HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs' off-season moves (all trades, proposals & free agent talk here) V

Closed Thread

Old
06-17-2013, 07:59 PM
SouthernHab
Summer Grilling

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Your definitive statements about players have a 0% hit rating. The garbage you spewed about Subban is only the tip of it - now you're using a sound-bite to dismiss a player?

You know who lost the Vancouver series for them? The Sedins playing like cowards. Kesler, Edler, Bieksa and Hamhuis playing with massive injuries. The fact that they had absolutely no secondary scoring and Vigneault coached like an imbecile and didn't adjust a single thing, even though Edler literally couldn't pinch and keep the puck in because his rotator-cuff was all sorts mangled they insisted on their stupid cycle-play and uber-short shifts while Clode & company just stepped back and let them wear themselves out struggling to make two passes and sprinting off the ice.

But Bergeron's rip on Lapierre is what you focus on.

Get a grip.
I dismissed Lapierre's actions without the ability to back up his actions.

Sedins played like ******* because Lapierre started a fight he could not finish.

Rewrite history all you like but the fact remains that Boston out-muscled and intimidated the Vancouver Canucks and physically smashed them into submission.........sort of like what Ottawa did to us in the first round.

Players should know not to let their mouth overload their ass. No thanks on Lapierre coming back here with our roster that we have.

Old
06-17-2013, 07:59 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Havent seen you posting lately. Good to see you on the board again.

That is my point for posting that video. The hardass Bruins used that ignorant act by Lapierre as motivation and they rubbed (literally) their gloves in Lapierre's face. The Sedins were targeted by the Bruins after that. Thornton stepped up his physical game after that incident. It went downhill rather quickly.

The same holds true for Marchand. VERY effective on the Bruins team. Would be a waste of roster space on the present day Canadiens roster since he would be more of a liability.

If a player is going to talk **** and act like a fool, then he and the team better be ready to back it up. If not, those actions make for really crazy but stupid YouTube videos.
Yes sir.......agree.Marchand on Habs would be wearing a beat down dress from many other teams..He'd be getting a pumblin like all the Habs not named Prust.Since he got a tough group around him, he gets to run around and be dirty ,with very little payback...

That is why i want Lappy back,and really dont think after Therrien watched Ottawa and Toronto pumble Montreal,that he's not gonna have tougher team this year.

Last edited by Habaneros: 06-17-2013 at 08:05 PM.
Old
06-17-2013, 08:03 PM
andy28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
Yes sir.......agree.

That is why is why i want Lappy back,and really dont think after Therrien watched Ottawa and Toronto pumble Montreal,that he's not gonna have tougher team this year.
But how many players do you realistically think they will add this offseason. And then add Lapierre on top of that. It doesn't seem realistic that we could both bring in Lapierre and make this team much tougher in one offseason.

Old
06-17-2013, 08:05 PM
SouthernHab
Summer Grilling

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy28 View Post
But how many players do you realistically think they will add this offseason. And then add Lapierre on top of that. It doesn't seem realistic that we could both bring in Lapierre and make this team much tougher in one offseason.
It can be done.

Will it happen here in Montreal? We shall soon see.

Old
06-17-2013, 08:08 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
If it really is about No Excuses and pride of jersey,then there is no excuses to continue to watch your team get its butt kicked bad...

Toronto got tough in a hurry,Habs got no excuse.
The time being puching bags and push overs,needs to end ,more hardness (bangers)to compete in playoffs is a must if you want to go next level.....Skill yes,but you need hard nose game in your bag of tricks too.

Old
06-17-2013, 08:13 PM
andy28

Quote:
If it really is about No Excuses and pride of jersey,then there is no excuse to continue to watch your team get it butt kicked bad...
Toronto got tough in a hurry,Habs got no excuse.,
The time being puching bags,needs to end .
I am not saying I don't want to get tougher. But do you think we are going to sign three tough guys and then Lapierre on top of that? I think we could use a tough stay at home D-man too. I'd focus more on getting a 4th line that looks like one and a D-man, before I brought Lapierre back.

Old
06-17-2013, 08:21 PM
Chfan
HFB Partner

Please yes get Lapierre back.

Our current system is based on speed, which Lapierre has a lot of it. He also adds size that we badly lack. He MAY be a distraction, but the team chemistry doesn't look so fragile that one player can break. Besides, Lappy may be a loud mouth but he doesn't seem like a bad person.

Basically, we're looking for speed and size, and he's all of that. Perfect 4th liner if for cheap.

Last edited by Chfan: 06-17-2013 at 08:27 PM.
Old
06-17-2013, 08:39 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
I am not saying I don't want to get tougher. But do you think we are going to sign three tough guys and then Lapierre on top of that? I think we could use a tough stay at home D-man too. I'd focus more on getting a 4th line that looks like one and a D-man, before I brought Lapierre back.
Will see come Sept...until then we wait.....and No excuses .....Habs couldn't do much last year to deal with the get harder nose issue,and had to play the hand they were dealt...this year no excuses now.

There's an untouchable list in my mind,if you want to get tougher you use addition and subtraction.

Old
06-17-2013, 08:51 PM
onemorecup*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TT1 View Post
philly just signed streit for 4 years @ 5.25M..

hf signing bickell folks
and we had a lockout for what

Old
06-17-2013, 08:57 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemorecup View Post
and we had a lockout for what
For Bryzgalov...lol

For Gomez

And many more to come.

Old
06-17-2013, 09:01 PM
andy28

Quote:
Will see come Sept...until then we wait.....and No excuses .....Habs couldn't do much last year to deal with the get harder nose issue,and had to play the hand they were dealt...this year no excuses now.
What does 'no excuses' have to do with whether we bring Lapierre back?

I have said we should get tougher in the bottom 6. And I would like a physical d-man. I think those are priorities. Lapierre, not so much.

Old
06-17-2013, 09:17 PM
Habitant le colon
Un partisan

Can we try to sign both Steckel and Gordon ??

Trade Moen for Tim Jackman ?

Is a Steckel Gordon Jackman better than Moen Halpern Armstrong ??

Old
06-17-2013, 09:40 PM
TT1

steckel is garbage, ppl just look at his height and assume hed be an asset on the team.. he wouldnt

Old
06-17-2013, 09:41 PM
Habitant le colon
Un partisan

Quote:
steckel is garbage, ppl just look at his height and assume hed be an asset on the team.. he wouldnt
why Steckel is bad?

Old
06-17-2013, 09:47 PM
TT1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitant le colon View Post
why Steckel is bad?
cus all he can do is win faceoffs, apart from that hes dead weight

Old
06-17-2013, 09:52 PM
Habitant le colon
Un partisan

Quote:
cus all he can do is win faceoffs, apart from that hes dead weight
so 170 hits a year ago and face off skill is Bad ??

Old
06-17-2013, 10:00 PM
TT1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitant le colon View Post
so 170 hits a year ago and face off skill is Bad ??
softest hits you'll ever see and hes as slow as a snail
pls go watch him play : D, your opinion might change

Old
06-17-2013, 10:08 PM
Habitant le colon
Un partisan

Quote:
softest hits you'll ever see and hes as slow as a snail
pls go watch him play : D, your opinion might change
is he better than Armstrong?

Old
06-17-2013, 10:15 PM
DAChampion

I am surprised that Bergevin has not resigned Armstrong to a 3 year contract at 1.3 million a year. He resigned everyone else, even Desharnais.

Maybe he thinks Armstrong is too tall.

Last edited by DAChampion: 06-17-2013 at 10:29 PM.
Old
06-17-2013, 10:18 PM
yianik

If you want a 4th line with energy , decent defensively and that could bash both by hitting and fighting, I would have Halpern resigned to center Prust and trade for Ryan Reaves at the right wing.

Old
06-17-2013, 10:38 PM
Habsterix*

Living in BC, I've followed Lapierre closely. I truly thought that he'd fit in well in Anaheim but he hasn't, for whatever reasons.

However, he's been very effective in Vancouver under Alain Vigneault, who knew how to control him and I believe that Michel Therrien would have the same type of grip on him. The guy had 116 hits in 48 games last year. Most players don't have that many in an entire season!

I'd like to see him back as a fourth line agitator but I'd move him to right wing, knowing that he could play center if in a pinch. I'm imagining him and Marchand going at each other...

Old
06-17-2013, 11:29 PM
Forsead

Quote:
Originally Posted by yianik View Post
If you want a 4th line with energy , decent defensively and that could bash both by hitting and fighting, I would have Halpern resigned to center Prust and trade for Ryan Reaves at the right wing.
Really good call on Reaves, I would like to see him being the 12th-13th forward on the team. He's the kind of guy the Habs need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
Living in BC, I've followed Lapierre closely. I truly thought that he'd fit in well in Anaheim but he hasn't, for whatever reasons.

However, he's been very effective in Vancouver under Alain Vigneault, who knew how to control him and I believe that Michel Therrien would have the same type of grip on him. The guy had 116 hits in 48 games last year. Most players don't have that many in an entire season!

I'd like to see him back as a fourth line agitator but I'd move him to right wing, knowing that he could play center if in a pinch. I'm imagining him and Marchand going at each other...
That's exactly what I think about Lapierre. Alot of peoples were saying he was just a puke that didn't back it off, but after his rookie season the guy consistently had 3-4 fights a year with the Habs and while he wasn't good at fighting he was showing that he was kind of willing. His ''coward'' act was completly blown out of proportions by Toronto and Boston medias and others teams fans. I mean how many fights does a guy need to do to ''back'' himself up ???

I mean in 2010-2011 he got 5 fights and in 2011-2012 he got 9....

Old
06-17-2013, 11:35 PM
Jyroe Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsead View Post
Really good call on Reaves, I would like to see him being the 12th-13th forward on the team. He's the kind of guy the Habs need.

That's exactly what I think about Lapierre. Alot of peoples were saying he was just a puke that didn't back it off, but after his rookie season the guy consistently had 3-4 fights a year with the Habs and while he wasn't good at fighting he was showing that he was kind of willing. His ''coward'' act was completly blown out of proportions by Toronto and Boston medias and others teams fans. I mean how many fights does a guy need to do to ''back'' himself up ???

I mean in 2010-2011 he got 5 fights and in 2011-2012 he got 9....
I don't want any Canuck on our team, they are all ******* except for one, Bieska I would take.
We need players who won't embarrass the jersey like Prust. Give me three more Prust type of players and then we will smash the mouths of the Laffs and Bruins.
Bergervin will not take any gutless players, he had a good seat watching the Hawks manhandle the Canucks over the years.

Old
06-18-2013, 12:09 AM
groovejuice

I've heard Manny Malhotra wants to play. Any interest? I always lived his game. Works like an SOB and great face off guy.

Old
06-18-2013, 12:25 AM
Roulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by groovejuice View Post
I've heard Manny Malhotra wants to play. Any interest? I always lived his game. Works like an SOB and great face off guy.
Malhotra was a good player and best of luck to him... but doesn't he seem like an unnecessary risk, when you can probably re-sign Halpern for 600k? Old as Halpern is, he's been pretty healthy the last 3 seasons.

Closed Thread