HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 Draft Thread: DousedInOil's Annual Rankings Edition

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-28-2013, 12:07 PM
  #901
Paralyzer008
Registered User
 
Paralyzer008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,327
vCash: 500
Hmmm...notice that JJ Hebert, who's in charge of the Oilers twitter account and always around the team, has only mentioned Monahan, Nurse and Barkov so far.

I'm looking into it too much

Paralyzer008 is online now  
Old
06-28-2013, 12:16 PM
  #902
Sloth Slothersons*
They cut my beard
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Planet Earth
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,329
vCash: 500
Dan Tencer ‏@dantencer 3m
Darnell Nurse on his edge: "I like to hit people. Honestly."

I don't know about drafting this psychopath..


Sloth Slothersons* is offline  
Old
06-28-2013, 12:21 PM
  #903
Bryanbryoil
Moderator
 
Bryanbryoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 54,280
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloth Slothersons View Post
Dan Tencer ‏@dantencer 3m
Darnell Nurse on his edge: "I like to hit people. Honestly."

I don't know about drafting this psychopath..

Yeah he wouldn't fit in very well with our wallflowers All joking aside we need guys like these in a big way.

__________________
Treat Others As You Would Like To Be Treated
Bryanbryoil is offline  
Old
06-28-2013, 12:25 PM
  #904
Paralyzer008
Registered User
 
Paralyzer008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,327
vCash: 500
Dustin Nielson says EDM held visits with Monahan, Nurse and Horvat.

I think these are the three targets folks. Monahan or Nurse, Horvat if they move down

Paralyzer008 is online now  
Old
06-28-2013, 01:03 PM
  #905
doubledown99
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,770
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzer008 View Post
Dustin Nielson says EDM held visits with Monahan, Nurse and Horvat.

I think these are the three targets folks. Monahan or Nurse, Horvat if they move down
Man I love all 3 of those players. Would be happy with any of them.

doubledown99 is offline  
Old
06-28-2013, 01:15 PM
  #906
speeds
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: St.Albert
Posts: 6,823
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzer008 View Post
Dustin Nielson says EDM held visits with Monahan, Nurse and Horvat.

I think these are the three targets folks. Monahan or Nurse, Horvat if they move down
Could be, but at the same time if Lindholm and Nichushkin (and maybe Barkov, depending if they are looking to trade up) were back in Europe, maybe it just didn't work out to have them come to EDM, and it doesn't necessarily reflect whether the Oilers are interested in them or not?

speeds is offline  
Old
06-28-2013, 01:51 PM
  #907
Musashi
Registered User
 
Musashi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,378
vCash: 500
Nurse coming up on Oilers now

Musashi is offline  
Old
06-28-2013, 02:00 PM
  #908
BOUNCE
Registered User
 
BOUNCE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 637
vCash: 500
Nurse likes hitting people. Any prospect/player who says that get's a +1 in my book. Also went on said that he rather give the hit then receive it. He looked up to and followed many players, like Jerome Iginla. Doesn't care where he get's drafted. He confirmed the Oilers have kept in contact with him even after the combine. Huge possibility for us to take him, unless he's taken earlier.

BOUNCE is offline  
Old
06-28-2013, 02:24 PM
  #909
CantHaveTkachev
Cant Have McTkachev
 
CantHaveTkachev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: 5-14-6-1
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,218
vCash: 1722
seems to me the Oilers are gearing up to pick Nurse at #7

CantHaveTkachev is online now  
Old
06-28-2013, 02:24 PM
  #910
Sloth Slothersons*
They cut my beard
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Planet Earth
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,329
vCash: 500
I would feel much better if his last name was Doctor. Rather we take a centerman.

Sloth Slothersons* is offline  
Old
06-28-2013, 02:30 PM
  #911
CanadianCommie
Cold North Comrade
 
CanadianCommie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Sherwood Park, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,568
vCash: 500
If Nurse is truly the BPA at 7, then pick him.

It's that simple.

As much as we NEED other things, the Oilers shouldn't pass up on a great asset just because they think they know better. Given this organization's track record, a bit of a simplification of the process seems like the best path to take.

CanadianCommie is offline  
Old
06-28-2013, 02:33 PM
  #912
McDNicks17
Moderator
McDavid Cometh
 
McDNicks17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,411
vCash: 1115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloth Slothersons View Post
I would feel much better if his last name was Doctor. Rather we take a centerman.
Well, his teammates call him "Doc", if that helps.

McDNicks17 is offline  
Old
06-28-2013, 02:41 PM
  #913
Soli
Moderator
Supervision Required
 
Soli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 13,889
vCash: 500
Carolina hasn't brought Monahan in for any additional interview post-combine.

I shall continue the Monahan boosting. Bwahaha.

Soli is offline  
Old
06-28-2013, 02:41 PM
  #914
SephF
5-14-6-1
 
SephF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,155
vCash: 500
I *really* want Nichushkin. Would settle with Monahan or Lindholm though.

Would be less excited about Nurse because I really don't want to wait for a defenseman. Love Horvat but not at 7.

SephF is offline  
Old
06-28-2013, 02:43 PM
  #915
McDNicks17
Moderator
McDavid Cometh
 
McDNicks17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,411
vCash: 1115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soli View Post
Carolina hasn't brought Monahan in for any additional interview post-combine.

I shall continue the Monahan boosting. Bwahaha.
Just setting yourself up for disappointment when Feaster takes him.

McDNicks17 is offline  
Old
06-28-2013, 02:48 PM
  #916
McDNicks17
Moderator
McDavid Cometh
 
McDNicks17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,411
vCash: 1115
Nurse is answering questions on the NHL twitter right now, by the way.

McDNicks17 is offline  
Old
06-28-2013, 02:49 PM
  #917
Soli
Moderator
Supervision Required
 
Soli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 13,889
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
Just setting yourself up for disappointment when Feaster takes him.
We're gonna swap picks with Carolina.

Soli is offline  
Old
06-28-2013, 02:53 PM
  #918
McDoused
Registered User
 
McDoused's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Katy <3
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,191
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
Just setting yourself up for disappointment when Feaster takes him.
Do we have a heart break emoticon? </3

McDoused is offline  
Old
06-28-2013, 02:53 PM
  #919
McDNicks17
Moderator
McDavid Cometh
 
McDNicks17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,411
vCash: 1115
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 7m
Stuck in NYC traffic, might as well tweet the results of a survey I do with NHL scouts on respective "best of" for prospects.

Prospect most ready to step into NHL and play now: Nathan MacKinnon tops, Seth Jones runner up.

Prospect with the most complete game: Aleksander Barkov with the win over Nathan MacKinnon.

Biggest draft day Wild Card prospect: Winger Valery Nichushkin, with 8 out of 10 votes.

Prospect with the best shot: Brandon dman Ryan Pulock. Seth Jones got a couple of votes too.

Fastest skater: Nathan MacKinnon.

Jonathan Drouin was runaway leader in 3 categories: best puckhandler, best playmaker, best hockey sense. And it wasn't close in any of them.

Biggest/hardest hitter: London Knight defenceman Nikita Zadorov.

Toughest prospect: Sam Morin with slight lead over J-I Diaby and Ryan Hartman.

Best agitator: Plymouth's Ryan Hartman with clear win but guy he fought in Prospects Game Kerby Rychel got a couple of votes.

Best pure goal-scorer: Anthony Mantha with the win over Drouin, MacKinnon, Shinkaruk. Mantha scored 50 this season.


Last edited by McDNicks17: 06-28-2013 at 03:00 PM.
McDNicks17 is offline  
Old
06-28-2013, 02:54 PM
  #920
AlowlyMcOilersfan
Comrade
 
AlowlyMcOilersfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,213
vCash: 50
anyone know who the best overall skater is?

AlowlyMcOilersfan is offline  
Old
06-28-2013, 03:44 PM
  #921
nexttothemoon
light.end.tunnel
 
nexttothemoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Northern Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,392
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 7m
Stuck in NYC traffic, might as well tweet the results of a survey I do with NHL scouts on respective "best of" for prospects.

Prospect most ready to step into NHL and play now: Nathan MacKinnon tops, Seth Jones runner up.

Prospect with the most complete game: Aleksander Barkov with the win over Nathan MacKinnon.

Biggest draft day Wild Card prospect: Winger Valery Nichushkin, with 8 out of 10 votes.

Prospect with the best shot: Brandon dman Ryan Pulock. Seth Jones got a couple of votes too.

Fastest skater: Nathan MacKinnon.

Jonathan Drouin was runaway leader in 3 categories: best puckhandler, best playmaker, best hockey sense. And it wasn't close in any of them.

Biggest/hardest hitter: London Knight defenceman Nikita Zadorov.

Toughest prospect: Sam Morin with slight lead over J-I Diaby and Ryan Hartman.

Best agitator: Plymouth's Ryan Hartman with clear win but guy he fought in Prospects Game Kerby Rychel got a couple of votes.

Best pure goal-scorer: Anthony Mantha with the win over Drouin, MacKinnon, Shinkaruk. Mantha scored 50 this season.
Good stuff. McKenzie has direct access to a pile of top scouts minds so it's interesting to see this info "from the horses mouth".

nexttothemoon is offline  
Old
06-28-2013, 08:43 PM
  #922
Paralyzer008
Registered User
 
Paralyzer008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,327
vCash: 500
From Corey Pronman's mock draft:

Quote:
7. Edmonton Oilers, C Sean Monahan, Ottawa (OHL)

Several sources believe the big Russian defenseman Nikita Zadorov is Edmonton's target at this spot, but the team has been very straightforward about wanting a center, even naming Sean Monahan. If Monahan is taken by now, I have heard that Edmonton is high on Lindholm as well. If the Oilers trade down, there are a number of players I believe they would target, including Zadorov, Darnell Nurse, Bo Horvat, and Curtis Lazar.

Paralyzer008 is online now  
Old
06-28-2013, 09:05 PM
  #923
Greasy Sliders
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 267
vCash: 500
What would you guys think if edmonton was to move down , acquiring an nhl-ready player and taking Morin in the last half of the draft?

Greasy Sliders is offline  
Old
06-28-2013, 09:11 PM
  #924
McDoused
Registered User
 
McDoused's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Katy <3
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,191
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasy Sliders View Post
What would you guys think if edmonton was to move down , acquiring an nhl-ready player and taking Morin in the last half of the draft?
MacT already stated he doesn't want to move past 14 and even that was too low. Besides, with a player like Morin, you have no idea where he is going to go. He could go top 10 or be around at the end of the first.

McDoused is offline  
Old
06-28-2013, 09:12 PM
  #925
Hockey Nightmare
Registered User
 
Hockey Nightmare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 3,352
vCash: 500
Maybe drafting a center vs. defenceman depends on whether we keep Gagner and vice versa.

Hockey Nightmare is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:11 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.