HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

All-Purpose Jonathan Bernier Thread (All Bernier Talk here)

Closed Thread

Old
06-20-2013, 07:50 AM
SchennSational1022*
The Future

vCash: 500
Just ****ing trade Read for him already Homer!!!

Old
06-20-2013, 07:53 AM
SchennSational1022*
The Future

Lol suggesting Schenn or Couturier for Bernier is asinine. That blogger is obviously a hack. Read and a 2nd for Bernier, I would like to see LA get a better deal than that.

Old
06-20-2013, 07:55 AM
Riseonfire
R+L=J

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strometrooper View Post
Matt Martin goes nowhere. He is the embodiment of what type of player Snow wants on his team. His stats do not show his true importance to the Isles. You trade him, you set the franchise back two years at least.
And that's why we know that Kings Blogger is throwing **** at a wall.

He has no idea of MM's importance and presumably just thinks he's a banger with some decent hands who would fit great on their 3rd line and he's cheap.

Identity players are almost as important as your impact players. It's the tweeners that are easily tradeable.

As much as I want Bernier, I wouldn't trade Martin for him 1 for 1. And don't take that the wrong way Kings' fans. I understand Bernier is by far the better player.

Old
06-20-2013, 07:56 AM
dannyboy8920

Seems right - But will DL throw the Leafs a bone for helping drive the price up?

Old
06-20-2013, 07:56 AM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stats01 View Post
Frattin and a first..F no to that! too much to give up! Hang up the phone Nonis, just hang up the phone.
Lombardi manufactured this 'auction' because he knows he has little leverage and is trying to drive up the price. Where are all the participants though? The entire ruse may work out in the end, but the other GM's should see right through it since it's completely transparent.

Where has this phantom + 1st rounder come from? The last thing I heard was the Bobby Mac tweet about Frattin + prospect/pick. If that + was really a 1st or even a 2nd, it would have been mentioned. Nonis and any other GM involved has the ability to walk away if the price is too high which further lowers Lombardi's leverage.

Old
06-20-2013, 07:59 AM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riseonfire View Post
I don't buy those proposals.

Islanders have no reason to be tossing Martin in the convo and they have 'better' pieces to trade.
Look at the source, a Kings blogger. Lots of credibility right there.

Old
06-20-2013, 08:05 AM
flyershockey

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riseonfire View Post
And that's why we know that Kings Blogger is throwing **** at a wall.

He has no idea of MM's importance and presumably just thinks he's a banger with some decent hands who would fit great on their 3rd line and he's cheap.

Identity players are almost as important as your impact players. It's the tweeners that are easily tradeable.

As much as I want Bernier, I wouldn't trade Martin for him 1 for 1. And don't take that the wrong way Kings' fans. I understand Bernier is by far the better player.
And people call Couturier overrated because Flyer fans hype him up.

Matt Martin is a banger/energy guy that scores >10 goals a year. If Snow was offered Bernier for Martin, he would take it ten times out of ten and fill the goaltending position for potentially the next decade+.

Zac Rinaldo plays the exact same role for the Flyers. Should they make him a team identity player too?

Old
06-20-2013, 08:07 AM
dannyboy8920

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchennSational1022 View Post
Lol suggesting Schenn or Couturier for Bernier is asinine. That blogger is obviously a hack. Read and a 2nd for Bernier, I would like to see LA get a better deal than that.
agreed.

I think we are at a point where Philly wants to give Read alone, and LA is trying to milk it for all its got.

Read + 2nd is more than fair.

Old
06-20-2013, 08:14 AM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

Lombardi has no leverage to pry any top prospect for Bernier. Sorry kings fans that's just the reality. There's no Kadri, Colborne, Niederreiter, Schenn, or Couturier going in a trade.

Old
06-20-2013, 08:19 AM
IslesNorway

A 2nd and a mid-level prospect/bottom six player should be enough eventually. Nobody will give up anything substantial for a back-up goalie no matter how talented.

Old
06-20-2013, 08:22 AM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyershockey View Post

Matt Martin is a banger/energy guy that scores >10 goals a year. If Snow was offered Bernier for Martin, he would take it ten times out of ten and fill the goaltending position for potentially the next decade+.

Zac Rinaldo plays the exact same role for the Flyers. Should they make him a team identity player too?
I disagree. Matt Martin actually has some offensive upside while all Rinaldo would ever top out at is a checker ala Ian Laparriere. Sometimes player is more valuable to a team the it would be to others.

Old
06-20-2013, 08:24 AM
gabeliscious

Quote:
Originally Posted by sommervr View Post
I would be fine with Frattin and a second going to LAK. I really hope we can hold on to our first.
i dont think you need to worry about the first being moved. trading frattin AND our first would be a desperation panic move. nonis is both calm and not desperate for a goalie right now. its one thing to pay a reasonable fee, its another to overpay. you only overpay if you have to.

i get the impression that move LA fans think frattin + 2nd + scrivens (if they want him) is fair. i think its a cost that toronto could live with. i dont see toronto moving the first unless it is for bernier straight up or along side a lesser prospect like ashton

i definitely dont see the islanders moving martin and i dont see philly moving vorocek, thats just excessive when you think of what young goalies that have been traded recently fetched and the amount of ufa goalies there are this summer.

Old
06-20-2013, 08:37 AM
flyershockey

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sm0ka47 View Post
I disagree. Matt Martin actually has some offensive upside while all Rinaldo would ever top out at is a checker ala Ian Laparriere. Sometimes player is more valuable to a team the it would be to others.
He's been basically the same offensive player for the past three years. His numbers were slightly better this season during the shortened schedule, but not enough to suggest that he can be even a thirty point guy.

Martin might get to Lappy's level of production, which would be good for about 20 points a season and great energy. There's no shame in that role, but a 23/24 year old Lappy would have been traded for a potential number one goalie everytime.

Old
06-20-2013, 08:39 AM
Codith

Read+ a mid pick is fair value right now, anything more than that is just getting a little too crazy. If he keeps raising his demands, someone is going to slap a hefty offer sheet down.

Old
06-20-2013, 08:43 AM
Riseonfire
R+L=J

Quote:
He's been basically the same offensive player for the past three years. His numbers were slightly better this season during the shortened schedule, but not enough to suggest that he can be even a thirty point guy.

Martin might get to Lappy's level of production, which would be good for about 20 points a season and great energy. There's no shame in that role, but a 23/24 year old Lappy would have been traded for a potential number one goalie everytime.
A lot of Islander fans feel like he's being wasted on the 4th line and should be given a more offensive role. Some even want him riding shotgun to JT.

He's got a lot of speed and decent hands. Given the ice time there's no doubt he'd be able to score 30 points.

Old
06-20-2013, 08:45 AM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

I don't want Bernier in Philly

Let him go the the Isles, Nino + 1st for Bernier

Old
06-20-2013, 08:45 AM
Tripod

Philly should give a take it or leave it deal...and a 12 hour timeline on it. Read +2nd in 2014 is the offer. If the answer is no, fine...move on.

Old
06-20-2013, 08:49 AM
enigmatic
Capuano is a stooge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strometrooper View Post
Matt Martin goes nowhere. He is the embodiment of what type of player Snow wants on his team. His stats do not show his true importance to the Isles. You trade him, you set the franchise back two years at least.
holy exaggeration!

i love matt martin, but come on....he is a grinder that is a good team guy, can pot 10-12 goals, hits everything in sight and is a good forechecker...

a player every team would love to have, but not at the expense of a #1 goaltender

if bernier turns into an above average #1 he will be WAY more valuable than MM

The 1st rounder and Martin is too much IMO though

Old
06-20-2013, 08:53 AM
LaLaLand

Quote:

This -

LA should have no interest in players who play depth roles on bottom feeders - short season aside thats what the leafs and isles are.

keep your frattins and your martins

Old
kinghock

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchennSational1022 View Post
You will see it.

Old
Liferleafer
Golf....again....

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabeliscious View Post
i dont think you need to worry about the first being moved. trading frattin AND our first would be a desperation panic move. nonis is both calm and not desperate for a goalie right now. its one thing to pay a reasonable fee, its another to overpay. you only overpay if you have to.

i get the impression that move LA fans think frattin + 2nd + scrivens (if they want him) is fair. i think its a cost that toronto could live with. i dont see toronto moving the first unless it is for bernier straight up or along side a lesser prospect like ashton

i definitely dont see the islanders moving martin and i dont see philly moving vorocek, thats just excessive when you think of what young goalies that have been traded recently fetched and the amount of ufa goalies there are this summer.
I wouldn't even do the bolded. Not because Bernier isn't worth it (although he isn't exacxtly proven), but because we have Reimer making Bernier a luxury....not a need. I'm not opposed to moving the first, as long as it's packaged in some way for a 1C.

Old
06-20-2013, 08:54 AM
mrislander82

Id probably do Nino and a 2nd rd pick

for

Bernier + Rights to Scuderi

Old
06-20-2013, 08:54 AM
Riseonfire
R+L=J

Can we get a Mod to merge the two Bernier threads please? Flipping back and fourth is annoying and it's the same conversation 2X.

Old
06-20-2013, 08:56 AM
Liferleafer
Golf....again....

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
I don't want Bernier in Philly

Let him go the the Isles, Nino + 1st for Bernier
Wow, these prices are harsh. Bernier has proven jack squat. Think more Linback/Bishop pricing.

Old
06-20-2013, 08:59 AM
Steve Holt
Fire Bylsma

Not saying Bernier should garner a ransom, but I expected a bit more than Frattin type players. Maybe I'm underselling Frattin.

Closed Thread