HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

RFA D David Rundblad May sign in KHL

Old
06-14-2013, 10:07 AM
John Holmes*
Spuds MacLean™

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic View Post
Call me crazy, but I still think he can be a really good offensive defenceman in the NHL.

He will most likely always make stupid decisions, both offensively and defensively. He will always be a risk-taking player. Not all good given the fact that he's....a defenceman.
Well as we all know...

**** happens.

John Holmes* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 10:22 AM
IranCondraAffair

He's behind in development to Wiercicoh and I doubt we could get a second round pick for Wiercioch.

Why some people are willing to give up our first for Rundblad is beyond me.

IranCondraAffair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 10:24 AM
swiftwin
#lalala

Hell no, do not want.

I still can't believe how much he's overrated here.

swiftwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 10:28 AM
Do Make Say Think
& Yet & Yet

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by IranCondraAffair View Post
He's behind in development to Wiercicoh and I doubt we could get a second round pick for Wiercioch.

He was HF's top prospect for a bit

Most posters don't have a good grasp of managing assets

They reckon that trading the 1st for someone we didn't want is good management because of the perceived value of what we gave up and what we got in return

They fail to see that Rundblad was traded for a reason: we needed a guy like Turris but teams do not trade players they are high on for another prospect (Turris was basically a prospect when we got him)

Using something that could turn into something real good to get back a player we did not want is a terrible idea

Do Make Say Think is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 11:00 AM
IranCondraAffair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Guy View Post
He was HF's top prospect for a bit

Most posters don't have a good grasp of managing assets

They reckon that trading the 1st for someone we didn't want is good management because of the perceived value of what we gave up and what we got in return

They fail to see that Rundblad was traded for a reason: we needed a guy like Turris but teams do not trade players they are high on for another prospect (Turris was basically a prospect when we got him)

Using something that could turn into something real good to get back a player we did not want is a terrible idea
Exactly. I have no problem with trading for a guy LIKE Rundblad, we do need another right shooting NHL defenseman. It doesn't NEED to be Rundblad though. We need a younger guy who can fill in Gonchar's minutes. The more experience that player has the better. Rundblad is not the best solution for us, someone with some proven NHL time would be better

Who cares how good Rundblad USED to be in the SEL. Cheechoo USED to be amazing, that doesn't mean he's going to solve our winger problem NOW. Nostalgia is getting in the way of common sense.

Right now, Rundblad is a 22 yr old prospect that can't crack the Coyote's roster. That's not a slight. The Coyotes have a really good and deep defense. He has very little NHL time and the NHL time he's had is bad. He's supposed to be an NHL dynamo for offense, but he's still pretty terrible on defense.

For such an offensive Dynamo he's got 2 more points in 5 more games than Eric "no offense" Gryba.. At least Gryba is an amazing defensive player. People are willing to give up a mid-round 1st and our best winger prospect for Rundblad, meanwhile those fans fans wouldn't give up a late rounder for a guy like Gryba.

Why? Their draft position? Their prospect ranking? Their talent? What some scout said 6 years ago? Such complete ********.

IranCondraAffair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 11:20 AM
Wondercarrot
Stone, Mr.

Quote:

you dont think we could get a 2nd round pick for Wiercioch?
i certainly wouldnt give him for anything close to that.

you're talking about:
1) a guy who is an actual NHL player (which most 2nd round picks do not turn out to be)
2) a 6'4" puck moving defenceman who finished 2nd in rookie scoring for Dmen and 12th among all skaters at a 40pt pace.

to imagine trading this guy for a 2nd round pick is preposterous.

Wondercarrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 11:23 AM
Wondercarrot
Stone, Mr.

Quote:
Exactly. I have no problem with trading for a guy LIKE Rundblad, we do need another right shooting NHL defenseman. It doesn't NEED to be Rundblad though. We need a younger guy who can fill in Gonchar's minutes. The more experience that player has the better. Rundblad is not the best solution for us, someone with some proven NHL time would be better

Who cares how good Rundblad USED to be in the SEL. Cheechoo USED to be amazing, that doesn't mean he's going to solve our winger problem NOW. Nostalgia is getting in the way of common sense.

Right now, Rundblad is a 22 yr old prospect that can't crack the Coyote's roster. That's not a slight. The Coyotes have a really good and deep defense. He has very little NHL time and the NHL time he's had is bad. He's supposed to be an NHL dynamo for offense, but he's still pretty terrible on defense.

For such an offensive Dynamo he's got 2 more points in 5 more games than Eric "no offense" Gryba.. At least Gryba is an amazing defensive player. People are willing to give up a mid-round 1st and our best winger prospect for Rundblad, meanwhile those fans fans wouldn't give up a late rounder for a guy like Gryba.

Why? Their draft position? Their prospect ranking? Their talent? What some scout said 6 years ago? Such complete ********.
Come on. i mean really.

Wondercarrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 11:25 AM
Curtinho
YNWA

Rundblad and Gryba have completely different ceilings and are in completely different situations. That is always part of it. Stone is, in my opinion, an expendable asset as I just don't think he has the skating to make a big impact at the NHL level. Time will tell I guess.

With that said I wouldn't move our 17th for Rundblad at this point. It's clear that his value has taken something of a hit, but he's developing nicely. For example our 'best winger prospect' as you put it had 1 less point in 4 more games in the AHL this year. He's actually working on his defence (Phoenix is nice for that). Sometimes players are long-term projects and because of his style Rundblad is one of those players.

In terms of wanting or not wanting Rundblad...sometimes you have to give up a player you really like in order to get a good player of a similar caliber or better. We needed Turris and at the time Rundblad was our biggest asset. That doesn't mean this team wouldn't like to have him back.

Curtinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 11:41 AM
SilverRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyBilly1990 View Post
He could be had for less Phoenix have great depth a D. Da Costa + Prince + 4th
That's what everyone was saying for Kyle Turris. he could be had for less,but nope it was Rundblad and 2nd rounder.

SilverRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 11:42 AM
SilverRed

Prince and 5th for Rundblad

SilverRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 11:49 AM
Icelevel
Relentless

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverRed View Post
Prince and 5th for Rundblad
don't underestimate prince. he's not going anywhere.

Icelevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 12:32 PM
Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

Do someone say Gryba was amazing defensively?

Now THAT is quite funny.

Manked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 12:43 PM
WillyBilly1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverRed View Post
That's what everyone was saying for Kyle Turris. he could be had for less,but nope it was Rundblad and 2nd rounder.
Look at who won the trade tho i rather have Turris than Rundblad and Stolarz

WillyBilly1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 12:44 PM
WillyBilly1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classless Manked View Post
Do someone say Gryba was amazing defensively?

Now THAT is quite funny.
I think he meant compared to Rundblad

WillyBilly1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 12:56 PM
BK201

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelevel View Post
don't underestimate prince. he's not going anywhere.
Nice call Icelevel, I'm a big fan of prince too. I remember he was pretty fast in his preseason game in 2011/12 season

BK201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 01:07 PM
Do Make Say Think
& Yet & Yet

Prince has all the tools to be a good NHL player (maybe not size-wise but he's far from too small)

Saw him the few times I went to see 67's games and he never failed to impress

Do Make Say Think is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 03:01 PM
mcnorth

Some of you guys are funny. You think if Rundblad was in the organization we'd have seen Wiercioch last season? I think there's a good chance we would not have. Rundblad was always ahead of Wier and Gryba when he was here, and we did not trade him b/c we thought he wasn't going to be good - we traded b/c we needed Turris more. Give to get. Moving a prospect or pick (however, a first is too high now that Rundblad is older and some of the shine is off b/c we actually know more about the guy than we do the guys in the draft who are overvalued b/c of lack of info) for Rundblad would be a fine move. We do not need to get someone else LIKE Rundblad just b/c we've already had Rundblad. Whatever, I don't agree with that line of thinking at all.

mcnorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 03:05 PM
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie

We found our 3D this year in Methot, IMO. A guy like Rundblad would be nice to have, but he's not essential. We need a stop gap top-4 guy who can cover for and push Ceci for a few years.

06-14-2013, 04:26 PM
bert

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyBilly1990 View Post
He isn't worth a 1st round pick anymore
Thank you especially not in this draft.

He can clearly be had for less then that.

bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 04:35 PM
Tundraman
GoneCountry

So many guys are playing the KHL card it's getting old. Even Gonchar likely improved his contract because of it but at least he was a UFA and Russian at that. For an RFA especially a non Russian I'd tell him you want to play that game go right ahead you'll come crawling back for less money soon enough.

Tundraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 05:09 PM
Shanny
Let's Win It All

I'm all for bringing Rundblad back, just not at a cost of a 1st round pick.

Shanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 05:24 PM
Caseus
squirrelly wrath

I don't want anything to do with Rundblad. The Sens would never have given up on him for someone with as many question marks as Turris if they thought he was going to be any good.

Caseus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 05:49 PM
Sens Mile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caseus View Post
I don't want anything to do with Rundblad. The Sens would never have given up on him for someone with as many question marks as Turris if they thought he was going to be any good.
The Sens wanted talent, we went for a risk and it worked.

I would love to see Rundblad back with the organization. Someone who still can play in the NHL and would fit well with our organization.

Sens Mile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 06:13 PM
Fenix Rises 2026
Alfie forever!

I still think Runt will eventually be a top 2 defenceman in this league.

Fenix Rises 2026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 06:21 PM
Fenix Rises 2026
Alfie forever!

Rundblad's 39 in 50 AHL season easily makes him one of the highest scoring defenceman in the league.

He was worth a mid-first
Caught fire in Sweden
Spent one year adjusting in NA
Back to lighting it up again.

Easily still worth a first, I'd say, and still way too early to say we won this trade.

Fenix Rises 2026 is offline   Reply With Quote