HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > QMJHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Cameron Askew

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-14-2013, 05:43 PM
  #1
fwed
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Drummondville
Posts: 9
vCash: 500
Cameron Askew

Drummondville draft this guy in the first round at the draft.

So, it's an american and we don't kown that much about him.

Some personn know what kind of player he is?
Is he talented? Compare to other player in the draft?
Does Drummond did a good choice to draft him?
He is big, but did he use is shape?

Thanks.

fwed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 06:06 PM
  #2
Hockey Buff
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 189
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fwed View Post
Drummondville draft this guy in the first round at the draft.

So, it's an american and we don't kown that much about him.

Some personn know what kind of player he is?
Is he talented? Compare to other player in the draft?
Does Drummond did a good choice to draft him?
He is big, but did he use is shape?

Thanks.
Cameron is a very good player. One of the better Americans available in the draft.

He moves well for a big guy, good hands and vision.

I think Drummondville made a very good pick....especially if he said he would report.

Hockey Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 06:14 PM
  #3
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,213
vCash: 500
He could of gone top 5.

IHaveNoCreativity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 07:15 PM
  #4
WildcatMapleLeafs28
Registered User
 
WildcatMapleLeafs28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,708
vCash: 500
I haven't watched him play live myself but have talked to a few people about him. Someone that follows Cushing Academy told me he oozes potential. He has exceptional vision and good hands. He's a good skater and likes to play the perimeter. He's a playmaker and very unselfish but contributes with goals as well. Great attitude and very teachable. Coaches love him. Rumours about attitude problems aren't true. He also compared him to Sean Couturier and says he'll be an impact player this upcoming season. Top 5 talent in this draft, some could argue top 3.


Last edited by WildcatMapleLeafs28: 06-14-2013 at 07:23 PM.
WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 07:21 PM
  #5
fwed
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Drummondville
Posts: 9
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Buff View Post
Cameron is a very good player. One of the better Americans available in the draft.

He moves well for a big guy, good hands and vision.

I think Drummondville made a very good pick....especially if he said he would report.

In the local newspaper, he said that he will report next season. He said, that for him, it's was the best way and the shortest way to go in the NHL.

What about is attitude? Some says that he had some because he change school in the year, that it's true?

And finally, what can we expect from him? I know, a 16 yrs old don't lead a team, usually, but, if how much point he could do? At 16 yrs old, does he have the skill to play on the first 2 line?

I ask this question, because I just want to have a better idea of him.

For a big guy, does he use is frame like playing a physical game?
And finally, if you have do compare the style of Askew, at witch player would you compare him?

Sorry if some of my question are not so clear, I don't have the opportunity to write/spoke in english in my city of Drummondville!!!

fwed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2013, 03:01 AM
  #6
Breakfast of Champs
Registered User
 
Breakfast of Champs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,147
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fwed View Post
In the local newspaper, he said that he will report next season. He said, that for him, it's was the best way and the shortest way to go in the NHL.

What about is attitude? Some says that he had some because he change school in the year, that it's true?

And finally, what can we expect from him? I know, a 16 yrs old don't lead a team, usually, but, if how much point he could do? At 16 yrs old, does he have the skill to play on the first 2 line?

I ask this question, because I just want to have a better idea of him.

For a big guy, does he use is frame like playing a physical game?
And finally, if you have do compare the style of Askew, at witch player would you compare him?

Sorry if some of my question are not so clear, I don't have the opportunity to write/spoke in english in my city of Drummondville!!!
From everything I have read/heard I would expect him to be on the top 1 or 2 lines next season for the Volts.

Breakfast of Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2013, 06:10 AM
  #7
NEhockeycoach
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 116
vCash: 500
He will be a top 6 (maybe top 3) forward for Drummondville next season.

His offensive upside is tremendous. He will score some highlight reel goals this season.

He isn't a great skater, and that could end up being his downfall (as far as NHL upside). It will be interesting to see how he does in the Q, which is a much better skating league than the New England preps.

Keep us posted on how he looks in camp. I hope he plays well for you guys.

NEhockeycoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2013, 10:24 AM
  #8
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,213
vCash: 500
I'm sure he will work on the skating.

IHaveNoCreativity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 07:00 PM
  #9
fwed
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Drummondville
Posts: 9
vCash: 500
With Martin Raymond as head coach, I think Askew and the other young player will have a good teacher with them.

And I will give you some information when the camp will start in august.

fwed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2014, 01:13 PM
  #10
wein
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 155
vCash: 500
Apparently has been traded to Moncton. I didn't see him last year but apparently he was a top 5 talent in the draft. He didn't seem to have that good of a year last year but can anyone who saw him give details?

wein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2014, 04:30 PM
  #11
Islanders78
Registered User
 
Islanders78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 62
vCash: 500
To Moncton: Askew, BAT's 9th and 12th .

To Drummond: Zach Beaudoin and BAT's 1st.

To Bath: MON's 2nd round picks in 14 and 15, Mark Simpson

Islanders78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2014, 01:02 AM
  #12
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot
 
QuebecPride's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: MTL/Sherbrooke , Qc
Country: Martinique
Posts: 3,920
vCash: 500
Seems the attitude problems are not from the kid, but from the parents.

QuebecPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2014, 06:03 AM
  #13
welcometothebigshow2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 397
vCash: 500
I personally think this kid will thrive in Moncton. Playing with a lot of other American players will be good for Cameron, and Moncton should give him every opportunity to prove himself.

welcometothebigshow2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2014, 01:29 PM
  #14
WildcatMapleLeafs28
Registered User
 
WildcatMapleLeafs28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,708
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Islanders78 View Post
To Moncton: Askew, BAT's 9th and 12th .

To Drummond: Zach Beaudoin and BAT's 1st.

To Bath: MON's 2nd round picks in 14 and 15, Mark Simpson
Moncton's also sending a 4th 2015 to Bathurst.

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2014, 01:30 PM
  #15
WildcatMapleLeafs28
Registered User
 
WildcatMapleLeafs28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,708
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by welcometothebigshow2 View Post
I personally think this kid will thrive in Moncton. Playing with a lot of other American players will be good for Cameron, and Moncton should give him every opportunity to prove himself.
I'm thinking the same way. He has a lot to prove and it's his draft year. He's currently ranked in the top60 for the 2015 NHL draft. Not too shabby.

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2014, 01:49 PM
  #16
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,213
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post
Seems the attitude problems are not from the kid, but from the parents.
I disagree, having spoken to the father on several occasions.

IHaveNoCreativity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2014, 03:51 PM
  #17
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot
 
QuebecPride's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: MTL/Sherbrooke , Qc
Country: Martinique
Posts: 3,920
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
I disagree, having spoken to the father on several occasions.
Well, from what I gathered from Drummondville fans, the parents and the Volts direction were not on the same page. Cameron never complained about his situation, it was apparently his parents that were unhappy of his usage.

QuebecPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2014, 02:43 PM
  #18
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,213
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post
Well, from what I gathered from Drummondville fans, the parents and the Volts direction were not on the same page. Cameron never complained about his situation, it was apparently his parents that were unhappy of his usage.
I expected him to play more often, I didn't think the Voltigeurs would be strong this year.

IHaveNoCreativity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2014, 11:36 AM
  #19
WildcatMapleLeafs28
Registered User
 
WildcatMapleLeafs28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,708
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
I expected him to play more often, I didn't think the Voltigeurs would be strong this year.
You must be talking about ice time ?

Cause he played 64 out of 68 games.

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2014, 11:48 AM
  #20
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot
 
QuebecPride's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: MTL/Sherbrooke , Qc
Country: Martinique
Posts: 3,920
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
You must be talking about ice time ?

Cause he played 64 out of 68 games.
Ya, the Volts are really exigent in their expectations of their players. If you don't work hard during practices/buy in the system you will pay. Very similar to what Bouchard and Houle do in Blainville. They don't accept passengers.

My understanding is that the family expected Cameron to have top6/9 minutes all year long, no matter what. Just wasn't a good match of philosophy I guess.

But yeah no doubt he would've had more ice this year, Drummond is rather weak.

QuebecPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2014, 06:45 PM
  #21
gumby and pokey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 62
vCash: 500
It sounds like this player has helicopter parents, they are hovering over head at all times. This type of parent actually is slowing development of their kid. Let the kid experience downfalls, disappointments and such. Let him learn from mistakes and develop resiliency and character, on his own.
Tough situation but I'm sure Moncton have done their homework on this family.

gumby and pokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2014, 09:06 PM
  #22
usascout1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 479
vCash: 500
Hopefully Moncton figures out how to use his size. He has great size and good hands should be able to contribute a lot this year to Moncton.

usascout1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2014, 03:42 AM
  #23
WildcatMapleLeafs28
Registered User
 
WildcatMapleLeafs28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,708
vCash: 500
He's going to have a lot of ice time with good players. Moncton has him pencilled in as their second line center , centering Conor Garland and Christophe Lalonde.

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2014, 06:59 PM
  #24
usascout1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 479
vCash: 500
It will be interesting to see how that works as Garland and Lalonde are certainly super offensive. Line should be real productive with the addition of Askew. I saw him twice this year but the flow of the game wasn't great so looking forward to getting a better viewing of him in Moncton next season.

usascout1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2016, 12:17 PM
  #25
Visnovsky
Registered User
 
Visnovsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 289
vCash: 500
How's Cameron been this year? What are his main strengths and weaknesses going into the draft?

Visnovsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:44 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.