HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

All-Purpose Jonathan Bernier Thread (All Bernier Talk here)

Closed Thread

Old
06-19-2013, 07:19 PM
gabeliscious

vCash: 500
if the price was frattin + the leafs 1st then id hope nonis would bow out gracefully.

if the concern is nonis flipping bernier then im sure they could put a conditional pick in play and some sort of stipulation that nonis cant trade bernier to a western conference team within a given period of time?

personally, if nonis were to acquire bernier i think he would be much better off keeping him and running a 1a/1b type situation until either bernier or reimer demonstrate that they are clearly the preferred goaltender in toronto. considering that toronto really doesnt have any stud goaltending prospects i think have that extra bullet in the gun would be great insurance.

Old
06-19-2013, 07:31 PM
Dan-o16

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimi78 View Post

Thought people would be interested in this info.
If LAK were worried about Bernier being "flipped", they should just trade him to a team where he certainly won't be flipped. Like NYI.

I've gone back and forth about my confidence about whether a deal can get done. When you combine LAK's needs, Bernier's needs, NYI's needs, and Nino Niederreiter's needs... There's just too much fit there to ignore.

The "flip" comment only outlines how little leverage Lombardi has. Unless he deals with NJD or NYI, he can't be confident about the outcome.

Old
06-19-2013, 07:31 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by King'sPawn View Post
It's cool. I didn't mean to push any buttons. I just don't know how it worked out or why, and obviously the reasons would impact interest.

Obviously it's a non issue so you don't have to explain them again.
No, you're fine. I went back and read my post and admit it was a bit sarcastic.

My bad, not yours.

06-19-2013, 08:04 PM
ahthorne

LAKings Insider was taking notes from Sam Carchidi, a Flyers beat writer who really doesn't know what he's talking about. He suggested Couturier+11th overall for Bernier... which is ridiculous.

If Bob Mac says something like Frattin+pick+prospect could work, you better hope the Flyers aren't interested in moving Couturier or the 11th overall.

Old
06-19-2013, 08:05 PM
Osprey

If LA is afraid of Bernier being flipped, it cuts down on the number of teams that are serious destinations, which could impact the return. It may end up that the best offer is from a team that LA doesn't entirely trust to not flip Bernier, meaning that LA may take the 2nd-best offer, instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
This is insanity, and Panaccio is horrific. Don't take anything he says seriously, guy is a complete hack. I wouldn't trust him to write an instruction manual for peanut butter, much less hockey coverage.
What did he say that's so insane? Read is roughly fair value for Bernier and, if you were LA, wouldn't you ask for Voracek first, too? He said "Kings would likely want Jakub Voracek as main piece." What's insane about that? That doesn't mean that the Flyers would even consider trading Voracek for Bernier; it means only that the Kings would start out asking for him. That's negotiations. Does it sound very likely that Lombardi would go to Holmgren and say, "you can have Bernier for Read"? No, he would go to him and say, "you can have Bernier for Voracek." Holmgren would likely balk, counter with something like a 2nd and a blah prospect, and the two might eventually settle on Read.

I just hate when people rip apart journalists and bloggers for their own poor reading comprehension, not what the writer actually said.

Last edited by Osprey: 06-19-2013 at 08:12 PM.
Old
06-19-2013, 08:07 PM
sabresfan129103

Leafs should make a big push for him. Especially since Reimer has shown he chokes in the playoffs. They should be playing for the cup right now.

Old
06-19-2013, 08:10 PM
Larry Hoover

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimi78 View Post
On the sportsnet forum the head mod there is in tight with the executives of LA and is known on that forum as a legitimate LA insighter here's what he said about this situation.

"LArider
3,787 posts since
21-Sep-2009
Currently Being Moderated
28. 19-Jun-2013 10:17 AM in response to: KahunaBaby
Re: Kypreos: Kings could be close to moving Bernier

Morning KahunaBaby et al:

Noticed your comment, and thought I could add a little background.,

This weekend, Jonathan Bernier fired his long-time Agent, and signed with CAA (Creative Artists Agency), in their Sports Division, The new Agent, from CAA, representing Bernier also represents Mark Streit and Claude Giroux, which I suspect caused the Flyer discussions.

From what I'm told MORE THAN 10 TEAMS HAVE CALLED Dean Lombardi to discuss acquiring Bernier, so Execs are pretty confident they'll get a VERY nice return for him. (The Leafs are one of the Teams that have had discussions, and they know the "parameters" of what Dean expects, from previous negotiations; Kings were asking for Frattin and the Leafs 1st rounder then , and I doubt the expectations ave changed much.)

For the Kings,the primary concern in trading Jonathin ISN'T the return (they are, as stated, confident Bernier will fetch pretty nice assets), BUT they are "worried" that some of the interested teams will "flip" Bernier to either Edmonton or Calgary after acquiring him. Kings believe Bernier has a very "high ceiling" and would REALLY like to ensure he doesn't wind up with a Western Conference rival.

Regardless, while no idea who Dean will ultimately elect to trade with, interesting how many Teams seemingly value Bernier highly. And a bit surprised that the Leafs were one of the Teams calling, given that Reimer had a pretty solid Season, from what you all Post (haven't seen any Leaf Games this year, so relying upon your comments)

Anyway, hope this helps. Have a good day, everyone,"

Thought people would be interested in this info.
This guy said a whole lot of nothing. I could have told you all of that. Friedman mentioned the concern about him being flipped to EDM or CGY in 30 thoughts on Monday, the Frattin stuff is pretty widely speculated and most think Frattin + 2nd is what it would take so obviously the Kings would be asking for Frattin + 1st. Him firing his agent is common knowledge, him explaining what CAA is makes him seem all less credible as it feels like an attempt to prove his credibility.

Old
06-19-2013, 08:11 PM
Kbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabresfan129103 View Post
Leafs should make a big push for him. Especially since Reimer has shown he chokes in the playoffs. They should be playing for the cup right now.
How come people like to ignore that the series wouldn't have even gotten to game 7 if Reimer hadn't played lights out the 2 previous games?

Also, by your logic, I guess the Leafs should trade the whole team seeing as every one of them **** the bed in game 7.

Old
06-19-2013, 08:11 PM
Larry Hoover

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabresfan129103 View Post
Can't tell if serious...

Old
06-19-2013, 08:35 PM
Flour Child
Unleavened User

vCash: 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
I know I'm getting choppy service since charter melted down yesterday. I just wanted a direct link.
http://lakingsinsider.com/2013/06/19...er/#more-34769

Old
06-19-2013, 08:37 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dingo View Post
Dude, your handle and avatar are hysterical. I'm dying here.

Last edited by Darth Milbury: 06-19-2013 at 08:48 PM.
Old
06-19-2013, 11:24 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
If LA is afraid of Bernier being flipped, it cuts down on the number of teams that are serious destinations, which could impact the return. It may end up that the best offer is from a team that LA doesn't entirely trust to not flip Bernier, meaning that LA may take the 2nd-best offer, instead.

What did he say that's so insane? Read is roughly fair value for Bernier and, if you were LA, wouldn't you ask for Voracek first, too? He said "Kings would likely want Jakub Voracek as main piece." What's insane about that? That doesn't mean that the Flyers would even consider trading Voracek for Bernier; it means only that the Kings would start out asking for him. That's negotiations. Does it sound very likely that Lombardi would go to Holmgren and say, "you can have Bernier for Read"? No, he would go to him and say, "you can have Bernier for Voracek." Holmgren would likely balk, counter with something like a 2nd and a blah prospect, and the two might eventually settle on Read.

I just hate when people rip apart journalists and bloggers for their own poor reading comprehension, not what the writer actually said.
Pannacio has spewed crap time and time again which is why he's being mocked. If you followed the Flyers you would know exactly why we laugh at comments like this. If it was the Penguins that were rumoured to be interested in Bernier, nobody would say "the Kings would likely ask for Letang".

Old
06-20-2013, 01:47 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
One of the Kings' bloggers, essentially Eklund (used to be the Kings blogger for HockeyBuzz):

Quote:
Since I’m moody as **** tonight I’m gonna spill the beans:

I’m told a deal is “in place” for Bernier. But what do I know. I’m only 1% right.

Was told that Toronto offered the Kings Colborne and two picks – DL turned it down – they then offered Matt Fratin and the 1st -

Islanders have offered Matt Martin (whom I absolutely love) and their 1st – DL doesn’t like Neiderreiter

Flyers aren’t going to part with Coutourier. Maybe Schenn, but does Lombardi like him?

Teams have been asking about Kopitar
http://bigmouthbarry.com/r-i-p-my-friend/#comments

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller

Last edited by Telos: 06-20-2013 at 01:54 AM.
Old
06-20-2013, 01:49 AM
Blue Goose
"Hockey Transplant"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 2s
The 5 teams I believe are in the mix, to varying degrees, on Jonathan Bernier: Florida, Minny, Philly, Tor and NYI...

https://twitter.com/Real_ESPNLeBrun/...38075560984576
As the others have mentioned, Florida has Markstrom so I can't believe they'd be involved.
Toronto always seems to get mentioned because they're the "center of the hockey universe", and honestly, I'd rather have Reimer than Bernier.

That leaves the other three teams - because the goalie movements always seem to have a domino effect, here's what I'd like to see happen:

LA trades Bernier to MIN for a mid-round pick and one of their wingers (Clutterbuck, Brodziak or Setoguchi)
PHI buys out Bryz and signs Backstrom
STL signs Bryz and trades Halak to NYI

Just a thought...

Old
06-20-2013, 01:53 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
One of the Kings' bloggers, essentially Eklund (used to be the Kings blogger for HockeyBuzz):

Quote:
Since I’m moody as **** tonight I’m gonna spill the beans:

I’m told a deal is “in place” for Bernier. But what do I know. I’m only 1% right.

Was told that Toronto offered the Kings Colborne and two picks – DL turned it down – they then offered Matt Fratin and the 1st -

Islanders have offered Matt Martin (whom I absolutely love) and their 1st – DL doesn’t like Neiderreiter

Flyers aren’t going to part with Coutourier. Maybe Schenn, but does Lombardi like him?

Teams have been asking about Kopitar

Old
06-20-2013, 02:06 AM
Sergei Berezin

If Nonis offers Frattin + 1st for freakin' Bernier... I will absolutely lose it.

Old
06-20-2013, 02:08 AM
ChesapeakeRipper
#firecarlyle

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Berezin View Post
If Nonis offers Frattin + 1st for freakin' Bernier... I will absolutely lose it.
i think its actually a 2nd. i doubt nonis would deal the first round pick.

Old
06-20-2013, 02:15 AM
Nose of Sutter

I would kiss DL and pick Frattin up at LAX for free if we got him and a first for JB, I'd be perfectly fine with Frattin+2nd though.

Old
06-20-2013, 02:20 AM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nose of Sutter View Post
I would kiss DL and pick Frattin up at LAX for free if we got him and a first for JB, I'd be perfectly fine with Frattin+2nd though.
I don't know why but this post made me crack up lol. Thanks had a bad day.

Old
06-20-2013, 02:27 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Fratin and the 1st, or Martin and a 1st, would meet Dean's criteria for a deal.

Old
06-20-2013, 02:43 AM
KBA4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post

He's been a ****** for a long time, not trustworthy in any way. Frattin and a 1st is more than fair...I'd prefer Read though

Old
06-20-2013, 02:53 AM
Vic Vinegar

Yeah...I'm not going to get my hopes up. Seriously doubt we get Frattin + 1st.

Old
06-20-2013, 03:11 AM
Marlowe Syn
R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
Mall of America is wildly over rated.
Concur. Mall of America is an embarrassment. Freakin hate that monstrosity. Hmm lets go shopping as he wildly overpay for our useless crap because it came from "The world's largest mall"

Old
06-20-2013, 03:14 AM
Four1 Lead
We got Nylander.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
Fratin and the 1st, or Martin and a 1st, would meet Dean's criteria for a deal.
Toronto is not giving up Frattin + a 1st rounder for Bernier.

Especially since our 24 year old current NHL goalie put up a .923 SV% in the playoffs.

If we didn't have Reimer, I'd probably think about that offer though. So I'm not saying it's not fair value.

Old
06-20-2013, 03:18 AM
Four1 Lead
We got Nylander.

If Frattin does get traded, I want to say that Frattin is awesome and will do great in LA.

I'd give up Frattin and a 2nd in 2014 for Bernier.

Hesitant to give up the 51st overall pick this year. We need MARKO DANO!

Closed Thread