HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

Ball Hockey Canada vs Czech Republic

Closed Thread

Old
06-11-2013, 03:04 PM
canucksfan

vCash: 990
Ball Hockey Canada vs Czech Republic

Ball Hockey fight. Should be charged with assault.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...160922029.html

Old
06-11-2013, 04:55 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

vCash: 500
Goalie tries to protect the player and once it's all done that player just walks away. I guess the goalie tried to help his teammate for nothing ?

Old
06-11-2013, 05:05 PM
smitty10

This guy deserves to be charged with assault. A life time ban + some criminal charges should do the trick. Can't get off the hook with just an apology. This was an amateur game and this player assaulted the other one and the ref. Sorry doesn't heal the injuries suffered by the ref.

Old
06-11-2013, 05:14 PM
AlbinoAssassin

In ice hockey this would be considered classless. But this is ball hockey, which makes it even less necessary...

Old
06-11-2013, 06:00 PM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

vCash: 1165
Absolute joke.

Old
06-11-2013, 06:28 PM
TieClark

Other guy shouldn't have been talking ****, but you just don't do that in amateur sports... especially in ball hockey of all things.

Old
06-11-2013, 06:39 PM
MichiganWolverines
Big Mac Attack

Dale Purinton would be proud.

Old
06-11-2013, 06:54 PM
smitty10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TieClark View Post
Other guy shouldn't have been talking ****, but you just don't do that in amateur sports... especially in ball hockey of all things.
Just because someone says something that someone doesn't like, it's no excuse for anything like this to happen. It's inexcusable.

Old
06-11-2013, 07:40 PM
TieClark

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
Just because someone says something that someone doesn't like, it's no excuse for anything like this to happen. It's inexcusable.
I said as much did I not?

Old
06-11-2013, 07:59 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Typical Pender move. The guy has always been a gutless goof.

Old
06-11-2013, 08:21 PM
Newfy IceCapd

vCash: 50
Just as an update, this happened in Newfoundland. The ref was taken to hospital I believe with a broken leg. The goalie was released from the hospital with no injuries.

The cause of Penders stupid move was blamed on the diving of the Czech squad all game (coming from Terry Ryan, (an A and leader on the team)). Stupid, and i'm embarresed for NL that the fans cheered

Old
06-11-2013, 09:18 PM
bud12

I worked 4 years in my local arena, saw that pretty much every years minus the broken leg for the ref.......In my area, ball hockey tournament are the nastiness of them all. This happen more often than peoples think

Old
06-11-2013, 09:36 PM
TieClark

Quote:
Originally Posted by bud12 View Post
I worked 4 years in my local arena, saw that pretty much every years minus the broken leg for the ref.......In my area, ball hockey tournament are the nastiness of them all. This happen more often than peoples think
Usually it's 2 willing combatants though... not one guy just filling in a guy that wants no part of it.

Old
06-11-2013, 10:45 PM
LSnow

Should get a lifetime ban. If i was a Czech player i would have went in and kicked him in the head. No place in ball hockey.

Old
06-12-2013, 08:42 AM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganWolverines View Post
Dale Purinton would be proud.
Funny you mention him...he almost killed me once playing ball hockey. I didn't know who he was. I made a save and had the ball tucked under my pads when he pitchforked me while trying to dig the ball out. I said "Watch it ***hole!" With 5 seconds left in the game, he dumps it in the corner, I go out there and whammo, he sends me flying. Then he says "Who's the ***hole now?"

Afterwards I asked my D how come no help for the goalie. Guy says to me while pointing at every guy on our team that after he was done beating me up that he'd have done the same to everyone else on our team.

Old
06-12-2013, 09:22 AM
CarlWinslow
@hiphopsicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSnow View Post
Should get a lifetime ban. If i was a Czech player i would have went in and kicked him in the head. No place in ball hockey.
Czech players probably shouldn't have been diving and taunting the Canadian players for the entire game.

I'm not saying what the guy did was right but if you are going to repeatedly poke the bear, don't be surprised when the bear finally reacts.

While Pender shouldn't have done what he did, this whole thing could have been avoided had the Czech players demonstrated a little bit of class and grace while winning.

Old
06-12-2013, 12:37 PM
bud12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TieClark View Post
Usually it's 2 willing combatants though... not one guy just filling in a guy that wants no part of it.
yes and no. I saw some crazy things during those years lol. Was obliged to call the police on multiple occasion and it's probably worse in Newfoundland with the reputation they have

Old
06-12-2013, 03:53 PM
Hemlor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlWinslow View Post
Czech players probably shouldn't have been diving and taunting the Canadian players for the entire game.

I'm not saying what the guy did was right but if you are going to repeatedly poke the bear, don't be surprised when the bear finally reacts.

While Pender shouldn't have done what he did, this whole thing could have been avoided had the Czech players demonstrated a little bit of class and grace while winning.
Classic hockey response, lets blame the victim. Wait, maybe the Czech player turned into Pender's fists, so he should get a game ban as well. He piut himself in a vulnerable position.

Dude, this was a bunch of guys playing ball hockey. It's essentially a glorified beer league. If Canada was winning 5-1 do you think Pender would have reacted this way? Maybe he can't handle losing very well? Excuses for this type of thing have to stop. There is absolutely no excuse for this reaction, ever. He broke a guys leg. How much money might the ref now lose due to unemployment, for what? A ball hockey game?

Old
06-12-2013, 04:30 PM
CarlWinslow
@hiphopsicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlor View Post
Classic hockey response, lets blame the victim. Wait, maybe the Czech player turned into Pender's fists, so he should get a game ban as well. He piut himself in a vulnerable position.

Dude, this was a bunch of guys playing ball hockey. It's essentially a glorified beer league. If Canada was winning 5-1 do you think Pender would have reacted this way? Maybe he can't handle losing very well? Excuses for this type of thing have to stop. There is absolutely no excuse for this reaction, ever. He broke a guys leg. How much money might the ref now lose due to unemployment, for what? A ball hockey game?
Please, its the World Championships man. The best ball hockey players on the planet. It isn't a glorified beer league. It's filled with pro ice hockey players, pro ball hockey players etc.

Clearly I stated that Pender should not have reacted the way he did but yes, the victim should get some of the blame.

Had the Czech team shown an ounce of class, the situation could have been completely avoided. Pender is still a human being. Human beings get mad, human beings a susceptible to losing their cool.

When a guy is clearly getting enraged you have to be a complete fool to continue to egg him on. Why would you even do that? To embarrass and further humiliate him of course... Well if you are doing that to a person and they eventually react with violence when you won't lay off, you do deserve some of the blame. You want to act like an *******, expect to be treated like one.

As I said, Pender shouldn't have done what he did but on the other hand, neither should the Czech player.

Old
06-12-2013, 05:11 PM
Drop The Mits
Toronto Blue Dingers

Funny how the Czech team all didnt jump over the bench to protect their teammate like they did for an empty net goal what pansies. Running to your goalie for protection ? Laughable. Sucks the ref got injured but that's why they're not supposed to involve themselves in fights. You're playing a rough sport against some hard nosed guys, don't act up like the Czechs did and you won't get smacked up like the Czech did. Pointing at the scoreboard, what are we 5 years old?

Old
06-12-2013, 05:21 PM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlWinslow View Post
Please, its the World Championships man. The best ball hockey players on the planet. It isn't a glorified beer league. It's filled with pro ice hockey players, pro ball hockey players etc.

Clearly I stated that Pender should not have reacted the way he did but yes, the victim should get some of the blame.

Had the Czech team shown an ounce of class, the situation could have been completely avoided. Pender is still a human being. Human beings get mad, human beings a susceptible to losing their cool.

When a guy is clearly getting enraged you have to be a complete fool to continue to egg him on. Why would you even do that? To embarrass and further humiliate him of course... Well if you are doing that to a person and they eventually react with violence when you won't lay off, you do deserve some of the blame. You want to act like an *******, expect to be treated like one.

As I said, Pender shouldn't have done what he did but on the other hand, neither should the Czech player.
Seriously, why does a passport and some ill percieved patriotic crap perpetually get in the way of well reasoned, rational thought.

One committed what should amount to a crime. The other party didn't. One inflicted physical pain to several persons. The other parties didn't. Now an innocent party will be affected because of a senseless and needless attack.

Taunting and physical attacks are not the same. Next time a girl laughs at me in a club, should i just backslap her in the face?

Old
06-12-2013, 05:23 PM
Duffman955

Czech player is {Mod Edit} He should have turtled or bear hugged.

and the Czech bench should have protected their team mate.

The canadian guy is a total ass though.

Last edited by Homeland Security: 06-12-2013 at 08:36 PM. Reason: Edit
Old
06-12-2013, 08:36 PM
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
#beLIeve

We're done here.