HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs' off-season moves (all trades, proposals & free agent talk here) V

Closed Thread

Old
06-17-2013, 11:37 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

vCash: 500
You can bank Viktor Stalberg leavin Hawks...wouldnt be surprised Habs try for him

Old
06-17-2013, 11:55 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
It can be done.

Will it happen here in Montreal? We shall soon see.
Dont bet against BGL in Habs uni...he confirmed he's comn back in 2013

Habs? ..again for one season,in out of press box on a 2 way deal,min salary,
Dress for all Toronto Bruins games...
I wont forget this from last yr....only reason didnt happen was short season..
I got to think Therrien looks around and says,i know him..
Ya never know ,could see the BGL Lucic yet.

Unfinished business for Georges Laraque
Posted By: Abe Hefter ahefter@cjad.astral.com 6/10/2012 10:00:00 PM

Georges Laraque is eyeing a comeback in the NHL.

"You never know, it could even be Montreal," said the former Hab. "Gainey's gone, Gauthier's gone." "It's a matter of going to the right team. I have no idea where it could be.

Laraque says it was "awesome" playing for Michel Therrien as a member of the Pittsburgh Penguins.

Last edited by Habaneros: 06-18-2013 at 12:01 AM.
Old
06-18-2013, 12:06 AM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
Dont bet against BGL in Habs uni.....again for one season
I got to thiTherrien looks around and says,i know him..

"You never know, it could even be Montreal," said the former Hab. "Gainey's gone, Gauthier's gone." "It's a matter of going to the right team. I have no idea where it could be.

Laraque says it was "awesome" playing for Michel Therrien as a member of the Pittsburgh Penguins.
Oh Georges, the problem with your tenure in MTL was never the GMs. It was that you sucked at hockey at the NHL level and worse, never realized how much you sucked compared to even an average 4th line NHLer.

Stewart-Chipchura-Laraque was the probably the worst line the Habs have iced in recent years. And it wasn't Chipchura's fault.

There was a time he could play not horribly, but that was way back when he was an Oiler.

I'd consider having Brad "in the running for worst NHL forward at playing hockey" Staublitz back in the lineup than the Laraque MTL got.

Old
06-18-2013, 12:24 AM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talks to Goalposts View Post
Oh Georges, the problem with your tenure in MTL was never the GMs. It was that you sucked at hockey at the NHL level and worse, never realized how much you sucked compared to even an average 4th line NHLer.

Stewart-Chipchura-Laraque was the probably the worst line the Habs have iced in recent years. And it wasn't Chipchura's fault.

There was a time he could play not horribly, but that was way back when he was an Oiler.

I'd consider having Brad "in the running for worst NHL forward at playing hockey" Staublitz back in the lineup than the Laraque MTL got.

When your on top so long ,you lose the hunger.....BGL was king for so many years..
Last year i read interview of his,he sounded like he realised this...
What i read was he wants to come back ,and with no holds barred.no more smiling or fax...aka a wild man
His back was bad in MTL,herniated discs,healed up now i guess.Anyways,again dont be surprised..lol
I can see him goin right for Lucic no askin...drops your gloves or turtle...unfinished business he calls it.
2 way deal league min,in out of press box...2 way deal no risk,either stay hungry or bye...I think for one season this could his best one as enforcer,goin out with a bang,and is mad.

Quote:
When I get an invitation (to camp) *it’s up to me that when I get a chance to play exhibition games, to grab every single guy in front of me and beat the **** out of them. That’s what I have to do to show everybody I haven’t lost anything. Show everybody that all of the tough guys in the league that make 8 and 900 000, that I can do a better job than them at the minimum salary. And hopefully I can get a team interested and after that if I do get a chance, I’m not going to miss it.
Quote:
JG: That’s interesting coming from you because you never liked the fighting aspect. Obviously that was what you were good at, but this would seem like you’d be going back to being the young guy and having to prove yourself all over again. Is that how you see it?

GL: You’re 100% right. I would feel like the young guy that has to prove himself. I never liked fighting, I still don’t, but now it’s different. Now I’m motivated. Now I feel that I have something to prove. Now I know that I would have to fight to get that chance to make that team. And now it’s totally different because now when I look at the guy in front of me instead of smiling and laughing like I always fought, and I’ve rarely fought with any anger, now I would be mad.

I would fight mad because I would look at a guy that would try to stop my dreams, to stop the chance that I have to make it one more time. So it would be totally different and with motivation like that, I wouldn’t want to be the guy in front of me during that time because it would be really dangerous.

Nothing is more dangerous than a guy that is motivated and that has a goal and that’s truly what I would do. If I do get a chance as I told you before, I’m not going to miss it. I’m not going to just go with the flow because if I go with the flow nothing is going to happen. I have to provoke things.

*If it means that I have to do something, get suspended or whatever… I’m not in the same mindset that I was when I was playing. So we’ll see what will happen. If I get that chance it will be good. If I don’t then things didn’t change anyways. So I have nothing to lose. I played 13 years in the league, I feel really fortunate to play in the greatest league in the world and now I’m trying one more time at it and we’ll see what’s going to happen.

Last edited by Habaneros: 06-18-2013 at 12:43 AM.
Old
06-18-2013, 12:54 AM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

My feelin is bring him into camp try out...if he does what he says , then 2 way deal to keep him hungry....

BGL still way tougher than any avail enforcer types

Old
06-18-2013, 12:56 AM
Roulin

Quote:
You can bank Viktor Stalberg leavin Hawks...wouldnt be surprised Habs try for him
If Stalberg's value has come down enough, that could work. Or Frolik if the Hawks decide to deal him.

The next generation in Chicago looks good - Saad, Shaw, Kruger, and eventually Morin, Danault and Teravainen. They could afford to lose the depth forwards who make a bit more money.

Old
06-18-2013, 04:18 AM
WhiskeySeven*
Founded: BargainBin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Sedins played like ******* because Lapierre started a fight he could not finish.
Nonsensical post of the year.

Old
06-18-2013, 04:30 AM
25get

Quote:

With a line like: Stewart-Chipchura-Laraque, what did you expect?
In this line, Laraque is probably the best...

When he was in Edmonton, Laraque dominated the league.
Just look at his record.
You can not name 5 players who could compare to what Laraque did in NHL.
He was the best enforcer for 10 years (1997-2009).
Chara could pretend to challenge Laraque but he always wrestle him down.
Actually, looking at Chara record, find me one fight where he dropped a real enforcer other than wrestling him.

Now unless Laraque has trained a lot, I do not see him coming back after three years.
When he was with the Habs, despite back injuries, he was so tough that even Lucic never dared to face him.
Chara did but there was not many punch thrown before they fell.
As with every other real enforcers, Chara did wrestle him.

What I can see is that Laraque had a sense of fair play and never did throw a punch when the opponent was down.
Laraque would never have fought against Emelin given he could not fight.
Laraque would never do a hit like Chara did on Pacioretty.
Finally, he would not have punch Crosby in the face like Chara did.

I can not find one fight where Laraque was dropped by an opponent.
Sometimes, he did go down because he slipped on ice but all those times, referees stopped the fight before Laraque could get back up.

As far as comparing to 4th liner, Laraque was not worst than most enforcer these days.
You think that Scott is better than Laraque?

Among all enforcers in the league, which one was able to have a 29 points season?

One thing for sure, what the leafs and the Bruins did to us this season would never have happened if Laraque was in our team, even if he would not have been on the bench.
Colton Orr attacking Gionta and giving a sucker punch to Bourque would have been solved.

Phenomenon like Laraque happens only once per decade.
Lucic is the only one near: Lucic has better offense but Laraque was a better enforcer.

Old
06-18-2013, 04:43 AM
habtastic

IF those comments are true, I'd give him a chance and (as he expects) would make him earn it. He knows why we all hate him and I'm sure after seeing what a hero GSP is here, wants a piece of the action.

I'm not at all one for adding "tough guys" for the sake of it, but this is THE tough guy and IF he's changed his ways (big IF), I say let him prove himself and with a coach he likes. It's pretty much like being offered the puglist we've been looking for. Now, his minutes better be managed and he wouldn't be used every game.

Old
06-18-2013, 05:24 AM
25get

Quote:

When Chipchura can get 13G or 16A, you can come back to us.
His best season is 16 points...
Please wait till Kyle plays for 82 games before pretending he is better than Laraque.

Back in 2000-01, Laraque did 29 points while getting 9:47 TOI/G and 0:31 PP TOI per game.

When this line was put on the ice, we did not have a top-6.

This year is the first time we can say we have a top-6.

Two years ago, we had Plekanec and Gomez and that was it.
Since then, Desharnais and Eller took over.

Just to put things in perspective:
Gomez
or
Desharnais + Eller?

I would take Desharnais over Gomez at the same SCap.
Now given DD is half price...

Desharnais is the reason we let Gomez go away, not Eller.
At the end of 2011-12 season, Eller had 28 points.

Most likely, Eller will outpace DD, but it remains to be proven.
Anyone thinking that DD will be below Plek, Galchenyuk and Eller better be prepared.
Desharnais has faced much more adversity than those three guys.

On a long run, I see Chucky and Eller being on top.
But DD is going to be a serious challenge.

I am so happy to see DD, Eller and Galchenyuk compete for a top-6 spot.

Old
06-18-2013, 05:32 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

My source tell me it's going to be Gorges to Vancouver for Bieksa and DD for Laich.

My source : http://www.museumoftalkingboards.com/WebOuija.html

The spirits also said there is nothing wrong with the 4th line, except when people are silly enough to put Prust there.

Old
06-18-2013, 05:33 AM
DAChampion

Laraque is 36 years old

Old
06-18-2013, 05:34 AM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24get View Post
With a line like: Stewart-Chipchura-Laraque, what did you expect?
In this line, Laraque is probably the best...

When he was in Edmonton, Laraque dominated the league.
Just look at his record.
You can not name 5 players who could compare to what Laraque did in NHL.
He was the best enforcer for 10 years (1997-2009).
Chara could pretend to challenge Laraque but he always wrestle him down.
Actually, looking at Chara record, find me one fight where he dropped a real enforcer other than wrestling him.

Now unless Laraque has trained a lot, I do not see him coming back after three years.
When he was with the Habs, despite back injuries, he was so tough that even Lucic never dared to face him.
Chara did but there was not many punch thrown before they fell.
As with every other real enforcers, Chara did wrestle him.

What I can see is that Laraque had a sense of fair play and never did throw a punch when the opponent was down.
Laraque would never have fought against Emelin given he could not fight.
Laraque would never do a hit like Chara did on Pacioretty.
Finally, he would not have punch Crosby in the face like Chara did.

I can not find one fight where Laraque was dropped by an opponent.
Sometimes, he did go down because he slipped on ice but all those times, referees stopped the fight before Laraque could get back up.

As far as comparing to 4th liner, Laraque was not worst than most enforcer these days.
You think that Scott is better than Laraque?

Among all enforcers in the league, which one was able to have a 29 points season?

One thing for sure, what the leafs and the Bruins did to us this season would never have happened if Laraque was in our team, even if he would not have been on the bench.
Colton Orr attacking Gionta and giving a sucker punch to Bourque would have been solved.

Phenomenon like Laraque happens only once per decade.
Lucic is the only one near: Lucic has better offense but Laraque was a better enforcer.
Laraque's period of being an reasonably effective hockey player was a lot shorter than that, basically it was the years around his physical peak at 25. He coasted a fair bit on reputation after that, by the time he was in Pittsburgh he was nothing like a guy that could get 29 in a season. Once he was out of his 20's, even without a back problem his skating had declined to the point he didn't belong on the ice.

And you can't possibly say he definitely would have prevented Orr from wining a confrontation with Gionta and Bourque this year. He might have. Maybe he doesn't.

But if you want a guy that can punch faces, I'd think your better off signing whoever the top thug in the AHL is right now than hoping Laraque has any hockey talent anymore.

And as a hockey player, John Scott is probably better than Habs era Laraque was. Nothing in his career compares to the back to back -6 performances in the heavily limited minutes Georges played for Montreal.

Old
06-18-2013, 05:35 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
Laraque is 36 years old
Acknowledging that post about BGL is like making eye contact with a man talking to himself on the subway.

Last edited by Agnostic: 06-18-2013 at 06:18 AM.
Old
06-18-2013, 05:42 AM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
Please wait till Kyle plays for 82 games before pretending he is better than Laraque.

Back in 2000-01, Laraque did 29 points while getting 9:47 TOI/G and 0:31 PP TOI per game.

Gomez
or
Desharnais + Eller?

Anyone thinking that DD will be below Plek, Galchenyuk and Eller better be prepared.

Your commiting a huge error here in mistaking the Laraque that was to the over the hill Laraque that the Habs got.

Its not that Chipchura is great or anything, but at the time he belonged on an extended NHL lineup, maybe not as a starter.

Stewart and Laraque were no where near NHL level at that time.

Old
06-18-2013, 05:49 AM
shutehinside

Quote:
Dont bet against BGL in Habs uni...he confirmed he's comn back in 2013

Habs? ..again for one season,in out of press box on a 2 way deal,min salary,
Dress for all Toronto Bruins games...
I got to think Therrien looks around and says,i know him..
Ya never know ,could see the BGL Lucic yet.

Great. He can not fight Lucic again because its against his code and become a paperweight who can't skate, shoot or pass. Awesome off season aquitition. Bergy can sign me as I excel at all those things as well!

Old
06-18-2013, 05:59 AM
Kimota
Three Bananas

Quote:
Originally Posted by TT1 View Post
yappers instigate aggressive retaliations.. we dont have anyone who can fight back
Then get people who can fight back.

Old
06-18-2013, 06:11 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:

Gomez
or
Desharnais + Eller?

Right, in 2000!!! That is 13years ago!!!
Are you serious with that crap??

You know you could probably do an interview as well as to why you should be in the NHL. Words are just that though, words.

Maybe BGL can go back to his good ways. I seriously doubt it. He's not a moron, he specifically threw out MTL's name out there because he knows the city is starving for an enforcer. He wants the people on his side again. It's probably one of the few places he could potentially get invited to camp.

You lose nothing from an invite, but I don't have any hopes.

Old
06-18-2013, 07:18 AM
hvac412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
Acknowledging that post about BGL is like making eye contact with a man talking to himself on the subway.
could not have said it any better.

Old
06-18-2013, 08:06 AM
otto bond

On BGL, well give him a physical...mainly on his back and if it's all good, try him at camp with a 2way deal. His time here was bad due to his back and perhaps motivation. He's no Lemieux but for a 13th forward dressing here and there and a few PO games.....well that I would love to see if he's in shape that is.

Old
06-18-2013, 08:13 AM
Lshap

Quote:

Gomez
or
Desharnais + Eller?

I like Desharnais, but he's nowhere close to Plekanec's level of talent and value. And with the emergence of Eller and Galchenyuk, the reality is that Desharnais will become the low-man on our rankings of Cs. The big question mark is who ends up on his wings.

For those who love DD, the good news is that he'll probably stick around because he has the lowest trade value.

Old
06-18-2013, 08:18 AM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
Great. He can not fight Lucic again because its against his code and become a paperweight who can't skate, shoot or pass. Awesome off season aquitition. Bergy can sign me as I excel at all those things as well!
Im quite sure if you read his comment from above,there will be no more asking guys...
The code and fax machine smiling all gone.Sure sounds to me like he's comin back with fury and anger,like a rookie scared to lose his job,wantin to prove.

Personally im tired of watchin Josh George fight Fraser Mclearn
Orr drop Bourque
Chara go after who ever etc....
Wash rinse and repeat over again...

Watch Boston play Buffalo before they got John Scott...they was running Buffalo all over the place..then watch them now....total different .

BGL 2way deal league min,in and out of press box which he says he is ok with.
Again,BGL Prust and habs still need to add a few more who can handle themselves.

Again 2 way deal no risk at all.

Last edited by Habaneros: 06-18-2013 at 08:34 AM.
Old
06-18-2013, 08:24 AM
WhiskeySeven*
Founded: BargainBin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
It's as if the poster there didn't realize, or refused to acknowledge that Laraque's skating was not unlike if a rhino had two broken ankles, had it's feet shoved into hockey skates and duct-taped in place and was told to go out and give a good hustle.

Old
06-18-2013, 08:40 AM
Lshap

Can You Fight?

An established, successful organization is looking for ambitious self-starters who can answer the bell! This could be YOU if:

You're a team player!
You enjoy travel!
You communicate in mumbly cliches!
You can stay on your skates while punching repeatedly!

We Pay Top Dollar For Moral Victories!

Candidates should have knowledge of EnforcerCode.1. The ability to skate, shoot, pass, defend, score, forecheck and score goals are optional.

Please forward resume and YouTube fight clips to: Montreal Canadiens c/o SmurfsNoMore.

Old
06-18-2013, 08:40 AM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by otto bond View Post
On BGL, well give him a physical...mainly on his back and if it's all good, try him at camp with a 2way deal. His time here was bad due to his back and perhaps motivation. He's no Lemieux but for a 13th forward dressing here and there and a few PO games.....well that I would love to see if he's in shape that is.
He got in way better shape...this was him last year.

Closed Thread