HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

The Consolidated Entertainment Thread (TV, Movies, Music, Books) Part VI

Closed Thread

Old
08-14-2013, 11:11 AM
SteveCangialosi123

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripshot 43 View Post
Need some movie advice from you's guys in the know. I'm watching the Godfather now and have the 2nd and 3rd recording. Should I just skip the 3rd and not bother with it?
Skip the 3rd. I enjoyed 2 better than 1, but 3 was just abysmal. I went in with an open mind too thinking it wouldn't be that bad just not as good as the first two...it was just not a good movie. Cheesy story and not very good acting. Would give it a 5/10.

Old
08-14-2013, 11:35 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick0930 View Post
Sharknado is on tonight. **** yeah I'm DVRing that ****.
My gf turned down going out to dinner with me to watch this with her friend. They have a tradition of watching awful sci-fi movies together. I don't get it, but I didn't mind because she didn't make me watch it with them.

Old
08-14-2013, 11:38 AM
Ripshot 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveCangialosi123 View Post
Skip the 3rd. I enjoyed 2 better than 1, but 3 was just abysmal. I went in with an open mind too thinking it wouldn't be that bad just not as good as the first two...it was just not a good movie. Cheesy story and not very good acting. Would give it a 5/10.
I have to stop about halfway through (gun in the bathroom) on the 1st one but my initial reaction is that it's a great movie that's definitely to my liking and style. I noticed the 1st and 2nd were rated all time greats on imdb but the 3rd dropped to like a 7.7 which still isn't bad but no where near the others. Also, I see it was made almost 2 decades later.

Old
08-14-2013, 12:13 PM
SteveCangialosi123

Quote:
I have to stop about halfway through (gun in the bathroom) on the 1st one but my initial reaction is that it's a great movie that's definitely to my liking and style. I noticed the 1st and 2nd were rated all time greats on imdb but the 3rd dropped to like a 7.7 which still isn't bad but no where near the others. Also, I see it was made almost 2 decades later.
Yea Francis Ford Coppola didn't even want to make the 3rd one I saw a documentary on the trilogy. It was basically made just for money. It was clear that his heart wasn't in it.

Old
08-14-2013, 12:48 PM
Richer's Ghost
awww summertime

vCash: 425
Quote:
Need some movie advice from you's guys in the know. I'm watching the Godfather now and have the 2nd and 3rd recording. Should I just skip the 3rd and not bother with it?
skip the 3rd.

Heat next to see how far Pacino has come.

Ball pits are just toilets filled with brightly colored balls instead of water.
Old
08-14-2013, 02:06 PM
Ripshot 43

I actually didnt even recognize Pacino in the beginning.

Old
08-15-2013, 05:10 PM
B A T M A N
Risen

So I finally watched the Bayverse Transformers trilogy.

The first is ok. It's bad, but it's ok. It's like, oh Giant Robots, of course it's going to be kind of corny... we'll just roll with it.

The 2nd is like being ***** with a rake.

The 3rd was like surviving the holocaust, finding the fountain of youth at the age of 90 after living a long and fruitful life of love and wonder, being restored to the age of 20 again to never age another day and never die. Only it's also transported you back to the concentration camp and some German general is using your ******* as a cup-holder.

Still less painful than Dexter though.

Old
08-15-2013, 06:11 PM
Ripshot 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveCangialosi123 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richer's Ghost View Post
skip the 3rd.

Heat next to see how far Pacino has come.
I may be 40 years late to the party but The Godfather lived up to all the hype over the years. Thanks for the advice on skipping the 3rd. If its bad or clearly a step below, if rather just skip it and pretend it didnt happen. I haven't watched the 2nd yet but I'm really looking forward to it now!

Old
08-15-2013, 06:19 PM
Ripshot 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
So I finally watched the Bayverse Transformers trilogy.

The first is ok. It's bad, but it's ok. It's like, oh Giant Robots, of course it's going to be kind of corny... we'll just roll with it.

The 2nd is like being ***** with a rake.

The 3rd was like surviving the holocaust, finding the fountain of youth at the age of 90 after living a long and fruitful life of love and wonder, being restored to the age of 20 again to never age another day and never die. Only it's also transported you back to the concentration camp and some German general is using your ******* as a cup-holder.

Still less painful than Dexter though.

I'm sorry that you had to watch them all in such a close time period. The Transformer movies to me are a lot like the X men movies. To me they were all very mediocre or just bad but I'm able to watch them because I enjoy seeing some of my childhood cartoons or toys brought to life.

Old
08-16-2013, 11:38 AM
HeliDevil
Legendary

I'm not sure where exactly to put it so I'll put it here and the team news thread but the NHL network will be showing the Devils vs. Ducks classic series and the 2003 Stanley Cup Championship video starting on 12 AM ET Sunday. I already set my DVR.

Old
08-16-2013, 02:16 PM
HeliDevil
Legendary

So they're making a movie about Marcus Luttrell based on the book Lone Survivor. The book was great so I'm hoping the movie is as well. It does have some decent actors in it. Just odd that Marc Wahlberg is going to be playing Luttrell. Luttrell is a good six inches taller.

Old
08-16-2013, 02:23 PM
Henrique Iglesias
Let's go Albany

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliDevil View Post
So they're making a movie about Marcus Luttrell based on the book Lone Survivor. The book was great so I'm hoping the movie is as well. It does have some decent actors in it. Just odd that Marc Wahlberg is going to be playing Luttrell. Luttrell is a good six inches taller.
I need to get around to reading this. My friend loaned it to me and says it's his favorite book

Old
08-16-2013, 04:13 PM
HeliDevil
Legendary

It's a great book. I'm kind of a junkie when it comes to that kind of stuff. It's not my favorite book but it was an excellent read. I'll probably read it again before the movie comes out in December.

Old
08-18-2013, 05:40 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
I finally got around to reading For Whom the Bell Tolls. Very good book, definitely one of Hemingway's best.

Old
08-19-2013, 04:44 AM
HeliDevil
Legendary

Breaking Bad continues to amaze me. This is going to be one hell of a season.

Old
08-19-2013, 02:49 PM
KaossKing
Pacing Well

vCash: 50
Dexter and Breaking Bad are becoming real good. so sad they will be gone soon

anyone care to make an educated guess how much the Walt money pile is worth?

Old
08-19-2013, 02:53 PM
njdevil26

Newsroom still going strong for me.

I watched the Hunger Games yesterday and was surprised that I actually liked it.

Old
08-19-2013, 02:54 PM
Richer's Ghost
awww summertime

vCash: 425
Newsroom was not only bearable the last couple of episodes, but gained some ground from the season opener. Maggie was only on screen like 3 minutes last night - that may have something to do with it.

Old
08-19-2013, 02:55 PM
njdevil26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richer's Ghost View Post
Newsroom was not only bearable the last couple of episodes, but gained some ground from the season opener. Maggie was only on screen like 3 minutes last night - that may have something to do with it.
My favorite characters in that show are Sloan, Don, Jim, and Mack. Not a fan of Maggie at all. Her character is too dramatic.

Old
08-19-2013, 03:02 PM
KaossKing
Pacing Well

ive loved Newsroom start to finish. im a confessed Sorkin-phile lol

Old
08-19-2013, 03:03 PM
Jersey Man
Mad Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaossKing View Post
Dexter and Breaking Bad are becoming real good. so sad they will be gone soon

anyone care to make an educated guess how much the Walt money pile is worth?
Some people on the internet tried and if I remember right it is a ridiculous amount, which is no surprise.

Old
08-19-2013, 03:04 PM
njdevil26

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaossKing View Post
ive loved Newsroom start to finish. im a confessed Sorkin-phile lol
Yeah I have loved it from start to finish as well... just thrown off by Maggie's storyline. Maybe it'll pick up somewhere... and I get what happened to her in Africa is crazy... but I don't get why it's there and just popping up randomly.

Old
08-19-2013, 03:15 PM
KaossKing
Pacing Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevil26 View Post
Yeah I have loved it from start to finish as well... just thrown off by Maggie's storyline. Maybe it'll pick up somewhere... and I get what happened to her in Africa is crazy... but I don't get why it's there and just popping up randomly.
Based on the last sentence of the episode, I think theres gonna be alot of fallout over the seasons end

Maggie doesnt annoy me too much, it just feels like Sorkin doesnt know what to do with her anymore. I feel like it will go somewhere, but needs to get there soon.

Old
08-19-2013, 03:25 PM
Ripshot 43

Dexter is picking up like normal but the ending of this past episode felt so forced. They threw out so much information at the viewer.

Spoil:

Protege dead
Debs boss still onto Hanna
Is the therapist the killer or has she been mentoring someone else all along?

Old
08-19-2013, 04:09 PM
Puck Farise

Quote:
Dexter is picking up like normal but the ending of this past episode felt so forced. They threw out so much information at the viewer.

Spoil:

Protege dead
Debs boss still onto Hanna
Is the therapist the killer or has she been mentoring someone else all along?

Might be just be, but I think this season has absolutely sucked. I gave it excuses the first 6ish episodes this season, thinking they're just building stuff up for it to all come crashing down....but this is just ****ing garbage at this point. It's 8 out of 12 episodes in, and NOTHING has happened this season other than "oo could this person or that person be onto Dexter/Hannah?"

Quinn and Jaime are dating, Quinn practices for Sergeant test, Batista chooses someone else, Dexters kid lied about the remote!, Matsuka has some donor daughter come forward, he thinks she might be a gold digger, oh shes not!, Hannah shows up with new evil rich husband, evil rich husband has guys beat up Dexter, evil rich husband is killed within 1 episode...it's just a bunch of pointless filler crap, and a soap opera-esque love/hate triangle at the head of it all.

This is the final season of a serial killer TV series, everything should be coming to a head, people should be onto Dexter and there should be some actual tension. Not just boring ****. AND he's not even killing people anymore? What is the count at, 2 people all season?

Closed Thread