HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Rumor : Dallas & Colorado #1 Overall

Old
06-11-2013, 05:10 PM
CobraAcesS

vCash: 500
Rumor : Dallas & Colorado #1 Overall

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklun...7#.UbeQV5xFExc

Yeah it's Eklund, but actually haven't seen a trade between the two teams discussed. The premise is more interesting than the actual validity of the source to be honest.

Dallas is the only other team that Jones has more ties to than Colorado. So there is that...

Obvious hurdles would be moving down from #1 to #10, so the price for one. The second one would be the fact that Dallas and Colorado will be in the same Conference next year.

For me it would take,

Eriksson, 10th, 29th/30th, and two of Chiasson, Faksa, Oleksiak, or Morrow. (Morrow & Faksa being my picks)

Yes I get that it's massive overpayment, and as with the Buffalo trade proposals. The actual likeliness of the trade happening is slim to none.

Colorado needs a young offensive minded (left handed preferred) defender with good size to pair with EJ in the near future, and a top 6/top line winger. Those are the our two major needs, so as with Colorado/Buffalo and Myers + 8th being the starting point. I think Eriksson + 10th is the starter for Colorado/Dallas.

CobraAcesS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 05:13 PM
Vikingstad
**** the King

Thats far too much.

Eriksson has huge value alone, I think realistically a fair proposal would be Eriksson + 10 + 29

Vikingstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 05:15 PM
N o o d l e s

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraAcesS View Post
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklun...7#.UbeQV5xFExc

Yeah it's Eklund, but actually haven't seen a trade between the two teams discussed. The premise is more interesting than the actual validity of the source to be honest.

Dallas is the only other team that Jones has more ties to than Colorado. So there is that...

Obvious hurdles would be moving down from #1 to #10, so the price for one. The second one would be the fact that Dallas and Colorado will be in the same Conference next year.

For me it would take,

Eriksson, 10th, 29th/30th, and two of Chiasson, Faksa, Oleksiak, or Morrow. (Morrow & Faksa being my picks)

Yes I get that it's massive overpayment, and as with the Buffalo trade proposals. The actual likeliness of the trade happening is slim to none.

Colorado needs a young offensive minded (left handed preferred) defender with good size to pair with EJ in the near future, and a top 6/top line winger. Those are the our two major needs, so as with Colorado/Buffalo and Myers + 8th being the starting point. I think Eriksson + 10th is the starter for Colorado/Dallas.
That's pretty ridiculous, I'm sorry. I understand Colorado arguably needs Jones the most out of any team in the top 10, but that package is far too vast. The number one pick has a ton of value, especially this year, but damn that's asking for pretty much everything Dallas had of value outside of Benn for an uncertainty. Dallas would pass.

N o o d l e s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 05:15 PM
Beerfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pravi83Oil View Post
Thats far too much.

Eriksson has huge value alone, I think realistically a fair proposal would be Eriksson + 10 + 29
No where near enough, not even close. There is a huge drop off from 1 to 10. Colorado would be nuts to make that deal.

Beerfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 05:16 PM
Dirty Kari

Ridiculous over payment. Like laughably bad. I mean Eriksson and 2 1st's wasn't enough you also want two of our top prospects.

Dirty Kari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 05:17 PM
penguins2946*

That's a horrible proposal. No way Dallas pays that. A more realistic proposal is:

10th pick, 29/30th pick, and Chiasson for the 1st pick

Eriksson is a non-starter, especially for a draft pick.

penguins2946* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 05:18 PM
Ambassador Of Fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
No where near enough, not even close. There is a huge drop off from 1 to 10. Colorado would be nuts to make that deal.
You know Loui Eriksson scores 70 points per season a lot of the time in the National Hockey League, right?

Ambassador Of Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 05:19 PM
Freudian
Deja vu again?

vCash: 0
Dallas would have to massively overpay to trade up that far. If Nill is anything like Holland in his style, he'd never do such a massively risky trade.

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 05:19 PM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pravi83Oil View Post
Thats far too much.

Yes Eriksson has a lot of value, hes not on the wrong side of 30 either. However, hes not a franchise player that you would likely get with the #1 over all pick.

I could probably live with that, but with one of the young guys I listed as well. With Morrow probably being the main attraction as far as prospects. That's one Avs fans opinion though.

Old
06-11-2013, 05:20 PM
Wingsfan2965*

It's Eklund so it doesn't mean crap, and this would assume Dallas is doing it for a marketing move.

Granted, I think it would be a great marketing move, but Colorado would have to want it as well, and I doubt they do.

Wingsfan2965* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Vasilevskiy
I've many surnames

That's horrible, Eriksson + 10th alone should make the deal.
Can't believe the underrating he gets on these boards.

Vasilevskiy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
JeffMangum
~anger~

vCash: 50
Eriksson
Morrow
Faksa

For the 1st overall?

lirllllllllll

That's essentially Eriksson, #29, Faksa, and Morrow to move up nine spots.

Maybe Eriksson and the two firsts. Dallas probably wouldn't do that.

06-11-2013, 05:23 PM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
Dallas would have to massively overpay to trade up that far. If Nill is anything like Holland in his style, he'd never do such a massively risky trade.
Yeah I think that is exactly why it will never happen, the cost would (As most people are already saying) be very painful.

As much as those guys would be shrewd, Roy would probably settle for nothing less than something similar to the type of proposal that I listed.

Old
06-11-2013, 05:23 PM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Yea OP's proposal is ridiculously bad. And this is coming from an Avs fan.

Some Avs fans have started really overvaluing the 1st overall pick ever since a few select Sabres fans offered some extreme proposals. Now some fellow Avs fans seem to think we could get the moon itself for the pick.

In saying that. The 10th + 29th/30th + Chaisson that was mentioned earlier is equally as bad in the opposite direction.

Eriksson would have to be included. Otherwise the Avs simply don't listen.

IMO 10th + Eriksson + 29th/30th + Morrow/Oleksiak for the 1st + 32nd is pretty close.

The #10 + Eriksson could get DAL into the Top 4.

So looking at it like that(If Dallas moved into the Top 4 at first) it would be the #4 + #29 + Morrow for the #1 + #32.

That's pretty fair.

Pierce Hawthorne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 05:24 PM
Treb

Quote:
So
Jones >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> A two-way 70 points winger + Ristolainen/Nurse/Zadorov/Monahan/Lindholm(you get the point) + whoever still here at 29-30 (so anybody ranked 11-50, there will be fallers)

Okay....

Treb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 05:24 PM
Sony Eriksson*

Both teams are in the same division now so i don't see this happening at all.....however being in the same division may make the move more beneficial for Jones himself being a Avs fan and ties to Dallas.

Dallas is set on defense so even if this were to happen Dallas would probably not draft Jones anyway.

Sony Eriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 05:26 PM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierce Hawthorne View Post
Yea OP's proposal is ridiculously bad. And this is coming from an Avs fan.

Some Avs fans have started really overvaluing the 1st overall pick ever since a few select Sabres fans offered some extreme proposals. Now some fellow Avs fans seem to think we could get the moon itself for the pick.

In saying that. The 10th + 29th/30th + Chaisson that was mentioned earlier is equally as bad in the opposite direction.

Eriksson would have to be included. Otherwise the Avs simply don't listen.

IMO 10th + Eriksson + 29th/30th + Morrow/Oleksiak for the 1st + 32nd is pretty close.

The #10 + Eriksson could get DAL into the Top 4.

So looking at it like that(If Dallas moved into the Top 4 at first) it would be the #4 + #29 + Morrow for the #1 + #32.

That's pretty fair.
The only difference between mine and yours is one asset, and our 32nd added. Not exactly a big enough difference for the slam dude.

What I posted is fairly close to what's been discussed in the past, when it comes to moving down that far.

Old
06-11-2013, 05:27 PM
R S
Renegade Stylings

vCash: 420
The most shocking thing about the OP is that it's stated that the team needs a young, offensive minded defender. What?!>!!?

We have Elliott and Barrie, but need better defensive guys.

R S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 05:27 PM
tucker3434

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow Crash View Post
That's a horrible proposal. No way Dallas pays that. A more realistic proposal is:

10th pick, 29/30th pick, and Chiasson for the 1st pick

Eriksson is a non-starter, especially for a draft pick.
Not at all realistic.

tucker3434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 05:28 PM
Primetimey

vCash: 50
You serious OP?

Primetimey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 05:28 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

I love how every single Eklund thread starts with a variation of "Yeah, I know it's Eklund but" or "Yes, it's Eklund but".

Billy Mays Here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 05:29 PM
Sony Eriksson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraAcesS View Post
The only difference between mine and yours is one asset, and our 32nd added. Not exactly a big enough difference for the slam dude.

What I posted is fairly close to what's been discussed in the past, when it comes to moving down that far.
I though in past drafts to move down a couple spots while already being in the top 10 cost a high 2nd round pick. So now its both 1st's, one of the best two way players in the league, one of two top defensive prospects? WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY to much to give up for Dallas.

Old
Carlzner

Quote:
Moving down 9 spots and adding a first line forward on a great contract.... yeah, just terrible for Colorado.

As for the rumor, it seems Dallas does need defense so I wouldn't be surprised if they are going after the 1st overall.

Carlzner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Joe Sakic
Goodbye ROR

Really doubt this happens.

Didn't Roy say we wouldn't be moving out of the top 4?

I imagine the price would be way to steep to convince him to move down to 10th.

Just Eklund blowing smoke....as usual lol....

Joe Sakic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 05:30 PM
Sony Eriksson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Mays Here View Post
I love how every single Eklund thread starts with a variation of "Yeah, I know it's Eklund but" or "Yes, it's Eklund but".
A 3% success rate at calling trades kind of calls for that disclaimer. My magic 8-ball at home is right 4% of the time.