HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Dallas-Ottawa

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-10-2013, 12:51 PM
  #26
WillyBilly1990
Registered User
 
WillyBilly1990's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Gatineau, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 508
vCash: 812
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Guy View Post
Ottawa CANNOT afford to let Turris go without another second line centre coming in

He's not going anywhere after how good he was in the playoffs

The value is fair, needs are not met however

We can afford to trade him for Benn not Eriksson tho
We have 2 other Capable Center in Zibanejad and Pageau we could split the time on the second line between them.

WillyBilly1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 12:58 PM
  #27
JackBauer
Registered User
 
JackBauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Ottawa, Ont.
Posts: 2,356
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyBilly1990 View Post
Fair value for Karlsson would be Benn + Eriksson and i would still not do that. Dallas traded most of there veterans they are rebuilding they need quantity over quality right now.You could argue that they got Gonchar but he was brought in to teach there young Defence.
I didn't say I would trade Karlsson for Benn, I said that's what Dallas should/would ask for. And they be right to do so. He's not in the last year or two of his contract, he's not signed for a ridiculous cap hit, he isn't asking for a trade, he hasn't been struggling, he isn't a locker room cancer. No reason to trade him.

The idea that any team, at any point in their lifecycle needs quantity over quality is idiotic. You don't trade bonafide franchise players for quantity, whether you are in Year 1 of your franchise history, in rebuild mode or Cup finalists. By your logic, two years ago when we were in rebuild mode, we should have traded Karlsson and Spezza to accumulate quantity...

JackBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 01:07 PM
  #28
Mr Misty
The Irons Are Back!
 
Mr Misty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,789
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyBilly1990 View Post
Fair value for Karlsson would be Benn + Eriksson and i would still not do that. Dallas traded most of there veterans they are rebuilding they need quantity over quality right now.You could argue that they got Gonchar but he was brought in to teach there young Defence.
This is 100% wrong. None of the players traded last season had contracts that went beyond July 5th, and none of them were part of the future of this team. Veterans like Robidas, Whitney, and Fiddler were not moved because we aren't rebuilding, and if you take 2 seconds to look at our prospect page you will see we have plenty of depth in every position and our need is top talent.

Mr Misty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 01:10 PM
  #29
Benny FTW
Tool Time Travel
 
Benny FTW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,600
vCash: 50
Yes please.

Benny FTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 01:11 PM
  #30
Benny FTW
Tool Time Travel
 
Benny FTW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,600
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattoo View Post
Bong resin clouding your rational thoughts? Wow!
No. He is correct. Karlsson > Stars franchise.

Benny FTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 01:11 PM
  #31
Security Guard Chang*
Chang's Army
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Greendale
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,853
vCash: 500
I am of the opinion that depth wins championships.

Spezza- Zibanejad - Turris- Smith - Pageau

Looks amazing down the middle for the next 5+ years.

Security Guard Chang* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 01:13 PM
  #32
Sony Eriksson*
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: N. Dallas/NYC
Country: Faroe Islands
Posts: 13,583
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny FTW View Post
No. He is correct. Karlsson > Stars franchise.
Lol...i reiterate yet again!

Sony Eriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 01:14 PM
  #33
StayThirstyMyFriend
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 288
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackBauer View Post
I didn't say I would trade Karlsson for Benn, I said that's what Dallas should/would ask for. And they be right to do so. He's not in the last year or two of his contract, he's not signed for a ridiculous cap hit, he isn't asking for a trade, he hasn't been struggling, he isn't a locker room cancer. No reason to trade him.

The idea that any team, at any point in their lifecycle needs quantity over quality is idiotic. You don't trade bonafide franchise players for quantity, whether you are in Year 1 of your franchise history, in rebuild mode or Cup finalists. By your logic, two years ago when we were in rebuild mode, we should have traded Karlsson and Spezza to accumulate quantity...
So what has Benn done to deserve all this adulation that would make him a bonafide franchise player? Maybe I'm wrong but from what I've seen he is a very good player and has put up decent numbers, but I don't think he is a "great" player yet... We're not talking JT or Stamkos.

StayThirstyMyFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 01:18 PM
  #34
WillyBilly1990
Registered User
 
WillyBilly1990's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Gatineau, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 508
vCash: 812
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackBauer View Post
I didn't say I would trade Karlsson for Benn, I said that's what Dallas should/would ask for. And they be right to do so. He's not in the last year or two of his contract, he's not signed for a ridiculous cap hit, he isn't asking for a trade, he hasn't been struggling, he isn't a locker room cancer. No reason to trade him.

The idea that any team, at any point in their lifecycle needs quantity over quality is idiotic. You don't trade bonafide franchise players for quantity, whether you are in Year 1 of your franchise history, in rebuild mode or Cup finalists. By your logic, two years ago when we were in rebuild mode, we should have traded Karlsson and Spezza to accumulate quantity...
Karlsson was not the Karlsson we know now and Spezza was injured that season only playing 62 games

WillyBilly1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 01:29 PM
  #35
Mr Misty
The Irons Are Back!
 
Mr Misty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,789
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyBilly1990 View Post
Karlsson was not the Karlsson we know now and Spezza was injured that season only playing 62 games
When you rebuild you trade older guys like Iginla and Kipprusoff or Marleu and Thornton, you don't trade your young stars. Plus Dallas is coming to the end of the cycle hopefully, with 1st and 2nd year NHLers poised to make a big impact, a time in which it makes no sense to trade away assets you think will be productive in the next 3-4 years.

Mr Misty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 01:44 PM
  #36
rschile
Registered User
 
rschile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 72
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StayThirstyMyFriend View Post
So what has Benn done to deserve all this adulation that would make him a bonafide franchise player? Maybe I'm wrong but from what I've seen he is a very good player and has put up decent numbers, but I don't think he is a "great" player yet... We're not talking JT or Stamkos.
benn could be close to one of those players, he just didnt really improve this year, but if he puts it together he can dominate. and karlsson used to be more then the stars franchise obviously not anymore

rschile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 01:49 PM
  #37
Ogi1Kenobi
Registered User
 
Ogi1Kenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,131
vCash: 500
Dallas is not trading Ja. Benn. The owner and management loves him too much. Anyone who hasn't seen him play, and rely solely on his numbers, can't understand why he is the face of the franchise.

Ogi1Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 01:52 PM
  #38
Lukus
Registered User
 
Lukus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 531
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackBauer View Post
The idea that any team, at any point in their lifecycle needs quantity over quality is idiotic. You don't trade bonafide franchise players for quantity, whether you are in Year 1 of your franchise history, in rebuild mode or Cup finalists. By your logic, two years ago when we were in rebuild mode, we should have traded Karlsson and Spezza to accumulate quantity...
Have to disagree with you. While Karlsson and Spezza weren't involved, we did trade assets for a boatload of potential which is exactly what a rebuilding team needs. I am of the opinion that in a major rebuilding phase, trading your best player(s) for several bluechip prospects and/or 1st picks is more beneficial in the long run in the rebuilding process as you have the potential of addressing more holes with one transaction.

Lukus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 01:58 PM
  #39
PoutineSp00nZ
Registered User
 
PoutineSp00nZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,256
vCash: 500
Im just not sure why the Stars would trade either Eriksson or Benn. They're both young enough to be hitting their primes when the rebuild starts to bear fruit in several seasons.

PoutineSp00nZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 02:07 PM
  #40
OmniSens
@OmniSenators
 
OmniSens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 36,874
vCash: 106
Send a message via Skype™ to OmniSens
Holy crap! Ottawa clearly needs to add

Seriously, this is too lopsided.

__________________
1x Best Avatar winner
OmniSens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 02:10 PM
  #41
LeHabsMan
Registered User
 
LeHabsMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Laval
Country: Italy
Posts: 1,624
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primetimey View Post
I don't. ... edited your proposal.. ok
What did I edit?

LeHabsMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 02:18 PM
  #42
Trillmike
Registered User
 
Trillmike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 3,370
vCash: 500
This is horrible.

Trillmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 02:25 PM
  #43
Do Make Say Think
Registered User
 
Do Make Say Think's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 11,451
vCash: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyBilly1990 View Post
We can afford to trade him for Benn not Eriksson tho
We have 2 other Capable Center in Zibanejad and Pageau we could split the time on the second line between them.
We traded to go get Turris

The guy was put on the first line and while he struggled (not just a little) offensively he was a trooper about it

And then he went into overdrive in the playoffs

You don't trade players who performed like he did as soon as the season is over

Do Make Say Think is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 02:38 PM
  #44
WillyBilly1990
Registered User
 
WillyBilly1990's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Gatineau, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 508
vCash: 812
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Guy View Post
We traded to go get Turris

The guy was put on the first line and while he struggled (not just a little) offensively he was a trooper about it

And then he went into overdrive in the playoffs

You don't trade players who performed like he did as soon as the season is over
Like i said it would be worth it for Benn just not for Eriksson

WillyBilly1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 02:40 PM
  #45
WillyBilly1990
Registered User
 
WillyBilly1990's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Gatineau, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 508
vCash: 812
Quote:
Originally Posted by rschile View Post
benn could be close to one of those players, he just didnt really improve this year, but if he puts it together he can dominate. and karlsson used to be more then the stars franchise obviously not anymore
What do you mean not anymore he is going to be just as good as he was before a turd injured him.

WillyBilly1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 02:53 PM
  #46
Zrhutch
Registered User
 
Zrhutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 907
vCash: 500
Seeing someone have to ask if Benn can play wing is all I need to know about how unappreciated the guy is.

Zrhutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 03:06 PM
  #47
JackBauer
Registered User
 
JackBauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Ottawa, Ont.
Posts: 2,356
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyBilly1990 View Post
Karlsson was not the Karlsson we know now and Spezza was injured that season only playing 62 games
You mean the Karlsson that put up 45 pts in 75 games as a 20 yr old (top 20 in scoring)? You're saying that guy wasn't of equal or greater value as Benn now? As for Spezza, he was also coming off four consecutive 70+ pt seasons (including 3 87+ pt season) before 2 injury riddled years (where he was still a PPG player). So let me understand your argument. You are saying the Stars should trade Benn for "quantity" because he's a paramount asset and they are rebuilding and quantity is better than quality. But two years ago, a 45pt 20yr old dman and an ~85pt 27 yr old centre weren't valuable enough to trade for "quantity"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukus View Post
Have to disagree with you. While Karlsson and Spezza weren't involved, we did trade assets for a boatload of potential which is exactly what a rebuilding team needs. I am of the opinion that in a major rebuilding phase, trading your best player(s) for several bluechip prospects and/or 1st picks is more beneficial in the long run in the rebuilding process as you have the potential of addressing more holes with one transaction.
What franchise/core assets did we trade to acquire "boatloads of potential? during a "rebuild" The only two in franchise history you could argue for are Yashin and Heater and there were extenuating circumstances in both cases there (and I would argue that the Heater trade wasn't even in a rebuild period).

There is a significant difference between trading the Fishers/Ruutus/Kellys of the world and trading the Spezzas/Karlssons of the world. Its fine for a rebuilding Stars team to trade Morrow/Roy/Jagr to stockpile potential. Its counterintuitive to the term "rebuild" to trade a 23-yr old ~25 goal scorer.


Last edited by JackBauer: 06-10-2013 at 03:11 PM.
JackBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 03:30 PM
  #48
Rune Forumwalker
Registered User
 
Rune Forumwalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 2,345
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyBilly1990 View Post
Can Benn play on any of the wings ?
Yes, he was a winger for most of his career until a few years ago. As such he would be a way better on the wing than at center.

Rune Forumwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 04:46 PM
  #49
BigZKingK
Registered User
 
BigZKingK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 852
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackBauer View Post
You mean the Karlsson that put up 45 pts in 75 games as a 20 yr old (top 20 in scoring)? You're saying that guy wasn't of equal or greater value as Benn now? As for Spezza, he was also coming off four consecutive 70+ pt seasons (including 3 87+ pt season) before 2 injury riddled years (where he was still a PPG player). So let me understand your argument. You are saying the Stars should trade Benn for "quantity" because he's a paramount asset and they are rebuilding and quantity is better than quality. But two years ago, a 45pt 20yr old dman and an ~85pt 27 yr old centre weren't valuable enough to trade for "quantity"?



What franchise/core assets did we trade to acquire "boatloads of potential? during a "rebuild" The only two in franchise history you could argue for are Yashin and Heater and there were extenuating circumstances in both cases there (and I would argue that the Heater trade wasn't even in a rebuild period).

There is a significant difference between trading the Fishers/Ruutus/Kellys of the world and trading the Spezzas/Karlssons of the world. Its fine for a rebuilding Stars team to trade Morrow/Roy/Jagr to stockpile potential. Its counterintuitive to the term "rebuild" to trade a 23-yr old ~25 goal scorer.
Don't you dare start using logic over here son follow the rule it's the trade board not some circus

2 rebuilding team can't/won't/souldn't trade young asset let the kids develop and see what you have first

BigZKingK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 05:32 PM
  #50
saskriders
ColinGreening's#1fan
 
saskriders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Calgary/Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,471
vCash: 1322
No for both teams.


Don't want to give up good depth unless it is for someone really good

saskriders is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:27 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.