HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

RFA David Rundblad

Closed Thread

Old
06-28-2013, 01:51 PM
Chootoi

vCash: 500
I wonder if Calgary would be interested in Rundblad for Reinhart straight up? He seems like a coach-Tip kind of player and would get us some much needed depth at C. Flames also have Jankowski and Granlund in the pipeline at center, and could walk away with Monahan or Lindholm at the draft so there might be something there.

If Calgary were to offer sheet Rundblad, it would probably be in the money range that gets us a 2nd round pick if the Coyotes choose not to match. I'd be ok with that. A 2nd is probably what I'd be shopping him for in a "for picks" trade.

Old
06-28-2013, 02:10 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chootoi View Post
I wonder if Calgary would be interested in Rundblad for Reinhart straight up? He seems like a coach-Tip kind of player and would get us some much needed depth at C. Flames also have Jankowski and Granlund in the pipeline at center, and could walk away with Monahan or Lindholm at the draft so there might be something there.

If Calgary were to offer sheet Rundblad, it would probably be in the money range that gets us a 2nd round pick if the Coyotes choose not to match. I'd be ok with that. A 2nd is probably what I'd be shopping him for in a "for picks" trade.
Yikes. No thanks to all of the above. Just sign the kid. He's a good one.

06-28-2013, 02:10 PM
_Del_

I would rather watch him sink or swim in Phoenix than trade him for a second round pick.

Old
06-28-2013, 02:16 PM
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Del_ View Post
I would rather watch him sink or swim in Phoenix than trade him for a second round pick.
Exactly this. Hopefully Tippett realizes it's now or never, and gives Rundblad significant time next season.

Old
06-28-2013, 02:27 PM
Chootoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPreferPi View Post
Exactly this. Hopefully Tippett realizes it's now or never, and gives Rundblad significant time next season.
That's the thing. They have to play him. Give him some time in the top 4 and give him some significant PP time. He's of no use to Phoenix as a 7th defenseman. Either play him or take the 2nd and put it towards an asset you're going to use.

Old
06-28-2013, 02:33 PM
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse

Quote:
That's the thing. They have to play him. Give him some time in the top 4 and give him some significant PP time. He's of no use to Phoenix as a 7th defenseman. Either play him or take the 2nd and put it towards an asset you're going to use.
He'll get significant PP time. But he's not an ideal partner for Yandle and I'm sure that Tippett will absolutely not put him with OEL on the first pairing.

Old
06-28-2013, 02:40 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
When do we not end up using 7 D on a regular basis throughout the season? He'll get some starts, he'll get sheltered 5on5 and he'll get monster PP if he shows he can handle it. The same thing I suspect Chris Brown will enjoy. Healthy scratch in favor of Bissonnette half the time, sheltered 5on5 minutes, and a hefty amount of time parked in front of the net on the PP. These two kids can help us with the man advantage, but they're going to have to be willing to earn it the Tippett way; slowly.

Old
06-28-2013, 03:03 PM
PhoPhan

Quote:
He'll get significant PP time. But he's not an ideal partner for Yandle and I'm sure that Tippett will absolutely not put him with OEL on the first pairing.
He got plenty of first pairing time with OEL last year.

Old
06-28-2013, 03:10 PM
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoPhan View Post
He got plenty of first pairing time with OEL last year.
In Portland maybe. Don't remember any games where I saw him with OEL at even-strength. Rundblad's two games where he took more than 20 shifts were the season opener against Dallas and then the Valentine's Day game in Nashville. Maybe my memory is foggy, but I don't remember him on the first pairing in those 2 games either.

Old
06-28-2013, 03:20 PM
PhoPhan

Quote:
In Portland maybe. Don't remember any games where I saw him with OEL at even-strength. Rundblad's two games where he took more than 20 shifts were the season opener against Dallas and then the Valentine's Day game in Nashville. Maybe my memory is foggy, but I don't remember him on the first pairing in those 2 games either.
My mistake. Thought you meant just on the powerplay. At even strength, Rundblad lined up most often with Summers (29%), Schlemko (23%) and Klesla (22%).

I mentioned this in another thread, but Rundblad's ATOI splits last year were 9:42 ES/3:43 PP/0:18 SH. Hard to give him more PP time (especially if he doesn't produce), and I don't think makes much sense on the penalty kill, so even strength is the only place to increase his minutes, and it's hard to get more sheltered than the 74% offensive zone start percentage he had last year, so it's basically up to him to earn more minutes.

Old
06-28-2013, 03:31 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
My mistake. Thought you meant just on the powerplay. At even strength, Rundblad lined up most often with Summers (29%), Schlemko (23%) and Klesla (22%).

I mentioned this in another thread, but Rundblad's ATOI splits last year were 9:42 ES/3:43 PP/0:18 SH. Hard to give him more PP time (especially if he doesn't produce), and I don't think makes much sense on the penalty kill, so even strength is the only place to increase his minutes, and it's hard to get more sheltered than the 74% offensive zone start percentage he had last year, so it's basically up to him to earn more minutes.
Dude! That site where you got those percentages...WHAT IS IT!?!?!?

I found it once and have been looking for it ever since.

Old
06-28-2013, 03:34 PM
PhoPhan

http://www.behindthenet.ca/nhl_time_...24+25+26+27+28

Old
06-28-2013, 05:12 PM
hbk

Quote:
Morris and Klesla UFA's at seasons end. The plan is in place to phase him and Gormely in.

Old
06-29-2013, 07:01 AM
DesertDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk View Post
Morris and Klesla UFA's at seasons end. The plan is in place to phase him and Gormley in.
I thought the plan was to make the playoffs? And the immediate plan is to make a full roster of players that fit the style of play that Coach Tippet implements with what seemingly is the lowest budget in the NHL and still leave money on the table in case GMDM needs to tweak the line-up during the season and the deadline. It could mean that Maloney trades Runblad to get the missing pieces...

Old
06-29-2013, 07:46 AM
hbk

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDawg View Post
I thought the plan was to make the playoffs? And the immediate plan is to make a full roster of players that fit the style of play that Coach Tippet implements with what seemingly is the lowest budget in the NHL and still leave money on the table in case GMDM needs to tweak the line-up during the season and the deadline. It could mean that Maloney trades Runblad to get the missing pieces...
I've long maintained that it would be in our best interests to not ice a lineup which includes both Rundblad and Yandle.

In theory though I don't disagree that Rundblad could bring back a key piece. My only hesitation though becomes how do we replace Yandle's skill set down the road as I don't believe we can offer him a Letang style contract.

I believe we can more easily replace a Morris and Klesla. Both are UFAs at seasons end and will be in very high demand at the trade deadline. Roster space is coming up and Rundblad is in a very good position to take the next step.

Old
07-09-2013, 11:34 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Any news?

Old
07-09-2013, 12:19 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
Any news?
No. Further, is name is suspiciously absent from Maloney's mouth when discussing the upcoming season and the off season thus far. He's had no problem commenting on the Boedker situation being a work in progress, and no problem raving about the Stone contract or saying he's glad Summers is back and he expects him to compete for a spot, etc. NOTHING about Rundblad. Hasn't mentioned him at all.

Old
07-09-2013, 12:52 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
No. Further, is name is suspiciously absent from Maloney's mouth when discussing the upcoming season and the off season thus far. He's had no problem commenting on the Boedker situation being a work in progress, and no problem raving about the Stone contract or saying he's glad Summers is back and he expects him to compete for a spot, etc. NOTHING about Rundblad. Hasn't mentioned him at all.
Thx.

Alexei Zhamnov, GM of Atlant Mytischi (KHL), said that club is in talks with Rundblad and except Rundblad´s answer (to sign or not) around 10th July. Zhamnov said these words in middle of June when it was not clear if Rundblad resigns with Coyotes. KHL camps starts next week, so I think we will know if he signs with Atlant/KHL soon.

Atlant, which drafted Rundblad and holds his KHL rights, released swedish D Frögren last week to make space for foreigners (you know, russian clubs can sign 5 foreigners). That means that Atlant has 2 spots for foreigners and is going to sign someone. I would say that one of them is going to be D and second is C.

Old
07-09-2013, 01:19 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Thx.

Alexei Zhamnov, GM of Atlant Mytischi (KHL), said that club is in talks with Rundblad and except Rundblad´s answer (to sign or not) around 10th July. Zhamnov said these words in middle of June when it was not clear if Rundblad resigns with Coyotes. KHL camps starts next week, so I think we will know if he signs with Atlant/KHL soon.

Atlant, which drafted Rundblad and holds his KHL rights, released swedish D Frögren last week to make space for foreigners (you know, russian clubs can sign 5 foreigners). That means that Atlant has 2 spots for foreigners and is going to sign someone. I would say that one of them is going to be D and second is C.
Any word on the length of the proposed contract?

Old
07-09-2013, 01:28 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Any word on the length of the proposed contract?
No, I have no info. One or two years, not more.

Old
07-09-2013, 01:38 PM
Jakey53

Quote:
Thx.

If GMDM has reason to believe that Rundblad is going to sign in the KHL, I think he will be traded prior to him signing, or he gets a one way deal here if GMDM thinks he can handle it. I personally feel he is not ready.

Old
07-09-2013, 02:04 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey53 View Post
If GMDM has reason to believe that Rundblad is going to sign in the KHL, I think he will be traded prior to him signing, or he gets a one way deal here if GMDM thinks he can handle it. I personally feel he is not ready.
I'm not sure anybody would be willing to trade much for him if he's about to sign a two year contract in the KHL. We may need to do a Turris style sign and trade.

Old
07-09-2013, 02:09 PM
PhoPhan

Quote:
I'm not sure anybody would be willing to trade much for him if he's about to sign a two year contract in the KHL. We may need to do a Turris style sign and trade.
Not necessarily. I know a few folks who would gladly give up a high first round pick for a disgruntled, KHL-bound player.

Old
07-09-2013, 02:30 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Not necessarily. I know a few folks who would gladly give up a high first round pick for a disgruntled, KHL-bound player.
If the budget was 50-51m and I was able to work out a team friendly extension beforehand, I'd still make that trade.

I was unaware we'd have an extra five million bucks to throw at Mike Ribeiro.

Old
07-09-2013, 02:55 PM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

I wish we would give him a shot. Dude has tremendous upside.

Closed Thread