HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Consolidated Entertainment Thread (TV, Movies, Music, Books) Part VI

Closed Thread

Old
07-21-2013, 10:38 AM
Devils731

vCash: 500
Dark Knight Returns is awesome, I was very happy to hear they'd be drawing inspiration from that.

There are tons of Batman/Superman team up stories they can use. I think it makes sense using a smaller team up movie to build towards the bigger team up movie.

Old
07-21-2013, 08:58 PM
Jersey Man
Mad Dog

The Walking Dead trailer for the new season. Oh my god.

Old
07-21-2013, 09:21 PM
Ripshot 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Man View Post
It's gonna get real... And fast.

Old
07-21-2013, 09:27 PM
Jersey Man
Mad Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripshot 43 View Post
It's gonna get real... And fast.
I don't read the comics. I expect it to be too real then.

Old
07-21-2013, 09:57 PM
Mr.Krinkle
Pod 6 is Jerks

John Voight ****ing rules

Old
07-21-2013, 10:09 PM
DiscoBall

Walking Dead season 4 can't be worse than season 3. it was awful.

Old
07-21-2013, 10:32 PM
MJMazzarone
#AnyonebutNYR

Does anyone else watch the Newsroom? Season one was fantastic but I'm not sure how I feel about season two so far. Episode one was lackluster for a season debut but this week's episode was actually really good. It seems like Sorkin is going in a different direction this season. Can't really put my finger on it but so far I'm very indifferent.

Old
07-21-2013, 10:36 PM
B A T M A N
Risen

Why is nobody excited about Gaikai? It is, in my opinion, Sony's biggest trump card for the next generation.

Old
07-21-2013, 10:50 PM
HeliDevil
Ride the Schneid

Breaking Bad in three weeks. I'm ready.

Old
07-22-2013, 12:27 AM
Emperoreddy
King of Pirates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Man View Post
The trailer was excellent, but man oh man am I still skeptical as hell after that piss poor season 3. I am not sure I am going to buy the hype this time. Also remember trailers for season 2 and 3 were very good too...look what the final product was.

I honestly think this is a very good way for DC to go about going into the larger universe...though they should of left some sort of seed in Man of Steel (I don't think they did, but correct me if I missed something).

It sort of follows what was a successful formula the animated universe did. Get Batman right on his own, get Superman right on his own, then team the two up and get them to work right together...THEN do Justice League, which should fall into place.

Getting Bats and Supes on screen together in a believable excellent story is the only way they will get Justice League to work. I mean obviously they are doing it this way to save time from doing another Batman stand alone reboot as they want Justice League on screen ASAP, so they need to start merging things now...but it isn't a bad idea (though they can't go to crazy with the DNR stuff, makes sense for the two to have a rivalry and problems but they need to end up working together...plus Supes can't be a government stooge.)

I am curious how the new X-men is going to work. It definitely sounds very interesting...looking forward to seeing that footage.

Also very curious for Godzilla.

Old
07-22-2013, 07:04 AM
Ripshot 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoBall View Post
Walking Dead season 4 can't be worse than season 3. it was awful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperoreddy View Post
The trailer was excellent, but man oh man am I still skeptical as hell after that piss poor season 3. I am not sure I am going to buy the hype this time. Also remember trailers for season 2 and 3 were very good too...look what the final product was.

I honestly think this is a very good way for DC to go about going into the larger universe...though they should of left some sort of seed in Man of Steel (I don't think they did, but correct me if I missed something).

It sort of follows what was a successful formula the animated universe did. Get Batman right on his own, get Superman right on his own, then team the two up and get them to work right together...THEN do Justice League, which should fall into place.

Getting Bats and Supes on screen together in a believable excellent story is the only way they will get Justice League to work. I mean obviously they are doing it this way to save time from doing another Batman stand alone reboot as they want Justice League on screen ASAP, so they need to start merging things now...but it isn't a bad idea (though they can't go to crazy with the DNR stuff, makes sense for the two to have a rivalry and problems but they need to end up working together...plus Supes can't be a government stooge.)

I am curious how the new X-men is going to work. It definitely sounds very interesting...looking forward to seeing that footage.

Also very curious for Godzilla.
I thought season 3 was the best season. I wasn't happy with the lack of a conclusion but that was the only major gripe. It's hard to compare season 1 which was excellent but it was only 6 episodes I believe. Then season 2 I felt just focuses way too much on finding the girl and while that helped develop a powerful moment for the end of that season, I still enjoyed the third season more. There is a villain of sorts coming in maybe a season or two that i am really looking forward to though.

Old
07-22-2013, 07:11 AM
KaossKing
Pacing Well

I loves TWD seasons 1 and 3. season 2 was a snoooozefest. looking for a girl and messing about on a farm. probably could have done it in 2 episodes, not a season

Old
07-22-2013, 08:16 AM
TheUnseenHand
Hashbrown Selfie

Loving Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan). Really got me hooked. I'll be interested to see if the anime follows the manga directly. If so, it's got a ton of potential.

Old
07-22-2013, 09:36 AM
EliasFTW

Season 2 was trying to lull you into a feeling of safety on the farm. However all it did was annoy us because we wanted zombies.(partly because season one was so short) if the first part of the season was them looking for Sophie while based in the middle of the freeway enduring wave after wave of walkers while Rick sits on his thumbs im sure we might of felt safe on the farm and not had a zombie blood lust. Having rick show his indecision by not moving on getting Carl shot is a better tipping point With shane then Randle. Kill him dont kill him story that went no place. Hehe im on a fence ohh im getting dropped off der waste 2hors on talking about killing me hurp de der im free ima tell my buddies oops i died kill Dale.

Old
07-22-2013, 09:39 AM
Richer's Ghost
Global Moderator
Devils defense.

vCash: 735
abo will laugh, the rest of you I'm not sure about

Old
07-22-2013, 09:59 AM
njdevil26

Season 3 really pissed me off how they were gearing up for a war... then it's a quick tussle where not one person gets shot and that's the end of it. Sooner or later they have to get out of there don't they? Hell, drive East... go towards the coast, if they can get a place with a boat they can live off of whatever they can catch in the water.

Old
07-22-2013, 11:16 AM
DiscoBall

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevil26 View Post
Season 3 really pissed me off how they were gearing up for a war... then it's a quick tussle where not one person gets shot and that's the end of it. Sooner or later they have to get out of there don't they? Hell, drive East... go towards the coast, if they can get a place with a boat they can live off of whatever they can catch in the water.
How would they get water to drink?

The absence of any meaningful conclusion to season 3 drove me mad. For the snore-a-thon that was season 2, at least it had some closure.

Old
07-22-2013, 12:19 PM
Ripshot 43

Quote:
How would they get water to drink?

The absence of any meaningful conclusion to season 3 drove me mad. For the snore-a-thon that was season 2, at least it had some closure.
The explanation from the producers were even more annoying. Basically... We aren't going to do what you expect just because your expecting it. Referring to the non conclusion with the governor.

I really feel like the governor actor did such a good job that they decided not to get rid of his character and to delay the prison exit. They are quickly catching up to the comics so they might've felt forced into delaying things which all depending on the writing will be a bad or good thing.

Old
07-22-2013, 02:26 PM
DiscoBall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripshot 43 View Post
The explanation from the producers were even more annoying. Basically... We aren't going to do what you expect just because your expecting it. Referring to the non conclusion with the governor.

I really feel like the governor actor did such a good job that they decided not to get rid of his character and to delay the prison exit. They are quickly catching up to the comics so they might've felt forced into delaying things which all depending on the writing will be a bad or good thing.
They've burned through 3 showrunners already. Not the sign of a well functioning production.

They can do the unexpected, but they also need to have forward movement in the story. They really need to look no further than Breaking Bad...the evolution of Characters is what has made it the best show on television since The Wire (the greatest show of all time)

Old
07-22-2013, 02:53 PM
Ripshot 43

Quote:
They've burned through 3 showrunners already. Not the sign of a well functioning production.

They can do the unexpected, but they also need to have forward movement in the story. They really need to look no further than Breaking Bad...the evolution of Characters is what has made it the best show on television since The Wire (the greatest show of all time)
Tried watching the Wire and got 2 episodes in before I had to stop. It was only last year and I have a problem with watching older shows (I know it's not that old).

Old
07-22-2013, 03:27 PM
MountainGoat
Re-sign Jagr

if you want hot all night long sex, then bring your girl to go see The Conjuring

Old
07-22-2013, 04:30 PM
Nick0930

Old
07-23-2013, 05:39 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick0930 View Post
That's clever.

Old
07-23-2013, 12:37 PM
Brodeur

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...mocracy-effect

Another enjoyable/rehashed article about the disaster that was Chinese Democracy. When it was released in 2008, Best Buy for some reason thought it'd be a great idea to get exclusive rights to it. By early 2010, they cleared out remaining stock for $1.99.

I felt some weird amount of ironic enjoyment that the most expensive recording in music history was now $1.99. I went to my local Best Buy and bought the ~20 copies that they had. Distributed them among my friends for their birthdays. I always enjoyed giving it to people who didn't realize the recurring joke. Ie, they'd give me a half-hearted "Thanks!" before I'd let them know that it was a gag gift.

I saw GNR (well, at least this incarnation) last year in Vegas and it was still an enjoyable show.

Old
07-23-2013, 12:48 PM
Richer's Ghost
Global Moderator
Devils defense.

vCash: 735
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...mocracy-effect

Another enjoyable/rehashed article about the disaster that was Chinese Democracy. When it was released in 2008, Best Buy for some reason thought it'd be a great idea to get exclusive rights to it. By early 2010, they cleared out remaining stock for $1.99.

I felt some weird amount of ironic enjoyment that the most expensive recording in music history was now $1.99. I went to my local Best Buy and bought the ~20 copies that they had. Distributed them among my friends for their birthdays. I always enjoyed giving it to people who didn't realize the recurring joke. Ie, they'd give me a half-hearted "Thanks!" before I'd let them know that it was a gag gift.

I saw GNR (well, at least this incarnation) last year in Vegas and it was still an enjoyable show.
I didn't read much of that article because I'm not really a GnR nut beyond the radio hits and maybe a few lesser favorites (Civil War F yeah!), BUT I did find this story very interesting from the same time period of "hits".

http://www.grantland.com/blog/hollyw...es-queensryche

there's 2 Queensr˙ches?

Closed Thread