HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

TJ Galiardi

Old
06-22-2013, 10:05 PM
SJSharks39

vCash: 500
TJ Galiardi

What do you think he will get next season? Do you think he will be back?

I personally feel he will get between 1 million and 2.

SJSharks39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2013, 10:20 PM
oyster

He'll be back, but I don't expect he'll get a whole lot more than his minimum qualifying offer. He was very good but not phenomenal in the second half of the season but couldn't even stay in the lineup before that.

I'm not sure who would be a good example for comparable contracts but I wouldn't want the org to give him much more than 1.5 and 2 years. He hasn't really proved he deserves more yet.

oyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2013, 10:28 PM
SJSharks39

Quote:
Originally Posted by oyster View Post
He'll be back, but I don't expect he'll get a whole lot more than his minimum qualifying offer. He was very good but not phenomenal in the second half of the season but couldn't even stay in the lineup before that.

I'm not sure who would be a good example for comparable contracts but I wouldn't want the org to give him much more than 1.5 and 2 years. He hasn't really proved he deserves more yet.
I agree with your amount, but I don't think him not being in the lineup was his fault. Our coaching staff seems to bench good young players. (Demers)

SJSharks39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2013, 10:43 PM
VP and GM
Havlat is gone!

A good seat at the buffet... Ship him out as part of package for a better forward. He's to much of a tweener for me, i want a better player.

VP and GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2013, 11:42 PM
Audio Outlaw
Jaded Sharks Fan

vCash: 1185
I say let him go. I like his speed but thats about it.

Audio Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2013, 11:54 PM
Pinkfloyd

vCash: 2283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audio Outlaw View Post
I say let him go. I like his speed but thats about it.
Yeah, let's just give away an asset when they don't have to and could probably trade him if they were that far down on him.

Pinkfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2013, 12:27 AM
MarleauApologist
fun must be alwalys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
Yeah, let's just give away an asset when they don't have to and could probably trade him if they were that far down on him.
This. :

MarleauApologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2013, 01:08 AM
Nighthock
**** the Kings...

vCash: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by VP and GM View Post
A good seat at the buffet... Ship him out as part of package for a better forward. He's to much of a tweener for me, i want a better player.

Nighthock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2013, 09:03 AM
stalockrox

Galiardi showed the player he could be down the stretch and into the playoffs and provided very good value on the PK.

I see no reason why he won't be re-signed, possibly to a 2 year deal somewhere around $2.2mil total.

stalockrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2013, 11:28 AM
do0glas

just hope hes a not a permanent second line fixture.

i think he could be a 30+ pt guy with pavs on the third line if we dont bring anyone in.

he plays a role for thornton and burns but i think his value lies on a third line.

do0glas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2013, 03:16 PM
Phu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post

Phu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2013, 03:23 PM
bigwillie

Send a message via AIM to bigwillie
Quote:
Originally Posted by VP and GM View Post
So much easier said than done.

Who are the Sharks targeting that fits their needs and salary structure? Which team would be interested in Galiardi? Are they good trading partners? Who else are the Sharks adding in this package that's expendable?

You can't just say "trade him for someone better."

bigwillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2013, 03:50 PM
MarleauApologist
fun must be alwalys

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwillie View Post

Who are the Sharks targeting that fits their needs and salary structure? Which team would be interested in Galiardi? Are they good trading partners? Who else are the Sharks adding in this package that's expendable?

This. I'd love to trade every player on this team for someone better, but that's not gonna happen, so we'll have to accept that this good 2nd/3rd line tweener who once scored 39 pts in 70 gms and showed chemistry with Burns and JT and scored over .5PPG with them is going to stay on the team. Personally I'm not losing sleep over having him on our team.

Old
06-23-2013, 03:59 PM
lsx

I like the guy, but seriously, he's just a marginally better version of Torrey Mitchell - he doesn't go to the right areas at the right time and so he can't put the puck in the net even when playing with Jumbo. He has no hockey sense.

lsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2013, 04:05 PM
MarleauApologist
fun must be alwalys

Galiardi is considerably better than Torrey Mitchell...it's not even close either. Call me when Mitchell scores 39 points in 70 games.

Old
06-23-2013, 05:35 PM
lsx

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great 88 View Post
Galiardi is considerably better than Torrey Mitchell...it's not even close either. Call me when Mitchell scores 39 points in 70 games.
The past doesn't matter, players have freak seasons sometimes...the fact of the matter is that during his tenure here in SJ he's only been valuable as a fore-checker. As a placeholder on the top line, he has failed to capitalize upon having the best setup guy in the league playing with him.

lsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2013, 05:37 PM
do0glas

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsx View Post
The past doesn't matter, players have freak seasons sometimes...the fact of the matter is that during his tenure here in SJ he's only been valuable as a fore-checker. As a placeholder on the top line, he has failed to capitalize upon having the best setup guy in the league playing with him.
i see where youre coming from, but torrey mitchell? kind of a bad comparison since galiardi can actually keep the puck for more than 5 seconds.

do0glas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2013, 06:09 PM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsx View Post
When he's fore-checking for Jumbo so that it's not Burns doing it, it's going to take him out of scoring positions. Mitchell couldn't even fore-check properly.

Old
06-23-2013, 08:07 PM
MarleauApologist
fun must be alwalys

Didn't Thornton praise Galiardi's play and say he was very unlucky but playing well?

In this season he was on pace for 30+ pts already, playing half of it with Handzus and Burish.

He's a lot better than Mitchell. He's a good first forechecker and a legit 3rd liner. He played very well this season.

Old
06-23-2013, 08:17 PM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
Didn't Thornton praise Galiardi's play and say he was very unlucky but playing well?

In this season he was on pace for 30+ pts already, playing half of it with Handzus and Burish.

He's a lot better than Mitchell. He's a good first forechecker and a legit 3rd liner. He played very well this season.
If McLellan gives Galiardi some time with Thornton to learn his tendencies and get some tips from Jumbo, I think he can put in a 20 goal campaign next year. He's got the hands to score at that level with a play-maker of Thornton's caliber. He just has to learn the position game when Thornton has the puck. If they keep Burns up there or they throw Pavs on his right, they will key on them and he should get opportunities to score and he can bury them with a bit of luck.

Old
06-23-2013, 09:59 PM
Mattb124

Burn shots right, Galiardi shoots left. This has shades of Pavelski/Marleau from the year prior, which is to say that Thornton has a history of favoring right-handed shots. You keep Galiardi because he has more skill and point-generating potential than this second 1/2 of this year reflects.

Mattb124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2013, 11:45 PM
Evincar
Your Final Judgement

He's a solid bottom 6 winger. It would be nice to retain something from that awful McGinn trade.

Evincar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2013, 11:47 PM
VP and GM
Havlat is gone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwillie View Post

There are several players that can help the team more than TJ. We need scoring depth, 35 to 45 points, kind of player which TJ is not. He alone won't be the key player in a deal for a better player, more of a
Sweetener in a package that includes a better player. So yea, I can say trade him, in a package, for a better player.

Old
06-23-2013, 11:55 PM
OrrNumber4

The thing with Galiardi is that for San Jose, he has been useless away from the top line. Players like him have to be decent in any role. He can't go so "on/off".

Like, for example, Cheechoo. A 30-goal scorer at minimum on Thornton's wing. Yet, even in a checking role, he was good for 20 and solid defensive play.

OrrNumber4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2013, 11:59 PM
VP and GM
Havlat is gone!

Quote:
This. I'd love to trade every player on this team for someone better, but that's not gonna happen, so we'll have to accept that this good 2nd/3rd line tweener who once scored 39 pts in 70 gms and showed chemistry with Burns and JT and scored over .5PPG with them is going to stay on the team. Personally I'm not losing sleep over having him on our team.
Showing chemistry with top six forwards is a good thing. It's not enough as one needs to produce more points at that level than TJ did or will. While I don't have a problem with his game as a bottom six player I just don't think he has enough skill to produce as a top six player. We have lots of third and forth liners not to mention at least one prospect that may se NHL time at this position, why waste a roster spot on him.