HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Subban wins the Norris!!!!! (per Reality)

Old
06-16-2013, 03:40 PM
Gally11

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 131313 View Post
Personally i think that we did better last year with Fischer , Maxwell , White and Valentenko.But that may be due to the fact that i don't know much about the American kids that we drafted in the late rounds this year (Conboy , Stejskal , Kishel).

This year wasn't bad with guys like McDonagh and Pacioretty but we drafted too many defensemen imho.I was also kind of disappointed that we passed on Keven Veilleux in the 2nd round for Subban.Still , i like PK so it's not really a big deal.
this one was my favorite, found it in a different thread though while looking for that one

Gally11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 04:34 PM
One Less Louise
Dale Weise it !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metropolitsky View Post
That thread is a perfect example why I trust none of you guys
To be fair, even the pros got it wrong since Subban wasn't even drafted in the first round.

One Less Louise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 04:39 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
I wonder if he'd still get all of this hate if he was white... I mean, there's no way he'd EVER be able to get away with a tweet like this:

@ErikKarlsson65
I've been told not to tweet when I'm drinking. But everybody knows that even thou your an professional. U drink. Lol

https://twitter.com/ErikKarlsson65/s...62240033775616
Interesting question. I think a part of it has to do with him being a Hab...but Price is universally loved....so maybe it's not that. I think if he was white there'd be far less whining and crying.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 04:43 PM
WhiskeySeven
Retired. Bye.

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Well, you can find it excessive and juvenile but social media is very real. Maybe you don't care about it but so many people use it.

It is odd that you see a tweet about Father's day from Gionta, but not about the Norris. Not that I even paid attention to who sent him a twit, I'm not on twitter and would know nothing of it if it wasn't mentioned here.
Maybe he sent him a txt, maybe not, but if you play for Mtl you should know that not making your congratulations public when you're on twitter could start some controversy. It's Montreal, let's not be surprised about it.

Maybe, maybe not. You would assume so, but I also would have assumed that his teammates would say they're happy to see him back in the lineup last season except nobody said it.
If you know my posts you know that I absolutely abhor Gionta play and contract and personally feel like he isn't fit to be the spokesman or leader of the Canadiens. But flipping a lid at tweets, when half these guys are too stupid to even know what a smartphone is and the other half are injured/rehabbing/vacationing/busy, is just plain stupid and childish.

Any excuse to hate on Gionta and you'll see me there, but this isn't one of them.

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 04:53 PM
Dwight
The French Tickler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gally11 View Post
Damn, there's me right at the top of the page

Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 05:22 PM
Prairie Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwight View Post
Damn, there's me right at the top of the page
Don't feel bad. At this time last year McGuire was saying we should trade Subban and Galchenyuk for Yakupov and that nut gets paid for his opinion. Can you imagine if we actually made him out GM?

Prairie Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 05:27 PM
SB164

Brandon Prust ‏@BrandonPrust8 18h

@PKSubban1 man ur cute.. 2nd hottest guy on the Habs!

Colby Armstrong ‏@armdog 18h

@BrandonPrust8 @PKSubban1 thanks prusty I always thought u thought I was the best looking. #imnumber1

SB164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 05:41 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
If you know my posts you know that I absolutely abhor Gionta play and contract and personally feel like he isn't fit to be the spokesman or leader of the Canadiens. But flipping a lid at tweets, when half these guys are too stupid to even know what a smartphone is and the other half are injured/rehabbing/vacationing/busy, is just plain stupid and childish.

Any excuse to hate on Gionta and you'll see me there, but this isn't one of them.
Gionta is just one of many. But his name was brought up because he twitted today for father's day. Anyways I'm with you, couldn't care less about this. I'm just saying I'm not surprised to see it raise attention. As I said, this is Montreal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairie Habs View Post
Don't feel bad. At this time last year McGuire was saying we should trade Subban and Galchenyuk for Yakupov and that nut gets paid for his opinion. Can you imagine if we actually made him out GM?
McGuire actually never said that. He said that the Oilers would probably demand PK+1st for their 1st overall. He never said we should actually make this trade.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 05:57 PM
BLASPHEMOUS
LEBBRRRAAAWWNNNNN

vCash: 450
Quote:

That's it, I don't care who Montreal drafts, I'll wait it out before judging the picks.

BLASPHEMOUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 06:12 PM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
McGuire actually never said that. He said that the Oilers would probably demand PK+1st for their 1st overall. He never said we should actually make this trade.
Agreed, he never said he'd do it....he'd probably add in pacioretty too Image glad we got MB instead....but Image even happier he didn't go for such a terrible deal.

Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 06:13 PM
Estimated_Prophet

I agree with Subban winning the Norris but there are some bonified idiots who cast some of these votes. Markov received a first place vote and Souray even cracked the top 5 on one of the ballets.

That is proof that there are at least two voters out there that know less about hockey than I did at the age of 9 years old.....

Estimated_Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 06:48 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

vCash: 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gally11
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...+draft&page=12

Enjoy reading this.. I did
Oh lord... This is outrageously entertaining

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake
Really dissapointed in that pick. Sorry.....

With Veilleux, Moller, Fortier, Tyrell available.

Subban is supposed to be awful defensively....
Not your best call Whitesnake, not your best call!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillemin
http://hockeysfuture.com/prospects/p.k._subban

That about says it.

Dandenault type player. Maybe a convert winger?

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 07:24 PM
MasterDecoy
Lo Pan's lovechild

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
WHYYYYY!!!!! Who is this guy. Timmins really is going for the homerun, let's hope he does't strike out.
you can say that again

hockey's future take on subban

"If some team thinks they can rein in his freelancing ways – or maybe convert him into a forward – then the offensive potential is there. Otherwise, take note – there is absolutely no “D” in P.K. Subban’s name or game."

i loooooove time travels

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 07:41 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

vCash: 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
you can say that again

hockey's future take on subban

"If some team thinks they can rein in his freelancing ways – or maybe convert him into a forward – then the offensive potential is there. Otherwise, take note – there is absolutely no “D” in P.K. Subban’s name or game."

i loooooove time travels
This one is a gem :

''for once the Habs could address an overdue problem, without giving nothing in return, and draft a big right handed centerman in Veilleux and they go for Subban.

nothing against Subban, but that's not the Habs' most pressing need

way to go Trevor ''

Its most amusing when you consider Veilleux played with the Wheeling Nailers last year, our ECHL affiliate

Its also a good example that drafting for need isn't a good thing. We have Eller today that does what we would have wished Veilleux to do. We also have a norris winning defensemen, just in time to take over declining Markov's status as no1.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 08:07 PM
Whitesnake
Here we go again!

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
Not your best call Whitesnake, not your best call!
Note the "supposed"......I was going with the reports....

Yep, I made some wrong calls. Some terrible ones. Pretty sure everybody did though....Only the ones who have no opinions and just wait for others to have them so they'd be bashed are always right.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 08:12 PM
Team_Spirit
SAINT RADULOV

and landed a kitkat deal.

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 08:18 PM
Spectaculard

Send a message via MSN to Spectaculard
With subby and Gally on the team, maybe one day a hab will be on an EA cover.

Spectaculard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 09:01 PM
Blackshad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endersoldier View Post

That's it, I don't care who Montreal drafts, I'll wait it out before judging the picks.
That thread show how dumb you look when you speak about something you dont know.

Blackshad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 09:16 PM
Lebowski
El Duderino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackshad View Post
That thread show how dumb you look when you speak about something you dont know.
Oh please. PK was ignored by over 40 teams before the Habs took him. Are all these scouts ignorant because they missed out on possibly the best player of the draft class (at worst 2nd best player...)?

But hey, if YOU know what you're talking about, do tell us which guys from the 12-13 draft the Habs should pick so we can bump this in 6 years and acclaim you

Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 09:26 PM
Stoneburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post

Yep, I made some wrong calls. Some terrible ones. Pretty sure everybody did though....Only the ones who have no opinions and just wait for others to have them so they'd be bashed are always right.
I think we all appreciate whatever insight you have into our prospects, and no one expects you to be right all time, heck, you are really just passing along info. as you noted.

Stoneburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 09:27 PM
Blackshad

Hahaha, what the hell was that. I dont know any better. I was just pointing out that some people go overboard really quick. Glad you took it personnal.

Blackshad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 10:00 PM
Whitesnake
Here we go again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habbadasher View Post
I think we all appreciate whatever insight you have into our prospects, and no one expects you to be right all time, heck, you are really just passing along info. as you noted.
Not solely passing info though....I stand by the reports I made. My latest best one was to say that I was never impressed by Hudon in the 15 games I saw him in. Thing is, I was not impressed. I guess I totally misread the kid as he is going to be special for us. I'm rarely hesitant to talk about my bad calls as well.....Started with my great rant against Timmins in 2005 after the Price pick and so on....But I prefer having opinions. Think it's probably what a board should be about. Not having the truth, but having opinions. As well-educated as we can have. And live with it after.

Old
06-16-2013, 10:12 PM
overlords
youmyboyblou!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post

Exactly. Not like seeing that thread changes anything. People forget that Subban has had an absolutely ridiculous learning curve. If you were calling picks like that year after year, you'd have a few teams throwing money at you.

I'll still be hoping for a dev/training camp report from you if you can do it this year.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 10:15 PM
Whitesnake
Here we go again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Exactly. Not like seeing that thread changes anything. People forget that Subban has had an absolutely ridiculous learning curve. If you were calling picks like that year after year, you'd have a few teams throwing money at you.

I'll still be hoping for a dev/training camp report from you if you can do it this year.
It's my intention. Though with 2 kids now, it's a little tougher...I usually have only 1 day for those reports. It all depends on what the Habs give us though. Sometimes, they are doing it on purpose with their Wednesday to Saturday schedule....I mean...I do work. So can't go during weekdays. But if they can include 2 weekend days...I'd do my best. I know people loved my Ryan White bashing day...but hey I kept putting it in context. Ryan is NOT your favorite candidate for those types of camps.....

Old
06-16-2013, 10:18 PM
MonkeyBusiness

I don't know if this has been posted before but here is the article from prohockeytalk, http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...norris-trophy/. It's pretty funny seeing all the comments on how Subban can't play defense, these people really don't know anything about the sport. Clueless as it gets

MonkeyBusiness is offline   Reply With Quote