HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ranger Prospect Poll - #21

View Poll Results: #21
Nate Guenin 1 2.38%
Roman Psurny 3 7.14%
Dwight Helminen 4 9.52%
Billy Ryan 10 23.81%
Chris Holt 0 0%
Zdenek Bahensky 3 7.14%
Garth Murray 9 21.43%
Greg Moore 0 0%
Joey Crabb 1 2.38%
Jake Taylor 7 16.67%
Chad Wiseman 3 7.14%
Ryan Hollweg 1 2.38%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
05-28-2005, 01:03 PM
FLYLine24*

vCash: 500
Ranger Prospect Poll - #21

#1 Prospect - Henrik Lundqvist (G) - 2000 Draft - #205 Overall, 7th Round*
#2 Prospect - Fedor Tyutin (D) - 2001 Draft - #40 Overall, 2nd Round*
#3 Prospect - Al Montoya (G) - 2004 Draft - #6 Overall, 1st Round*
#4 Prospect - Hugh Jessiman (RW) - 2003 Draft - #12 Overall, 1st Round*
#5 Prospect - Jarkko Immonen (C) - 2002 Draft - #254 Overall, 8th Round
#6 Prospect - Lauri Korpikoski (LW) - 2004 Draft - #19 Overall, 1st Round*
#7 Prospect - Maxim Kondratiev (D) - 2001 Draft - #168 Overall, 6th Round
#8 Prospect - Jozef Balej (RW) - 2000 Draft - #78 Overall, 3rd Round
#9 Prospect - Nigel Dawes (LW) - 2003 Draft - #149 Overall, 5th Round*
#10 Prospect - Ivan Baranka (D) - 2003 Draft - #50 Overall, 2nd Round*
#11 Prospect - Petr Prucha (C) - 2002 Draft - #240 Overall, 8th Round*
#12 Prospect - Bruce Graham (C) - 2004 Draft - #51 Overall, 2nd Round*
#13 Prospect - Thomas Pock (D) - Not Drafted*
#14 Prospect - Alexandre Giroux (LW) - 1999 Draft - #213 Overall, 7th Round
#15 Prospect - Bryce Lampman (D) - 2001 Draft - #113 Overall, 4th Round*
#16 Prospect - Darin Olver (C) - 2004 Draft - #36 Overall, 2nd Round*
#17 Propsect - Dave Liffton (D) - 2003 Draft - #63 Overall, 2nd Round
#18 Prospect - Brandon Dubinsky (C) - 2004 Draft - #60 Overall, 2nd Round*
#19 Prospect - Dominic Moore (C) - 2000 Draft - #95 Overall, 3rd Round*
#20 Prospect - Ryan Callahan (RW) - 2004 Draft - #127 Overall, 4th Round*
* - Home grown prospects (NYR Drafted/Signed)

-----
Added: Greg Moore
Nominations: Petruzalek
*I need more nominations again, request who you want to be added. Click here for a list of players.
-----
My vote goes for Billy Ryan, like others have said..hes got a pretty decent upside to him...next year should tell the story on him a lot better.

Old
05-28-2005, 01:58 PM
BigE

Jake Taylor. Add Phillip Furrer and Correy Potter.

Old
05-28-2005, 02:05 PM
Onion Boy

Voted Billy Ryan. Highest upside among remaining prospects.

Add Corey Potter and Rick Kozak.

Old
05-28-2005, 03:18 PM
bmoak

Murray. Add Potter.

Jonasen should be coming up soon. , alhtough he's already signed in Sweden for next year.

Old
05-28-2005, 05:05 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Voted for Psurny. Add Ken Roche

Old
05-28-2005, 05:30 PM
NYR2

Something's been telling me to vote for Billy Ryan the past couple of rounds and I didn't. I am this time.

Old
05-29-2005, 12:07 AM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Voted for Helminen, add Potter.

Old
05-29-2005, 02:03 AM
Barnaby

Voted Taylor... I like the intangibles, plus he's BIG. Was tempted to vote Ryan, but why not see another Tie breaker?

Old
05-29-2005, 02:09 AM
Barnaby

add Potter, Furrer.

Old
05-29-2005, 10:48 AM
Onion Boy

I'm puzzled to see why Garth Murray is getting so many votes. I was one of his biggest fans before this season started and still held hope that he could turn out to be a Darren McCarty-type grinder with a decent hands. After watching him this past season however, I am thoroughly convinced that he has no future in the NHL. For one reason or another (injuries perhaps?) the guy can't score anymore. Furthermore, he doesn't do anything else well enough to earn a spot in the NHL. He's not great defensively, he's not a great skater, he's not a particularly great hitter, and he's a good fighter, but not good enough to be an NHL enforcer. At this point, I see Garth Murray as an occasional fourth-line callup at best, though he may earn a roster spot next season simply due to the lack of near NHL-ready players this organization has.

Old
05-29-2005, 10:55 AM
nyr5186

Add Roche, Potter and Kozak

Drop Crabb and Guenin

Old
05-29-2005, 12:06 PM
FLYLine24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr4life5186
Add Roche, Potter and Kozak

Drop Crabb and Guenin
I cant just drop names off that people already wanted added.

Old
05-29-2005, 12:22 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjb3599
I'm puzzled to see why Garth Murray is getting so many votes. I was one of his biggest fans before this season started and still held hope that he could turn out to be a Darren McCarty-type grinder with a decent hands. After watching him this past season however, I am thoroughly convinced that he has no future in the NHL. For one reason or another (injuries perhaps?) the guy can't score anymore. Furthermore, he doesn't do anything else well enough to earn a spot in the NHL. He's not great defensively, he's not a great skater, he's not a particularly great hitter, and he's a good fighter, but not good enough to be an NHL enforcer. At this point, I see Garth Murray as an occasional fourth-line callup at best, though he may earn a roster spot next season simply due to the lack of near NHL-ready players this organization has.
I only saw him 3 times this season. One of them his first(or maybe second) game of the season. But from the little I've seen I belive that he have allot better hockey sense&attitude and is much better suited for a position as a checker then many other players(Wiseman/Giroux) in the org. Also in the games I saw Ortmayer, Hollweg and Murray did a tremendous job on the forecheck. I know that there have been ups and downs in HFD, and the games I saw where among others great games by HFD against Providence and Manchester and it was Ortmayer, Murray and Hollweg who won these games for us. Not Lundmark, Balej or Giroux.

If we have thoose 3 players on the 3rd/4th line in the NHL and they are able to play like they did against Manchester and Providence day out and day in in the NHL they could turn out to be a tremendous asset for the team. Homegrown players like that working their rear of every night would set a great example for the team. Something we haven't had in ages. Also I belive Jed Ortmayer is a perfect example that a player don't have to be a star in the AHL to make it to the NHL. As long as he sticks to what he is good at.

I wouldn't mind seeing these 3rd and 4th lines in the NHL:
Hollweg-Holik-Giroux/Lundmark
Murray-Moore-Ortmayer

Old
05-29-2005, 04:23 PM
Onion Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola
I only saw him 3 times this season. One of them his first(or maybe second) game of the season. But from the little I've seen I belive that he have allot better hockey sense&attitude and is much better suited for a position as a checker then many other players(Wiseman/Giroux) in the org. Also in the games I saw Ortmayer, Hollweg and Murray did a tremendous job on the forecheck.

Also I belive Jed Ortmayer is a perfect example that a player don't have to be a star in the AHL to make it to the NHL. As long as he sticks to what he is good at.

I wouldn't mind seeing these 3rd and 4th lines in the NHL:
Hollweg-Holik-Giroux/Lundmark
Murray-Moore-Ortmayer
I saw Murray probably about 8-9 times this year and once live in Bridgeport around Christmas (when he scored his first goal of the season). See here's the thing with Murray (my opinion anyway): he doesn't do anything above average at all. Hollweg is a tremendous hitter and tenacious forechecker who would be a perfect fourth line center that only needs 8-10 mins of icetime to be effective. Ortmeyer has tremendous hustle, probably better than any player in Hartford. His hands are poor, but he's quick and extremely effective on the PK. I am not a huge Ortmeyer fan, but his hustle alone should earn him a spot on the fourth line.

Garth is not a great hitter (he's big, but is not a hitting machine ala Hollweg). He seems to have some offensive skill, but it has pretty much disappeared the past two seasons. He doesn't have the hustle of Ortmeyer and certainly doesn't have the speed. Unlike Ortmeyer, I would NOT want to see Garth out on the PK. He doesn't have the necessary hockey sense or defensive skills. In some cases, Garth can be a liability in the defensive zone.

Fourth liners in the NHL need to be energy players who can effectively grind down the opposition with limited icetime per game. Garth doesn't have the speed, hustle, or defensive awareness to play that kind of game. Third liners have to be even more defensively responsible and generally tend to have some offensive game.

To be perfectly honest, a line of Murray-Moore-Ortmeyer would be my worst nightmare. Moore is a playmaker with excellent hockey sense and awareness in all three zones. He is not a checker and needs nore than 8 mins of icetime to be effective. Furthermore, neither Murray nor Ortmeyer has the finishing skills to play on a line with Moore.

That's another thing I don't understand. Why do people think Dominic Moore can play on the 4th line. Not only does he need icetime to be a effective, but putting him on a line with stiffs prevents his best attributes from being utilized.

Old
05-29-2005, 10:57 PM
BigE

I didn't realize that Jonathon Paiement wasn't on the list. He deserves to be added, if not go before some of the guys already on the list.

Closed Thread