HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Shipping equipment from Bulgaria

Old
07-04-2013, 07:23 PM
TheWauth

vCash: 500
Shipping equipment from Bulgaria

I am going to be in Bulgaria for August (maybe longer) and have an opportunity to play some hockey. I plan on bringing my gear on my flight with me, however I plan on travelling around the rest of Europe as well and obviously don't/can't take my gear with me everywhere I go. Does anyone have an idea of how much it would cost to send all my gear from Sofia (or any European city) to Canada? Thanks

TheWauth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 02:39 AM
gosinger

vCash: 500
It is going to be pretty expensive, I know of people using an extra suitcase on the plane to get their stuff from .ca to .eu :/

In any case international shipping always goes by weight, and extra-bulky stuff like sticks is extra. The Bulgarian postal office does have this little gem in english:

Quote:
Parcels must not exceed 1.50 m for any of the dimensions, nor 3 m for the sum of the length and the greatest circumference measured in a direction other than that of length of the parcel.
The maximum allowed weight of international parcel items is 31, 5 kg.
Using google translate you can find this site which (assuming .ca is zone 5) lists the prices for different weights (i.e. 10kg => 120 lev (BGN) = 80 USD)

gosinger is offline   Reply With Quote