HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Habs' off-season moves (all trades, proposals & free agent talk here) V

Closed Thread

Old
06-17-2013, 10:35 AM
FlyingKostitsyn

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galcherock View Post
I think he could be a great 4th line center for us with the local proud aspect and his intangibles....would not take him for the right price??
I'd be glad to see Lapierre back with the Habs. He's probably gained a lot in maturity since he left. He knows what he'll come back to - he's been successful in Montreal but he's also lost everything only to be shipped away.

Hopefully if he comes back he'll stick to what made him successful in the first place. He'd have to accept he's never going to be a third line center on our team. He's definitely an upgrade on Halpern on the fourth line and would complement White, Prust or Moen (if he plays next season. were was he this year?) nicely. Playing against our bottom 6 should be an absolutely infuriating experience.

Btw my current dream is for us to acquire Bickell and have him on a line with Prust. Hero squad.

Old
06-17-2013, 10:41 AM
Darz

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeriHab View Post
Waiting for MB to trade Markov for a good return in a 1st rounder and prospect, not buying out Kaberle and using him strictly as PP QB next year on the 2nd unit till Bealieau is ready and trading our 1st for islanders but taking on DiPietro to buy him out.

Could end up with a very different looking team!
I thought for a second you were serious.

06-17-2013, 10:50 AM
Son Oncle Jerry
Formerly HiggsBozon

Wouldn't mind Lapierre back. Not an ideal move, but as a 4th line center, he would be better than pretty much any option we've got.

Old
06-17-2013, 10:56 AM
Draft

I'd take him back, doesn't fight but he does play more physically than a guy like Armstrong (who he'd be replacing in my mind) as well as brings more offence. He can play the wing if need be and he's pretty good on draws/defensively. If Gordon is unavailable, I'd definitely take Lapierre as a bottom-6 player.

Old
06-17-2013, 10:58 AM
Andy

I always liked Lapierre. I have a soft spot for agitators. Loved his game, was sad to see him traded. If he is there to replace a guy like Armstrong, then I don't see the harm.

Old
06-17-2013, 11:16 AM
Crystal Met

hell no to lapierre, guy tought way too highly of himself while in mtl..plus i hate his face..he probably wants to come back because hes not in the canucks plan anymore with vignault gone... why not bring laraque back while we're at it..

Old
06-17-2013, 11:21 AM
Jerk Store*

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
**** that little puke. Bad enough the tough guys on the team have to stand up for the smaller ones, they don't need to start standing up for Lapierre's idiotic antics.
This a thousand times. Seems some of you don't mind because you're familiar, but that's the last thing you need. With Moen and Subban not willing to drop them and White not being a full time player, you don't need another **** head's mouth buying the team something its *** can't afford.

Much better options IMO.

Old
06-17-2013, 11:29 AM
Hope Of Glory

I have no problem with Lapierre back. Him, Prust and White would be a hell of a troll line

Also, unlike guys like Steckel, he can play 3rd line minutes for a short period of time if (when) injuries hit again. But with Gally, Eller, Pleks, Desharnais and even Prust being able to play center, I don't even think it would be necessary. Still good depth.

Old
06-17-2013, 11:42 AM
Blind Gardien
nexus of the crisis

I would pass on Lapierre. He was really good in 2009 there with the Carbo team, but sooooo bad thereafter, and I really don't know what player we'd get. Lapierre on a UFA contract (which usually implies 3 years or more) would scare me as a guy who could easily become a little too complacent with his lot in life. I would rather look elsewhere.

Old
06-17-2013, 11:49 AM
Price My Man Crush

Gordon or Steckel on our 4th line next year, awww yeah.

Old
06-17-2013, 12:02 PM
Blind Gardien
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mover View Post
Gordon or Steckel on our 4th line next year, awww yeah.
I'd actually rather have Halpern back than Steckel. It looks to me like Steckel has basically lost it? Great size, and there was a time he was coveted for that 4th line role because he had the ability and size, but to watch him lately, he seems to be behind the play and can't keep up? He never used his size much anyway. If it's just for faceoffs, I feel like Halpern has a bit more in tank while being able to chip in a bit more, size and age notwithstanding.

Gordon is on another level from those guys IMHO... teams will be actively trying to get him.

Old
06-17-2013, 12:08 PM
yianik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
I'd actually rather have Halpern back than Steckel. It looks to me like Steckel has basically lost it? Great size, and there was a time he was coveted for that 4th line role because he had the ability and size, but to watch him lately, he seems to be behind the play and can't keep up? He never used his size much anyway. If it's just for faceoffs, I feel like Halpern has a bit more in tank while being able to chip in a bit more, size and age notwithstanding.

Gordon is on another level from those guys IMHO... teams will be actively trying to get him.
Bang on with everything. Halpern still has the energy and seems like a good team guy . Also gets his role on the team and has no problem about it. Very cheap to sign.

Old
06-17-2013, 12:11 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerk Store View Post
This a thousand times. Seems some of you don't mind because you're familiar, but that's the last thing you need. With Moen and Subban not willing to drop them and White not being a full time player, you don't need another **** head's mouth buying the team something its *** can't afford.

Much better options IMO.
Nor should he...for someone with no fighting ability and a star he fights too much already (10 in last 3 seasons).

Old
06-17-2013, 12:16 PM
WhiskeySeven*
Expect the expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
A common argument would more likely be that Lapierre acts as a lightning rod for the other team's anger, leaving the others alone.

Whether that works in practice or not, who knows.
He's our dark knight. Operating in the shadows.

In all seriousness, I looooove Lapierre's game.

He's 6'2, good at faceoffs, good on the PK, cheap, FROM MONTREAL, physical (not a hitter or fighter but can handle hits, unlike Pyatt, Halpern, etc.), he's a playoff performer and he loves the town.

He's a Hab, he should come back to **** people off and laugh about it on the bench.

Edit: clearly I don't think he's a star. Under 1.5 I think he'd be a good signing. I hope he comes back.

Old
06-17-2013, 12:24 PM
Habset

I've always like Lapierre too, he's very good at what he does and we just need to make sure not to expect too much from him.

Old
06-17-2013, 12:31 PM
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles

Big Lapierre fan here. Yes, please.

Old
06-17-2013, 12:32 PM
Burke the Legend

Halpern > Lapierre

Old
06-17-2013, 12:37 PM
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate

I like Lapierre but he wouldn't be my first choice for our #4th line. I prefer Gordon who's better defensively and at faceoffs which is what we need the most at that position. But that doesn't mean I wouldn't sign him if Gordon goes somewhere else, Lappy is an entertaining player to watch, he's a playoff warrior and he's somewhat physical. Plus he's a local.

Old
06-17-2013, 12:43 PM
WhiskeySeven*
Expect the expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burke the Legend View Post
Halpern > Lapierre
In terms of how much Depends he purchases? Sure.

We can't have so many 39 year old players in serviceman roles. Bouillon was already stinkin' up the joint by game 30 and Gionta seems to suffer from pre-mature aging. I don't mind keeping Halpern as a spare but with the idiotic re-signing of Drewiskie it seems that Bergevin really intends on focusing in vague, subjective concepts like 'character' instead of talent, ability, toughness, skill, etc.

At the very very least Lapierre would bring energy and size to our timid centre depth. He's also a net-positive penalty factor, drawing more than committing (last I checked) and he's fine on faceoffs. Anyway this is probably moot as I'm sure Bergevin will extend Armstrong and re-extend Moen again, because **** toughness.

Old
06-17-2013, 12:44 PM
Stive Morgan
It's only game

I love Lapierre but I think Halpern fits our needs better, which is faceoffs.

Old
06-17-2013, 12:50 PM
MasterDecoy
Lo Pan's lovechild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalock View Post
I love Lapierre but I think Halpern fits our needs better, which is faceoffs.
i always thought lappy was very good at faceoffs?

Old
06-17-2013, 12:54 PM
Saintpatrick*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
I'd be glad to see Lapierre back with the Habs. He's probably gained a lot in maturity since he left. He knows what he'll come back to - he's been successful in Montreal but he's also lost everything only to be shipped away.

Hopefully if he comes back he'll stick to what made him successful in the first place. He'd have to accept he's never going to be a third line center on our team. He's definitely an upgrade on Halpern on the fourth line and would complement White, Prust or Moen (if he plays next season. were was he this year?) nicely. Playing against our bottom 6 should be an absolutely infuriating experience.

Btw my current dream is for us to acquire Bickell and have him on a line with Prust. Hero squad.
I loved Lappy and was kinda bummed when we traded him. Another one of the goat's brilliant moves

Old
06-17-2013, 12:57 PM
lamp9post

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
We can't have so many 39 year old players in serviceman roles. Bouillon was already stinkin' up the joint by game 30 and Gionta seems to suffer from pre-mature aging. I don't mind keeping Halpern as a spare but with the idiotic re-signing of Drewiskie it seems that Bergevin really intends on focusing in vague, subjective concepts like 'character' instead of talent, ability, toughness, skill, etc.
I nominate this as the most illogical, nonsensical paragraph of the year.

Old
06-17-2013, 12:57 PM
Saintpatrick*

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
In terms of how much Depends he purchases? Sure.

At the very very least Lapierre would bring energy and size to our timid centre depth. He's also a net-positive penalty factor, drawing more than committing (last I checked) and he's fine on faceoffs. Anyway this is probably moot as I'm sure Bergevin will extend Armstrong and re-extend Moen again, because **** toughness.
Gawd I hope not. The Drewiskie signing was a depth move nothing more but those Moen and DD contracts are kind of a warning sign of things to come.

Old
06-17-2013, 01:02 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizardking89 View Post
I loved Lappy and was kinda bummed when we traded him. Another one of the goat's brilliant moves
To be fair, it was rumoured that Lapierre asked to be traded. Didn't like the way his role was diminishing under Martin.

Closed Thread