Notices

The YETI - Soderberg - II

Old
06-15-2013, 04:54 PM
Afam*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpata View Post
Don't worry, because it's not going to happen.
Lol. Which part soderberg not playing?

Afam* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2013, 08:12 PM
spylogic3

Soderberg was just on TV in HNIC's "Who's your favourite player" segment ... he said it was Mats Sundin.

spylogic3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2013, 08:22 PM
Shaun
beauty

Disappointed he didn't say Forsberg

Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2013, 11:48 PM
GloryDaze4877
Stone Clode 3:17

He's been called a poor man's Sundin.

Peverley, Dawg, and Thornton brought nothing tonight...unleash the Yeti.

GloryDaze4877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2013, 11:49 PM
EverettMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDaze4877 View Post
He's been called a poor man's Sundin.

Peverley, Dawg, and Thornton brought nothing tonight...unleash the Yeti.
I thought Peverley was skating.

But Daugavins just can't be trusted.

EverettMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2013, 11:51 PM
GloryDaze4877
Stone Clode 3:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettMike View Post
I thought Peverley was skating.

But Daugavins just can't be trusted.
Pevs was skating, but I just didn't see much production?

He will be gone this offseason.

GloryDaze4877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2013, 11:54 PM
westernhome

with Daugavins so shaky what is the risk of putting in Soderberg, the risk that Soderberg might be shaky too?

westernhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2013, 11:55 PM
RussellmaniaKW

Daugavins brings absolutely nothing to this team right now. Soderberg cannot possibly be worse. He'd only play like 10 minutes anyway, so why not do it?

RussellmaniaKW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 12:51 AM
remer

Time for soderberg. He gives the team a few options.

remer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 01:25 AM
N o o d l e s

At least Daugavins didn't do anything noticeably bad tonight. But even so I stand by that I want to see Soderberg play now. Now that Clode has discovered Paille - Kelly - Seguin works he can use Soderberg and have the excuse of "burying him on the 4th line". And he may even bring some scoring from that 4th line, something we KNOW Daugavins won't do.

N o o d l e s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 01:26 AM
Kelly23
Pedroia and Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by remer View Post
Time for soderberg. He gives the team a few options.
he is not going to score in 4 minutes of ice time, if he does not play his name is not on the cup, more motivation for next year.

Let Dogman play on the PK that has not allowed a goal in the last 6 he is in half those games

Kelly23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 02:38 AM
MioneRask134

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly23 View Post
he is not going to score in 4 minutes of ice time, if he does not play his name is not on the cup, more motivation for next year.

Let Dogman play on the PK that has not allowed a goal in the last 6 he is in half those games
I'd rather take the chance of him possibly scoring a goal, and him being on the pp than let Dog be out there.

MioneRask134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 02:42 AM
RussellmaniaKW

Quote:

He is averaging 6 seconds of PK time per game. Daugavins has nothing to do with the success of this team's PK.

At least Soderberg can play center which gives us a lot more options when lines need juggling.

RussellmaniaKW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 03:48 AM
CJDolan

Quote:

Dagauvins chances of scoring in his 4 minutes of ice time=soderbergs chances of scoring with 60 minutes in the press box. You really think that keeping an awful dagauvins in and holding Soderberg out just so sodas name won't be on the cup will motivate him next year? We are trying to win a cup RIGHT NOW. Next year does not matter at all. Bench the guy who has 0 upside and sucks in te neutral zone and put in the MVP of a top tier league. He brings something to the table.

Also I honestly don't remember seeing dog on the PK at all, so that point isn't valid at all.

Honestly have no idea how you can even use "keep his name off the cup so he has more drive next year!" As an argument.

CJDolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 04:19 AM
Pay Carl
don't lose touch

Daugavins barely even played, no wonder everyone thinks he did nothing haha

Pay Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 07:30 AM
misterjaggers

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussellmaniaKW View Post
He is averaging 6 seconds of PK time per game. Daugavins has nothing to do with the success of this team's PK.

At least Soderberg can play center which gives us a lot more options when lines need juggling.
We never used him at center during the regular season.

misterjaggers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 10:54 AM
4ORRBRUIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterjaggers View Post
We never used him at center during the regular season.
I think we did in one game anyway. Not sure but I think it was the third one he played in.

4ORRBRUIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 11:04 AM
misterjaggers

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ORRBRUIN View Post
I think we did in one game anyway. Not sure but I think it was the third one he played in.
Guess I missed it.

misterjaggers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 11:16 AM
Kelly23
Pedroia and Drew

OK lets play it out Soda plays with Pevs and Thornton, gets 4 minutes if he is lucky, we are getting two Powerplays per game he will get about 1:30 on the PP, so 5 minutes of ice time I get people want to see the shiney new toy but come on to expect he does anything is wrong.

He has played 5 professional games and not one in the play-offs, if he was special in practice I am sure CJ would have put him in.

As for center helps line juggleing, Peverly deserves to be on the fourth line injured or not he is a fourth liner right now our center spot is fine, who knows if Soderberg even has the system down he should but Chad ochocinco could not learn how to run a 9 route in 9 mounths.

Caron would be a better option imo, he has atleast played alot.

Old
06-16-2013, 12:30 PM
Dr Seldon
I play like Carl

Quote:
OK lets play it out Soda plays with Pevs and Thornton, gets 4 minutes if he is lucky, we are getting two Powerplays per game he will get about 1:30 on the PP, so 5 minutes of ice time I get people want to see the shiney new toy but come on to expect he does anything is wrong.

He has played 5 professional games and not one in the play-offs, if he was special in practice I am sure CJ would have put him in.

As for center helps line juggleing, Peverly deserves to be on the fourth line injured or not he is a fourth liner right now our center spot is fine, who knows if Soderberg even has the system down he should but Chad ochocinco could not learn how to run a 9 route in 9 mounths.

Not to be too much of a know it all, but he's played more like 474 professional games. The players do actually get payed in Sweden. But your point is still valid, he has limit experience playing in the B's systems, as well as playing on small rinks.

Obviously I want him to play, and he would be a much more exiting option than Caron or Daugavins. But if it would be better choice or not I'll leave up to the coach. However, the way the fourth line has been used since Campbell got injured, it will most likely have negligible impact on the game. Julien really limits the minutes for players he don't trust 100%.

Dr Seldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 03:35 PM
CJDolan

Quote:

You're missing the point here. Nobody wants to see him because he's a shiny new toy. People want to see him because dagauvins sucks and brings ZERO offense to the table. Soderberg has skill. Playing with skill playing 4 min has better scoring potential than a moron playing 4 minutes who is allergic to open nets. Caron also is a safer play but again, no offensive talent. I went to 2 Manchester monarchs games this season, both against providence, and they were three months apart. Caron had a hat trick in game one and HADN'T SCORED SINCE in game two. Guy is a bust. 4 minutes of ice time give the guy with skill a shot and let him play on the pp some.

CJDolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 03:43 PM
Kelly23
Pedroia and Drew

playing 4 minutes with Peverly and Thornton might might might result in a scoreing chance so what does it matter there a checking line, I know we have a great 4th line with soupy but every other team in the league does not ***** when there fourth line get normal 4th line minute 4-6 and do not score, your all acting like spoiled brats.

We do not need his maybe one point this series he will not be a difference, not like he set the world on fire in his first 5 and if he was head and shoulders better he would be playing.

Our forward spots on the PP are set Lucic Krejci Bergeron Jagr and Seguin Horton Marchand, Bartowski could be swaped for seidenberg so frankly if you want him for the PP call for CJ to put Bart as a 7th Dman it makes a lot more sense than Soderberg.

ps I guess I should have siad NHL instead of Pro

Old
06-16-2013, 03:52 PM
The Dangley One
Dangle dangle goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by westernhome View Post
with Daugavins so shaky what is the risk of putting in Soderberg, the risk that Soderberg might be shaky too?
The risk is that soderberg is just down right awful

The Dangley One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 03:55 PM
patty59

If they aren't going to use Daugavins to kill penalties, then there is really no point in keeping him in the lineup. You'd probably be better off giving his 7mins to Soderberg. Or Caron even.

patty59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 04:34 PM
The Dangley One
Dangle dangle goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by patty59 View Post
If they aren't going to use Daugavins to kill penalties, then there is really no point in keeping him in the lineup. You'd probably be better off giving his 7mins to Soderberg. Or Caron even.
I think Clode is just flat out more confident in Daugavins abilities. Soderberg is a huge question mark, just seems awfully foolish to have Soderberg cut his teeth in the SCF

The Dangley One is offline   Reply With Quote