HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Antoine Vermette(Vancouver)

Old
06-11-2013, 09:14 PM
K2B
dim jim

vCash: 50
Antoine Vermette(Vancouver)

I've always though he'd be a good fit with the Canucks, Coyotes fans what would the asking price be on Vermette? Also would you guys retain any salary?

K2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 09:20 PM
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse

vCash: 500
We'd pretty much need a center coming back as Vermette is only one of two centers currently under contract. I'm sure Vancouver would then offer Schroeder because he's the only center they'd move, to which we'd politely pass.

And obviously as a team with an internal budget $5 million above the floor we're obviously not going to retain any salary for *anyone* we move because we simply can't afford to.

IPreferPi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 09:20 PM
SniperHF
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Canuck View Post
I've always though he'd be a good fit with the Canucks, Coyotes fans what would the asking price be on Vermette? Also would you guys retain any salary?
Trading Vermette doesn't work unless the Yotes get a Center from some other deal. In the event such a trade happens and Vermette is available, probably a near NHL ready wing prospect with lower end top-6 upside and a late pick.

That might be slightly undervaluing him, the Yotes acquired him for a 2nd, a conditional 5th, and a mediocre career backup goalie. This was at the lowest point of Vermette's value coming from a bad team where he wasn't playing well at all.

No way we retain salary either.

SniperHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 09:22 PM
K2B
dim jim

So is Schroeder of any interest?

Old
06-11-2013, 09:24 PM
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse

Quote:
So is Schroeder of any interest?
I'm personally not averse to having small skilled centers, but I would wager since Schroeder is a former 1st round pick, the Canucks would ask for a significant young asset back.

Old
06-11-2013, 09:35 PM
K2B
dim jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPreferPi View Post
I'm personally not averse to having small skilled centers, but I would wager since Schroeder is a former 1st round pick, the Canucks would ask for a significant young asset back.
I was proposing something around Schroeder and Vermette. What would Van have to add?

Old
06-11-2013, 09:42 PM
hbk

Quote:
I was proposing something around Schroeder and Vermette. What would Van have to add?
Something significant. Vermette is not suited to be in the role he's playing in Phoenix but is still one of the top face off guys and contributes defensively. He's been a solid acquisition to be honest and Phoenix doesn't yet have a replacement in their system. I don't see Schroeder being able to step into Vermette's spot next year so truthfully this type of move would be of little interest.

hbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 09:47 PM
Ho Borvat

Phoenix
Rich Peverley
Chris Kelly

Vancouver
Antoine Vermette

Boston
Some Combination of Picks/Prospects

Ho Borvat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 09:48 PM
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse

Quote:
Honestly, I don't think Vancouver has anything to add that would make us consider Vermette for Schroeder. As inconsistent Vermette is on offense, he's still an excellent 3C and great on faceoffs. We know what we're getting with him. Schroeder, though skilled, is still mostly unproven at the NHL level and ultimately I think he'll move to wing.

If he had more NHL experience so we could evaluate him better, I'd definitely be more open to this move, but as of now, it's a very tough sell given our team needs.

Old
06-11-2013, 09:50 PM
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by kack zassian View Post
Phoenix
Rich Peverley
Chris Kelly

Vancouver
Antoine Vermette

Boston
Some Combination of Picks/Prospects
That's not terrible at first glance, but we really can't afford both Peverley's and Kelly's contracts. And between the two, I'd prefer Peverley, though then it would just be a lateral move with negligible budgetary savings.

Old
06-11-2013, 09:52 PM
K2B
dim jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk View Post
Something significant. Vermette is not suited to be in the role he's playing in Phoenix but is still one of the top face off guys and contributes defensively. He's been a solid acquisition to be honest and Phoenix doesn't yet have a replacement in their system. I don't see Schroeder being able to step into Vermette's spot next year so truthfully this type of move would be of little interest.
Quote:
Honestly, I don't think Vancouver has anything to add that would make us consider Vermette for Schroeder. As inconsistent Vermette is on offense, he's still an excellent 3C and great on faceoffs. We know what we're getting with him. Schroeder, though skilled, is still mostly unproven at the NHL level and ultimately I think he'll move to wing.

If he had more NHL experience so we could evaluate him better, I'd definitely be more open to this move, but as of now, it's a very tough sell given our team needs.
Fair enough. Thanks for the responses guys!

Old
06-11-2013, 09:54 PM
Cloudedthought

If we dump Shredder I think thats a good sign of which direction Canucks are going. I think he is skilled but could debate his ability to take a full season of teams beating him into the boards.

Cloudedthought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 10:11 PM
N o o d l e s

Vermette would make a ton of sense in Vancouver, he's a player I think would be a perfect fit there.

I'm all for that three team trade mentioned above where PHX gets Kelly and Pevs, Vancouver gets Vermette and Boston gets whatever. To move those two names for some draft picks in this deep draft and without taking back salary (at least not more than a little) would be a WIN.

N o o d l e s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 10:18 PM
Ho Borvat

Quote:
Originally Posted by N o o d l e s View Post
Vermette would make a ton of sense in Vancouver, he's a player I think would be a perfect fit there.

I'm all for that three team trade mentioned above where PHX gets Kelly and Pevs, Vancouver gets Vermette and Boston gets whatever. To move those two names for some draft picks in this deep draft and without taking back salary (at least not more than a little) would be a WIN.
Can we trade you guys Max Lapierres rights in that deal so we can watch Jack Edwards freak out?

Old
06-11-2013, 10:27 PM
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse

Quote:

Thinking about this some more - is this 3 way still doable without PHX having to acquire Kelly? Peverley and Vermette both have great wheels, defensive ability, and faceoff prowess, but although Vermette is more physical, Peverley is also better on offense and thus would be a better bargain in terms of production for slightly less salary.

To BOS: VAN 2013 2nd

To PHX: Peverley

To VAN: Vermette

Sound good enough?

Last edited by IPreferPi: 06-11-2013 at 10:37 PM.
Old
06-11-2013, 10:37 PM
Ho Borvat

Quote:
Thinking about this some more - is this 3 way still doable without PHX having to acquire Kelly? Peverley and Vermette both have great wheels, defensive ability, and faceoff prowess, but although Vermette is more physical, Peverley is also better on offense and thus would be a better bargain in terms of production for slightly less salary.
Peverley would be more suited to being a top-6 center than Vermette IMO.

Old
06-11-2013, 10:38 PM
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by kack zassian View Post
Peverley would be more suited to being a top-6 center than Vermette IMO.
Exactly my point :-)

I edited this in on my previous post, but:

Look good enough?

Old
06-11-2013, 10:41 PM
K2B
dim jim

Quote:

Look good enough?
Vancouver doesn't own a 2013 2 nd rounder.

Old
06-11-2013, 10:44 PM
N o o d l e s

Quote:

Look good enough?
Done deal for me.

Quote:
Aaand good feelings gone

N o o d l e s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 10:45 PM
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse

Quote:
Well, then would a 3rd be enough for the Bruins then? Lol. Or Vancouver maybe can throw in a prospect instead (Schroeder).

Old
06-11-2013, 10:49 PM
Ho Borvat

Quote:
Well, then would a 3rd be enough for the Bruins then? Lol. Or Vancouver maybe can throw in a prospect instead (Schroeder).
2013 3rd Round Pick
2014 4th work for Bruins fans?

Old
06-11-2013, 10:50 PM
K2B
dim jim

Quote:
Done deal for me.

Aaand good feelings gone
Would a 2014 2 nd work?

Quote:
If the net result for Van is Schroeder for Vermette you do it. But Schroeder is valued way more than a 2 nd or 3 rd.

Old
06-11-2013, 10:51 PM
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse

Quote:
Would a 2014 2 nd work?

If the net result for Van is Schroeder for Vermette you do it. But Schroeder is valued way more than a 2 nd or 3 rd.
Which might be a more acceptable return to Boston than a 2013 3rd or a 2014 2nd. We'll find out shortly I guess.

Old
06-11-2013, 11:19 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedthought View Post
If we dump Shredder I think thats a good sign of which direction Canucks are going. I think he is skilled but could debate his ability to take a full season of teams beating him into the boards.
I think Schroeder's in a tough spot in Vancouver. He's not good enough at this point for a top 6 role, and the Canucks seems to want to employ more of a two-way 3rd line with a preferably bigger sized center. Schroeder could center a 4th line, but giving him 4th line minutes isn't exactly best for his development.

I think Schroeder needs to clear waivers going forward so I wouldn't be surprised if he's moved this off-season.

Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 11:20 PM
rt
Kim Jong-tipp

I don't know if I see much point in trading Vermette for Raptor Jesus. We don't seem to save enough cash on that deal. Might as well just hang onto Vermette and see if be rebounds. Unless Boston was willing to eat an extra 500kay.

To PHX: Raptor Jesus with 500kay off
To BOS: Schroeder
To Van: Vermette