HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

One of 1-2-3-4-5 pick for DET?

Old
06-13-2013, 03:19 PM
echlfreak

vCash: 500
One of 1-2-3-4-5 pick for DET?

Detroit has a great farm team in GR. They are one win away from being the Calder Cup champs. They have a promising future, but nearing if not are at a changing of the guard phase.

What would it take to get "one" of the following...not all 5:

1st Overall=COL gets...

2nd Overall=FLA gets...

3rd Overall=TB gets...

4th Overall=NASH gets...

5th Overall=CAR gets...

echlfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 03:22 PM
DrDangles

Detroit doesn't have the pieces to get a top 5 pick.

DrDangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 03:24 PM
boredmale

Not sure if Detroit wants to trade Zetterberg or Datsyuk(who given the fact he is a UFA in 2014 is out of the running)

Kronwall might draw some interest

boredmale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 03:26 PM
tucker3434

Quote:
Originally Posted by echlfreak View Post
Detroit has a great farm team in GR. They are one win away from being the Calder Cup champs. They have a promising future, but nearing if not are at a changing of the guard phase.

What would it take to get "one" of the following...not all 5:

1st Overall=COL gets...

2nd Overall=FLA gets...

3rd Overall=TB gets...

4th Overall=NASH gets...

5th Overall=CAR gets...
You don't want to know. It just isn't realistic. It would gut the farm system.

tucker3434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 03:29 PM
echlfreak

I would like to see DET acquire the 3rd overall pick from TB

DET gets 3rd overall and drafts Nichushkin as well Brewer for TB to shed cap space

TB gets 18th overall, rights to Filppula, Frk and Kindl

Old
06-13-2013, 03:35 PM
HooliganX2

Detroit simply does not have the pieces to make a deal work for the teams with those picks.

HooliganX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 03:35 PM
The Zetterberg Era
RIP Octopi

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker3434 View Post
You don't want to know. It just isn't realistic. It would gut the farm system.
Really cannot realistically do it, and like you said if they did Wings fans would be upset anyway.

The Wings should stick with their plan, they have been valuing these kids to the scorn of many around here calling the whole pipeline overrated. They now appear to be coming along just as Wings brass predicted and fans hoped for. They broke in six NHL rookies to the post-season and took the President Trophy winners to a 7th game overtime with many playing important roles. The Griffins are one win away from an AHL championship.

The guys coming into Grand Rapids next year:

Frk - was part of the team that won the memorial cup
Jarnkrok - just played in his second WC and won a title in the Elitserien (Top prosepect in the system in my opinion)
Jensen - first team all-american, D-man of the year in WCHA
Marchenko - parts of four years of pro with CSKA
Pulkkinen - challenged Teemu Selanne's 18 year old age scoring records in the Sm-Liiga although he has been less impressive since
Tvrdon - won the WHL rookie scoring race two years ago, injury problems but a 6'2" 220 lbs kid with a lot of tools
Sproul - CHL D-man of the year
Ouellet - Canadian WJC member, many feel the best D-man in the Q two seasons running
Nedomlel - Big mean stay at home type, least impressive of the new haul

Stick with your plan Kenny it is working and it is impressive to watch.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 03:36 PM
Ceremony
Flashbulb Eyes

vCash: 50
1st overall is unavailable for anything Detroit would offer.

06-13-2013, 03:40 PM
The Zetterberg Era
RIP Octopi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceremony View Post
1st overall is unavailable for anything Detroit would offer.
Yeah Colorado wouldn't even directly trade Quincey to the Wings. They appear to still harbor the ill will towards the Wings franchise even if the Wings no longer really care all that much about the Avs. They don't have the pieces for it really anyway, but I don't think Colorado even likes taking Detroit's calls at least that is how it appears.

Old
06-13-2013, 03:46 PM
PAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era View Post
Yeah Colorado wouldn't even directly trade Quincey to the Wings. They appear to still harbor the ill will towards the Wings franchise even if the Wings no longer really care all that much about the Avs. They don't have the pieces for it really anyway, but I don't think Colorado even likes taking Detroit's calls at least that is how it appears.
That was with PL + Co. That era has basically been cleared out, but I also think Colorado wanted a roster player back.

PAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 03:49 PM
The Zetterberg Era
RIP Octopi

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAZ View Post
That was with PL + Co. That era has basically been cleared out, but I also think Colorado wanted a roster player back.
Honestly figured that was city pressure. Have seen a lot of Avs fans that still have a deep hatred for Detroit. Will be curious to see how Roy and Sakic approach that, especially with them out of conference. The Wings should be very interested if the Avs do draft Jones and one of the right-handed D-man becomes available.

I would have preferred the 19th pick over Downey if I was you guys. His loss was big this year though, I think a lot of people forget that when looking at how much the Avs struggle, he really had an impact on that lineup. Still think they could have gotten a significant player at 19.

Old
06-13-2013, 03:52 PM
echlfreak

DET gets 3rd overall and drafts Nichushkin as well Brewer for TB to shed cap space

Old
06-13-2013, 03:56 PM
wingsfan33

we got great prospects with great potential why f that up if anything id try maybe to trade down and get 3-4 2nd round picks if possible and just draft all big power forwards and hope 2-3 of them become great (bailey,fasching,sanford,hayden etc)

wingsfan33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 03:56 PM
PAZ

Quote:
Honestly figured that was city pressure. Have seen a lot of Avs fans that still have a deep hatred for Detroit. Will be curious to see how Roy and Sakic approach that, especially with them out of conference. The Wings should be very interested if the Avs do draft Jones and one of the right-handed D-man becomes available.

I would have preferred the 19th pick over Downey if I was you guys. His loss was big this year though, I think a lot of people forget that when looking at how much the Avs struggle, he really had an impact on that lineup. Still think they could have gotten a significant player at 19.
I wouldn't, the 19th pick is too much of a gamble, Downie is a perfect fit for our team. If he wasn't as injury prone I honestly think he'd be considered part of the core.

PAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 03:58 PM
The Zetterberg Era
RIP Octopi

Quote:

Not enough going to Tampa there. Top 3 picks are decade plus assets almost assured of being very productive pros. Wish the NHL had some kind of score chart showing the teams value on these spots, I am sure the teams do but cannot remember seeing them as publicly as you do in the other major North American sports.

Old
06-13-2013, 04:04 PM
tucker3434

Quote:

I'll never like the wings. I'll probably always cheer for whoever they're playing against, but as far as trades go, I don't think it would matter. I just don't really see us as good trade partners for anything more than a rental deal. Maybe swap some prospects, but nothing that would merit anymore national response than a one sentence crawl on the bottom of nhl network.

tucker3434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 04:08 PM
Freudian
Clearly deranged

I like Detroits prospects, but I have a hard time seeing any package of them getting to the top three.

There's just so much uncertainty about upside and developmental risk involved with the type of prospects Detroit likes to draft. Great if they pan out, bad if they don't. I can't see teams switching from very low risk in a top three pick to very high risk in a Detroit package.

Frk, Sproul, Oullet, Järnkrok, Sheahan etc have intriguing upside but that's what it is at this point.

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 04:12 PM
DontCallPlayersStuds
It's weird and gross

Nashville is going to draft a player that most scouts agree has franchise potential (whichever is left of Barkov or Drouin) at 4.

Unless there's a franchise player coming back, trading the pick doesn't really make sense.

We have a lot of "good" forwards throughout our system. Aside from Wilson and potentially Forsberg, we don't have any "great" forwards...and definitely don't have someone as potentially elite as who we'll draft.

DontCallPlayersStuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 04:16 PM
Number1RedWingsFan52

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmale View Post
Not sure if Detroit wants to trade Zetterberg or Datsyuk(who given the fact he is a UFA in 2014 is out of the running)

Kronwall might draw some interest
And Kronwall has a full NTC for the next 3 years also and cant be moved without his permission so he's not going anywhere.

Number1RedWingsFan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 04:19 PM
DontCallPlayersStuds
It's weird and gross

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number1RedWingsFan52 View Post
And Kronwall has a full NTC for the next 3 years also and cant be moved without his permission so he's not going anywhere.
I get what you're saying, but at the same time...I can't really think of an example where a team actively wanted a player gone\wanted to trade him and the player insisted on staying. Iginla in Calgary might be the only example that comes close. NTCs are more for giving the player leverage to control the terms of the trade\where he winds up.

DontCallPlayersStuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 04:20 PM
Number1RedWingsFan52

Quote:

Seriously doubt that the rights to Filppula would work since he wants between $5 million and $5.5million and Tampa wont have the cap space for it, To bad that we could'nt work out a deal and send Yzerman Franzen that might be more realistic.

Old
06-13-2013, 04:22 PM
Number1RedWingsFan52

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurGocIsAnAwesomeGoc View Post
I get what you're saying, but at the same time...I can't really think of an example where a team actively wanted a player gone\wanted to trade him and the player insisted on staying. Iginla in Calgary might be the only example that comes close. NTCs are more for giving the player leverage to control the terms of the trade\where he winds up.
Exactly.

Old
06-13-2013, 04:22 PM
CB Joe

vCash: 544
I don't think Detroit has a main piece that is young and talented enough to build an offer around for 1st overall.

CB Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 04:25 PM
IWantSakicAsMyGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker3434 View Post
I'll never like the wings. I'll probably always cheer for whoever they're playing against, but as far as trades go, I don't think it would matter. I just don't really see us as good trade partners for anything more than a rental deal. Maybe swap some prospects, but nothing that would merit anymore national response than a one sentence crawl on the bottom of nhl network.
Every time I think about the possibility of an Avs-Red Wings trade, I can't help but imagining Roy getting upset and fighting Holland in the middle of a conference room.

IWantSakicAsMyGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 04:26 PM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Quote:

Well you obviously don't know much about Downie....

Pierce Hawthorne is offline   Reply With Quote