HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Rangers Name Alain Vigneault Head Coach

Closed Thread

Old
06-15-2013, 01:41 PM
Kokoschka

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan the caddy View Post
If Glen can't compete with the Phoenix Coyotes on a coaching hire then he's not cut out for this job.
I'd think he wouldn't wanna mess with his old buddy down there. I agree, you have to be an ass as a GM, but you gotta be an ass in the right situation. You just can't go out and be full Holmgren all the time. Otherwise 29 other ***** might want to kick your ass.

Old
06-15-2013, 01:41 PM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

vCash: 50
The no cup argument pisses me the **** off.

AV was 1 game away from the cup, people are trying to tell me that AV is a good enough coach to win 15 games in the playoffs, but 16? NOOOO NO CHANCE!

aggravating.

PS - I just became a rangers fan (never really disliked you guys, you had our back in the playoffs for multiple years, we remember!)

Old
06-15-2013, 01:42 PM
stan the caddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers79 View Post
That has nothing to do with the statement you quoted...Tippet already has a contract that doesn't expire till june 30th and they wanted a coach before the draft so they could interview players and get an idea for the new system/team worked out.
Oh, Glen couldn't try to get Tippett because he was on a deadline that he created. Gotcha.

Old
06-15-2013, 01:44 PM
KingP

Quote:
If Glen can't compete with the Phoenix Coyotes on a coaching hire then he's not cut out for this job.
explain

why is tippett a better fit ??

Old
06-15-2013, 01:46 PM
Kane One

vCash: 1425
**** yes! I wanted him the entire time.

Old
06-15-2013, 01:47 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Shocked !

Not a creative choice, not really a bad one though, like Messier as some of us feared.

313 wins in Vancouver, Canucks franchise record. 313 is my birthday so of course this means nothing but good luck going forward

Old
06-15-2013, 01:47 PM
Hire Sather
Still Good Enough

Send a message via AIM to Hire Sather
Looks like we've managed to sidestep the Messier bullet.

Old
06-15-2013, 01:48 PM
Rangers79

Best guy available for the job. Hope he does a great job here. Welcome, Alain!

Old
06-15-2013, 01:48 PM
KingP

Quote:
Oh, Glen couldn't try to get Tippett because he was on a deadline that he created. Gotcha.
so we should of just put all our faith in tippett coming here??

Old
06-15-2013, 01:49 PM
stan the caddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingP View Post
explain

why is tippett a better fit ??
Because he's a better coach. He wins with relatively ****** teams and he cleaned up Gretzky's mess. He makes average goalies look like Vezina candidates. Imagine how good Hank would look in his system.

Old
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
He was my preference. Some of the other guys like Stevens I didn't know enough about.

It's just pain.
Old
Hire Sather
Still Good Enough

Send a message via AIM to Hire Sather
put me in the camp of being happy we didn't hold our dicks waiting for tippet. what if that didn't work out?

Old
06-15-2013, 01:50 PM
bigbuffalo313

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Shocked !

Not a creative choice, not really a bad one though, like Messier as some of us feared.

313 wins in Vancouver, Canucks franchise record. 313 is my birthday so of course this means nothing but good luck going forward
My bday to. Although knowing me that is bad luck.

Old
06-15-2013, 01:50 PM
RangerBoy
HOPE & CHANGE

Quote:
While some details have yet to be finalized, its accurate to say Alain Vigneault is the new coach of the New York Rangers. #donedeal
https://twitter.com/JSportsnet/statu...76167993581568

Old
06-15-2013, 01:51 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
What if we waited and Tippett didn't want the job?

Old
Samzilla
Prust & Dorsett are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucbourdon View Post
The no cup argument pisses me the **** off.

AV was 1 game away from the cup, people are trying to tell me that AV is a good enough coach to win 15 games in the playoffs, but 16? NOOOO NO CHANCE!

aggravating.

PS - I just became a rangers fan (never really disliked you guys, you had our back in the playoffs for multiple years, we remember!)
Do you not remember '94?!?

Anyways, AV will do well for you guys. He worked miracles with a crappy Nucks team that rode the hot hand in Luongo. Imagine what he'll do now that he has Lundqvist.

Old
I in the Eye
Drop a ball it falls

AV would be a good hire for the Rangers...

His poor handling of young players is a myth... Take a look at the young players who developed into strong NHL players under his watch... He doesn't hand anything to young players, and they have to play the way he wants them to play, and he does have favourites... He seems to have a soft spot for bottom of league NHL talent that works hard, is defensively aware, and is tough/gritty... It doesn't make a difference over the course of a season, but he does seem to give more opportunity than you might otherwise think (or want) to bottom talent (i.e. Rome can thank AV for his contract with the Stars, and for the opportunity)... AV is also pretty slick in interviews and with the media...

AV was simply in Vancouver for a long time... Things got too predictable... I believe that you will be pretty damn happy with him... Day-to-day roster decisions might drive you nuts from time-to-time, but in the end, he wins a lot more than he loses...

The thing about AV is that he has a vision of how a Stanley Cup winning team should look... What roles for each player and line... He doesn't adapt his vision based on roster... He looks at the roster and fits it into his vision... This leads to both good and bad things... "It is, what it is"...

Old
06-15-2013, 01:52 PM
Hellion
Space Age Hockey

Called it from the start, I am happy with this.

Old
06-15-2013, 01:53 PM
Dactyl

Quote:
i am pretty sure no one has been granted permission to speak with or interview tippet. waiting till the 30th couldve meant AV was gone and it would have been tipped or mess. if tippet stays in phoenix (which is what will happen) then we would be stuck with messier as the franchise didnt appear to be interested in anyone else

Old
eco's bones

Well--the Rangers don't have any Sedin's. If AV gets more offense out of this team than Torts--that's great as long as the team is winning at the same time. Makes me more inclined to keep Del Zotto around a bit longer as he might benefit as much as anyone from a more offensive minded coach---but Richards has to go--that contract of his is a lead weight tied around our collective necks. Even if they think he'll rebound next year there are too many signs that's he's going to be a **** sandwich by the time that contract is up.

Old
Rangers79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather View Post
put me in the camp of being happy we didn't hold our dicks waiting for tippet. what if that didn't work out?
Exactly. You don't wait around to see what may happen, you go for what you can get at the time. If they miss on tippet it's a huge mess.

Old
06-15-2013, 01:54 PM
RangerBoy
HOPE & CHANGE

Quote:
Rangers go with experience with Alain Vigneault. No decision on when Vigneault when will formally announced.
https://twitter.com/RealKyper/status/345977048591908864

NHL doesn't like announcements during the finals.

Old
06-15-2013, 01:54 PM
Riverdale

Quote:
Originally Posted by I in the Eye View Post
AV would be a good hire for the Rangers...

His poor handling of young players is a myth... Take a look at the young players who developed into strong NHL players under his watch... He doesn't hand anything to young players, and they have to play the way he wants them to play, and he does have favourites... He seems to have a soft spot for bottom of league NHL talent that works hard, is defensively aware, and is tough/gritty... It doesn't make a difference over the course of a season, but he does seem to give more opportunity than you might otherwise think (or want) to bottom talent (i.e. Rome can thank AV for his contract with the Stars, and for the opportunity)... AV is also pretty slick in interviews and with the media...

AV was simply in Vancouver for a long time... Things got too predictable... I believe that you will be pretty damn happy with him... Day-to-day roster decisions might drive you nuts from time-to-time, but in the end, he wins a lot more than he loses...

The thing about AV is that he has a vision of how a Stanley Cup winning team should look... What roles for each player and line... He doesn't adapt his vision based on roster... He looks at the roster and fits it into his vision... This leads to both good and bad things... "It is, what it is"...
Boyle just breathed a sigh of relief.

Old
06-15-2013, 01:55 PM
RangerBoy
HOPE & CHANGE

Dave Tippett wants to stay in PHX. It looks there will be a deal to keep the team in PHX. Maloney and his AGM have signed extensions. Tippett has a contract extension waiting for his signature.

Quote:
Can confirm that RSE has agreed in principle to lease terms with City of Glendale on an arena lease. #coyotesstay
https://twitter.com/JSportsnet/statu...14283709071360

All indications are the Coyotes will remain in PHX.

Old
06-15-2013, 01:55 PM
stan the caddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
What if we waited and Tippett didn't want the job?
1. Glen SHOULD be able to make that happen.

2. If it didn't work out, hire someone else.

Closed Thread