HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

cory schneider

Old
06-09-2013, 11:57 PM
rajinikanthfan1
rajinikanthfan1

vCash: 500
cory schneider

i rather see luongo as our starter and i rather have schneider gone because he can bring more players in return and luongo i dont see anyone good coming back

fire away

rajinikanthfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2013, 11:59 PM
Vankiller Whale
Fire Benning

vCash: 1800
To Philly for Couturier
To New Jersey for Henrique
To NYI for Strome

...etc. You get the picture. One-for-one for a young forward with a high potential.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 12:45 AM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

vCash: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
To Philly for Couturier
To NYI for Strome

...etc. You get the picture. One-for-one for a young forward with a high potential.
And now we wait to be told it'll never happen, goalies aren't with that, LOL NO and so forth.

We have seen this movie before.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 12:49 AM
Anson51

Its all been done before

Anson51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 12:52 AM
Orca Smash

How many of these are we gone have every month from robertos fans.

At this point we mine as well have a sticky for canucks fans trying to trade our players. "Value of canuck players goes here"

Orca Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 12:57 AM
AlowlyMcOilersfan
Comrade

vCash: 50
What about packaging Luongo and Shneider together?

AlowlyMcOilersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 01:18 AM
Sloth Slothersons*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlowlyOilersfan View Post
What about packaging Luongo and Shneider together?
This. Only interested in a packaged deal.

Sloth Slothersons* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 01:23 AM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

vCash: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloth Slothersons View Post
Gotta throw in Lack too.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 01:42 AM
sully1410
#EggosForEleven

vCash: 127
What would you want from Winnipeg? We don't have the fwd depth to really trade one of our top six, but I'm sure we have something you want.

sully1410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 02:01 AM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1410 View Post
What would you want from Winnipeg? We don't have the fwd depth to really trade one of our top six, but I'm sure we have something you want.
E.Kane

Sergei Shirokov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 02:44 AM
Ched Brosky

Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1410 View Post
If its not a foward then bogosian

Ched Brosky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 03:10 AM
McShiva
5-14-6-1

schneider is not even close to the value of bogosian, let alone Kane. yeesh, holy overrating a player batman, and I'm not a Jets fan. Kane has one of the best trade values (age, term, cap hit, stats etc as a package) in the entire league, Schneider wouldn't even be top 100 at the moment.

It would be like offering two decent 3rd liners, one for each Sedin

McShiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 03:10 AM
Pip
[hello] :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloth Slothersons View Post
of course, we will also throw in some key media guys that are experts on reporting the goalie controversy

Pip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 03:12 AM
JuniorNelson

Canucks do not need any return for Luongo. I think the Canucks will pay part of his salary if a team takes him for free.

I think the Canucks would rather trade the Sedins than Schnieder. Part of the reason trading a young goalie away is so traumatic is that they don't come along every year. Drafting your starter is a major coup! Also, returns for goalies have always been lame and minimal. It likely Schneider would only fetch a high second round pick or later first.

JuniorNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 03:31 AM
Christina Woloski
#FIREBENNING

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorNelson View Post
Canucks do not need any return for Luongo. I think the Canucks will pay part of his salary if a team takes him for free.

I think the Canucks would rather trade the Sedins than Schnieder. Part of the reason trading a young goalie away is so traumatic is that they don't come along every year. Drafting your starter is a major coup! Also, returns for goalies have always been lame and minimal. It likely Schneider would only fetch a high second round pick or later first.

You are wrong. First indicator of that is trading schnieds was the plan till Lu opened his mouth.

Schiender would also return a lot more than a pick like that.

Christina Woloski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 03:33 AM
CREW99AW

vCash: 129
Quote:
To Philly for Couturier
To NYI for Strome

NYI say thanks, but no thanks. Strome/Nino/Nelson will be competing to see who wins the rw spot next to Tavares in 2013-2014. The isles are hoping one of the two centers, show enough offense, to push Frans Nielsen down to the 3rd line.

And Moulson's is scheduled to become a ufa in 2014, which could open another top 6 spot.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 03:34 AM
McShiva
5-14-6-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorNelson View Post

Reality hurts sometimes doesn't it? I think nuck fans are in for some major shocks this summer. They made their bed with Schnieder, so they have to lay in it. As to Louie, sorry, but I think there is a 75% chance they will end up buying him out as well as Ballard this summer, because they have no choice in the matter. I believe they have 17 players signed for next year, something like 50,000 dollars in cap space, and to be honest, it is true, no one really likes the canucks, especially GM's that had to deal with your GM when he was a player agent.

He should have traded Louie last summer, even at pennies on the dollar. Louie has one of the worse trade values there is because of the stupid contract, and other GM's will smell blood. I doubt anyone will take that contract back, (because of the possibility he could retire early and the team would be stuck with his cap hit) and the best the Canucks can take back is a very low salary 4th liner type player. Not sure any GM would even do that.

The Sedins though would be a possibility, if they wanted to be traded, which I doubt. Even though, they may decide to finish out their contract and return to Sweden, so they would be a rental at trade deadline for any kind of deal to a contender. If they decided to stay, and reup, then their value is very very high because though they are now older, they still are elite level players that can control entire games.

McShiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 03:35 AM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiva View Post
schneider is not even close to the value of bogosian, let alone Kane. yeesh, holy overrating a player batman, and I'm not a Jets fan. Kane has one of the best trade values (age, term, cap hit, stats etc as a package) in the entire league, Schneider wouldn't even be top 100 at the moment.

It would be like offering two decent 3rd liners, one for each Sedin
Hahaaha what.

Do you know who Cory Schneider is?

We are talking about an elite goaltender, who I am willing to bet, will be a Vezina nominee & top 5 goalie next year or the year after.

This guy is already elite and he still has alot of time left in his career, not to mention he is a great guy, and has a great contract.

This guy is like an E.Kane in terms of goalies. Thats what I would ask or no deal. Cause Cory is the real deal.

Sergei Shirokov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 03:39 AM
Pip
[hello] :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiva View Post
Reality hurts sometimes doesn't it? I think nuck fans are in for some major shocks this summer. They made their bed with Schnieder, so they have to lay in it. As to Louie, sorry, but I think there is a 75% chance they will end up buying him out as well as Ballard this summer, because they have no choice in the matter. I believe they have 17 players signed for next year, something like 50,000 dollars in cap space, and to be honest, it is true, no one really likes the canucks, especially GM's that had to deal with your GM when he was a player agent.

He should have traded Louie last summer, even at pennies on the dollar. Louie has one of the worse trade values there is because of the stupid contract, and other GM's will smell blood. I doubt anyone will take that contract back, (because of the possibility he could retire early and the team would be stuck with his cap hit) and the best the Canucks can take back is a very low salary 4th liner type player. Not sure any GM would even do that.

The Sedins though would be a possibility, if they wanted to be traded, which I doubt. Even though, they may decide to finish out their contract and return to Sweden, so they would be a rental at trade deadline for any kind of deal to a contender. If they decided to stay, and reup, then their value is very very high because though they are now older, they still are elite level players that can control entire games.
stopped reading here

There are plenty of solutions to solve our cap issues, and most of them are pretty simple.

Pip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 03:42 AM
McSuper
5-14-6-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajinikanthfan1 View Post
i rather see luongo as our starter and i rather have schneider gone because he can bring more players in return and luongo i dont see anyone good coming back

fire away
Oilers 2 2nds , Hemsky at 1/2 salary and DD . I know it is not one player , but it helps the Canucks retool

McSuper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 03:52 AM
Scott Scissons
No.1 Bust

vCash: 835
Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
stopped reading here

There are plenty of solutions to solve our cap issues, and most of them are pretty simple.
Yes (get rid of/buy out/trade) (Luongo/Booth/Ballard).
Cap problem fixed, no clue why you would trade away the younger cheaper goalie.

Scott Scissons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 06:08 AM
Brooklanders*

Quote:
To Philly for Couturier
To NYI for Strome

Hilarious. You seriously think the Islanders would trade Strome for Schneider?
No way Devils make this deal. NJ would trade Zajac before Henrique. Henrique is do for a raise soon.
I'm not too high on Couturier but Flyers fans seem to be.

Brooklanders* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 06:11 AM
Vankiller Whale
Fire Benning

vCash: 1800
Quote:
Originally Posted by BROOKLYnKNIGHTS View Post
Hilarious. You seriously think the Islanders would trade Strome for Schneider?
No way Devils make this deal. NJ would trade Zajac before Henrique. Henrique is do for a raise soon.
I'm not too high on Couturier but Flyers fans seem to be.
If the price is too high, then you're welcome to walk away. We aren't shopping Schneider, and that's what it woud take to get him. Why should we trade him for anything less?

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 06:12 AM
Brooklanders*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Shirokov View Post
Hahaaha what.

Do you know who Cory Schneider is?

We are talking about an elite goaltender, who I am willing to bet, will be a Vezina nominee & top 5 goalie next year or the year after.

This guy is already elite and he still has alot of time left in his career, not to mention he is a great guy, and has a great contract.

This guy is like an E.Kane in terms of goalies. Thats what I would ask or no deal. Cause Cory is the real deal.
Elite goalies are the cream of the crop. Luongo is the best goalie on the Canucks. Schneider is not a top 5. Elite is Lundquist or Quick

Old
06-10-2013, 06:13 AM
Brooklanders*

Quote:
If the price is too high, then you're welcome to walk away. We aren't shopping Schneider, and that's what it woud take to get him. Why should we trade him for anything less?
We don't want any of your goalies.