HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Penguins Trades

Old
06-14-2013, 11:05 AM
Flat Stanley

vCash: 500
Penguins Trades

2013 3rd round pick (88th overall)

RW Jarome Iginla's UFA rights.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2013 3rd round pick (73rd overall)

D Matt Niskanen

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2013 7th round pick

Any team

LW Tanner Glass

1st Trade: The best fit for Jarome Iginla is probably L.A. I proposed this idea in the "Iginla's Rights" thread, I think it could work for both sides, LA has picks 96 and 103 so they could spare that pick and get a good veteran winger that fits their style and will be used properly by Sutter.

2nd Trade: The Penguins have to clear some salary and the Coyotes have cap space. The Coyotes top 4 is pretty strong and Matt Niskanen would add depth and decent two way play to Dave Tippet's defensive system. I also chose the Coyotes because they have a couple of 3rd round picks and shouldn't have a problem trading the later one, if Matt Niskanen would be valuable to them that is.

3rd Trade: Any team want Tanner Glass? 1 year left on his deal at $1.1M, 7th round pick, or even future considerations, anyone?

Do the trades make sense, seem fair, etc? Thoughts?

Flat Stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 11:12 AM
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse

Yotes have zero need/want for Niskanen with our blueline depth. However, a 3rd for Jokinen would be something we'd definitely consider.

IPreferPi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 11:14 AM
matt1396

Niskanen is worth more than a 3rd.... as for the other ones I wouldn't be opposed to them, especially the Glass one.

matt1396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 11:17 AM
Number1RedWingsFan52

The main reason why the Kings did'nt go after Iginla during the trade deadline was because of there cap issue and how would today be any different King fans have already pretty much said that they would love to have Iginla but with there coming cap issues this year there is no way they can afford what he wants.

Number1RedWingsFan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 11:23 AM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

vCash: 50
Niskanen is worth more than 3rd. Probably get an early 2nd for him.

Shrimper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 11:24 AM
Flat Stanley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number1RedWingsFan52 View Post
The main reason why the Kings did'nt go after Iginla during the trade deadline was because of there cap issue and how would today be any different King fans have already pretty much said that they would love to have Iginla but with there coming cap issues this year there is no way they can afford what he wants.
Their cap situation isn't that bad, I mean they do have players to re-sign but at the same time, I've read Kings fans comments' saying it's possible Stoll is moved, if that's true and no salary is retained. That's $15M+ to re-sign Clifford, Lewis, Nolan, Penner, Voynov, Martinez, Ellerby, Muzzin and Scuderi.

Do Kings fans see their team re-signing Ellerby and Penner? Clifford, Lewis, Nolan and Muzzin should be cheap, the only pricey contracts would be Voynov, Scuderi, maybe Martinez.

I think they have more than enough for Iginla, IMO. But I'm not the Kings so I don't know what their plans were, it was just a thought.

Old
06-14-2013, 11:28 AM
Flat Stanley

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPreferPi View Post
Yotes have zero need/want for Niskanen with our blueline depth. However, a 3rd for Jokinen would be something we'd definitely consider.
Yeah I actually see Jokinen as a great fit for the Coyotes, I don't know if Shero would want to move him, maybe he wants him to stay for a top 6 spot, I don't know. But that could be a good trade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt1396 View Post
Niskanen is worth more than a 3rd.... as for the other ones I wouldn't be opposed to them, especially the Glass one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
Niskanen is worth more than 3rd. Probably get an early 2nd for him.
It would be awesome if Niskanen could return an early 2nd. Montreal has 2 early 2nds let's ask them

Old
06-14-2013, 11:29 AM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Bitter Buffalo

Niskanen is definitely worth an early 2nd, and I fully expect him to fetch one.

Iggy...LA's cap situation is arguably tougher than Pittsburgh's for next season and it's safe to say Boston isn't going to be interested (and I don't know why Chicago would be interested)...I think he winds up re-signing.

Glass...please...I'd like to think he's worth a 7th round pick, but even that may be too much.

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
Big McLargehuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 11:31 AM
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyes of Orpik View Post
Yeah I actually see Jokinen as a great fit for the Coyotes, I don't know if Shero would want to move him, maybe he wants him to stay for a top 6 spot, I don't know. But that could be a good trade.
Let us know if/when we can fax the paperwork over

Old
06-14-2013, 11:34 AM
terex

I think the Pens are more likely to move Orpik than Niskanen. Potentially more cap savings, and likely a better return.

terex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 11:41 AM
SuburbanRhythm
WorldClassJagoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by terex View Post
I think the Pens are more likely to move Orpik than Niskanen. Potentially more cap savings, and likely a better return.
Except Orpik played very well in the playoffs. Niskanen not so much.

And, Niskanen is a redundant piece with Letang (retained), Despres, Martin, and several prospects as a puck mover.

SuburbanRhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 11:47 AM
terex

And Orpik has year left, and then he'll be unrestricted. He's getting to the age where the wheels will fall off any time now. Move him now while he still has value, we can get cap relief, and before he walks for nothing. Niskanen is at least cost controlled as an RFA.

Move Orpik, plug in Murray after re-signing him for cheap, and let the kids fight for a spot.

Old
06-14-2013, 11:49 AM
Dangles McGavin
RIP Lounge

Leafs will give you a 2nd for Niskanen.

Dangles McGavin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 11:54 AM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

I'd be interested in Glass to replace Hendricks.

fedfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 11:55 AM
Flat Stanley

Quote:
And Orpik has year left, and then he'll be unrestricted. He's getting to the age where the wheels will fall off any time now. Move him now while he still has value, we can get cap relief, and before he walks for nothing. Niskanen is at least cost controlled as an RFA.

Move Orpik, plug in Murray after re-signing him for cheap, and let the kids fight for a spot.
Niskanen will be a UFA after next season. I also don't think the Pens will be trading Orpik anytime soon, out of every player in the organization, he's been here the longest being our 1st round pick in 2000. He played well in the playoffs and is pretty much the leader on D. And the difference in salaries between Orpik and Niskanen is $1.45M.

We have players that can replace Niskanen, not Orpik. Yes there is Murray but he's slower and can't move the puck as well as Brooks can.

Old
06-14-2013, 12:01 PM
terex

Quote:
Niskanen will be a UFA after next season. I also don't think the Pens will be trading Orpik anytime soon, out of every player in the organization, he's been here the longest being our 1st round pick in 2000. He played well in the playoffs and is pretty much the leader on D. And the difference in salaries between Orpik and Niskanen is $1.45M.

We have players that can replace Niskanen, not Orpik. Yes there is Murray but he's slower and can't move the puck as well as Brooks can.
My mistake on Nisky being an RFA still. Thanks for correcting me.

Old
06-14-2013, 12:04 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Their cap situation isn't that bad, I mean they do have players to re-sign but at the same time, I've read Kings fans comments' saying it's possible Stoll is moved, if that's true and no salary is retained. That's $15M+ to re-sign Clifford, Lewis, Nolan, Penner, Voynov, Martinez, Ellerby, Muzzin and Scuderi.

Do Kings fans see their team re-signing Ellerby and Penner? Clifford, Lewis, Nolan and Muzzin should be cheap, the only pricey contracts would be Voynov, Scuderi, maybe Martinez.

I think they have more than enough for Iginla, IMO. But I'm not the Kings so I don't know what their plans were, it was just a thought.
As i just posted in the other iggy thread. Unless hes willing to play 3rd line with pp time mins and sign for around 2 million I dont see la as a option. Only way is if one of williams or carter gets traded and i dont see that at all. As for resigning ellerby i do see him resign to be the 7th defenseman. The only reason stoll would get moved is if we needed the room to resign suderi and slava, Slava is the tuff one to call do you sign him short term cheap like subban or to you go the long term josi + route ( i see him getting 5 million on a long term contract. to many players to be adding more expensive options.

KingCanadain1976 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 12:05 PM
domaug*
Flahr Pahr

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedfed View Post
I'd be interested in Glass to replace Hendricks.
ok, how about a 7th 2014? if not, 7th 2015?

domaug* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 12:07 PM
Ogelthorpe
Who do you play for?

Quote:

Agreed

Ogelthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 12:07 PM
Flat Stanley

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
As i just posted in the other iggy thread. Unless hes willing to play 3rd line with pp time mins and sign for around 2 million I dont see la as a option. Only way is if one of williams or carter gets traded and i dont see that at all. As for resigning ellerby i do see him resign to be the 7th defenseman. The only reason stoll would get moved is if we needed the room to resign suderi and slava, Slava is the tuff one to call do you sign him short term cheap like subban or to you go the long term josi + route ( i see him getting 5 million on a long term contract. to many players to be adding more expensive options.
Yeah that makes sense, alright so the Kings aren't an option.

It would be cool for the Pens to keep him, but it depends on his price and where he will be used.

Old
06-14-2013, 12:08 PM
GrindNMuck

Penguins--

Iginla (UFA) rights

LA.

4th round pick (13)
- Prospect, Weal
--------------------
Penguins-

Jussi Jokinen (Over 2 mill. Contract.)

6th round pick (13)

4th round pick (14)

Phoenix-

3rd Round pick (13)
Prospect. Lucas Lessio

Re-Sign Cooke, Dupuis

Sign** Penner, Clowe, (If there willing to go a bit cheap), Bickell (If Chicago doesnt re-sign), Stalberg

GrindNMuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 12:12 PM
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrindNMuck View Post
Penguins-

Jussi Jokinen (Over 2 mill. Contract.)

6th round pick (13)

4th round pick (14)

Phoenix-

3rd Round pick (13)
Prospect. Lucas Lessio
Counter:

To Pittsburgh:

PHX 2013 3rd
Jordan Martinook

To Phoenix:

Jussi Jokinen
Dustin Jeffrey

Old
06-14-2013, 12:17 PM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Bitter Buffalo

I'd certainly be open to trading Orpik. He was far better in the playoffs than the regular season...but the wheels will fall off fully eventually and I just can't trust guys to keep turning things on in the playoffs after coasting through the regular season. Orpik is one of the few physical guys in the league who is a good skater, once he loses a few steps his value goes from physical shut down #2/3 defender to vocal #6 lockerroom guy.

That said, Niskanen has almost no chance of opening the season in Pittsburgh. He's a UFA after next season and he'd be due for a raise that would make no sense for the Penguins to give him. He's redundant as it is in the line-up right now and he'd return a decent asset. Niskanen is an easy way to recapture one of those lost draft picks.

Big McLargehuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 12:32 PM
DrDangles

Jokinen shouldn't be moved, he is our most versatile forward that can slot in anywhere. He can put up points, play solid defense, and win faceoffs. His 2.1M isn't going to break us next season.

Also, the idea of retaining Murray makes me want to puke. He just doesn't fit in on our blueline, he's constantly skating through mud. Niskanen is our only expendable defenseman IMO.

DrDangles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 02:07 PM
Detective 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big McLargehuge View Post
That said, Niskanen has almost no chance of opening the season in Pittsburgh. He's a UFA after next season and he'd be due for a raise that would make no sense for the Penguins to give him. He's redundant as it is in the line-up right now and he'd return a decent asset. Niskanen is an easy way to recapture one of those lost draft picks.
This. I think the thing to keep in mind is that even if Letang is traded, it wouldn't be without a top 4 d-man coming back. That means Niskanen would be on the Pens bottom pairing and taking up 2.3 million. With the cap dropping, all the D prospects the Pens have, and Letang, Dupuis, and others needing new contracts, I just don't see how you can keep Niskanen. Like you said, he's definitely one of those players you could trade for a solid draft pick.

Detective 45 is offline   Reply With Quote