HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Hide your RFA defenseman from the Flyers.

Closed Thread

Old
06-09-2013, 12:24 PM
HooliganX2

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
I love how everyone says the Flyers don't have cap space

Buying out Briere, trading Mezsaros and putting Pronger on LTIR gives us roughly $13m in cap space. Hell, if we buy-out Bryz this summer (which I don't think will happen), we'll have $18.5m in cap space

So please, stop with the "Flyers don't have cap space to do anything" BS
I could care less about how much cap space philly has. My point is there is no chance Philly gets Pietrangelo. St Louis will match anything for him. The only way Philly ends up with Shattenkirk is if they pay him number one defenseman money. If they give Shattenkirk #1 defenseman money they are stupid.

Old
06-09-2013, 12:25 PM
JABEE

Quote:
Originally Posted by avsfan89 View Post
Offer sheets may be matched, but it does screw up your internal budget when moron GM's over-offer on that contract.

As an Avs fan, I'm still reeling over Ryan O'Reilly's contract. People like Holmgren and Feaster must be thorns in every Gm's side.
Don't include offer sheets in the CBA. Collusion is bad.

Old
06-09-2013, 12:26 PM
Celtic Note
Thanks very little

If there were any chance that the Blues would loose Petro, then they would just sign the offer sheet and take their chances at loosing Shattenkirk.

Any belief in the Flyers landing Petro are both hopeless and illogical.

Old
06-09-2013, 12:29 PM
Celtic Note
Thanks very little

Quote:
Originally Posted by HooliganX2 View Post
I could care less about how much cap space philly has. My point is there is no chance Philly gets Pietrangelo. St Louis will match anything for him. The only way Philly ends up with Shattenkirk is if they pay him number one defenseman money. If they give Shattenkirk #1 defenseman money they are stupid.
No kidding. That would be a slight upgrade over Matt Carle for more money. Its pretty obvious in my mind that Shattenkirk would not solve their defensive woes.

Old
06-09-2013, 01:03 PM
Insulin

Quote:
Offer sheets may be matched, but it does screw up your internal budget when moron GM's over-offer on that contract.

As an Avs fan, I'm still reeling over Ryan O'Reilly's contract. People like Holmgren and Feaster must be thorns in every Gm's side.
Whose fault is that though? The Avs were okay with letting him sit out, if the contract was such an over-offer why not just take the compensation?

Old
06-09-2013, 01:05 PM
Che vy Teemuchuk

Funny to see Bogo's name in this Ed Snider boogeyman thread. We'll give Bogo whatever he wants for however long he wants and we have the cap space to do it and do Little/Burmi/Wheeler. Plus have cap space to make a medium sized splash going after a cap dump/UFA if Chevy and Chipman decides this summer is the time.

You guys need to see the gif of Chipman & Thomson celebrating after Bogo beat the Leafs long into a shootout in T-dot. They're running Jets as a business to make money, but I don't think we can discount the desire of the richest ownership in NHL to keep and play with their toys. Ed Snider will be in his grave long before Philly gets a shot at Bogo as a UFA.

Old
06-09-2013, 01:07 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:

Shouldn't the player/agent and the team that let it get that far take some blame too?

Old
06-09-2013, 01:10 PM
Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by JABEE View Post
Yep. St. Louis is probably going to have to pay in some way. They would probably try to work out a trade first, but the Flyers are going to go after both of their guys. I'm interested to see what the Flyers strategy will be, because they can really only sign one.
Flyers with both Shattenkirk and Petro would be a scary team.

06-09-2013, 01:10 PM
King Woodballs
**** HFJets

vCash: 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vander Teemuchuk View Post
Funny to see Bogo's name in this Ed Snider boogeyman thread. We'll give Bogo whatever he wants for however long he wants and we have the cap space to do it and do Little/Burmi/Wheeler. Plus have cap space to make a medium sized splash going after a cap dump/UFA if Chevy and Chipman decides this summer is the time.

You guys need to see the gif of Chipman & Thomson celebrating after Bogo beat the Leafs long into a shootout in T-dot. They're running Jets as a business to make money, but I don't think we can discount the desire of the richest ownership in NHL to keep and play with their toys. Ed Snider will be in his grave long before Philly gets a shot at Bogo as a UFA.

Old
06-09-2013, 01:11 PM
FanHabtic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
The only realistic chance we have at Pietrangelo is if he and his agent are demanding too much from the Blues. They might not be comfortable giving him the length or money he is demanding. That really is the only chance the Flyers or any other team has to getting the Blues to trade him. We have the top young roster players(Couts) plus a nice pick(11th overall) and a couple of defender who can help replace the lose of Piety(Coburn/Mez/Grossman). Now I am not saying it happens, but I will not say it doesn't have a chance. Same thing with Weber last year. Never say never.
There is 100% no chance. Just like Weber - no chance. Teams never trade young #1 dmen who have franchise potential. It just doesn't happen.

Old
06-09-2013, 01:19 PM
Mr Misty
The Irons Are Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curufinwe View Post
Unless he scores 60+ points this season, B Schenn's cap hit should go down. Homer should sign him to a two year, $5 million bridge contract similar (but smaller than) the one PK Subban got since Subban is an obviously superior player.
Slight tangent, but doesn't the RFA have to be offered a raise in the QO? The Mason Raymond case was unusual IIRC because he accepted less money as an RFA, and I don't think Schenn would be interested in that.

Old
06-09-2013, 01:22 PM
bleedblue1223
Fire Army

vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Misty View Post
Slight tangent, but doesn't the RFA have to be offered a raise in the QO? The Mason Raymond case was unusual IIRC because he accepted less money as an RFA, and I don't think Schenn would be interested in that.
Qualifying offer is a 10% raise, but they can agree to a lower contract, like the Blues and Stewart. I only see that happening if a player has a disastrous season like Stewart did though.

Old
06-09-2013, 01:25 PM
Petes2424

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
If they even TRY and offer sheet Slava Voynov....
They will target him along with guys like Brenden Smith. If Philly wants to do something nuts, it's going to ultimately bite them. One team is NOT going to match and Philly is gonna have to pony up.

Old
06-09-2013, 01:25 PM
SchennSational1022*
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmale View Post
I know if I was Nashville I would go after their RFAs with slightly overpaid contracts(ones that you would be stupid not to match, but more then you want to spend) that expire when the player hits UFA age
Yea, go ahead Ed Snider has more money than god. People are so ******** over this still....

No offersheets will happen because we cant front load one like we did last year. I see us working out a deal for Shattenkirk, a trade that is b

Old
06-09-2013, 01:26 PM
StevensCakeBakerBacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by HooliganX2 View Post
How much less could you care?

Old
06-09-2013, 01:29 PM
FanHabtic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchennSational1022 View Post
Yea, go ahead Ed Snider has more money than god. People are so ******** over this still....

No offersheets will happen because we cant front load one like we did last year. I see us working out a deal for Shattenkirk, a trade that is b
They should retaliate. Not to actually acquire the player but to mess with Philly's cap knowing they will match!

Old
06-09-2013, 01:33 PM
bleedblue1223
Fire Army

Quote:

Couts or Schenn don't get Shattenkirk IMO. Schenn was really good in February and didn't produce much of anything in any other month. Couturier has still failed to show much of any offensive production. At this point, we could end up losing offensive production by trading Shattenkirk for them.

Old
06-09-2013, 01:34 PM
SchennSational1022*
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanHabtic View Post
They should retaliate. Not to actually acquire the player but to mess with Philly's cap knowing they will match!
You realize the player has to actually sign it right? This will never happen lol

Old
06-09-2013, 01:35 PM
StevensCakeBakerBacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
I wonder if they have pissed teams off enough with offer sheets that some team tries to sign Matt Read
Teams try to sign players because it makes their team better, not because they're ********.

Old
06-09-2013, 01:37 PM
Petes2424

Quote:
You realize the player has to actually sign it right? This will never happen lol
Why would it "never" happen? Philly as an organization has lost a lot of respect from players over the last few years and like it or not, they're doing it again with their nutbag goaltender. Loyalty is at an all time low and respect is wavering too. Philly has little.

Old
06-09-2013, 01:38 PM
Roo Mad Bro
U havin a giggle m8?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
Couts or Schenn don't get Shattenkirk IMO. Schenn was really good in February and didn't produce much of anything in any other month. Couturier has still failed to show much of any offensive production. At this point, we could end up losing offensive production by trading Shattenkirk for them.
Yes, because players just stagnate in offensive production at ages 20 and 21.

Old
06-09-2013, 01:38 PM
Che vy Teemuchuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManOnASilverMountain View Post
Haha. There it is. Awesome work.

And Snider may outlive us all if the impression I get from this thread is true. That Snider does not intend to actually play the young stud defender on the Flyers but will instead suck the life force out of him to live for decades longer. The legendary Sniderman routine is getting a bit old and stale.

Old
06-09-2013, 01:39 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanHabtic View Post
1. They still have to reach the open market (which rarely happens under the Flyers watch).

2. The player still has to accept the other teams deal and take the risk the Flyers might not match it.

3. We're still waiting for retribution from Vancouver for the Kessler OS from years ago.

Old
06-09-2013, 01:39 PM
bleedblue1223
Fire Army

Quote:
Blues did that to the Canucks after they gave Backes an offer sheet before he broke out. They gave Bernier a 1 year offer sheet at a higher rate than Vancouver wanted.

Old
06-09-2013, 01:40 PM
SchennSational1022*
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
For the time being possibly, but apparently you didnt watch Schenn. He was on pace for like 45 points in an 82 game season. He was above PPG 20 games into the season. He was very streaky and after that he went 12 games without a point. He was also being weighed down by Briere all season on his line, yea Briere was that bad all year. Schenn was on pace for 45 points in a very inconsistent second season for a 21 year old. Its really not that crazy to think he can score 60-65 next season...he will hover arouns 65-75 points a season in 2 years. His offense isnt up for question IMO. When he doesnt atruggle to find consistency like most young players, hes gonna be the best player on our team besides G. I am not trading him for anyone.

Couturier is a different story. Hes 20 years old and struggled in his second season. No surprises there, its amazing how this board has made it seem like hell never be more than a Jay McClement type of center. Theres a reason he had the highest PPG from his draft year, and is one of the smartest young players in the league. His vision on the ice is better than anyone on our teams besides G, and his offense will come. I totally understand why you wouldnt trade Shatty for him though, but you are indeed selling both of these players short.

Closed Thread