HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Now with more Wang jokes.

Closed Thread

Old
06-22-2013, 07:46 PM
King Mapes
Global Moderator
HF's King

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMLeafer View Post
Wow, that's some sad sad stuff from the O's board. It's like none of them watched yesterday's game or are completely delusional.

We might need to acquire Jon Rauch for a day!
Link?

Old
06-22-2013, 07:55 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

http://www.bluejayshipsters.com/2013...-we-worry.html

Today on the blog, we took a look at whether or not fans should be worried about Brett Lawrie's sub-par performance at the plate.

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."
Sometimes I use Twitter: @Nemesis_HF
Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.
Old
06-22-2013, 08:04 PM
Nasty Nazem
Come at me Crow!

Jose Reyes: 1-4 and stole a base
Pillar: 1-3, walk, K
Gose was actually in the line-up today. 0-3, K

Sean Nolin had a great start. 7IP, 4 hits, 1 ER, 0 walks, 7K's. He gave up a HR in the first inning but pretty dominant after.

Osuna is having a bad start though. 3IP, 3 hits, 4ER, 2 walks, 3K's, 1 HR. Struggling with his command tonight.

Tom Robson made his debut of the season tonight. 4IP, 1 hit, 0 runs, 2 walks, 1K. More strikeouts next time please.

Old
06-22-2013, 08:13 PM
jcollins
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty Nazem View Post
Drabek goes 2.1 IP, 5 hits, 2 ER, 0 walks, 2K's, 1HR

Obviously don't read too much on his rehab starts.
Obviously you don't like seeing him get hit that much, but no walks from him is a nice sign

Old
06-22-2013, 08:18 PM
MapleLeafsFan4Ever
Go Leafs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMLeafer View Post
Wow, that's some sad sad stuff from the O's board. It's like none of them watched yesterday's game or are completely delusional.
I read one page of on their message board about Baustia and I said to myself ok these people don't know what they are talking about. So decided not to waste anymore time and I clicked off it.

Old
06-22-2013, 08:34 PM
Felstead
Boss Status

To everyone: get over to mlb.com and vote Bautista and Edwin in the ASG! Gettin down to the wire now and would love to get him in there over markakis haha.

Do it up!

Old
06-22-2013, 08:46 PM
Woodman19
#TeamBernier

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcollins View Post
Obviously you don't like seeing him get hit that much, but no walks from him is a nice sign
I am thrilled seeing him pitch, the results are no concern for me until he gets 50-100IP under his belt.

Old
06-22-2013, 09:02 PM
Nasty Nazem
Come at me Crow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcollins View Post
Guessing he basically threw all fastballs with some change-ups mixed in... I mean you don't really want to be throwing a curveball or cutter in your first rehab start and cause too much stress on your arm.

Wouldn't worry about the results yet but when his rehab stint is over and he is pitching in NH or Buffalo, then yeah, the results become meaningful.

Old
06-22-2013, 09:09 PM
topched

Any word yet on whether we're facing Garcia or Britton tomorrow?

Either way, should be a good matchup for us with JJ on the bump...

Old
06-22-2013, 09:12 PM
Woodman19
#TeamBernier

Quote:
Originally Posted by topched View Post

All I know is, if the Orioles want to play the rough stuff by going after heads, not a bad choice to have a 6'7" man on the mound who can hit 96-97mph.

Old
06-22-2013, 09:19 PM
p.l.f.
mvp

Remarkable.
Jose !

Old
06-22-2013, 09:24 PM
DennisReynolds
the implication

Quote:
Originally Posted by topched View Post

Garcia

Old
06-22-2013, 09:42 PM
TootooTrain
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felstead View Post
To everyone: get over to mlb.com and vote Bautista and Edwin in the ASG! Gettin down to the wire now and would love to get him in there over markakis haha.

Do it up!
I usually don't care about voting, but EE is truly deserving. Did it just for him.

Old
06-22-2013, 09:52 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

how has josh johnson been guys? I've been scoreboard and sportsnet reviewing game after game or sometimes in a game but not full. So I don't know but curious. Also has Rasmus improved any with us or still stagnant?

06-22-2013, 10:01 PM
TootooTrain
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
how has josh johnson been guys? I've been scoreboard and sportsnet reviewing game after game or sometimes in a game but not full. So I don't know but curious. Also has Rasmus improved any with us or still stagnant?
Limited sample size somewhat with JJ. He's mixed in some rough starts with superior dominant ones. If he stays healthy, I can see the latter being the more common occurence.

Colby is still Colby, but he's managed to avoid the peaks and valleys and has been a bit more consistent. And as always, his defense is superb. He's been pretty good so far. 15th in WAR for outfielders.

Old
06-22-2013, 10:14 PM
Dark Knight
#PlayoffPush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
I still like Rasmus and love his D even though he's inconsistent offensively. He's not a top flight CF but he's valuable because his D is first-rate. He still has that potential to break out one year. We should hang on to him as Gose is struggling and has some character issues that are creeping up.

06-22-2013, 10:17 PM
FearTheFlyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post

Today on the blog, we took a look at whether or not fans should be worried about Brett Lawrie's sub-par performance at the plate.
There are serious mechanical problems with Lawrie's swing imo, mainly how noisy he is at the plate; way too many moving parts.

Needs to do serious work on quieting down any excess movement.

Old
06-22-2013, 10:17 PM
Kb21

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post

his swing is kind of similar to gose's swing, plus he plays a position where you need the guy to produce with power and not just singles.

Old
06-22-2013, 10:27 PM
Suntouchable13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
I still like Rasmus and love his D even though he's inconsistent offensively. He's not a top flight CF but he's valuable because his D is first-rate. He still has that potential to break out one year. We should hang on to him as Gose is struggling and has some character issues that are creeping up.
How many CFs have better production than him?

Also, what's the gut feeling around here? Will Reyes be up with the club tomorrow and in the lineup?

Old
06-22-2013, 10:36 PM
Drmckool
Truculence!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFS FAN 4 EVER View Post
I read one page of on their message board about Baustia and I said to myself ok these people don't know what they are talking about. So decided not to waste anymore time and I clicked off it.
You missed out. They have another thread called "the Bluejays" where they are talking about how awful the Jays, Toronto, and the RC are. I could point out everything wrong there, but I'm starting to think Orioles fans are worse than Red Sox fans after reading those boards.

Old
06-22-2013, 10:41 PM
TootooTrain
-

Quote:
Would you have said anything about his character before that one botched play the other night? Exactly. That incident, while significant that night, is getting blown way out of proportion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntouchable13 View Post
Also, what's the gut feeling around here? Will Reyes be up with the club tomorrow and in the lineup?
Stranger things have happened, but I sincerely doubt it. Monday/Tuesday more likely.

Old
06-22-2013, 10:46 PM
Dark Knight
#PlayoffPush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlong View Post
Would you have said anything about his character before that one botched play the other night? Exactly. That incident, while significant that night, is getting blown way out of proportion.

Stranger things have happened, but I sincerely doubt it. Monday/Tuesday more likely.
It was actually a Marty Brown interview that caught me by surprise. He did mention his attitude specifically that needs to improve in order to make it to the big leagues and he was explicit in his reasoning that his focus and attitude hasn't been up to par.

Old
06-22-2013, 10:49 PM
Suntouchable13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlong View Post

If he is ready, then what's the point of one or two more rehab games? On the flip side, there is no point in rushing him up here since the team is winning. If they were struggling, no doubt he would be up here tomorrow.

Old
06-22-2013, 10:54 PM
TootooTrain
-

Quote:
It was actually a Marty Brown interview that caught me by surprise. He did mention his attitude specifically that needs to improve in order to make it to the big leagues and he was explicit in his reasoning that his focus and attitude hasn't been up to par.
From the way I took it, it was in regards to his time since returning from his stint in the bluejays. Not his tenure in the minors as a whole. The former I could understand and many prospects go through that adjustment mentally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntouchable13 View Post
If he is ready, then what's the point of one or two more rehab games? On the flip side, there is no point in rushing him up here since the team is winning. If they were struggling, no doubt he would be up here tomorrow.
You're technically right. The only reason I could think of is if there's something specifically they're looking for in his ankle. Something that can only be seen from extensive at-bats and base running. Turns at bases, sprints, just testing it in different ways. If it has nothing to do with that and purely about "getting his timing back" or something along those lines, then he should definitely be up.

Old
06-22-2013, 11:58 PM
Eyedea
The Legend Continues

Vancouver was down 6-1 after the 5th, and they chipped away the next 3 innings and now sport an 8-6 lead in the 9th.

Closed Thread