HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Re-Brand Of The Avalanche

Old
06-12-2013, 12:07 AM
chet1926

vCash: 500
I don't think the Avs need a full "re-branding" like the Stars just did, but it would be nice if they would change the jerseys. Our current ones are just piss poor and look like they were designed by a high school designer.

I'm not sure what I'd do particularly, but I would keep the colors the same. I think it would be cool to incorporate something from the Quebec days into it, like the fleur-de-lis. I also think the 3rd jersey should use the yeti foot as a primary logo if not that go with something similar to what we currently use but I'd go back to the burgundy as the base color not blue.

chet1926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 12:19 AM
Foppa2118

Quote:
Originally Posted by chet1926 View Post
I don't think the Avs need a full "re-branding" like the Stars just did, but it would be nice if they would change the jerseys. Our current ones are just piss poor and look like they were designed by a high school designer.

I'm not sure what I'd do particularly, but I would keep the colors the same. I think it would be cool to incorporate something from the Quebec days into it, like the fleur-de-lis. I also think the 3rd jersey should use the yeti foot as a primary logo if not that go with something similar to what we currently use but I'd go back to the burgundy as the base color not blue.
I don't think anything representing the old Nordiques would be fair, since by all accounts Quebec is going to be getting their team back soon, and very well could have similar looking jerseys. At least hopefully they do.

Foppa2118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 01:47 AM
avsman

I love the design of 0194 but I'd use our current logo and change the color scheme so it's closer to the way it is now

avsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 02:29 AM
BrickAHL
#AvaloungeRevolution

Keep the logo and colours but please change the jersey.

BrickAHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 06:49 AM
Ceremony
like a collar

vCash: 24000
Quote:
Originally Posted by thevil View Post
I have to say, incorporating the Nordiques in our jersey would be sick:

Big no to this. I've never known why people are so stuck on putting something Nords-related in our jersey. No other team that's moved has ever done anything like this (aside from Calgary who kept the name so there was a reason for it). It would be a slap in the face to people in Quebec too while they still don't have a team, so I'd hope it doesn't happen. Also the fleur-de-lis thing is ugly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs For Life View Post
So I know you said keep everything the way it is...I LOVED the Black jersey with the Foot behind AVALANCHE

It would be a pretty sweet 3rd or 4th imo
This thing?

I... I actually don't have words for it. I don't think we should have a black jersey or do anything that doesn't have the main logo or COLORADO on the front of it, personally. Nothing else seems like it would work.

ďItís embarrassing. Iím embarrassed to be here right now. Itís not even funny. And itís just embarrassing, the way we, you know, the energy we have in the room and the way we approach practices and the way we approach this game. Itís not how youíre going to win any games in this league." - Jean-Sebastien Giguere, April 8 2013
Ceremony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 09:43 AM
Bubba Thudd
#AvsNewAge

vCash: 1200
burgundy and blue.

a dark(ish) blue, not some gross baby-blue BS.

The logo could maybe use a little tweaking. Maybe get rid of the oval, maybe make the top look more jagged like a mountain. Maybe make it a little smaller. But don't abandon it or the colors.

Redesign the jerseys, and bring back the burgundy third (with the laces).

06-12-2013, 10:59 AM
UncleRisto
Festered Ulcer

I think the logo looks incomplete without the oval.

UncleRisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 11:30 AM
R S
Renegade Stylings

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kloparren View Post
Idiotic idea imo. The logo is one of the best in the league and the jerseys even though they aren't as good as they used to be are awesome. The colour scheme is perfect. The Stars needed a minor change and they made a big one and are worst. A rebrand here would be nothing but a gimmick.

I can't believe that you as a fan would want this unless you're 13 or something. Do you think the Leafs or the Canadiens or the Bruins or the Wings or the Flyers or the Rangers have done a major rebrand in the past several decades? This is what 3rd and 4th jerseys are for, you don't change the identity of the entire club just because of a new coach and VP.
Sorry to have offended you so deeply.

R S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 11:46 AM
Razor29
The Ultimate Tank

vCash: 50

Razor29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 12:01 PM
iceberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking Mode View Post
You win!

iceberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 12:10 PM
Avs For Life
#92 #9 #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceremony View Post
Big no to this. I've never known why people are so stuck on putting something Nords-related in our jersey. No other team that's moved has ever done anything like this (aside from Calgary who kept the name so there was a reason for it). It would be a slap in the face to people in Quebec too while they still don't have a team, so I'd hope it doesn't happen. Also the fleur-de-lis thing is ugly.

This thing?

I... I actually don't have words for it. I don't think we should have a black jersey or do anything that doesn't have the main logo or COLORADO on the front of it, personally. Nothing else seems like it would work.
HAHA to each his own I guess, I love all three of those. I also dont think our current jerseys are all that bad either AND I loved our original jerseys... I guess I just have different taste from a lot of people here. I do think the black one needs at least the avs logo on the shoulder.

Maybe Landy and Duchene just make our current ones look good LOL

Avs For Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 12:30 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
Yup, I want the Avs to go back to this look with a more modern twist. No reason or need to change our logo, it is great and we need to get some history with our organization.

They also need to retire our Blueberry jersey because it is so freakin ridicolous without a stripe at the bottom. Bring back the old burgundy third and make it blue because I think our 3rd jersey should always be blue.

S E P H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 12:34 PM
Foppa2118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceremony View Post

This thing?

That foot is the cheesiest logo ever. If they ever go with that on the front of the jersey, I'll never be able to see an Avs game again, because I'll be cringing the whole time.

Foppa2118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 12:37 PM
PAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
While this is a true statement, it doesn't mean the Avs should abandon the color. It just means I won't wear our homes.
I wouldn't buy another Avs jersey if it didn't have Burgundy in it. Although I also refuse to buy the apron jerseys as well, so theres that.

PAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 12:45 PM
Carlzner

Quote:
Obviously those jerseys are great but I don't think they would translate to the modern jersey type nearly as well.

Carlzner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 02:40 PM
UncleRisto
Festered Ulcer

I'm not very good at making these concepts so it's a bit rough but I hope you like it.

It's quite simple and all. Since most of us seem to like the mountain stripe at the bottom I put that in there. The stripes on the sleeves are quite similar to the ones in the blueberries. The silver stripes on the home jersey are a bit to slim but the one on the third is better. So obviously you can imagine the away jerseys off of these homes and thirds. The exact same as white/burgundy. Just add in the numbers and shoulder patches and there you go.

Tell me what you think.
Attached Images
File Type: png avsconcept.png‎ (119.4 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by UncleRisto: 06-12-2013 at 02:47 PM.
Old
06-12-2013, 03:28 PM
Razor29
The Ultimate Tank

Why do jerseys need to have a modern look. If something looks good, go with it.

Old
06-12-2013, 03:35 PM
UncleRisto
Festered Ulcer

Quote:
Why do jerseys need to have a modern look. If something looks good, go with it.
I agree the old ones are gold but maybe they don't fit the cut of the jersey. We have to go towards the old design though, that's for sure.

Old
06-12-2013, 05:00 PM
Razor29
The Ultimate Tank

In any case I hope they keep the current ones so I can actually wear my new one to a game next year.

Old
06-12-2013, 05:30 PM
Freaky Styley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Carter View Post
I like this one the most, but it could still use some tweaking.

As for 3rds, the blueberries have actually grown on me but it's still sort of dull that we just changed the color of our old 3rds essentially. I've always wanted to see something done with the secondary logo for the 3rd jerseys. Maybe not using the logo outright as the crest or anything, but I think if done right a Yeti 3rd jersey could be cool. Probably a fine line between cool and terribad though so there'd have to be a ton of work and thought put into it. With our luck it'd probably turn out pretty awful though
Really like these white ones. But yes, we need some sort of change.. like most people I don't want to see the logo changed drastically, maybe some tweaking, but a good logo stands the test of time (original 6 teams). Colours are also great, but some sort of design change is definitely in order.

Freaky Styley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 05:52 PM
jfisher6
#thestructure

I hope they don't change the logo.

That said, new jerseys would be nice

jfisher6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 08:05 PM
IceRat
#BallsOnTheTable

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfisher6 View Post
I hope they don't change the logo.

That said, new jerseys would be nice

IceRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 08:38 PM
Colorado Sports Fan

I think one thing we can all agree on...the white jersey needs to be the home jerseys again. Darks on the Road.

Colorado Sports Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 08:53 PM
Commander Enigma

An old, admittedly shoddy photoshop jersey redesign attempt:

Commander Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 09:08 PM
Frenchy
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaman Jones View Post
An old, admittedly shoddy photoshop jersey redesign attempt:

maybe it's just me , but the white jersey have a 70's look .

Frenchy is offline   Reply With Quote