much comparable. Who would you guys rather have as the #3 center on the team? I think people sometimes get way too enamored by prospects and think that they could easily step in and replace seasoned vets without a hitch.

Are you guys forgetting how terribly outplayed the Kings were in their own end and how outmatched they were on faceoffs when Stoll was out? It was painful to watch.

Old
06-25-2013, 01:00 AM
damacles1156

Quote:
Brown-Kopi-Williams
2LW-Carter-Toffoli
Frattin-Richards-Lewis
Clifford-Fraser-Nolan
Who is your 2nd LW ? You have to ice one.

Old
06-25-2013, 01:03 AM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
It really is puzzling to me that so many want to easily and readily get rid of him. Look at a player like Bolland and how he pulled through for the Hawks, and him and Stoll are very much comparable. Who would you guys rather have as the #3 center on the team? I think people sometimes get way too enamored by prospects and think that they could easily step in and replace seasoned vets without a hitch.

Are you guys forgetting how terribly outplayed the Kings were in their own end and how outmatched they were on faceoffs when Stoll was out? It was painful to watch.
Short Memory, it almost cost the Kings the series, cause they couldn't win a freaking faceoff.

Old
06-25-2013, 01:03 AM
HYORI 1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
I think you're the only one considering putting Richards with terrible wingers. No one's even thinking that other than you.

Old
06-25-2013, 01:04 AM
damacles1156

Quote:
I think you're the only one considering putting Richards with terrible wingers. No one's even thinking that other than you.
You lineup has a hole in it so, your the one suggesting lineups out of fantasy land.

Put together a lineup that is full with Richards not getting saddled with our garbage bottom six....

I await your response.

Old
06-25-2013, 01:04 AM
Winger23

Quote:
Holloway gives the Kings more depth on the Wings.....

There fore you won't saddle Richards with Crappy wingers.

You can do

Brown/Kopitar/Williams
Frattin/Carter/Toffoli
Holloway/Richards/Lewis

Something like that.

Then the whole season when Richards isn't scoring and no one on his line does. You all are going to be pissed off.

Richards is not going to turn a line with Crappy wingers into a good one. Just cause people say so.
I didn't say I supported trading stoll just coming up with things that could work. I'm not happy with the production on the bottom 6 either but keeping them the same as last year isn't going to fix it either.

If the wings can't produce with Richards then they need to go. You are viewing it as it sucking for Richards where I'm trying to do anything to improve the 3rd line, and Richards is an upgrade over stoll.

Old
06-25-2013, 01:06 AM
Winger23

Quote:
Originally Posted by markisonfire View Post
Who plays left wing with Carter and Toffoli, then? Frattin?
Who plays left wing with Richards and carter? They are still missing a solid lw and the onew stoll makes could mean the kings could before holloway and scuds.

Old
06-25-2013, 01:06 AM
HYORI 1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Short Memory, it almost cost the Kings the series, cause they couldn't win a freaking faceoff.
Yeah, you do have a short memory because we DID win the series in which Stoll was absent and DID lose to the hawx with Stoll. Not blaming Stoll here, but if we're going to improve our offense, moving Stoll would be a good start.

Old
06-25-2013, 01:07 AM
damacles1156

Quote:
I didn't say I supported trading stoll just coming up with things that could work. I'm not happy with the production on the bottom 6 either but keeping them the same as last year isn't going to fix it either.

If the wings can't produce with Richards then they need to go. You are viewing it as it sucking for Richards where I'm trying to do anything to improve the 3rd line, and Richards is an upgrade over stoll.

Richards would no doubt bolster the third line, but say you cut Stoll.

It only free's up 3mill now you have to fill that roster hole.

What top six Winger is going to go for 3mill on the open market.

No one is going to trade you one...

It's not like Stoll makes 5 million, Now that would be something too look at if that was the case.

Old
06-25-2013, 01:08 AM
HYORI 1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
You lineup has a hole in it so, your the one suggesting lineups out of fantasy land.

Put together a lineup that is full with Richards not getting saddled with our garbage bottom six....

I await your response.
Dude, we don't have a 2LW with Richards and Carter on our second line, so, let's not talk out of our ass.

Old
06-25-2013, 01:08 AM
deeshamrock

Quote:
Which looks better?
Kopi
Richards
Stoll

or

Kopi
Carter
Richards?

Which looks better:
Kopi
Richards-Carter
Stoll
Vey

Moving Richards to 3C and putting TT on 2nd line doesn't increase your offense. That second line you created, without a LW, has no playmaker. TT and carter are both shooters. There's no balance there. And unless you put top 6 wingers with Richards, there's no offense coming there either. I've seen that once already in philly and it wasted a whole year of his career.

This past season, was the best and most complete I've ever seen Carter play. And putting up a ton of goals was only part of that, but a large reason for it was that having Richards as the playmaker, gave Carter the freedom to score. And he likes playing RW with Richards at center. They're good together, the create a lot of offense. And playing RW never hindered him on the ice or where and how he skated. Had this been a full 82 game season, Carter at RW could have potted 45 or more goals. A good line needs to be balanced, TT with Carter doesn't do that.
For a handful of games with their backs to the wall in a WCF with adrenalin pumping , they had to push the envelope and they did.. And Carter was great, realizing he was the only healthy center , he stepped up like a vet should.

But that doesn't take away all the great things he accomplished this year at RW feeding off of a very clever playmaking center who (at Carter has pointed out ) goes to the corners and does the dirty work. He creates, and Carter capitalizes , it works.

Toffoli is very talented player, we all saw his potential. And I'm sure Sutter saw it too. Eventually, he should be on Kopi's line . Kopi's the best center on the team, doesn't he deserve a skilled sniper ? Why not put him RW on line 1 and move Brown to LW on L1 or L2?

Stoll does his job at 3C and is great on faceoffs, PK and defensive zone starts. That's what a 3C does, he shuits down /protects the lead, the zone.
Vey will get his feet wet for a couple of years at 4C and then move up.

Closed Thread