HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 Offseason Thread Part V: Streit signs with PHI (4 years, $5.25M per)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-13-2013, 10:15 PM
  #276
JeffMangum
Man Girardi
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 59,616
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
for arguments sake.

Give the Rangers Cory Schneider and the extra 4-5 million to add scoring up front and I gladly take my chances.
Agreed, so long as the $4-$5 million is well spent.

__________________
Soon.
JeffMangum is offline  
Old
06-13-2013, 10:16 PM
  #277
KreidertheGlider
MDZ for NYR Blueline
 
KreidertheGlider's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 473
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacTruck View Post
I agree. I love him too but getting someone of that ilk or potential to become a consistent 30-30 1st line LW for MDZ seems pretty unlikely at this point. I think our best bet is Burmistrov but I would LOVE to get our hands on Schenn or Couturier.
If I had the choice, I would choose Couturier.

Younger, much better defensively, higher hockey IQ, high offensive potential, 6'2".

He is the real deal. Schenn is just more flashy.

Couturier might project to Bergeron IMHO.

Couturier will be scary good once he puts his offensive skills together

KreidertheGlider is offline  
Old
06-13-2013, 10:18 PM
  #278
KreidertheGlider
MDZ for NYR Blueline
 
KreidertheGlider's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 473
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
Agreed, so long as the $4-$5 million is well spent.
BB, what do you think the highest return would be for 1 year of Lundqvist? There are some teams that desperately need to resolve goaltending issues.

KreidertheGlider is offline  
Old
06-13-2013, 10:28 PM
  #279
JeffMangum
Man Girardi
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 59,616
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by KreidertheGlider View Post
BB, what do you think the highest return would be for 1 year of Lundqvist? There are some teams that desperately need to resolve goaltending issues.
Depends on the team.

Unfortunately, a lot of teams that need a #1 goalie (NJ, NYI, PHI, PIT, although they are sticking with Fleury — good luck there ) are in our division, and, obviously, the Rangers aren't trading Lundqvist to a rival.

I could see Edmonton, Minnesota, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Toronto, and Winnipeg being heavily interested.

The return, obviously, would have to be substantial — even with a year left on his deal, Lundqvist is arguably a top-5 player and has been the team MVP nearly every year in his tenure. It would have to be something like:

Top-6 roster player x 2 or a top-6 roster player and a top-4 D
Top prospect
1st

Similar to the Nash deal. I don't know if the Rangers would get it, but teams would certainly pay a hefty bundle to get the best goalie in the NHL, in his prime.

JeffMangum is offline  
Old
06-13-2013, 10:29 PM
  #280
3rdlineglory
Korsi Kevin
 
3rdlineglory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Mahopac, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 436
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
I'm one.

Never wanted Sather to let Orr go in the first place.

we are on the 3rd version of what Orr brings to the table in Asham.

Brashear - FAIL
Boogaard - FAIL
Asham - no more effective at the role than Orr has been, or would have been.

Orr got 1 million a season.

Brashear over a mill
Boogaard over a mil
Asham similar money

Turns out that the best course of action would have been to have kept Orr
Orr was on the brink of irrelevance last year. The coaching of Carlyle and Eakins is what fueled his comeback. Who knows if he would have had similar guidance here.

3rdlineglory is offline  
Old
06-13-2013, 10:31 PM
  #281
KreidertheGlider
MDZ for NYR Blueline
 
KreidertheGlider's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 473
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
Depends on the team.

Unfortunately, a lot of teams that need a #1 goalie (NJ, NYI, PHI, PIT, although they are sticking with Fleury — good luck there ) are in our division, and, obviously, the Rangers aren't trading Lundqvist to a rival.

I could see Edmonton, Minnesota, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Toronto, and Winnipeg being heavily interested.

The return, obviously, would have to be substantial — even with a year left on his deal, Lundqvist is arguably a top-5 player and has been the team MVP nearly every year in his tenure. It would have to be something like:

Top-6 roster player x 2 or a top-6 roster player and a top-4 D
Top prospect
1st

Similar to the Nash deal. I don't know if the Rangers would get it, but teams would certainly pay a hefty bundle to get the best goalie in the NHL, in his prime.

Is this the value for a signed Lundqvist or Lundqvist on his current contract?

Edit: I need to learn to read what's the value of extended Lundqvist?

KreidertheGlider is offline  
Old
06-13-2013, 10:31 PM
  #282
3rdlineglory
Korsi Kevin
 
3rdlineglory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Mahopac, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 436
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
Depends on the team.

Unfortunately, a lot of teams that need a #1 goalie (NJ, NYI, PHI, PIT, although they are sticking with Fleury — good luck there ) are in our division, and, obviously, the Rangers aren't trading Lundqvist to a rival.

I could see Edmonton, Minnesota, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Toronto, and Winnipeg being heavily interested.

The return, obviously, would have to be substantial — even with a year left on his deal, Lundqvist is arguably a top-5 player and has been the team MVP nearly every year in his tenure. It would have to be something like:

Top-6 roster player x 2 or a top-6 roster player and a top-4 D
Top prospect
1st

Similar to the Nash deal. I don't know if the Rangers would get it, but teams would certainly pay a hefty bundle to get the best goalie in the NHL, in his prime.
Tampa could be a good fit. They're starting to develop a logjam with top 6 wingers, especially if they draft Drouin. Lindback/Bishop have been disappointments.

3rdlineglory is offline  
Old
06-13-2013, 10:34 PM
  #283
JeffMangum
Man Girardi
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 59,616
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by KreidertheGlider View Post
Is this the value for a signed Lundqvist or Lundqvist on his current contract?

Edit: I need to learn to read what's the value of extended Lundqvist?
I think that's the value of Lundqvist if they traded him this offseason. Or what it would take to pry him out of NY.

An extended Lundqvist? The value would be ludicrous. I don't know if there's a team that would offer enough.

JeffMangum is offline  
Old
06-13-2013, 10:35 PM
  #284
3rdlineglory
Korsi Kevin
 
3rdlineglory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Mahopac, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 436
vCash: 500
A big reason I like having McIlrath and Noreau in our system is that someday maybe we won't have to speculate every offseason which tough guy Sather will overpay for .

3rdlineglory is offline  
Old
06-13-2013, 10:40 PM
  #285
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,942
vCash: 500
IMHO Value of an extended Lundqvist = Value of Stamkos/Crosby/Malkin/etc

Inferno is offline  
Old
06-14-2013, 01:49 AM
  #286
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
Hartikainen signed in the KHL.
1 yr deal I believe. He should be back next season. Still has upside to his game IMO.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
06-14-2013, 03:20 AM
  #287
EuroFlair
All series baby!
 
EuroFlair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: the alps
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,674
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
for arguments sake.

Give the Rangers Cory Schneider and the extra 4-5 million to add scoring up front and I gladly take my chances.
Well I don't think Cory is going anywhere, Luongo is still the odd man out imo. My point is that it's hard to get a true #1, just look at Philadelphia.

EuroFlair is offline  
Old
06-14-2013, 04:39 AM
  #288
pld459666
Registered User
 
pld459666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Danbury, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 17,613
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by snipeit View Post
Well I don't think Cory is going anywhere, Luongo is still the odd man out imo. My point is that it's hard to get a true #1, just look at Philadelphia.
very fair point.

When they DO have a #1, they traded him (Bobrovsky)

pld459666 is offline  
Old
06-14-2013, 06:21 AM
  #289
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 32,456
vCash: 500
Michalek is in the last season of his contract. Group III. His salary is $6M next season. His knees are held together by strings. If DZ is dealt,the Rangers are getting back a better player than Michalek. If Ottawa wants DZ,start with the two Swedes.

RangerBoy is offline  
Old
06-14-2013, 08:19 AM
  #290
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,149
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdlineglory View Post
Orr was on the brink of irrelevance last year. The coaching of Carlyle and Eakins is what fueled his comeback. Who knows if he would have had similar guidance here.
Asham is also better than Orr and he cant be compared to guys like Boogard, Brashear, Scott.

I don't see the big problem having Pyatt, Asham, Powe for 1 more yr. They could be moved easily if the team chooses. Also Boyle will be in the last yr of his deal.

Teams cap situation is fine even after signing McD, Hagelin, Stepan, Zuke

buying out Richards allows them to sign a UFA or two. Say Clowe on a short term deal only and Weiss as well

Vitto79 is offline  
Old
06-14-2013, 08:31 AM
  #291
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 32,456
vCash: 500
From: @stevezipay
Sent: Jun 14, 2013 9:25a

Team Sweden orientation camp (early August in Stockholm) includes NYR Lundqvist, Hagelin, Lindberg

sent via Twitter for iPhone
On Twitter: http://twitter.com/stevezipay/status/345532383505817602

RangerBoy is offline  
Old
06-14-2013, 08:46 AM
  #292
Blue Blooded
Registered User
 
Blue Blooded's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,780
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
From: @stevezipay
Sent: Jun 14, 2013 9:25a

Team Sweden orientation camp (early August in Stockholm) includes NYR Lundqvist, Hagelin, Lindberg

sent via Twitter for iPhone
On Twitter: http://twitter.com/stevezipay/status/345532383505817602
How does Lindberg get an invite, but Strålman doesn't?

Blue Blooded is offline  
Old
06-14-2013, 09:03 AM
  #293
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 32,456
vCash: 500
Lindberg played for the Swedes at the World Championships. They were missing forwards playing in the NHL but not that many. Its a good sign for Lindberg's future. They must think the kid is a player.

RangerBoy is offline  
Old
06-14-2013, 09:14 AM
  #294
iamitter
Thornton's Hen
 
iamitter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,478
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Blooded View Post
How does Lindberg get an invite, but Strålman doesn't?
More forward spots then dmen.

Edler, Karlsson, Enstrom, OEL, Hedman, Kronwall.

Then you have all those who COULD challenge with Stralman depending on what type of defenseman they want.

Hammer, Oduya, Murray, Grossman, Gunnarsson, Brodin, etc.

iamitter is offline  
Old
06-14-2013, 09:37 AM
  #295
Blue Blooded
Registered User
 
Blue Blooded's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,780
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Lindberg played for the Swedes at the World Championships. They were missing forwards playing in the NHL but not that many. Its a good sign for Lindberg's future. They must think the kid is a player.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitter View Post
More forward spots then dmen.

Edler, Karlsson, Enstrom, OEL, Hedman, Kronwall.

Then you have all those who COULD challenge with Stralman depending on what type of defenseman they want.

Hammer, Oduya, Murray, Grossman, Gunnarsson, Brodin, etc.
I know, but it's still only an orientation camp, and Strålman has performed excellently for Tre Kronor when given the chance. He thrives on big ice.

Strålman has quietly evolved into a fantastic d-man on the Rangers, and he was arguably better than Girardi for worryingly large parts of this season.

OTOH, I guess the less recognition he gets, the easier it will be to re-sign him when his contract expires. If we can sign him for less than $3M as an UFA that would be one hell of a deal.

Blue Blooded is offline  
Old
06-14-2013, 09:40 AM
  #296
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 32,456
vCash: 500
Jim Cerny had a chat two days ago. He said the Rangers off season centered on 3 players. Richards,Boyle and DZ. Richards is an amnesty guy. The other two are trade candidates. He made it sound like Stepan is getting more the 2 year bridge contract bwtn his non-arb and salary arbitration year. Long term for McDonagh. Shorter term for Hagelin. He is 3 years away from group 3 so 2 years seems likely there. He felt Clowe will get more than the Rangers are willing to pay him. Katie Strang did an ESPN writers chat. She brought up Bickell as a replacement for Clowe. That guy will get a fortune in free agnency. Cerny was asked about free agnecy. He didn't see the Rangers handing out 4-5 years deal worth $20M this summer. Cerny said getting Henrik signed is at the top of the list.

RangerBoy is offline  
Old
06-14-2013, 09:47 AM
  #297
Blue Blooded
Registered User
 
Blue Blooded's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,780
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Jim Cerny had a chat two days ago. He said the Rangers off season centered on 3 players. Richards,Boyle and DZ. Richards is an amnesty guy. The other two are trade candidates. He made it sound like Stepan is getting more the 2 year bridge contract bwtn his non-arb and salary arbitration year. Long term for McDonagh. Shorter term for Hagelin. He is 3 years away from group 3 so 2 years seems likely there. He felt Clowe will get more than the Rangers are willing to pay him. Katie Strang did an ESPN writers chat. She brought up Bickell as a replacement for Clowe. That guy will get a fortune in free agnency. Cerny was asked about free agnecy. He didn't see the Rangers handing out 4-5 years deal worth $20M this summer. Cerny said getting Henrik signed is at the top of the list.
I'm loving everything I'm reading here, except for the interest in Bickell.

Long-term deals for Step and McD, fantastic. They will be bargains in a few years, and we have nothing to spend the excess cap space on now anyway.

Bridge deal for Hags, also great. We won't afford big deals for all 3 RFAs, and Hags will be perennially underpaid for what he brings since he is small and doesn't play on the PP. 1st-line calibre winger at ES.

Stay away from Clowe, damaged goods and the league still overvalues size.

Size is nice, but since there is a salary cap you have to consider "bang for the buck". A healthy Clowe will get paid roughly the same as Alex Steen. But Steen is a significantly more valuable player. Bickell is in the Clowe category and also coming off a hot playoff, he will get very overpaid and I'd really like to avoid being the team that gets the privilege to do that.

Blue Blooded is offline  
Old
06-14-2013, 09:47 AM
  #298
Trxjw
Retired.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 17,170
vCash: 500
With the lousy market for FA defenders, I think Del Zotto will be an attractive option for a lot of teams. It'll be interesting to find out what pieces the Rangers are hoping to get in return for him.

Trxjw is offline  
Old
06-14-2013, 10:12 AM
  #299
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,230
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KreidertheGlider View Post
If I had the choice, I would choose Couturier.

Younger, much better defensively, higher hockey IQ, high offensive potential, 6'2".

He is the real deal. Schenn is just more flashy.

Couturier might project to Bergeron IMHO.

Couturier will be scary good once he puts his offensive skills together
Younger by one year.

"Schenn is just more flashy". He's just a better hockey player, plain and simple. He has far more offensive upside. He is stronger, tougher, faster, and is a leader. He has everything a true #1 center should have.

One year older, 26 points in 47 games, 15:32 ATOI. While Couturier 15 points in 46, 15:53 ATOI.

Career:
110 20 26 46
123 17 25 42

The only thing Couturier has on Schenn is about 2 inches in height.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline  
Old
06-14-2013, 10:14 AM
  #300
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 29,534
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by puckrush View Post
Younger by one year.

"Schenn is just more flashy". He's just a better hockey player, plain and simple. He has far more offensive upside. He is stronger, tougher, faster, and is a leader. He has everything a true #1 center should have.

One year older, 26 points in 47 games, 15:32 ATOI. While Couturier 15 points in 46, 15:53 ATOI.

Career:
110 20 26 46
123 17 25 42

The only thing Couturier has on Schenn is about 2 inches in height.
Schenn played in the top-6, often times on the LW with Giroux. He also got PP time.

Couturier was one of their primary PKers. That TOI stat does not do their value justice at all.

NYR Viper is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:14 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.