Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 red sox/mlb thread part XXV

Closed Thread

Old
06-21-2013, 09:46 PM
couture23

vCash: 500
BJ's win on a walk off! Thank god they can cool down the O's.

5 RBI's for Victorino too.

Old
06-22-2013, 12:27 AM
CDJ

This thread is funny. Seems like there is only discussion when something negative is happening hahahaha. Misery loves company I guess. It's alright though, because boy was it deserved tonight- Lester really needs to step it up.

I like the move to go to Koji in the closer spot. Don't have to worry about strike throwing with him....at least blown saves will be quick and painless.

Old
06-22-2013, 03:16 AM
JRull86
Formerly Guiledoom

With Buchholz on the DL...Lackey is the team's better starter right now, and they still have the best record in the AL. Who thought they'd be saying that in late June?

Lester needs to figure his **** out and quick. He's been nothing short of horrible for over a month. His location is garbage.

Old
06-22-2013, 06:06 AM
Mr Cartmenez

Thank god for the offense (especially Iggy), Lester tried his best to choke another game away.

Old
06-22-2013, 11:44 AM
CDJ

^even more especially Victory-no

Old
06-22-2013, 07:31 PM
robert terwilliger
the bart, the

lots of fun games today. a good saturday when i'm watching baseball from noon until 8.

sucks to miss scherzer tonight but i'll have it on gameday, i suppose.

Old
06-22-2013, 07:35 PM
Shaun
best poster alive

it's too bad they didn't buy low on Cabrera when he was an alcoholic wife beater.

Old
06-22-2013, 07:35 PM
EverettMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert terwilliger View Post
lots of fun games today. a good saturday when i'm watching baseball from noon until 8.

sucks to miss scherzer tonight but i'll have it on gameday, i suppose.
How does your marriage survive April to October?

Old
06-22-2013, 07:37 PM
EverettMike

Do catchers just get grizzled so they look the part more, or does the position just attract the naturally grizzled?

Also, great stop by salty.

Old
06-22-2013, 07:40 PM
Shaun
best poster alive

this escalated quickly.

Old
06-22-2013, 07:45 PM
robert terwilliger
the bart, the

mrs. terwilliger has school and work to keep her occupied.

plus, some weekends are better than others. sometimes i only get the red sox game because it's all i have time for or she wants to do something else. if that's the case, there's condensed games to watch, or, failing having 15 minutes to spend on a condensed game, there's highlights. twitter is great for knowing which games are worth spending time on.

weekends she has a ton of school work or works and then comes home to do school work are "good" baseballing. i lose wife time but i can literally sit in front of my tv/laptop/kindle and watch baseball from 1pm to whenever the last game is.

obviously i can't do that every weekend but some are better than others. weekdays/weeknights i usually only get 2-3 complete games a day.

Old
06-22-2013, 07:48 PM
EverettMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert terwilliger View Post
mrs. terwilliger has school and work to keep her occupied.

plus, some weekends are better than others. sometimes i only get the red sox game because it's all i have time for or she wants to do something else. if that's the case, there's condensed games to watch, or, failing having 15 minutes to spend on a condensed game, there's highlights. twitter is great for knowing which games are worth spending time on.

weekends she has a ton of school work or works and then comes home to do school work are "good" baseballing. i lose wife time but i can literally sit in front of my tv/laptop/kindle and watch baseball from 1pm to whenever the last game is.

obviously i can't do that every weekend but some are better than others. weekdays/weeknights i usually only get 2-3 complete games a day.
"Only."

Old
06-22-2013, 08:43 PM
robert terwilliger
the bart, the

i have the week of the 4th off. i should keep notes on how much baseball i watch that week.

Old
06-23-2013, 08:28 AM
robert terwilliger
the bart, the

last pitcher to start a season 11-0 who wasn't named roger clemens?

andy hawkins, aka the only world series game winning pitcher in padres history.

Old
06-23-2013, 09:54 AM
robert terwilliger
the bart, the

lots going on today.

obviously verlander's pitching today. that might have been cause to look forward to the rockies on tuesday but verlander's actually looked human this year. he's still striking a ton of guys out (27%) but he's walking more guys and when hitters make contact, the ball is landing. whether that's luck or the tigers's defense who knows. doubront will look to repeat the game of his life against tampa.

if you're not interested in watching doubront, matt harvey pitches today. james shields, matt cain, and mat latos too. joe blanton v. the pirates should be fun since the pirates've hit six homers in their last three games and blanton has a 16% hr/fb rate.

Old
06-23-2013, 11:21 AM
Culture of Hockey
Classless Fanboy

Yeah, I've kind of settled it in my head that I'm ready to close the book on the hockey season and walk back into baseball's loving arms. I start dedicating closer attention maybe my FBB team will move from the 5th place spot it seems stuck in.

WMB out again today, fifth time in six games.

I'm up for watching Verlander spin a beaut, even if it comes at the hands of the Sox. I can't get enough of watching that guy pitch.

Tonight's Cards/Rangers matchup should be good too.

Old
06-23-2013, 01:48 PM
Shaun
best poster alive

enrique is an obp machine

Old
06-23-2013, 04:44 PM
BCeagle

Bailey Sucks

Big mistake to bring him in, Nava should catch it with 2 hands, Farrell for even bringing in Bailey in. Sox deserved to lose this game period. All around incompetence this game.

Bailey can't close or be a set up man. He just plain sucks, period. That's why you pay the money for Papabon.

Old
06-23-2013, 04:46 PM
N o o d l e s

It's a shame, we could have gotten out of Detroit with a split if Bailey didn't completely blow. At least Baltimore lost and NY is losing late.

Old
06-23-2013, 04:57 PM
CDJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCeagle View Post
Big mistake to bring him in, Nava should catch it with 2 hands, Farrell for even bringing in Bailey in. Sox deserved to lose this game period. All around incompetence this game.

Bailey can't close or be a set up man. He just plain sucks, period. That's why you pay the money for Papabon.
You're flat out wrong. He was lights out as a setup man and was solid as a closer before going on the DL with bicep tendinitis. He got back and has seen his velocity dip big time (to be expected with that kind of injury) and as a result is getting tuned up.

He needs to take more time to get the bicep right, even if he feels like its fine. Going from 95-96 to 93 tops is an issue and clearly he still has weakness in that arm. I have tendinitis from pitching myself, and let me tell you it saps everything you have. Some days it feels fine, but the snap on your offspeed stuff and your velocity in general are noticeably different when you have tendinitis.

But to say Bailey is a bad pitcher is stupid. Has he sucked recently? Absolutely, you'd be a lunatic to disagree with that. But he is still a GREAT pitcher when he is throwing at 100%. Be mad at Farrell for having the audacity to put him in a tight ballgame. He needs to build some confidence /his FB up before he can do that again

And "Papabon" hasn't been much better lately anyway. **** happens with closers, they are unpredictable. That's what makes Rivera so impressive.

EDIT: Just looked, and Bailey and Papelbon have been equally as successful this week. Pretty telling...

Old
06-23-2013, 06:41 PM
Culture of Hockey
Classless Fanboy

I'm out and about, my friend Rob lets me know they've gotten Verlander beat but Bailey was coming in the game in the 7th.

I really could only laugh.

New and inventive ways to blow a game.

A split in Detoilet would've been nice.

Old
06-23-2013, 07:58 PM
BCeagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshmont Flavor View Post
I'm out and about, my friend Rob lets me know they've gotten Verlander beat but Bailey was coming in the game in the 7th.

I really could only laugh.

New and inventive ways to blow a game.

A split in Detoilet would've been nice.
Yes and it could have been 3 of 4 not just a split and it's not a new way to blow a game, it's not again with Bailey. Miller shows he's not a closer with his control problems either. Hitting a batter with 2 strikes on the guy and giving up hits. This club is in trouble with no closer and suspect staff. Lester was lucky to get a win despite giving up runs that normally would be a loss if they didn't score 10 runs.

Last edited by BCeagle: 06-23-2013 at 08:04 PM.
Old
06-24-2013, 04:28 PM
Juliet Papa Golf

Going to my first MLB game this Saturday at Fenway (WOOO!) however I am a tad concerned about the weather, possible thunderstorms.

Just wondering what the protocol is when it comes to game postponement due to weather at Baseball games as I have absolutely no idea! Will they play through it depending on the severity/ wait for the storm to pass/ call off the game completely and play at a later date? Cheers.

Old
06-25-2013, 02:25 PM
Shaun
best poster alive

Nick Cafardo ‏@nickcafardo 13s
Looks like Will middlebrooks may be heading down to Pawtucket. First baseman Snyder may be coming up.

who had enrique winning the 3rd base job?

Old
06-25-2013, 02:33 PM
qc
#TeamClode

vCash: 69
Time to put the pink hat on for a couple of months.

Closed Thread