HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs' off-season moves (all trades, proposals & free agent talk here) V

Closed Thread

Old
06-14-2013, 08:57 PM
TT1

vCash: 934
-trade plek for stewart(extend to 4.8M for 5 years) + 2nd rounder (value-wise this trade has been ok'ed by blues fans). another alternative is trading for oshie and have him play at center and chucky as a winger. i personally prefer stewart over oshie
-trade diaz for someone's 1st rounder (or w/e value you think is right, we don't really need to trade diaz either. i just thought he over performed last season and wanted to trade him while his value was high)
-trade moen for w/e
-buyout/trade kaberle

-sign boyd gordon for 3years @ 1.7M
-sign ryan jones for 3 years @ 1.7M
-sign stalberg/bickell for 3-4 years @ 3.5M-4M (sadly it'll be closer to 4M, we have the cap room anyways and were gonna lose alot of contracts next year)
__________________________________________________ ______________________

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Max Pacioretty ($4.500m) / Lars Eller ($1.325m) / Chris Stewart ($4.800m)
Rene Bourque ($3.333m) / Alex Galchenyuk ($3.225m) / Brendan Gallagher ($0.870m)
Viktor Stalberg or Bryan Bickell ($4.000m) / David Desharnais ($3.500m) / Brian Gionta ($5.000m)
Brandon Prust ($2.500m) / Boyd Gordon ($1.700m) / Ryan Jones ($1.700m)
Ryan White ($0.722m) /

DEFENSEMEN
Alexei Emelin ($2.000m) / P.K. Subban ($2.875m)
Andrei Markov ($5.750m) / Jarred Tinordi ($1.083m)
Josh Gorges ($3.900m) / Francis Bouillon ($1.500m)
Davis Drewiske ($0.638m) /

GOALTENDERS
Carey Price ($6.500m)
Peter Budaj ($1.400m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $62,720,208; BONUSES: $2,697,500
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $4,277,292

i would be extremely happy with this type of lineup, it also leaves us with alot of cap-room for when we'll have to renegotiate with subban/eller/gallagher

Last edited by TT1: 06-15-2013 at 12:47 AM.
Old
06-14-2013, 09:18 PM
68*

vCash: 500
Horton, Scuderi, Torres, McGrattan

Do it Bergevin.

Old
06-14-2013, 09:20 PM
TT1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 View Post
Horton, Scuderi, Torres, McGrattan

Do it Bergevin.
horton is gonna be soooooo expensive after his playoff performance, at the very least 5M. thats too much for an injury prone player

Old
06-14-2013, 09:35 PM
HCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by TT1 View Post
-trade plek for stewart(extend to 4.8M for 5 years) + 2nd rounder (trade has been agreed upon with blues fans). another alternative is trading for oshie and have him play at center and chucky as a winger. i personally prefer stewart over oshie much more
-trade diaz for someone's 1st rounder
-trade moen for w/e
-buyout/trade kaberle

-sign boyd gordon for 3years @ 1.7M
-sign ryan jones for 3 years @ 1.7M
-sign stalberg/bickell for 3-4 years @ 4M (sadly, we have the cap room anyways and were gonna lose alot of contracts next year)
__________________________________________________ _____________________
Where do these kinds of ideas come from?

Old
06-14-2013, 09:37 PM
TT1

Quote:
Originally Posted by HCH View Post
which ideas? imo these are pretty standard moves. i basically signed 2 solid 4th liners, traded plek and signed a solid top 9 forward

Old
06-14-2013, 09:40 PM
PricerStopDaPuck
#PrayForBozon

Had a talk and autograph with moen today. Very nice guy

Old
06-14-2013, 09:57 PM
WhiskeySeven
Retired. Bye.

vCash: 300
Quote:
Quote:
which ideas? imo these are pretty standard moves. i basically signed 2 solid 4th liners, traded plek and signed a solid top 9 forward
Agreed.

His moves were among the more conservative moves that I've seen on HF. Also take in account that if the Leafs can make the playoff and go further than us with Bozak and Grabovski, maybe we can survive if we trade Pleks as well. Not that I want to trade Pleks but just an idea.

Old
06-14-2013, 09:58 PM
WhiskeySeven
Retired. Bye.

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by galchenyuktocollberg View Post
Had a talk and autograph with moen today. Very nice guy
Did he look like he just came off a five month bender?

Old
06-14-2013, 10:02 PM
Odelein24

Quote:
Still need a move on D, Bouillon is still in the too 6 and we're 1 injury away from looking like last year.

Old
06-14-2013, 10:04 PM
TT1

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Agreed.

His moves were among the more conservative moves that I've seen on HF. Also take in account that if the Leafs can make the playoff and go further than us with Bozak and Grabovski, maybe we can survive if we trade Pleks as well. Not that I want to trade Pleks but just an idea.
and like i mentioned, value-wise the plek move has been agreed upon with blues fans (just comes down to whether or not your comfortable with trading plek for a big, skillful 25 year old winger.. which makes sense to me, especially when you factor in our depth in center. there aren't alot of players like stewart available):
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...ekanec+stewart

anywho i really hope we sign jones, love him. he adds so much depth as a 4th liner

Last edited by TT1: 06-14-2013 at 11:13 PM.
Old
06-14-2013, 10:08 PM
TT1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odelein24 View Post
Still need a move on D, Bouillon is still in the too 6 and we're 1 injury away from looking like last year.
tbh i was impressed with drewiske's play last year, if an injury happens im sure georges could move up and id be comfortable with drewiske taking his spot. anywho theres still like 4M+ caproom to play around with, could always add a solid depth D like murray

Old
06-14-2013, 10:08 PM
PricerStopDaPuck
#PrayForBozon

Quote:
Did he look like he just came off a five month bender?
Last I saw of him he was sitting on the bathroom floor with a Texas mickey replaying the Wayne simmonds fight crying.

Old
06-14-2013, 10:14 PM
Lshap

Quote:
-trade plek for stewart(extend to 4.8M for 5 years) + 2nd rounder (trade has been agreed upon with blues fans). another alternative is trading for oshie and have him play at center and chucky as a winger. i personally prefer stewart over oshie much more
If you checked out the Blues board, you'll notice most Blues fans consider Stewart to be very streaky and not a smart player. Yes, he's a big RW who put up very good points, but it sounds like we'll get as much out of him as with Ryder. Tempting, I admit, but we'd lose more than we gain by trading the two-way value of Pleks, even with another 2nd-round pick.

Quote:
horton is gonna be soooooo expensive after his playoff performance, at the very least 5M. thats too much for an injury prone player
That's the thing - he is injury-prone. Just like Clowe. Massively tempting for the talent, massively risky for the real chance at having that talent on the IR. Horton's too good to NOT get a good contract, but he's too close to a career-ending concussion to get a big overpayment.

Old
06-14-2013, 10:19 PM
ECWHSWI
bought a MB jersey

Quote:
and like i mentioned, value-wise the plek move has been agreed upon with blues fans (just comes down to whether or not your comfortable with trading plek for a big, skillful 25 year old winger.. which makes sense to me, especially when you factor in our depth in center. there arnt alot of players like stewart available):
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...ekanec+stewart

anywho i really hope we sign jones, love him. he adds so much depth as a 4th liner
may want to tell that to Blues managament!

Old
06-14-2013, 10:26 PM
TT1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lshap View Post
If you checked out the Blues board, you'll notice most Blues fans consider Stewart to be very streaky and not a smart player. Yes, he's a big RW who put up very good points, but it sounds like we'll get as much out of him as with Ryder. Tempting, I admit, but we'd lose more than we gain by trading the two-way value of Pleks, even with another 2nd-round pick.

That's the thing - he is injury-prone. Just like Clowe. Massively tempting for the talent, massively risky for the real chance at having that talent on the IR. Horton's too good to NOT get a good contract, but he's too close to a career-ending concussion to get a big overpayment.
im ready to take that risk on stewart, i feel like we desperately need a big top 6 winger. bobby ryan could be another possibility

Old
06-14-2013, 10:27 PM
HCH

Quote:
Agreed.

Pleks for Stewart and a draft choice
Diaz for a first rounder
Stalberg for $4 million per year

Trading Pleks and taking a chance on Stewart wouldn't be a conservative move.
Diaz for a first rounder is wishful thinking.
Stalberg for $4 million is ludicrous

Old
06-14-2013, 10:28 PM
JPGoHabsGo

How was Wade Redden this year?

could he be a stop gap?

Old
06-14-2013, 10:34 PM
TT1

Quote:
Pleks for Stewart and a draft choice
Diaz for a first rounder
Stalberg for $4 million per year

Trading Pleks and taking a chance on Stewart wouldn't be a conservative move.
Diaz for a first rounder is wishful thinking.
Stalberg for $4 million is ludicrous
loooool your just nit-picking now, st.louis has a desperate need for a center and with our depth in center i felt like this would be a good long term move. trade diaz(or keep him for all i care) for w/e you want and sign stalberg for w/e you want(his value is 3-3.5M but hes gonna get close to 4M.. thats the UFA world buddy). and i also said bickell or stalberg

and diaz can easily get you a late 1st rounder, but anyways thats beyond the issue

Old
06-14-2013, 10:39 PM
Roulin

Quote:
loooool your just nit-picking now, st.louis has a desperate need for a center and with our depth in center i felt like this would be a good long term move. trade diaz(or keep him for all i care) for w/e you want and sign stalberg for w/e you want(his value is 3-3.5M but hes gonna get close to 4M.. thats the UFA world buddy). and i also said bickell or stalberg
Still a lot of wingers available in this year's UFA world, and Stalberg has been a healthy scratch several times in these playoffs. I see 2.5 as the absolute most he'll get.

Old
06-14-2013, 10:43 PM
TT1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
Still a lot of wingers available in this year's UFA world, and Stalberg has been a healthy scratch several times in these playoffs. I see 2.5 as the absolute most he'll get.
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=97849 you really think hes gonna get 2.5M in this years UFA pool? his value is at least 3M and anyone who says otherwise is insane, IMO:

clowe is gonna get close to 4.5-5M
horton is gonna get close to 5M
clarckson and bickell(on the back of his playoff performance) are gonna get close to 4M
stalberg is gonna get close to 3.5M

Old
06-14-2013, 10:52 PM
Roulin

Quote:
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=97849 you really think hes gonna get 2.5M in this years UFA pool? his value is at least 3M and anyone who says otherwise is insane, IMO:

clowe is gonna get close to 4.5-5M
horton is gonna get close to 5M
clarckson and bickell(on the back of his playoff performance) are gonna get close to 4M
stalberg is gonna get close to 3.5M
Stalberg is a decent complementary player who has landed a very cushy job with an elite team, like Bickell... I just think these playoffs will loom large in mgmt's eyes, for both players' values.

If Clarkson only gets 4m, let's get a half dozen of him! Really, I think he's the prize among wingers in their primes.

Old
06-14-2013, 10:56 PM
TT1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
Stalberg is a decent complementary player who has landed a very cushy job with an elite team, like Bickell... I just think these playoffs will loom large in mgmt's eyes, for both players' values.

If Clarkson only gets 4m, let's get a half dozen of him! Really, I think he's the prize among wingers in their primes.
yea i love clarckson but theres gonna be a bidding war for him, hes a much more complete player compared to bickell. but yea getting clarckson didnt make sense for my team seeing as i traded for stewart, cant have him or gionta play on the 4th line . clarckson makes alot of sense if you plan on keeping plek, were missing 2 RWers atm. really hoping we get jones for our 4th line

Last edited by TT1: 06-14-2013 at 11:02 PM.
Old
06-14-2013, 10:58 PM
Andy

Pierre Lebrun said expect Habs in on Bickell.

Old
06-14-2013, 11:01 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Pierre Lebrun said expect Habs in on Bickell.
Based on prior connections of Bickell with Bergevin. Seems like Lebrun just throwing stuff out there.

Old
06-14-2013, 11:04 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 2154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
Based on prior connections of Bickell with Bergevin. Seems like Lebrun just throwing stuff out there.
Whether he's just throwing **** to the wall or not, it makes a lot of sense for this club on a couple levels. Bergevin knows him, part of drafting and developing him, and he's the exact type of player this team needs along with rugged defensemen.

Honestly I wouldn't mind if MB gave him a 4x3.5, while it's overpayment he fills such a big role and everyone thought he overpaid for Prust and he turned out to be worth his weight in gold.

Closed Thread