HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Oilers - Wings

Old
06-11-2013, 04:02 PM
misfit
5-14-6-1

vCash: 50
I also don't expect many teams will be interested in trading for his current $5.5M deal, nor do I expect the few who might be to be teams that Horcoff would be willing to waive his NTC for.

I think the Oilers would be better off buying out Horcoff's contract than retaining a significant portion of his salary in a trade. Hemsky is one thing (he only has 1 year left and a half priced Hemsky is something I could see a lot of teams being interested in), but Horcoff is another altogether.

06-11-2013, 04:11 PM
Number1RedWingsFan52

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
Link it then. There has been a ton of speculation, that I agree with. Nobody anywhere has said that Horcoff will only go to Detroit. In fact, the opposite has been reported when Dreger said Horcoff was going to work with Oilers management to facilitate a trade. Either your reading comprehension is lacking, or you are twisting words to make it sound like "Horcoff wants to play in Detroit" means "Horcoff will play nowhere else but Detroit". Which is impossible to say anyway as he has to give a 10 team list even if he isn't cooperating. Which by all accounts, he is.
You know what who fricken cares alright, Bottom line is why would i make it sound like Horcoff only cares about playing in Detroit when the odds are stacked against him in what world would Horcoff serve Detroit that another player could'nt do. I pretty much already said that Horcoff is nothing more then an over paid version of Dan Cleary and unlike Horcoff at least Cleary will bang bodies. and Cleary can be had for less then what Horcoff would cost us, Let Horcoff play in Phoenix who cares his career will be over in about 5 years or so any ways. Detroit right now is a million times better then Edmonton so why would Detroit want your scraps not going to happen we have to much talent already coming up in the minors that will blow away any thing that Horcoff could do for us, Dan Cleary and Drew Miller together are tons better then Horcoff and Hemsky.

Number1RedWingsFan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 04:30 PM
YP44

I am the only one who thinks that Horcoff for Tootoo with Edmonton keeping some salary would be a good score for Detroit?
Horcoff is very serviceable. If he made 2 mil less people would like him more.

YP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 04:34 PM
The Zetterberg Era
RIP Octopi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number1RedWingsFan52 View Post
You know what who fricken cares alright, Bottom line is why would i make it sound like Horcoff only cares about playing in Detroit when the odds are stacked against him in what world would Horcoff serve Detroit that another player could'nt do. I pretty much already said that Horcoff is nothing more then an over paid version of Dan Cleary and unlike Horcoff at least Cleary will bang bodies. and Cleary can be had for less then what Horcoff would cost us, Let Horcoff play in Phoenix who cares his career will be over in about 5 years or so any ways. Detroit right now is a million times better then Edmonton so why would Detroit want your scraps not going to happen we have to much talent already coming up in the minors that will blow away any thing that Horcoff could do for us, Dan Cleary and Drew Miller together are tons better then Horcoff and Hemsky.
Horcoff is a good player, he is just ridiculously overpaid. But to categorize him as garbage or not physical is just inaccurate. He isn't scraps he is as Babcock likes to say an every-dayer. A fantastic heart and guts player that is good on the pk and draws. You just don't touch him on that contract. At 2 million or 2.5 without sending anything the other way he is intriguing. He also is a pretty good net front guy on the PP. There is a reason they would be interested in a bought out Horcoff.

I like the minors players too, but you should respect a veteran of Horcoff's caliber and what he would bring. If they don't get him they will be fine, but Holland will kick the tires if he is bought out and really he should. Guy has played 800 NHL games, he isn't a scrub, he is worlds better than Drew Miller.

Last edited by The Zetterberg Era: 06-11-2013 at 05:59 PM.
The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 04:56 PM
Number1RedWingsFan52

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era View Post
Horcoff is a good player, he is just ridiculously overpaid. But to categorize him as garbage or not physical is just inaccurate. He isn't scraps he is as Babcock likes to say an every-dayer. A fantastic heart and guts player that is good on the pk and draws. You just don't touch him on that contract. At 2 million or 2.5 without sending anything the other way he is intriguing. He also is a pretty good net front guy on the PP. There is a reason they would be interested in a bought out Horcoff.

I like the minors players to, but you should respect a veteran of Horcoff's caliber and what he would bring. If they don't get him they will be fine, but Holland will kick the tires if he is bought out and really he should. Guy has played 800 NHL games, he isn't a scrub, he is worlds better than Drew Miller.
It's cool man i was only telling him about the scraps, I know Horcoff is a good player and for the right deal i would'nt mind him in Detroit just not for $5.5 million though I guess you can never say never that Holland may not go after Horcoff if the right situation should arise.

Old
06-11-2013, 04:59 PM
Zetterberg4Captain

Quote:

I like the minors players to, but you should respect a veteran of Horcoff's caliber and what he would bring. If they don't get him they will be fine, but Holland will kick the tires if he is bought out and really he should. Guy has played 800 NHL games, he isn't a scrub, he is worlds better than Drew Miller.
this isnt a kcock whatsoever on calgary, but this is the exact type of move they would and they have been doing for years now with the results well documented

detroit literally has no core anymore.

what it does have is several over 30 superstars and then a huge gap to a very well stocked and promising prospect cupboard.

what it needs is the guys in between those extremes that can form its next core untill those 20 year olds takeover

currently that is helm and brunner(maybe) and thats about it

if we're not gonna try and target one of those such players(lets say a vanek or a ryan) via trade or an under 30 UFA then we are simply better off letting the kids play and learn via icetime and opportunity

horcoff would be a solid #3 centre on alot of team just not detroit not anymore regardless of what the salary would be

Zetterberg4Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 05:07 PM
Slatsmsg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number1RedWingsFan52 View Post
Sorry in what world would Detroit ever trade Helm who is 27 years old and one of the fastest skaters in the NHL for an aging 34 year old Shawn Horcoff dont think so. First off with Horcoffs contract of $5.5M for the next 2 years Edmonton does'nt have hardly any leverage If the rumors are true that Horcoff wants to finish his career with Detroit since his family home is there his Wife Cindy is from there. Then maybe Detroit might have some interest but not at the price of what Horcoff cost now even if Edmonton were to eat half of Horcoffs salary i would'nt see Detroit having any interest in him. Being realistic i see Detroit more Interested in Hemsky then Horcoff Hemsky could easilly replace Filppula once he leaves for free agency. But sorry in no way would Detroit trade Helm for Horcoff not in a million years.
You misread my post. Detroit would be crazy to move Helm in a package where Horcoff was Edmonton's piece of the deal. Watched Helm wit the Tigers, big fan. Would love him on the Oilers. They could propose proper value for him but I don't see Horcoff as nearly a piece of a package that would land him.

Slatsmsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 05:08 PM
Slatsmsg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perro View Post
I am the only one who thinks that Horcoff for Tootoo with Edmonton keeping some salary would be a good score for Detroit?
Horcoff is very serviceable. If he made 2 mil less people would like him more.
Yes, Detroit wins that deal hands down.

Old
06-11-2013, 05:13 PM
Beerfish

Quote:

You simply have not watched this player enough. He gets in good shape and he skates as hard as he can. Other than that he's terrible.
He's been under 505 on the draw for the last 4 years. Gets eaten up on 5 on 5 if he has to play all the hard minutes. Can only produce any offense of note if he is given copius amounts of pp time and ice time with offensive players.

The rest of the league shouldn't be fooled into looking at this guys stats and thinking he is a decent 3rd liner because he has been soley a 3rd liner for about year in total of his career and even then got alot of pp time.

Beerfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 05:16 PM
Number1RedWingsFan52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slatsmsg View Post
You misread my post. Detroit would be crazy to move Helm in a package where Horcoff was Edmonton's piece of the deal. Watched Helm wit the Tigers, big fan. Would love him on the Oilers. They could propose proper value for him but I don't see Horcoff as nearly a piece of a package that would land him.
I did'nt misread your post? All I said is that Detroit period would never trade Helm and especially for a bad contract such as Horcoff I know you were just saying that you would'nt mind having Helm on the Oilers as would 28 other teams out there as well. First off we Wing fans are'nt even sure yet if Helm will ever be healthy again to even play little lone be in position to even be traded if we were going to trade him in which were not.

Old
06-11-2013, 05:17 PM
YP44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slatsmsg View Post
Yes, Detroit wins that deal hands down.
OK the way some of the comments were going it didn't seem like most thought it.

YP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 05:35 PM
Slatsmsg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perro View Post
OK the way some of the comments were going it didn't seem like most thought it.
Fact is with Tootoo's limited skill set, even as tough as he is, you can't play him more than a couple of minutes a game. Horcoff, even with the albatross of a contract, is inordinately more useful.

Old
06-11-2013, 05:53 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
You simply have not watched this player enough. He gets in good shape and he skates as hard as he can. Other than that he's terrible.
He's been under 505 on the draw for the last 4 years. Gets eaten up on 5 on 5 if he has to play all the hard minutes. Can only produce any offense of note if he is given copius amounts of pp time and ice time with offensive players.

The rest of the league shouldn't be fooled into looking at this guys stats and thinking he is a decent 3rd liner because he has been soley a 3rd liner for about year in total of his career and even then got alot of pp time.
Keep in mind that beerfish hates Horcoff more than anyone in the world. Its like Horcoff kicked his dog after bedding his girlfriend. He's not nearly as bad as beerfish thinks, he is a good third line center. Plays almost exclusively hard minutes, with poor linemates.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote