HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Buffalo - Edmonton

Old
06-09-2013, 02:30 AM
Nuke

vCash: 500
Buffalo - Edmonton

To Buffalo:

- Jordan Eberle
- Ales Hemsky
- 7th Overall

To Edmonton:

- Ryan Miller
- Tyler Myers
- Tyler Ennis
- 16th Overall

Sabres take on Hemsky's salary and use him as trade bait for the 2014 Trade Deadline.

Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2013, 05:11 AM
Oiltankjob Fail
Eakins GTFO

Nope

Oiltankjob Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2013, 05:15 AM
Shoey
Hello.

I like Eberle, but I see little point in the Sabres trading 2 young players for one when they're in re-building mode. I counter by taking Myers off the table and hope that you don't hang up.

in fact let's just simplify the whole thing.

Eberle
Hemsky

Miller
Ennis

Shoey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2013, 05:19 AM
Shoey
Hello.

I realize the value is way off on the deal, but I'm honestly not that interested. I don't see either Ennis or Hemsky as a franchise defining player, I'm only listening because it gets me closer to the top 5.

Old
06-09-2013, 05:35 AM
Fourier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoey View Post
I like Eberle, but I see little point in the Sabres trading 2 young players for one when they're in re-building mode. I counter by taking Myers off the table and hope that you don't hang up.

Eberle
Hemsky

Miller
Ennis
Ennis is exactly the type of player the Oilers do not want. No chance the Oilers make this deal, especially with Miller being one year away from free agency.

Fourier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2013, 05:41 AM
Shoey
Hello.

That's what I assumed and I really don't want to trade Myers unless it's part of a larger plot to get into the top 5. I'd prefer if a team would just do a swap + Myers to be honest.

As bad as Myers was this year, you can't give up potential like that unless it's coming back in the form of another player with superstar potential.

how many guys out there are 6'8 and can skate like he can? If he'd only get his act together he could dominate the league for the next 10 years. He's an incredibly frustrating player to watch flounder because we know he's capable of so much more.

Old
06-09-2013, 06:16 AM
Fourier

I don't think that the original deal makes a very good basis for a trade to be honest.

The Oilers are not really in a position to be trading a guy like Eberle for a risky return. Myers had a terrific rookie year, and his combination of size and mobility is certainly attractive. But there is too much downside risk here for a franchise that needs to make this rebuild work.

If the Oilers are dealing Eberle now it will be in a package for more of a sure thing to be a high impact player. Someone like Weber fits the bill. Not saying that this is likely to happen, or that Eberle is enough, but that is more what I think of when the possibility of moving one of the big 5 is in play. Eberle is a huge fan favourite, and the Oilers need to be careful not to risk further alienating what is by now a pretty frustrated fan base.

That #7 is also an interesting piece for the Oilers. Depending on who is left it is either a key part of the rebuild or something I think they would move easily. If Monahan is there at #7 I doubt they would move it without a lot coming back. If all the centers are gone and the choice looks like Nichuskin, I think they would try to move back a few spots an pick Horvat or Lazar. But I don't think they will move the pick early unless the return is significant.

Fourier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2013, 07:07 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuke View Post
To Buffalo:

- Jordan Eberle
- Ales Hemsky
- 7th Overall

To Edmonton:

- Ryan Miller
- Tyler Myers
- Tyler Ennis
- 16th Overall

Sabres take on Hemsky's salary and use him as trade bait for the 2014 Trade Deadline.
We don't need a goalie, let alone a struggling and overpaid one. So take Miller out.
Hemmer is worth a 2nd in some people's books so you're saying that the difference between Eberle + 7th overall is Ennis + Myers?

Get real.

No way Edmonton wants any part of this.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2013, 08:13 AM
Timbo Slice
Tank Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
We don't need a goalie, let alone a struggling and overpaid one. So take Miller out.
Hemmer is worth a 2nd in some people's books so you're saying that the difference between Eberle + 7th overall is Ennis + Myers?

Get real.

Struggling and overpaid? Oh geez It's pretty simple. Miller is not a struggling goalie.

Last edited by SnS: 06-09-2013 at 11:25 AM.
Timbo Slice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2013, 08:21 AM
HiddenInLight

I wouldn't take this deal from a buffalo POV. This makes ZERO sense for a team that is rebuilding to do.

HiddenInLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2013, 08:25 AM
duffy9748

From an outsider this looks like Buffalo is giving up too much. Myers has regressed a little but his value should still be pretty high. Throw Miller on a contending team and he is right back in the conversation for top goaltenders in the game.

duffy9748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2013, 08:56 AM
stokes84

Send a message via AIM to stokes84
Quote:

Get real.

Struggling?

stokes84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2013, 09:10 AM
LeHabsMan

To Edmonton:
Tyler Myers
Tyler Ennis
16th overall 2013
69th overall 2013

To Buffalo:
Jordan Eberle
Ales Hemsky
7th overall 2013

I see:

Eberle = Myers
Ennis, 16th and 69th = 7th and Hemsky

LeHabsMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2013, 09:43 AM
Trafalgar Law
Waive Dallas Eakins

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeHabsMan View Post
To Edmonton:
Tyler Myers
Tyler Ennis
16th overall 2013
69th overall 2013

To Buffalo:
Jordan Eberle
Ales Hemsky
7th overall 2013

I see:

Eberle = Myers
No from the Oilers Eberle>>Myers quite handily and we have no need for Ennis.

Trafalgar Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2013, 10:14 AM
NAF
Beauty Fakes

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeHabsMan View Post
To Edmonton:
Tyler Myers
Tyler Ennis
16th overall 2013
69th overall 2013

To Buffalo:
Jordan Eberle
Ales Hemsky
7th overall 2013

I see:

Eberle = Myers
Maybe stop making proposals including Ennis. The Oilers need to add players who have size as well as skill. Ennis is 5'8" and 160 pounds. There is no way in the world that there is a deal to be made if he's part of it.

NAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2013, 10:22 AM
Oiltankjob Fail
Eakins GTFO

Quote:

Eberle
Hemsky

Miller
Ennis
Just as bad as the op's

Oiltankjob Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2013, 10:35 AM
Sabretip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuke View Post
To Buffalo:

- Jordan Eberle
- Ales Hemsky
- 7th Overall

To Edmonton:

- Ryan Miller
- Tyler Myers
- Tyler Ennis
- 16th Overall

From Sabres POV, I'd definitely jump on such an offer. That said......

Quote:
I counter by taking Myers off the table and hope that you don't hang up.
Quote:
That's what I assumed and I really don't want to trade Myers unless it's part of a larger plot to get into the top 5. I'd prefer if a team would just do a swap + Myers to be honest.

As bad as Myers was this year, you can't give up potential like that unless it's coming back in the form of another player with superstar potential.

how many guys out there are 6'8 and can skate like he can? If he'd only get his act together he could dominate the league for the next 10 years. He's an incredibly frustrating player to watch flounder because we know he's capable of so much more.
....I just can't see Regier being willing to give up Myers, even for Eberle and the 7th pick. The only scenario I could envision Regier remotely considering trading Myers is for the 1st pick where he would then select Jones as the successor to Myers as Buffalo's future # 1 defenseman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourier View Post
Ennis is exactly the type of player the Oilers do not want.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAF View Post
Maybe stop making proposals including Ennis. The Oilers need to add players who have size as well as skill. Ennis is 5'8" and 160 pounds. There is no way in the world that there is a deal to be made if he's part of it.
Based on what MacTavish has said about the Oilers needing to add more size and grit, I would expect Ennis' inclusion in any offers wouldn't hold any appeal.

Quote:
According to MacTavish's recent radio interview, he is seeking a goalie - the question is more as to whether Miller would disqualify a trade to Edmonton as one of the 6 teams he won't accept. One would think he wouldn't want to move from one rebuilding organization to another.

Sabretip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2013, 11:00 AM
Revelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretip View Post
From Sabres POV, I'd definitely jump on such an offer. That said......

....I just can't see Regier being willing to give up Myers, even for Eberle and the 7th pick. The only scenario I could envision Regier remotely considering trading Myers is for the 1st pick where he would then select Jones as the successor to Myers as Buffalo's future # 1 defenseman.

Based on what MacTavish has said about the Oilers needing to add more size and grit, I would expect Ennis' inclusion in any offers wouldn't hold any appeal.

According to MacTavish's recent radio interview, he is seeking a goalie - the question is more as to whether Miller would disqualify a trade to Edmonton as one of the 6 teams he won't accept. One would think he wouldn't want to move from one rebuilding organization to another.
Agree on the Ennis point. Not 100% sure on the Miller comments. Edmonton is nearing the end of their rebuild while we are just beginning. Edmonton is also a lot shorter trip to LA.

Revelate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2013, 11:12 AM
sabrescupbound

If there's one team that could go from zero to hero with a trade from Buffalo in my opinion, it would be Edmonton. If they add a top notch goalie like Miller and a veteran that could score 40 goals like Vanek, they could easily win there division. So I would propose from Buffalo,

Buffalo

Miller (at half cap)
Vanek
Hodgson

Edmonton

Eberle
Paajarvi
8th
2014 1st
Maybe some tweaking, But that's where I'd start

sabrescupbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2013, 11:23 AM
Kaen

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrescupbound View Post
If there's one team that could go from zero to hero with a trade from Buffalo in my opinion, it would be Edmonton. If they add a top notch goalie like Miller and a veteran that could score 40 goals like Vanek, they could easily win there division. So I would propose from Buffalo,

Buffalo

Miller (at half cap)
Vanek
Hodgson

Edmonton

Eberle
Paajarvi
8th
2014 1st
This is awful for the Oilers.
-They have little interest in Miller unless he is willing to sign an extension
-Vanek is a great player, but they don't need scoring wingers one year from being a UFA, unless maybe an extension were agreed upon first
-If you were looking for the team that had the least interest in Hodgson, the Oilers would be a good bet. Good young skilled center, but RNH has a much higher potential and Gagner is a very similar player. The Oilers just don't need another soft skilled center.

Kaen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2013, 11:29 AM
couture23
Sabres & Red Sox

Quote:

Buffalo

Miller (at half cap)
Vanek
Hodgson

Edmonton

Eberle
Paajarvi
8th
2014 1st
We can't trade Hodgson, we have no quality centres as it is.

EDIT: Why do you guys have to go around making these blockbuster trades? They will never happen. Never.

couture23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2013, 11:47 AM
sabrescupbound

Quote:
Originally Posted by couture23 View Post
We can't trade Hodgson, we have no quality centres as it is.

EDIT: Why do you guys have to go around making these blockbuster trades? They will never happen. Never.

Eberle would replace him. Buffalo could take Hodgson out and replace with another piece.

sabrescupbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2013, 12:21 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Eberle would replace him. Buffalo could take Hodgson out and replace with another piece.
Uh, how? Hodgson is our only natural NHL center. But I'm sure Vanek-Porter-Eberle would be a great first line.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote